• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Nitemare1

Wow that steampunk SW and Optimus have me flabbergasted.

I did some building myself today:
5893 Offroad Power
zpd4shc.jpg

Unnumbered bags and unsorted other than bag piles. This took 3 hours. I like the building so far, was more advanced than I thought.

That was one of my first sets when I rediscovered LEGO. Still assembled on my shelf today. Love it so much!

I built Family House today. A great build and a ton of useful parts. I find it interesting that this, Seaside House and Bike Shop & Cafe all seem to share a general white/medium blue/tan/dark red colour scheme that is very useful to build up a good number of parts.

A bit annoyed that the yellow parts on the car are of WILDLY different qualities, from solid to almost transparent greyish yellow.

I built Family House today. A great build and a ton of useful parts. I find it interesting that this, Seaside House and Bike Shop & Cafe all seem to share a general white/medium blue/tan/dark red colour scheme that is very useful to build up a good number of parts.

A bit annoyed that the yellow parts on the car are of WILDLY different qualities, from solid to almost transparent greyish yellow.

That is my biggest gripe in terms of quality control. Yellow of all the colors has the most inconsistent coloring. If you see the colors in a LEGO PAB wall, you can see how the color varies a lot.

I think this has been an issue ever since LEGO started coloring the ABS plastic themselves to save money. They used to get the ABS granules already colored, but not get them "clear" and color them themselves.

Really bummed out I missed the bear. I got the bunny for my mom, who I'll probably wind up getting the rest for too, but she would have LOVED that bear. :(

In happier news!!

I think I posted in this thread several months ago that while I wasn't really taken with Series 1 of the Mixels, I really liked Shuff - to the point where I wanted to make an army of them.

Well, we sold out before I really got the chance, but I did make a King and Queen, as well as two guards:

Recently, for whatever reason, we got a couple of these sets in:

I saw that, and the two pieces on the side got me thinking...

Several bags of brown Mixels later, and the Dirt Gollum was born!

I even gave him a little tail:

Does anyone know if that craggy rock piece came in other colors besides darkish bley and brown?

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
The bat's really cute in person. Especially because you can fold his wings up and hang him from the ceiling. You can also let him hug his pumpkin.

Ponn

Banned
animalharem]

Man I want all three, loving these Lego animal sets. I got to have that Turkey one. Going to place an order in Oct for the double vip points and that first christmas set. Will probably order whatever of these are available, mixels series 3 and Santa's Workshop. Going to have to figure out what to order myself for my birthday for Brickfriday. I'm leaning either Tumbler or Sea Cow barring any surprise announcements.

Just finished building my R2 10225 but... I have a problem:

The extending 3rd leg is somehow not long enough to make him stand at the angle proposed on the box!!! Did i mess up somewhere along the way or is there an easy fix for this?? I checked the mechanism and on first sight everything looks ok but... :(

I DO remember some of you guys saying back then that there was some kind of mistake in the instructions, could that have referred to the leg mechanism?

In happier news!!

I think I posted in this thread several months ago that while I wasn't really taken with Series 1 of the Mixels, I really liked Shuff - to the point where I wanted to make an army of them.

Well, we sold out before I really got the chance, but I did make a King and Queen, as well as two guards:

Recently, for whatever reason, we got a couple of these sets in:

I saw that, and the two pieces on the side got me thinking...

Several bags of brown Mixels later, and the Dirt Gollum was born!

I even gave him a little tail:

Does anyone know if that craggy rock piece came in other colors besides darkish bley and brown?

You must master Brickset and/or Bricklink. They are great for references.

http://brickset.com/parts/6055063

Whomever designed those sets needs a raise.

It does sadden me that the Halloween one is the weakest looking one. But damn, are they finishing strong with the reindeer.

Ugh. Stop it. I passed on the Bunny so now my collecting compulsion is kicking in and I feel the need to complete the whole collection.

Rootbeer

Banned
Found this Chima polybag in TRU. Think it was previously online only.

My Targets told me their Halloween reset is next week. boo! Tons of school stuff on clearance though.

The bat's really cute in person. Especially because you can fold his wings up and hang him from the ceiling. You can also let him hug his pumpkin.

Yeah, I've seen the bat in person as well and I have to say its way cuter than I thought.

Good to know. Shall tack it onto my order in October.

Stuck in a hotel for the next few weeks since apartment construction fell behind. That means all LEGO is boxed and in storage still. I may not have time to actually do a Halloween MOC this year. :(

Also feeling the itch to build. Might snag a small set to build in the hotel to tide me over for a few weeks.

Ponn

Banned
Good to know. Shall tack it onto my order in October.

Stuck in a hotel for the next few weeks since apartment construction fell behind. That means all LEGO is boxed and in storage still. I may not have time to actually do a Halloween MOC this year. :(

Also feeling the itch to build. Might snag a small set to build in the hotel to tide me over for a few weeks.

Have you got Capn' vs. Hydra yet? I suggest that one then you can roll around with it on a hotel bed.

Ryuuroden

Drove down to Cincinnati to get a vittsjo from Ikea. Stopped at the Lego store before heading back. They had an entire box of 1 by 8 black tiles. I had brought a bunch of pan containers with me. I managed to empty the entire box into four large and one small container as well as get another small containers worth of stuff mixed between the five. Much better deal than 100 dollars

ghostmind

Just finished building my R2 10225 but... I have a problem:

The extending 3rd leg is somehow not long enough to make him stand at the angle proposed on the box!!! Did i mess up somewhere along the way or is there an easy fix for this?? I checked the mechanism and on first sight everything looks ok but... :(

I DO remember some of you guys saying back then that there was some kind of mistake in the instructions, could that have referred to the leg mechanism?

I don't recall mine having an issue, and it looks fine sitting on my desk with the third leg down as always, but the Eurobricks review does mention that the third leg should have been a bit longer to accommodate the proper angle.

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=69410

You must master Brickset and/or Bricklink. They are great for references.

http://brickset.com/parts/6055063

Whoa, awesome!!

It looks like, aside from the swamp green one (Swamp Gollum!) the other colors don't exactly translate into other Shuff types very well.

I mean we have clear, which would be a nightmare if not impossible to get all the parts for. (plus there's the blue Series 2 Mixel that seems to essentially be an "Ice Shuff")
Then there's two shades of brown, which I have one of already. Honestly can't tell the difference between them?
Green, easy enough to MOC.
Grey, the standard color.

Cool! Looks like it's time to hit BrickLink to MOC up a Swamp Shuff. Probably be the easiest way to get all the parts (I had to cheat some of the insides of my Dirt Gollum).

namtab37

Neo Member
Better pics of the TRU Bricktober MicroModulars
Anyone else notice, That in the pictures of the fire station and the town hall the mini picture on top showing the scale.. They are showing vehicles that are in other sets. I'm sure these aren't the final pictures :)

Awesome! Hoping for film noir, it could look really awesome.

Also, nice to hear about The Hobbit. Maybe once those get into people's hands, they turn out more interesting than we thought.

So anyway, October for a few hobbit sets, then December/January for the modular and hopefully the first of 2015's tons of interesting stuff. Good thing I'm just about caught up on modulars now :D

10246 Detective Agency

Fantastic. I love that they are keeping to the nebulous "30s" era of the modular line.

I still need to buy the restaurant but I'm worried I'll miss out on the VW Van if I don't snatch the latter up quickly.

Unrelated: any reports on whether or not this year's SW Advent Calendar will be widely available like the 2011/2012 ones or will it be more limited like last year's?

ghostmind

So the Elrond included in 79015 Witch-King Battle is not the same as the one from the LEGO LOTR game promo polybag.

lLDDget.jpg

(left = 79015, mid = promo poly; right = 79006)

Rootbeer

Banned
Love the Battle of the Five Armies Elrond.

They were unpacking LEGO when I got to TRU yesterday. :( But it did not occur to me to look closely at the Hobbit/LotR section for new stuff. I keep hoping I can score some CMF early since they usually show up a week or two before street date. Maybe next week.

It's a pretty crappy set, but my local Target had the Spider-Man vs Electro spider-trike for $3.88, no idea if this is a permanent reduction or temporary.

It's a pretty crappy set, but my local Target had the Spider-Man vs Electro spider-trike for $3.88, no idea if this is a permanent reduction or temporary.

I would buy it for that price, if only for the minifigs.

SERIOUSLY, that's lower than my discount even!! ($13 set IIRC, making it $7.50) I'd buy it in a heart beat at $4 for the Electro figure alone, not to mention the additional parts pack and bonus Spider-Man figure.

Did they have more than one?? Shit Target here closes in 10 minutes, not enough time to go check.

Finished counting all the black 1x8 tiles I got today at the Lego Store. Total count was 1688 O.0

Are you planning on redoing the floors at your place with 1x8 tiles?
That's 1688x13504 studs. That's 22,794,752 studs!!!
Technically there are no studs, but that will cover a lot of floor.

Top Bottom