• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

WAIT I just saw the post mentioning a detective agency modular a few posts back.

This is a thing? A thing actually happening? This could be absolutely amazing. I'm more hyped for this than I get for most video games these days.

ericb!

Neo Member
Great find.

They look a lot like the 2009 Pirates sets, but with fewer pieces and less complexity.

I'll be getting them, because I can't say no to Pirates, but I'm hoping the final set designs will be a bit more exciting than what I am seeing here.

I first saw the link in a Eurobricks Pirates thread. Not many posters there seemed excited about the upcoming sets.

Ponn

Banned
The other figure in the Black Manta set is Robin in scuba gear.

I see Green Arrow, Hawkman, Cyborg and Superman in the Darkseid set.

Martian Manhunter, Supergirl and Superman in the Braniac set.

Captain Cold, Flash, Wonder Woman, Batman, and a citizen in the Grodd set.

Yea I was thinking that with the Bat Sub but I guess I was hoping it was a stand in fig for someone like Mera or Aqualad. Feels like such a missed opportunity and getting another Aquaman fig.

I'm still stunned about getting Captain Cold. Now I want the rest of the Rogues, give me Captain Boomerang dammnit!

I keep clicking on that Brainiac Ship...I need that now.

Ravek

Banned
I first saw the link in a Eurobricks Pirates thread. Not many posters there seemed excited about the upcoming sets.

Nothing to get excited about, sadly. Ill get the "big" pirate ship. But only because I don't have a pirate ship at the moment and every (Gaf) says the LotR ship isn't worth it.

http://m.imgur.com/a/zTsqH

Prelims for all sorts of themes (DC Super Heroes, Star Wars, CITY, Technic, Creator, Friends, Elves, Disney Princesses, Ultra Agents, Ninjago, Chima, Mixels, Bionicle and more)

Other than Ultra Agents, the only sets interesting to me are the Super Hero ones and mainly for the minifigs. Everything else looks pretty disappointing...more money saved for me!

Just to be used on NIB sets from the 90's so nothing changes!

ghostmind

fHLo9Tk.jpg

gsV5SMX.jpg

Z3e4Xw8.jpg

I'm not sure how I feel about the new bionicle sets now that we can see them up close. I feel like its more Hero Factory: Bionicle edition! Than Bionicle with hero factory elements. Which is not a good thing because I hate hero factory's building system.

Based on the Prelims, My Big Themes for the upcoming year will be Star Wars(Like usual), Mixels, Bionicle, etc. The Microfighters look Amazing to me yet again. I enjoy them for what they are. DC Superheroes looks Fantastic though. That will be hard to resist.

I'm not sure how I feel about the new bionicle sets now that we can see them up close. I feel like its more Hero Factory: Bionicle edition! Than Bionicle with hero factory elements. Which is not a good thing because I hate hero factory's building system.
Yeah, I agree. HF's building process doesn't sit right with me, but I'm hoping that these being Prelims were just prototypes. If not...I'm going to be saddened.

Rootbeer

Banned
i really hate the comically large sword they always give the orcs. most of the modern weapons are fine but that one always looks so out of place to me.

wetwired

full list of minifigs in the DC range from Brickfan

Green Lantern vs. Sinestro (76025)
Sinestro
Green Lantern
Space Batman

Gorilla Grodd Goes Bananas (76026)
Gorilla Grodd
Captain Cold
Driver
Wonder Woman
Flash
Batman

Black Manta Deep Sea Strike (76027)
Black Manta
Aquaman
Robin in red scuba suit
Batman

Darkseid Invasion (76028)
Darkseid
Green Arrow
Hawkman
Cyborg
Superman

Brainiac Attack (76040)
Brainiac
Martian Manhunter
Supergirl
Superman

- See more at: http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-dc-...015-set-minifigure-list/#sthash.KyRnt82j.dpuf

I've marked in bold the one are definite purchases for me based on the minifigs alone

Prelims for all sorts of themes (DC Super Heroes, Star Wars, CITY, Technic, Creator, Friends, Elves, Disney Princesses, Ultra Agents, Ninjago, Chima, Mixels, Bionicle and more)

OH MAN!!!!

I am into a bunch of stuff here. Of course DC. The MicroFighter AT-AT is ADORABLE OH MY GOD. The Creator set with the parrot looks amazing. Some of those Swamp Police sets look good, and the crocodile is back!! Yay!! I was just talking about him at work today.

Pirates is a little underwhelming. Not too bad to me, but the ship itself, "Pyrate Ship" or whatever, is that the big ship they had the contest to name? I was expecting a little more I guess.'
'
I knew Elves would just be a bunch of neat ideas done in fuckin' purple and pink. I get that Friends is the girl line but why do they insist on doing that? Ergh.

Interesting that only two of the Disney sets leaked. Isn't there an Aladdin set and one other one too?

Sad to see no Marvel leaked. REALLY sad to see no Jurassic World leaks. Does that just mean these will all come out sooner than those?

ghostmind

Sad to see no Marvel leaked. REALLY sad to see no Jurassic World leaks. Does that just mean these will all come out sooner than those?

Yes - these will start showing up between November and January (unless the Star Wars sets get pushed to March again in the US). The Avengers sets aren't due until March, so I don't expect to see anything until Toy Fair. Jurassic World could be April or May until those release, so again nothing until Toy Fair.

OMG!!!! Need a moment to clean my screen.

Thank you! Thank you, LEGO!
I am so not interested in the Star Wars sets. This will free me up to get all the Super Hero stuff (multiples of some sets).

Elves
Very interesting. I always thought of the Disney Princesses theme to be a sub-theme of Friends, but it's a standalone theme.
Would it be sexist of me to assume that any LEGO theme using minidolls is targeting girls?
I'll be getting a few of these sets. Lots of parts in interesting colors.

City
Interesting, seems like new motorcycle mould.
Thank goodness not much of the new stuff interests me.

Creator
Those "poor man" Creator modulars are nice. I hope they keep those coming. It's a gateway to modulars.

Star Wars
Phew. With Original Trilogy waves apparently "over", there is little that interests me in this theme.
The big exception are the battle packs and a few micro-fighters. I like a bunch of the minifigs.
I need at least 3 Storm Trooper battle packs. I'd like at least a bunch that match. They keep making little tweeks on them.

Disney Princesses
It's actually good I don't have any daughters. I'd have to buy multiples of each set then. :)
LEGO must be killing it with the Disney Princesses theme.

Friends
Phew. Next wave definitely helps me stop getting Friends sets. More of the same ole stuff. Seems like it's going end up like the line City with a lot of rehashes and occasional "sub-themes/new stuff".
Completionist in me wants to get as many of the minidolls as possible. I hope they are in low demand in the aftermarket.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
LMP car? GET!

Toy and Grocery Shop!

Strangely attracted to the Elves theme. They better keep the colorful hair.

Mixels, Star Wars Microfighters get.

Hobbits Witch-King battle for the minifigs.

The other figure in the Black Manta set is Robin in scuba gear.

I see Green Arrow, Hawkman, Cyborg and Superman in the Darkseid set.

Martian Manhunter, Supergirl and Superman in the Braniac set.

Captain Cold, Flash, Wonder Woman, Batman, and a citizen in the Grodd set.

Green Lantern vs. Sinestro (76025)
Sinestro
Green Lantern
Space Batman

Gorilla Grodd Goes Bananas (76026)
Gorilla Grodd
Captain Cold
Driver
Wonder Woman
Flash
Batman

Black Manta Deep Sea Strike (76027)
Black Manta
Aquaman
Robin in red scuba suit
Batman

Darkseid Invasion (76028)
Darkseid
Green Arrow
Hawkman
Cyborg
Superman

Brainiac Attack (76040)
Brainiac
Martian Manhunter
Supergirl
Superman

- See more at: http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-dc-c....KyRnt82j.dpuf

I've marked in bold the one are definite purchases for me based on the minifigs alone

What if they have alternate print variants of previously released minifigs? :)

So freakin excited DC theme is finally living up to its potential. Three sets without any Batman!!! I'm gonna miss making the Batman in every set joke.

I still am wondering if Wonder Woman and Superman will have new prints to match the newest incarnations in the comics.
I have a few Wonder Woman and Superman minifigs I probably should unload if they use the same prints used in Lex Luthor Power Armor set.
Same with the Martian Manhunter exclusive (only 1 extra).

Hawkman! Green Arrow! Supergirl!

Cyborg is cool, but I want him with the Teen Titans.

That Captain America and Hydra set was pretty cool, I love how the wheels can go over any terrain. Wish it was like actual tank wheels but I'm sure a simple mod could make that happen.

Actually excited for Elves. Tons of new hairpieces that I'll get to use for repaints. And that tree building, replace the leaves with red/orange and you have your Lothlorien right there. If nothing else there's a heavy Teldrassil vibe to it.

Definitely getting the Frozen set.

Possibly the pirate ship, but it's more likely that I'll make something myself.

Why aren't all the sets in bold then? That Gorilla Grodd set looks like solid gold based on the figures. Captain Cold!

The Darkseid one seems to be the best one for figures though. Green Arrow, Cyborg, Darkseid, and Hawkman!

Ugh, that is a helluva line up they have for DC figures next year. Now to wait for the Marvel list and find out how many Ultron variants there will be.

I swear, if the new stormtrooper battle pack has different printing than the ones that are in the current star destroyer there shall be many a table flipped.

Krilekk

Banned
Oh man, some of that stuff looks soo good.

And some so bad. Pirates will not be bought, Sea Cow it is. And that Technic race car looks awesome. Disappointed that they are already running out of tribe ideas for Mixels. But love that Creator parrot. The whole Star Wars lineup will save me some money, guess 2015 will be all about getting older big sets for me. Ewok village, this summer sets, modulars. Plus Minecraft and Jurassic Park.

So many minifigs in those DC sets. I told myself to stop buying superhero sets and concentrate on the City theme. Hopefully the new figs don't look that amazing when we see them. But I do need to grab a Green Arrow.

iuuk

Pirates is a little underwhelming. Not too bad to me, but the ship itself, "Pyrate Ship" or whatever, is that the big ship they had the contest to name? I was expecting a little more I guess.'
I sincerely hope not, that's more than a little underwhelming. Please LEGO, give me a new UCS pirate ship to put next to my Imperial Flagship :(.

Must buys from the prelims for me:

Flat Iron building
Mixels
Technic motorbike, tracked vehicle and Le Mans type car
Micro AT AT
Imperial Troop Transport x3 at least
Shadow Troopers x3 at least

Rest are wait and see or grab on sale.

Krilekk

Banned
Built Unexpected Gathering yesterday, really great set. Probably right there in my top 3 with R2D2 and the Mini Cooper (haven't built any of my modulars yet).

Rootbeer

Banned
Remainder of 2014:
- all 3 9.99 holiday sets (bat, turkey, raindeer)
- CMF series 12
- santa's workshop + free holiday set (1 of 2)
- free holiday set (2 of 2) whatever it ends up being
- slave I (if it comes out this year...)
- battle of the five armies sets, though I may skip set 79017 and wait for a sale. the others seem pretty strong to me.

My 2015 want list (so far)
- Jurassic World (probably everything)
- Star Wars ( all microfighters, battle packs, Rebels sets. The rest are wait and see, but the OT sets are high on my list too)
- DC & Marvel (everything)
- One of the Disney Princess sets, i'm leaning towards Frozen but I dig ANYTHING that's under the sea so Ariel's castle is great too. ALSO NOTE that her set comes with Sebastian this time. I think he was left out of the previous Ariel sets.
- Elves, great color schemes they are going with, i'll buy at least two sets to test it out. I like the ship and treehouse ones.
- Friends air balloon (probably)
- Mixels (everything)
- City Swamp (2 or 3 sets). Main reason is because I am a huge Swamp Thing fan and I hope someday we'll get a minifigure of him. so I'm going to need swamp stuff.
- Agents (probably 1 or 2 of the cooloer mid-sized sets)
- Pirates. I'm getting the pirate ship no matter what. I don't have ANY of the pirate stuff from when I was a kid. Back then, I had several castle, space and pirate sets. Today? I've acquired a fair bit of castle and space stuff, but still very lacking on Pirates, so I have to make up for that. I have one small PotC set and that's all at the moment. :(

Everything else is more wait and see or wait for discounts. I think it's great Chima is getting battle packs now, and it has some nice looking sets, but I've mostly given up on that theme in the last two waves, love the minifigures though.

Ninjago looks to be going a little back closer to its roots and being less crazy like it was in 2014. I think that's a very good choice, it was starting to stray away from what made it a hit in the first place.

it's still very possible they will include the hood with Green Arrow. They've done it with lots of characters, including recently with Magneto in the Sentinel set, who came with his helm and also a hairpiece.

If not? Well, lots of recent sets come with green hoods, including several Hobbit sets, so you may already own a few. It's still a bummer.

(Oh, and if you own a bootleg Green Arrow like me, you could use the hood from that one)

I recommend picking up this bootleg minifigure collection. You get several nice figs not released by LEGO and I got mine on ebay for about $4.50 shipped

0.jpg

I still don't understand what Batman that is supposed to be (Beyond?), but it's still neat. Only figure I didn't want was Venom since I own the official LEGO version.

wetwired

Yeah I have that bootleg green arrow and batman too, batman chest design is a little off to me, I think the red bat logo is just not big enough or something, the green arrow in spot on though.

Toxi

Banned
As a fan of the old Bionicle system, I have zero experience with Hero Factory. Expectations low, hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

Fowler

Kinda glad that none of those leaked sets really appeal to me. Means I can save up to buy EVERYTHING JURASSIC WORLD.

Probably going to pick up some of those as minifigs tho; Green Arrow and Green Lantern for sure.

Top Bottom