• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Wish Elsa's castle was a bigger set but I'm sure my daughter will still want it nonetheless. I'm sure she's going to love the new Elves theme too. My wallet is already crying.

Loving the MF Snowspeeder and AT-AT. I usually only buy big SW Lego sets but these are two of my favorite vehicles.

I swear, if the new stormtrooper battle pack has different printing than the ones that are in the current star destroyer there shall be many a table flipped.

Agreed on the too frequent changes on prints.

Still, those are prelims and are not 100% accurate so there is still hope. A new hope.

Wish Elsa's castle was a bigger set but I'm sure my daughter will still want it nonetheless. I'm sure she's going to love the new Elves theme too. My wallet is already crying.

Loving the MF Snowspeeder and AT-AT. I usually only buy big SW Lego sets but these are two of my favorite vehicles.

There's a solution for a bigger Elsa's castle. It means buying 2 or more of the set. :)

Experien

Built the GotG Rocket/Groot set and I am actually pleased with it. Rocket is the worst part about it and he isn't bad. I'd actually like some more people built like Groot. Maybe like a new figure size?

Built the GotG Rocket/Groot set and I am actually pleased with it. Rocket is the worst part about it and he isn't bad. I'd actually like some more people built like Groot. Maybe like a new figure size?

Still a shame they didn't have a sound brick for Groot. It would have been too perfect.

Also, LEGO's twitter just said "HUGE news! In 4 days time we´ll be revealing something very exciting. Let the guessing game commence!"

Gee. That wouldn't be Slave 1 would it?

Ainaurdur

The prelim for the T-16 Skyhopper...

There have been extremely few examples of what a Tusken might look like underneath the wrappings.
None of them have ever implied green skin or fur. At least I don't recall one looking like that.
Are they perhaps going to introduce one looking this way in Rebels?

Ryuuroden

Still a shame they didn't have a sound brick for Groot. It would have been too perfect.

Also, LEGO's twitter just said "HUGE news! In 4 days time we´ll be revealing something very exciting. Let the guessing game commence!"

Gee. That wouldn't be Slave 1 would it?

Watch it be the detective agency before images of that get leaked too.

ghostmind

The prelim for the T-16 Skyhopper...

There have been extremely few examples of what a Tusken might look like underneath the wrappings.
None of them have ever implied green skin or fur. At least I don't recall one looking like that.
Are they perhaps going to introduce one looking this way in Rebels?

I don't think that's the final face for that minifig. Prelims often substitute minifig components from other sets/themes, just to give retailers an early idea of what a set will look like.

Ravek

Banned

Really? Out of the entire set, Rocket is the worst to you? Just curious as why you dislike him so much.

Looking closer, it appears there are at least four new pointy-eared hairpieces across the six figures. Really looking forward to remaking my characters with official parts. I'll get the treehouse for sure as it comes with plenty of stuff. It's kind of a mini-Ewok Village or a repainted Lothlorien. It also doesn't look like they're reusing Friends faces again.

Also, what are those special bricks mentioned on the Ultra Agents sets? Since they're way too small for any motors (if they are actually 1 stud bricks), maybe they have NFC chips?

So, let's see...

Definitely:
Series 12 CMF
Elrond set
Detective Agency
Frozen set
Elves treehouse (+tons of greenery off Bricklink to de-purple it)

Maybe:
Jasmine set (didn't see it here)
Pirate ship
More Elves stuff (if it doesn't get a stupid exchange rate)
Erebor and possibly BoFA

Ainaurdur

Why no Friends Elves battle packs man!?

My initial impression is that they are a group of peaceful elves who have managed to avoid conflict with other races.
I just noticed Azari likes to get magically... baked. Peaceful indeed. *wink* Ok, that was a terrible joke.

Anyway, they seem much closer to the elves of faery, pre-Tolkien.

Ironmask

LEGO-GAF Assemble!

An huge announcement in 4 days, what will it be?
(From Lego twitter account)
BxlSKkbIMAANAVy.jpg

Rootbeer

Banned
it's probably LEGO ideas...
Can't wait for them to approve my least favored set again!
Maybe if I'm snarky this time it'll go in my favor!

Experien

Really? Out of the entire set, Rocket is the worst to you? Just curious as why you dislike him so much.

Well there is nothing wrong with Rocket in the set. He was the part I was most looking forward too and then when I got it, I'm sort of like eh. Maybe I wish he was smaller but that's not possible.

Yeah that countdown just looks like a standard old-timey film countdown. Even the top right quarter of the white circle is missing, since that would sweep away, clockwise, as the numbers counted down. It also has the color test patterns in the top right and bottom left.

I wonder if there's any signifigance to them doing it that way or if they just thought it was a cool idea?

Rootbeer

Banned
Hey... if care bears can "fight" using their tummy symols, these elves can think of something. Never underestimate an elf.

Anyway guys, you may recall a while back I was dreaming about the potential of a LEGO Peanuts CMF line... with the film coming out in November 2015 i'm still crossing my fingers for something :)

Hell if LEGO passes it over I'll even accept a Megabloks line if they jump on it.

I like the Groot build too. Same size as the X-Men Sentinel for what it's worth.

Yeah that countdown just looks like a standard old-timey film countdown. Even the top right quarter of the white circle is missing, since that would sweep away, clockwise, as the numbers counted down. It also has the color test patterns in the top right and bottom left.

I wonder if there's any signifigance to them doing it that way or if they just thought it was a cool idea?

Which makes sense for a film noir set...

Guessing Detective Agency modular.
Which makes sense for a film noir set...

This is my line of thinking too.

When I hear "Detective Agency" there is absolutely nothing modern at all that comes to mind. Immediately I think of gumshoes, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, film noir, the 1930s, tall brownstone houses with shutter blinds and huge desks with high-backed chairs. In that respect, doing an old-fashioned film countdown to its reveal makes 10000% sense.

But maybe tomorrow the 3 will be something completely different. Or they'll stay on track and maybe the second quarter of the white circle will be gone.

I wonder what it could possibly look like? All I can think of are all the Nero Wolfe detective novels I've read. First floor would have a foyer, maybe a library, and a kitchen. Second floor would have an office and a bedroom (with Murphy Bed!). I don't really see it being more than two stories though. Maybe the stairs would run along the side of the foyer, so the second floor would have an open area and a chandelier hanging down? I can't describe this properly, I think I probably saw something like it in Sam & Max.

God what if they went full tilt and they did the set just in black, white, and shades of grey to make it look like it was right out of an old detective movie? I know it wouldn't "fit" with the other buildings that way but I'd probably shit my pants.

YhqftnPl.jpg

Finally build these last night. Love the Space series and Exo-Suit but I don't know if they go together. The Exo-suit was less fiddly than I expected after reading all the review. I was actually surprise how well it hold together considered all the little bits that go into making the thing. The set is like a giant part packs for small grey pieces. The build was also pretty interesting and it never cease to amaze me what you can do with LEGO pieces.

The white "classic" Spaceman is cool and a kind clerk at my local LEGO store gave me an extra set because we were discussing the terrible week I have and he wanted to make my day a little better. This is why we keep throwing our wallet at LEGO.

Couple of thing of note, when I was talking to him about LEGO, he said they are completely sold out of the Bat-tumbler and they already sold through several shipments.

When I hear "Detective Agency" there is absolutely nothing modern at all that comes to mind. Immediately I think of gumshoes, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, film noir, the 1930s, tall brownstone houses with shutter blinds and huge desks with high-backed chairs. In that respect, doing an old-fashioned film countdown to its reveal makes 10000% sense.

But maybe tomorrow the 3 will be something completely different. Or they'll stay on track and maybe the second quarter of the white circle will be gone.

I wonder what it could possibly look like? All I can think of are all the Nero Wolfe detective novels I've read. First floor would have a foyer, maybe a library, and a kitchen. Second floor would have an office and a bedroom (with Murphy Bed!). I don't really see it being more than two stories though. Maybe the stairs would run along the side of the foyer, so the second floor would have an open area and a chandelier hanging down? I can't describe this properly, I think I probably saw something like it in Sam & Max.

God what if they went full tilt and they did the set just in black, white, and shades of grey to make it look like it was right out of an old detective movie? I know it wouldn't "fit" with the other buildings that way but I'd probably shit my pants.

Exactly, although I would kind of hate a B/W building just since it would clash with the rest. I'd have to look up the parts and substitute everything.

Exactly, although I would kind of hate a B/W building just since it would clash with the rest. I'd have to look up the parts and substitute everything.
Yeah that's what I meant about fitting with the others, it would be really cool by itself but in the line up it would be awful.

I bet that within a few months of it coming out someone will MOC a black & white version. Most difficult part would be the Minifig heads, since I think only the Mime has a greyscale face?

wetwired

I just saw gotg on the weekend, I didn't really pay attention to the sets before that, I don't like the grey pieces on Groot, really ruins the entire look for me.

Yeah that's what I meant about fitting with the others, it would be really cool by itself but in the line up it would be awful.

I bet that within a few months of it coming out someone will MOC a black & white version. Most difficult part would be the Minifig heads, since I think only the Mime has a greyscale face?

Mime heads for all, then. Imagine the mime detective's inner monologue:

"when mime's the word, it's impossible to get anyone to talk. Still, I'll take this town apart brick by brick if that's what it takes to find some answers."

wetwired

I was thinking it was more a police station than private detective, like a police precinct. A corner building with stairs leading up to the entrance, globe lights on either side, brick facade, possibly art deco/20s influences.

At least that was what I wanted to make one day :)

Ravek

Banned
I was thinking it was more a police station than private detective, like a police precinct. A corner building with stairs leading up to the entrance, globe lights on either side, brick facade, possibly art deco/20s influences.

LEGO Noir: Law and Order: SVU

I want a Marishka Hargitay minifig.

This is what I anticipate it being, a police station to go with the fire station.

Which is a hugely unfair use of the name "detective agency" because they are wildly different things. That's a private eye, a wooden door with a glass window that has an eyeball painted on it. And historically, PIs and cops are usually at odds with each other, having to form uneasy alliances to get all the clues, the gumshoe trying to solve the case before the cops put the wrong person in jail (or the right person and take away their payday). Lego should know better!

I mean, I'll take either one, the classic police station you describe would no doubt be incredibly amazing. But having the set called "Detective Agency" sets certain expectations that I'm sure if it DOES wind up being police, I won't be able to help but be disappointed. Especially if it IS police and they use that name, because then what would they call an actual detective agency if they ever did one?

My life is in the balance here.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
LEGO-GAF Assemble!

An huge announcement in 4 days, what will it be?
(From Lego twitter account)
BxlSKkbIMAANAVy.jpg

http://brickset.com/article/12344/lego-to-unveil-something-special-this-friday said:
Update: Looks like Bricklover2013 in the comments found out that on LEGO's post on Google+ includes the same photo, but if you look at the URL to the image (right click > open image) you'll see "Bionicle-4-new.jpg". I think that more or less spoils the surprise, but I'll keep updating this post anyway each time we get a new teaser image.

Weh :(

Hey... if care bears can "fight" using their tummy symols, these elves can think of something. Never underestimate an elf.

Anyway guys, you may recall a while back I was dreaming about the potential of a LEGO Peanuts CMF line... with the film coming out in November 2015 i'm still crossing my fingers for something :)

Hell if LEGO passes it over I'll even accept a Megabloks line if they jump on it.

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/78487

1583130-o_190n2jhs01shv5gpjij1kv5al97-full.png

Top Bottom