• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Ravek

Banned
https://ideas.lego.com/projects/78487

1583130-o_190n2jhs01shv5gpjij1kv5al97-full.png

This set looks...not good. Sorry.

wetwired

This is what I anticipate it being, a police station to go with the fire station.

Which is a hugely unfair use of the name "detective agency" because they are wildly different things. That's a private eye, a wooden door with a glass window that has an eyeball painted on it. And historically, PIs and cops are usually at odds with each other, having to form uneasy alliances to get all the clues, the gumshoe trying to solve the case before the cops put the wrong person in jail (or the right person and take away their payday). Lego should know better!

I mean, I'll take either one, the classic police station you describe would no doubt be incredibly amazing. But having the set called "Detective Agency" sets certain expectations that I'm sure if it DOES wind up being police, I won't be able to help but be disappointed. Especially if it IS police and they use that name, because then what would they call an actual detective agency if they ever did one?

My life is in the balance here.

I'm not 100% but I think the name "detective agency" was translated from another language so it could be getting misconstrued

ghostmind

Interesting if that reveal this week is Bionicle, as it was assumed that would be the new theme reveal at NYCC that LEGO has been hyping. I wonder what they will be showing at NYCC then?

Ravek

Banned
Interesting if that reveal this week is Bionicle, as it was assumed that would be the new theme reveal at NYCC that LEGO has been hyping. I wonder what they will be showing at NYCC then?

I think made LEGO made a solid move when going back to Bionicle. Just look at the Bioncle "announcement" thread in OT. Bionicle was a good gateway drug into "normal" LEGO. Im not sure if the same can be said for Hero Factory.

I think made LEGO made a solid move when going back to Bionicle. Just look at the Bioncle "announcement" thread in OT. Bionicle was a good gateway drug into "normal" LEGO. Im not sure if the same can be said for Hero Factory.

My only exposure is through random pieces in garage sale pickups. What is the difference?

Hahahaha what in the hell. What the hell!!! Why on EARTH would you name the god forsaken file the thing you're going to reveal!?! Hahahahaha WOW that is a seriously rookie blunder.

I'm not 100% but I think the name "detective agency" was translated from another language so it could be getting misconstrued

That's been my feeling as well, it's gotta be a loose translation and it'll be a police station. To hope for anything else will probably just lead to heartbreak.

Of course, if it IS a police station, then I'm gonna feel weird as heck not having that fire station to go along with it...

:(

So I'm going to do the Bionicle 2015 OT. If anyone here wants to help contribute, let me know! We're planning on doing a section that showcases some awesome Neogaf Bionicle MOC's to highlight how flexible the brand can be, so if you want your MOC to be in the thread post em', and if you feel like it give it a title too.

So I'm going to do the Bionicle 2015 OT. If anyone here wants to help contribute, let me know! We're planning on doing a section that showcases some awesome Neogaf Bionicle MOC's to highlight how flexible the brand can be, so if you want your MOC to be in the thread post em', and if you feel like it give it a title too.

Too busy to do so but I'm fully backing it. I have a massive Bionicle collection to prove it as well. It's the largest Lego theme I own.

neonglow

Needs CMF heads like "The Simpsons" for starters, that's why I prefer LEGO doing it to an Idea set.

Thank goodness for imgur's "download all" feature, i snagged them that huge gallery from the other day.

I did the same. I think this is the second year in a row that we've gotten these this early.

Zerojul

Been on vacation and out of the loop for a while, it seems 2015 is gonna be pretty expensive. The selection of minifigs in the DC sets in particular look amazing.
Not feeling the SW selection so far, but the MF are awesome and some of the Rebels sets might grow on me.
A tad disappointed in the Pirates line, the smaller sets look meh to me, and the ship looks a little small. Glad I got the Seacow for my "huge ship" needs :)
And of course, I just can't wait to see the first visuals for the next modular :)

Does anybody else note that most of these sets are pretty small? I thought Lego were overdoing it with Ninjago city, Chima phoenix and mammoth, Friends mall, Ultra Agents trailer, etc, not to mention two major SW sets. Basically one or two $99+ sets in every line.

Nothing so far in these leaks seem to be 1000+ pieces. Is it because they're releasing after Christmas?

Compare toy shop to bike shop, Ariel's castle to Cinderella's, the pirate line to Castle, all the Chima, Ninjago and UA stuff to the current lineup.

neonglow

Does anybody else note that most of these sets are pretty small? I thought Lego were overdoing it with Ninjago city, Chima phoenix and mammoth, Friends mall, Ultra Agents trailer, etc, not to mention two major SW sets. Basically one or two $99+ sets in every line.

Nothing so far in these leaks seem to be 1000+ pieces. Is it because they're releasing after Christmas?

Compare toy shop to bike shop, Ariel's castle to Cinderella's, the pirate line to Castle, all the Chima, Ninjago and UA stuff to the current lineup.

That's on purpose. Those big sets you mentioned all came out second half of this year.

If you exclude the exclusive D2C stuff, it's smaller sets for first half of year and bigger sets for second half.

Parents are much likely to spend big for Christmas. Easter is probably the biggest holiday for first half but not many people spend a lot on toys.

Chuckie

That thing is interesting and cool and all, but IMO it honestly looks absolutely nothing like a Lego toy. Like if it wasn't for the feet and mmaaaaybe the hands, I would never in a million years guess that was supposed to mingle with other Lego minifigs and bigfigs.

They went... to far.

Yeah I agree with you. It's LEGO that went a bit to far though... that thing looks pretty much the same (although not exactly) like the one from the videogame

Rootbeer

Banned
That thing is interesting and cool and all, but IMO it honestly looks absolutely nothing like a Lego toy. Like if it wasn't for the feet and mmaaaaybe the hands, I would never in a million years guess that was supposed to mingle with other Lego minifigs and bigfigs.

They went... to far.

Well you can blame TT games I guess, cause it is a very close resemblance to the one they collaborated with LEGO on adding to the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2xr_mhLe6E

I think it's pretty clear why LEGO did not release their own toy version though: they are going to release an Age of Ultron Hulkbuster instead :D

Rootbeer

Banned
Mega Bloks Assassins Creed stuff on pre-order. Here is the pirate ship for those of you itching for pirate stuff. I think it looks rad.

81wDPdK0oKL._SL1500_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MY3T30O/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I'm going to buy this Glider one cause why not?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MY3SRDS/?tag=neogaf0e-20

These custom minifigs are great.
The names are awesome too. xD

I like those a lot. But those prices... wow. :(

The Ash one might be worth buying though. Looks great and has lots of accessories.

Fireblend

Banned
So, I don't usually post here, but this just arrived:

And I'm so damn excited about building it I had to share it! I also have a Toy Story set (Woody and Buzz and the RC car) and a Star Wars one sitting on top of my desk at work, so this is going to be a great addition to continue with the vehicles-from-movies theme :p I know it's not even worth calling a collection, but they're gonna look neat together I think, I'll post a pic tomorrow if I'm not too intimidated. It'd been on my wishlist for a long time, but being in Costa Rica paying import taxes would have made it like 2x more expensive if I ordered it normally so I had to wait til a friend came back from the states and could bring it to me.

This set is even more special because I get to thank the GAFer who made it possible :) Thank you wetwired! I'd totally have it signed if I could :p

Rootbeer

Banned
I have searched everywhere ... and I can not find the building direction for combining 2 cantinas to make a bigger one.
Well there are MOCs on eurobricks.com and elsewhere... I don't recall seeing actual directions. Besides, who needs directions! Not you, sir. You are a MASTER BUILDER!

Well, I'm off to hunt for CMFs! None at Walgreens. Now for TRU.

My Haunted House is finally preparing to ship after being back ordered. So glad I ordered it for the Classic Space minifig promo.

And, wow, the HH is now officially "sold out" on the NA S@H website.

My Haunted House is finally preparing to ship after being back ordered. So glad I ordered it for the Classic Space minifig promo.

And, wow, the HH is now officially "sold out" on the NA S@H website.

*Pours out a 40 for the best set of the last few years finally dying.* Sniff.

Enjoy it. It is truly magnificent. And it is sad we will probably never get more horror stuff like it again.

ghostmind

Enjoy it. It is truly magnificent. And it is sad we will probably never get more horror stuff like it again.

End of an era. Monster Fighters was the best new theme since I emerged from my Dark Age, and the Haunted House as the unexpected star of that series.

If you don't have it, and have the slightest interest, then get it now if you see it for MSRP. Amazon already has it for $100 over, and its already gone from Target online.

The couch is the same colour as the bottom of the box ;).

I was thinking of the skewed perspective of the box. The lines don't match up.

6885086269_2d7a23e582.jpg

What it should look like.

Was it a printing error on the box or something? Because the two boxes in the corner showing the model are in one perspective while the rest of the box is in another.

Was it a printing error on the box or something? Because the two boxes in the corner showing the model are in one perspective while the rest of the box is in another.

Actually, its not. It looks that way because like he said the couch is the same color as the bottom of the box. The lines do match up, this is the actual line:

4Nyg05Z.png

Actually, its not. It looks that way because like he said the couch is the same color as the bottom of the box. The lines do match up, this is the actual line:

4Nyg05Z.png

Now look at the top of the box and the lines under the piece count. It should all be parallel with the bottom, but it isnt. It might just be an anomaly from the lens on the camera phone or something. I am looking into it too much, but the lines being off just stands out.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member

Everything matches up afaik, it's just a pic taken from a slightly downwards perspective.

Now look at the top of the box and the lines under the piece count. It should all be parallel with the bottom, but it isnt. It might just be an anomaly from the lens on the camera phone or something. I am looking into it too much, but the lines being off just stands out.

That's how perspective works. Lines aren't parallel in a 3D space. One of the first things you learn about when drawing in perspective. Its just taken from a downwards angle.

Look at this upwards angle picture of a building and note how it has the same type of thing going on.

End of an era. Monster Fighters was the best new theme since I emerged from my Dark Age, and the Haunted House as the unexpected star of that series.

If you don't have it, and have the slightest interest, then get it now if you see it for MSRP. Amazon already has it for $100 over, and its already gone from Target online.

You're both right, Monster Fighters was an amazing theme. Hind sight is always 20/20, I wish I had bought more of theme than just the HH, Vamprye's Hearse and Werewolf Attacks. Still kicking myself for not picking up The Zombies when I saw in the Santa Clara LEGO store two years ago.

Rootbeer

Banned
Now that I own HH the only monster fighters sets I don't own are mad scientist, Ghost train and vampyre castle. The castle would be nice, but I'll survive.

I do need to bricklink The Monster though. The CMF version doesn't look as good.

And whew! Boy did we snag HH just in time now that it may be sold out for good!

Now that I own HH the only monster fighters sets I don't own are mad scientist, Ghost train and vampyre castle. The castle would be nice, but I'll survive.

I do need to bricklink The Monster though. The CMF version doesn't look as good.

And whew! Boy did we snag HH just in time now that it may be sold out for good!

Haunted House comes with a grey version of The Monster, so you will have that one at least.

Wanted the Haunted House but could never swing it for that price...alas. Probably for the better, I'm very notorious for putting those huge sets together once and then never ever again.

Top Bottom