• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

rallaren

So I have started on the last set of my latest purschases.

JgqrBfu.jpg

This took a few hours.. I sorted in colors but damn I don't think I can do the unnumbered bag sets anymore.

I still don't own a modular (or HH) and they all look interesting.

Thank you, it wasn't just me. LOL.

But enjoy the set. It will tower over all the other modulars. It is impressive just how huge it is when done.

It kinda won't since it doesn't fit up there, but I'll put it to good use. I will build it properly and take comparison pictures since noone else seems to have them.

Now that I own HH the only monster fighters sets I don't own are mad scientist, Ghost train and vampyre castle. The castle would be nice, but I'll survive.

I do need to bricklink The Monster though. The CMF version doesn't look as good.

And whew! Boy did we snag HH just in time now that it may be sold out for good!
Words cannot express the regret my girlfriend and i feel at possibly having missed out on haunted. house forever

Well you can blame TT games I guess, cause it is a very close resemblance to the one they collaborated with LEGO on adding to the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2xr_mhLe6E

I think it's pretty clear why LEGO did not release their own toy version though: they are going to release an Age of Ultron Hulkbuster instead :D

Yeah I agree with you. It's LEGO that went a bit to far though... that thing looks pretty much the same (although not exactly) like the one from the videogame

Oh yikes, I had no idea, I'm still not very far into the game yet.

Egh.

Really really hope the one they do for Age of Ultron looks better.

Ponn

Banned
PSA i received a Gamestop email yesterday advertising preorder Lego Batman 3 for free Plastic Man fig. It's not actually advertised on their website yet under the games but it was in the email. For U.S. folks wondering.

Rootbeer

Banned
PSA i received a Gamestop email yesterday advertising preorder Lego Batman 3 for free Plastic Man fig. It's not actually advertised on their website yet under the games but it was in the email. For U.S. folks wondering.

Finally... had my copy pre-ordered at my local GS for a long time but was beginning to wonder when they'd officially announce the promo.

Happened to stop by at the Glendale Lego store and they actually had the blue 4x4 crawler! I of course bought it but I wasn't expecting that to be there. They also had a haunted house but today the technic won.

Happened to stop by at the Glendale Lego store and they actually had the blue 4x4 crawler! I of course bought it but I wasn't expecting that to be there. They also had a haunted house but today the technic won.

I call bullshit. haha

Very nice score!! I haven't seen that set in the store for a long time now. You got very lucky. Maybe a clueless employee found it hidden in the back room and put it out. Either way, lucky you!

Hey that's my store!!

I'm surprised we had a Haunted House to put out, I was told we sold the very last one some time last week. Maybe some sap returned it?

I call bullshit. haha

Very nice score!! I haven't seen that set in the store for a long time now. You got very lucky. Maybe a clueless employee found it hidden in the back room and put it out. Either way, lucky you!

376C2FD3-4E70-498B-B038-6121A86A3C86_zpsdf1fmywg.jpg

I told the guy working the counter I was surprised to see it and he said he wasn't sure where they came from (cause there were 2 of them available) but yeah, i'm glad I don't have to pay the aftermarket price for it. Just gotta run to grab batteries.

Hey that's my store!!

I'm surprised we had a Haunted House to put out, I was told we sold the very last one some time last week. Maybe some sap returned it?
I thought somebody in the thread worked there. I'll be sure to give your store high marks when I do that survey. And yeah the HH was behind the counter well in plain sight.

So it turns out we had ~*three*~ of the 4x4 Crawler LE's. Not hidden in the back, they were part of the ... situation that happened back in July. Now there's just one left. I had no idea what the story was with it, looked it up online and wow does it fetch a pretty penny. Makes me want to snag the last one but I'd never build it, it'd go straight into storage for a rainy day when I no longer work for Lego. I'd much rather it go to someone that would actually build and display and enjoy it, so hopefully it does and some reseller fuck doesn't grab it first.

Ha. I just then sold my 41999 :D, but also :C

450AUD was the agreed upon price, which is actually a super good deal, considering there are others going for 600. I've got some good karma coming my way, yo (I'm also a massive sucker for a quick sale).

Santa's workshop is available for preorder. It says it will ship by October 1, though.
That's strange... VIPs are supposed to be able to get it right now. We just put the display up for tomorrow, even.

Speaking of, I got to put the display out and oh. My. Gosh. It is ADORABLE.

Oh and I totally used the extra 1x trans red circle on the 5th reindeer, hwehehehe.

wetwired

After some messing around with the right type of pens to colour the hair and suit I think I'm done with my custom Batman Begins Ras Al Ghul

rasalghul.jpg

That's strange... VIPs are supposed to be able to get it right now. We just put the display up for tomorrow, even.

Oh and I totally used the extra 1x trans red circle on the 5th reindeer, hwehehehe.

My order status updated and it looks like it is now preparing for shipment. Must have just been a temporary date. I'm totally going to make a Rudolph on my set too!

Rootbeer

Banned
My order status updated and it looks like it is now preparing for shipment. Must have just been a temporary date. I'm totally going to make a Rudolph on my set too!

Grats. any reason why you are not waiting for Oct 1st where you'd not only get double VIP points but also a free companion set?

It's the only reason I'm holding off :) It looks fantastic.

Also thought you guys might want to know about...

Mixels building competition!

http://brickset.com/article/12373/mixels-series-3-building-competition

This contest is for builds from Mixels Series 3 ONLY!

Better not let corporate find out. O_O

After some messing around with the right type of pens to colour the hair and suit I think I'm done with my custom Batman Begins Ras Al Ghul

rasalghul.jpg

Nice. I forget, what do you use for the torso? Is it water slide paper? Or was that a standard print and you just painted the purple part?

Looks great! Would spend a hundred to get him. Maybe.

Looks like someone is trying to bargain. It's to Wetwired to counter-offer now. :)

Grats. any reason why you are not waiting for Oct 1st where you'd not only get double VIP points but also a free companion set?

It's the only reason I'm holding off :) It looks fantastic.

Also thought you guys might want to know about...

Mixels building competition!

http://brickset.com/article/12373/mixels-series-3-building-competition

This contest is for builds from Mixels Series 3 ONLY!

I've got a lot of video game purchases in October and I wanted to spread out my spending. I also spent enough to get the free classic space figurine on the order this month. Plus, I'll also be out of town a lot in October and I both wouldn't know where to ship it and wouldn't have much time to put it together then.

Made Gipsy Danger in LDD. Gonna briclink the parts, hopefully it fits together well in real life (Its kind of hard to tell when, ya' know, you don't have physics in LDD)

The sides of the head will be flat in the real one, I plan on using an illegal connection that doesn't register on LDD.

ZXyrjM3.png

R-User!

Nice. I forget, what do you use for the torso? Is it water slide paper? Or was that a standard print and you just painted the purple part?

Looks like someone is trying to bargain. It's to Wetwired to counter-offer now. :)

I meant it like if I had to spend a hundred in store on a set I would... For JUST THAT FIG?.... Nah

Rootbeer

Banned
Some guy on 4chan (yeah, I know) posted pics of Santa's Workshop and a ton of Series 12 minifigs, claiming he got the minifigs at the LEGO store today.

Checked with mine, they're holding strong with the Oct 1st date. YMMV!

Picked up 5 series 12 cmf at Walgreens. Got princess, jester, lifeguard, lego Montoya, and warrior woman.

After this round if golf I'm hunting for the rest.

Been away for a while while destiny consumed all my free time. My double vip point splurge should bring me back in as well haha.

Has anyone saved the pictures of next year's sets? The link isn't working any longer.

Also, I don't see why anyone would want to pick up the Santa's workshop early when there is double points and the freebie as well next month. Actually has it been confirmed that it's coming to Europe as well as the US?

Rootbeer

Banned
Anyone spot boxes of series 12 for sale yet?

No... clearly some are though because there are people on youtube showing off their full boxes.

I don't have experience buying full cases... though I probably would if I could find a retailer that could guarantee it on or near the official release day (Oct 1st in this case). it would not be hard to sell/trade the extras or find someone to split it with.

There are some ebay sellers that will sell you a case of 60 as a pre-order for 199.99 including free shipping, but it won't ship out until Mid-Oct meaning you won't get it till late Oct probably.

ghostmind

Missed the advent calendar last year as it went so quickly so not making that mistake again.

I was going for at least 2 of the gamer fig but must have lost count. Opps.

I was sure I got Emo girl but for the life of me could not find a rock chick.

You've almost got enough for a LAN party now!

Ahh, it warms the heart to see new "regular" CMFs in the wild again.

wetwired

The Torso is standard (I think it's lex luthors?) I bought some Copic pens which I used for the purple, though I had to manually smudge it afterwards as it was leaving dark/light patches.

The hair is painted with some paint based pens which are their own challenge, the paint tends to settle in the crevasses of the hair leaving the raised areas unpainted so it needs a lot of coats to cover it. The face is Aragorns with the stubble rubbed off, I put sticky tape over the areas I wanted to keep and used an eraser to rub off the stubble.

Thanks but that link doesn't seem to work as the 'wrong sites keep popping up'

Sorry to hear that. This will wet your appetite for Super Hero stuff in the meantime. Just need Black Canary and Atom to make an official LEGO version of this.

7503546668_8d182b538a_b.jpg

Lego Justice League of America (original 11) by Bryant., on Flickr

I love the trophy used to make Atom.

7627276928_a1d781f354_n.jpg

The Atom Picofig by levork, on Flickr

LEGO, why no cartoon version Teen Titans? This is a cool 80's custom job.

4509401065_5b00c656e2_z.jpg

DC Hero Minifigs - Wave 10: Teen Titans by levork, on Flickr

Top Bottom