• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Hallo...my name is Alego Montoya...you killed Monster Fighters...Prepare to die.
VC2mCeZ.jpg

Bunch of enablers in this thread.

"Oh look, you can get another Spaceman and mini-camper van if you order TODAY"

ZljXtKl.jpg

The last couple of months has been bad.

kmW703J.jpg

I think I'm 400 deep in the last 20 days.

Y'all need Jesus.

That's a fine line all right - when is a droid a minifigure, and when is it not? Technically, no droids should be minifigures, unless they adhere to the standard created be LEGO.

I agree, but given the popularity of the SW droids (Astromechs are excluded from my argument...for some reason) I've given them a mental pass. In my mind, it's disingenuous to present a brick-built character as a "minifigure".

ZljXtKl.jpg

kmW703J.jpg

Y'all need Jesus.

Hah. My bad. My rationale was that the mini VW is going for $50 on eBay.

Love the display.

kmW703J.jpg

Y'all need Jesus.

First off, I need the AT-AT. Damn, it looks sexy.

Second, the UCS B-Wing is a sexy beast too.

Third, is that Y-Wing stand attached through the holes on the side of the ship like mine was the other year?

cassidyarch

Neo Member
That SW shelving display is gorgeous.

Totally random thought. LEGO did the generic "Castle" theme, soon to be followed up by the generic "Pirates" theme. What if next up is a generic "Space" theme. No Galaxy Squad, no Space Police, no factions, just generic "Space" with classic spacemen.

I didn't like the generic Castle line (except for the dragon set), and I'm not over the moon about the new Pirates line (although I do want an army of bluecoats). But I'd go bananas for generic "Space".

The classic lines were Town, Castle, Pirates, Space. According to the Brickset database, named themes (like Aquazone) didn't start showing up until around 1995. All through the 80s and early 90s, it was Town, Space, Pirates, Castle. What if those generic Castle and Pirates lines are already throwback nods to those early themed sets?

Generic "Space", I want it.

I really like that shelving. What kind is it, and from where?

Thanks! Basic Ikea shelves, randomly added to as I get more sets. No idea what they're called, but I suspect an umlaut may be involved. Thus far my wife has yet to realize that the volume of sets has increased (2 years and counting). This month`s play has been to box up all of the minifigures and focus on set displays, thereby reducing the clutter and convincing her that there's simply far fewer LEGO sets in the office.

Hah. My bad. My rationale was that the mini VW is going for $50 on eBay.

$50!?
...are you serious? For real?

This will be my fourth mini Camper and haven't opened any yet. I figured they went for $10-$12 at this point.

Does he come as a minifig or ultra build? Ill take one regardless.

Did you miss out on the super limited run of Jesus resurrection sets? They go for a lot these days. The flick-fire boulder-move feature seemed gimicky at first but the kids just love it. I wish Mary Magdalene didn't glow in the dark though...seems out of place.

First off, I need the AT-AT. Damn, it looks sexy.

Second, the UCS B-Wing is a sexy beast too.

Third, is that Y-Wing stand attached through the holes on the side of the ship like mine was the other year?

I really, really like the At At. I think the scale of the new set is perfect as it can be posed in so many viable positions.

I know I've said it before, but the UCS B-Wing is still my favorite SW build yet. None of my other SW sets come close. The Malevolence may be a distant second.

My Y-Wing stand is a roadmap of horrors. I have zero creativity, but no it doesn't attach in any way. I used some random Technic beams to rest the set on an angle....if I was more enterprising I would totally redesign it.

yWMWoLV.jpg

ZljXtKl.jpg

kmW703J.jpg

Y'all need Jesus.

Love the Star Wars display. Can you show us a close up of the stand you've built for the ISD? I need to do that.

wetwired

So these sets are on offer at half price at a store near me, I've never gotten any galaxy squad sets, anyone got any opinions on them?

70706.jpg

70702.jpg

70703.jpg

Does he come as a minifig or ultra build? Ill take one regardless.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0067LZHAE/?tag=neogaf0e-20

So these sets are on offer at half price at a store near me, I've never gotten any galaxy squad sets, anyone got any opinions on them?

I really liked the spacemen minifigs for the theme and aliens were decent.

70706 Crater Creeper
My kids liked playing with this one. Some nice parts in trans red and dark red, but I have no idea what to do with the other parts.

70702 Warp Stinger
It looks nice, but it's not swooshable and tail doesn't have any articulation.

70703 Star Slicer
This may be the only set I don't have. I might have it in my backlog, but I don't know. O_O

The other sets of this theme are much better ones. I really liked the Mech.
I'd pass on these if the minifigs and bugs don't call to you. The fact you have to ask when it's 50% off kinda says you won't lose any sleep missing out on them or see a lot of reusable parts you would use.

Trojan Basket by Bent Bricks, on Flickr

ghostmind

70706.jpg

70702.jpg

70703.jpg

Those are probably the three weakest sets of the Galaxy Squad theme. Of the three, I would say that the 70706 Crater Creeper is the best.

Zerojul

Thanks but that link doesn't seem to work as the 'wrong sites keep popping up'

Strange, it's still working for me atm. Sorry about that :(
PM me a mail adress and I'll send you the archive if you're still interessed.

On a side note, the double VIP points for October and the 40106 Elves's workshop have been confirmed for Europe (well, France anyway) so yeah.

Elves's workshop will be available from October 15th to 31st for the usual 55€ and more.

After what felt like an eternity I finished my 4x4 crawler earlier today and took it for a test drive through my house. But man are my fingers sore from pushing all those pins and axels though the spots. I'm not sure if I wanna slap on the stickers but overall I really feel like I got my money's worth.

70706.jpg

70702.jpg

70703.jpg

I don't own the middle one just yet but I have the top and bottom ones. The top one is great. It's a good army set, I wanted to get at least two of them before my store sold out but, I missed out.

Bottom one, Star Slicer, is both awesome and not awesome. It's REALLY big, and it's the only set to come with that little red bug minifigure. However, it's REALLY big, and it's not very easy to play with.. I was also disappointed to find that it rests on its stomach, not on its legs.

However... that didn't stop me from buying three of them when for some mixed up reason Lego sent us a case after retiring them and they rang up for $10 ($5) each.

Ryuuroden

I don't own the middle one just yet but I have the top and bottom ones. The top one is great. It's a good army set, I wanted to get at least two of them before my store sold out but, I missed out.

Bottom one, Star Slicer, is both awesome and not awesome. It's REALLY big, and it's the only set to come with that little red bug minifigure. However, it's REALLY big, and it's not very easy to play with.. I was also disappointed to find that it rests on its stomach, not on its legs.

However... that didn't stop me from buying three of them when for some mixed up reason Lego sent us a case after retiring them and they rang up for $10 ($5) each.

Shit, I thought I bought a lot but it feels like you are making up for lost time even worse than me. You must have a few hundred sets already. How many in the last year?

Rootbeer

Banned
Anyone with The Ghost submit a parts request for the Kanan Jarrus head & hair piece with correct colors (brown instead of black)?

I wonder if LEGO will replace these in the same manner they would replace a missing piece? I guess I'll find out.

wetwired

I'm still awaiting some parts in the right colour to finish it off properly but I pieced together that Tumbler I found on LEGO Ideas last week. Here it is next to my old design, it's much bigger but it's far more accurate to the film and fits 2 minifigs. I think it's time to retire my old bad boy for the new successor, it had a good run, 6 years since I made it and it was the first thing I made coming out of my dark age but this new design really kicks it's arse and will look great in the batcave when it's complete :)

newtumbler_01.jpg

newtumbler_02.jpg

Rootbeer

Banned
Definitely looks like an improvement wet. And I really prefer something more like this that is closer to minifigure scale than the enormous UCS Tumbler we got. It's fantastic but, what can I say... I like minifig scale stuff more :p

ZljXtKl.jpg

kmW703J.jpg

Y'all need Jesus.

Can you show more pictures of your lego wall setup? I am digging those shelves... do they come in white? Where did you get them from?

So my Mother in law ordered the VW camper van from the Lego online store. Can anyone confirm if in deed you do get a spaceman, chima fire bike and the mini VW camper van with the purchase. I don't get to open it until Christmas. Thanks!

So my Mother in law ordered the VW camper van from the Lego online store. Can anyone confirm if in deed you do get a spaceman, chima fire bike and the mini VW camper van with the purchase. I don't get to open it until Christmas. Thanks!

If you check the post above yours you'll see that my invoice does at least indicate that all three are included. Hopefully they'll really be in the box.

rallaren

I'm still awaiting some parts in the right colour to finish it off properly but I pieced together that Tumbler I found on LEGO Ideas last week. Here it is next to my old design, it's much bigger but it's far more accurate to the film and fits 2 minifigs. I think it's time to retire my old bad boy for the new successor, it had a good run, 6 years since I made it and it was the first thing I made coming out of my dark age but this new design really kicks it's arse and will look great in the batcave when it's complete :)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2610740/Lego/newtumbler_01.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2610740/Lego/newtumbler_02.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
What about set 7888? I haven't really noticed it until recently but it looks fairly decent.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/2dIkjIy.jpg

Hey PalaceBrother, awesome setup! Looks great when each set has its own shelf.

On a side note, does anyone here have the new AT-AT and the motorized AT-AT? I would love to see a comparison shot of the two next to each other. I had the motorized one but sold it about a year ago...been kind of regretting it. Wanted to see if the new one is bigger or not.

Hey PalaceBrother, awesome setup! Looks great when each set has its own shelf.

On a side note, does anyone here have the new AT-AT and the motorized AT-AT? I would love to see a comparison shot of the two next to each other. I had the motorized one but sold it about a year ago...been kind of regretting it. Wanted to see if the new one is bigger or not.

From Brickset's review of the set.

onnEv2T.jpg

CgdmNld.jpg

In chronological order. The newest version being all the way on the right.

newtumbler_01.jpg

newtumbler_02.jpg

Have you looked at the tumbler that came with LEGO 7888? I thought that was minifig scale.

Oh, didn't see someone posted it already; the reason I thought about it was because I just bricklinked all the parts for it.

*drool*

Sooooo many Super Hero minifigs that LEGO can still make. Not only that, but there are costume variations.

I love that Squirrel Girl is in the picture.

Thanos with extra hand which looks like Infinite Gauntlet please!

Iceman minifig so I can make him and Elsa minidoll make out.

I love seeing which minor characters TLG chooses to include in their $25 sets. I guess Decool will have to fill the rest in....

Krilekk

Banned

Depends on your country. In Europe you get nothing at all this month.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Sometimes I wonder why LEGO doesn't just make Sentinel/Galactus alarm clocks so we can have a HUGE FIGURE.

Rootbeer

Banned
CMF series 12 at Walgreens today!

And of course... They marked them up to 4.49. Ugh!

This seems more common with each passing series where I live.

North America. The reason I ask is because I thought the VW mini van promo was only when the VW van first came out (sorta like the mini cooper mini promo)

I think the promo actually happened well after the Camper's release

Edit: Yep. The promo showed up last September, but the actual camper set is from September 2011.

Top Bottom