• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Caladrius

Looking at the masks they seem super faithful while also spicing it up. Put them side by side for comparison and you'll see how similar the masks are with a few additions. Gali is the only odd one in terms of masks.

But yeah, the spider sucks, but I'll probably get it anyway knowing me.

The masks are satisfactory, and Lewa's is a lot more digestible to me now that I realized it's based off of his Phantoka version. The weapons not looking much of anything like their old ones and in particular the overabundance of silver (especially since there's already gold on nearly all the sets) are what are bugging me.

That said Tahu, Kopaka and Pohatu got some great weapons, and the former two's weapons do feel like they're faithful to the originals.

Not sure this thread has a few weeks left in it.

It took 2 days to get 100 posts in the last page. Barring any huge announcements, I think we have about 2 weeks or so to go.

I will cook something up, but may be late if I can't get internet hooked up in time.

Did we end up deciding on a name? There was one really good one that I can't remember now and can't be bothered going back a few pages.

I am still pulling for "Everything is Awesome!"

ghostmind

It took 2 days to get 100 posts in the last page. Barring any huge announcements, I think we have about 2 weeks or so to go.

I will cook something up, but may be late if I can't get internet hooked up in time.

I am still pulling for "Everything is Awesome!"

I think that is the one to go with. It captures the current moment in LEGO history on multiple levels.

rallaren

Finished this years Imperial Star Destroyer and took some pics:

yj9NMc5.jpg

qNh75b6.jpg

uzDOFfO.jpg

A bit smaller than I anticipated. The point was to have one so this is the one I chose and I like the look of it.

Rootbeer

Banned
any theories on how j2g is getting these images? is he guessing at the filenames/urls on some webserver somewhere till he hits gold?

He has pictures of the star wars sets too. Apparently, Tusken Raider has a "hilarious" new head mold and there's a new mold for the hair on "blue hair girl" and he must be talking about Sabine.

So expect something along these lines:

SabineWren.png

More tidbits: he thinks Green Arrow has Wyldstyle's "hood down" collar piece in green (awesome!)

ghostmind

any theories on how j2g is getting these images? is he guessing at the filenames/urls on some webserver somewhere till he hits gold?

That's what I figure - he's discovered a vulnerability somewhere and isn't sharing it. I'm disappointed by the way in which he is trickling out these images for self-promotion - that's not how I do it, but to each their own I guess.

Hopefully he publishes the rest of them before LEGO gets to him (not sure what they could do at this point though).

Rootbeer

Banned
it is somewhat irritating because he makes a youtube video first (containing the images) to get hits before publishing the actual images. Or at least that's what i'm seeing based on his post history...

But if it really bothers someone, someone with more time and cleverness than me, then they can find the images themselves and post them first to one-up him. Could make for some entertaining rivalry!

He's a better reviewer than The Brick Show though so I'm just thankful it's not them at the helm :) (they just revised their review format and it STILL feels very devoid of any interesting commentary)

Ponn

Banned

They aren't as well decorated as in pics of course, or maybe it was just the ride home in a box. Anyways ENJOY GHOSTBUSTERS!

"If someone asks you if you want a donut you say YES!"

it is somewhat irritating because he makes a youtube video first (containing the images) to get hits before publishing the actual images. Or at least that's what i'm seeing based on his post history...

But if it really bothers someone, someone with more time and cleverness than me, then they can find the images themselves and post them first to one-up him. Could make for some entertaining rivalry!

He's a better reviewer than The Brick Show though so I'm just thankful it's not them at the helm :) (they just revised their review format and it STILL feels very devoid of any interesting commentary)

I think with Brickshow their target audience has always been the younger crowd, probably influenced alot by their own kids. That may be why they don't into much commentary or deep discussion. I kind of enjoy hopping between Brickshow and Jang, Brickshow usually gets their stuff up quicker.

Rootbeer

Banned
I want some ghostbusters donuts too... if only I still lived right next to a KK. Those were the days. I miss their coffee, too. It was by no means the best, but it had a certain distinct flavor to it that I can still remember.

I kind of enjoyed the Erebor review, but it's still a bit rambling and some unnecessary spoilers (for the intended younger crowd). Still lots of "this is a good value because" and not "I love this set because" like with Jang. Only problem with Jang is that he loves pretty much everything.

Rootbeer

Banned
It WAS an improvement, I do hand it to them. But they are really overdoing it with the layover effects and gimmicks, they need to done that down.

rallaren

I kind of enjoyed the Erebor review, but it's still a bit rambling and some unnecessary spoilers (for the intended younger crowd). Still lots of "this is a good value because" and not "I love this set because" like with Jang. Only problem with Jang is that he loves pretty much everything.
The Smaug set?

I thought it was going to contain a light brick... Maybe I've mixed it up with another set.

Ponn

Banned
I want some ghostbusters donuts too... if only I still lived right next to a KK. Those were the days. I miss their coffee, too. It was by no means the best, but it had a certain distinct flavor to it that I can still remember.

They are charging extra for them, it was like 10.99 for a dozen when just a regular dozen is 8.99. They do have extra decorations like candy bits for the hat and ghostbuster logo though so I guess its fair. I also got a free cup of coffee for national coffee day.

They are actually pretty good, super sweet with the marshmallow filling. It works with the stay puft donut but I kind of wish they had made the filling green with the ghostbuster logo one to be different but whatever.

I kind of liked when Brickshow did the multiple scoring based on age because that would usually cover the whole value vs. fun debate. That price really brought down Erebor for Brickshow though because I could tell he actually really liked that set and the dragon. And its a shame because the review had my opinion all turned around and excited for it but when he put into perspective and said you are paying $50 for just the dragon reality sets in. I want it, but i'm not quite sure about day one or month one. The way the Hobbit sets have been tanking in prices I think its best to hold off at least a couple months unless someone has a killer Black Friday deal on it.

EDIT: Watched the DC sets video. I have a bad feeling about the Darkseid set. That Javelin looks really meh but is pushing the piece count above 500 with a big fig. It's going to be an expensive fig pack. They are also using new 52 Green Arrow which is not my fav. I have my knock off GA I can use the hood and maybe swap faces with. That Black Manta set also is going to be pricey just to get Black Manta. They really should have had another new fig like Aqua Lad or Mera to entice people to buy that set. i don't want scuba Robin. Finally that Gorilla Grodd set is golden and if priced right will probably be a popular set, besides the pure awesomness of that Brainiac set (need pics!). The Grodd big figs is awesome, Captain Cold, Freaking Bat-Mech! The invisible jet is still pretty lame.

This is just me but i feel they should have put Green Arrow in the Grodd set with maybe a silly little Javelin or Arrow Jet. Then they could have put Wonder Woman in the Darkseid set with a full fledged bigger Invisible Jet that would warrant the price.

Rootbeer

Banned
Nice figs. Wish they would innovate on the big figs more. More variation in how they are posed maybe. Sometimes, like with the most recent Jabba, they really translate it well. Others feel phoned in like they just took the Hulk bigfig and swapped the head.

And I really really want a swamp thing minifig! He should have a body/head extension like chewbacca.

neonglow

Except for maybe the Javelin, it feels like the vehicles in these super hero sets are duds. Minifigures are still the only reason to pick up most of these sets.

Fowler

Except for maybe the Javelin, it feels like the vehicles in these super hero sets are duds. Minifigures are still the only reason to pick up most of these sets.

Agreed. I kinda like the Bat mech, but I also kinda feel like I could have built that myself, if you get what I mean.

At least there are tons of great minifigs I can pick up!

Man, I need all the DC sets just for the minifigs.

It's funny, LEGO's DC sets appeal to me way more than Marvel sets because their accurate to the comic books.

Kind of bummed that Wonder Woman's Invisible Jet isn't a larger build.

DemiMatt

Wen't to my first official LEGO Store today in Munich. Got some minifigs, the new seasonal sets but most of all I got to see the Seacow in person. Damn that is the slickest biggest most detailed LEGO ship I've ever seen. It's so beautiful. It looks strange on pictures, like it's too high for its length. But that thing is just right and so so big. Like two R2s next to each other. The new winter set is gorgeous as well. And they were looking for employees, too bad I live 250 km away. Seacow for double points it is. It just blew me away.

The Seacow has been my fav build to date. It took me 2 weeks to do, and it was amazing how there is such a high level of detail with it. Definitely worth picking up, thing is monstrous too!

Went through and grabbed a few of the OT suggestions.

• OT4: LegoGAF You can take our money but you will never take our bricks
  • OT4: LegoGAF Financial Armageddon; How I learned to stop worrying and love the brick
  • The Rebrickening.
  • The Financial Brickpocalypse.
  • Everything is Awesome.
  • Everything is awesome! Except your financial situation after entering here!
  • LegoGAF OT: Making Illegal Connections
  • Can't spell broke without Lego
  • LEGO |OT 4|Everything is awesome, except your wallet!
  • LEGO |OT 4| Hot Brick-on-Brick Action!
  • LEGO |OT 4| Bricks, Figs and Debts. They're awesome!
  • LEGO |OT4| Everything is Awesome, When You're Spending That Green
  • Everything is awesome when your building a dream.......MOC
  • Everything is awesome with the LEGO-GAF brick team
  • LEGO |OT4| Of MOCs and Men
  • LEGO |OT4| Bricks and studs drain our hard-earned bucks and funds will never find us
  • LEGO |OT4| We're mortgaging OT5 to pay for new sets. -Management
  • LEGO |OT4| Everything is ABS Plastic
  • LEGO |OT4| That Sound When LEGO Bricks Touch [Is Music To My Ears
  • Lego |OT4|All you need is Bricks
  • LEGO |OT 4| Everything is awesome, except our bank balances.

My personal favourites:

LEGO |OT 4| Everything is awesome, except our bank balances.
LEGO |OT 4| Of MOCs and Men
LEGO |OT 4| Bricks, Figs and Debts. They're awesome!
LEGO |OT 4| Hot Brick-on-Brick Action!

Target here in KY has Cap vs. Hydra and the Doc Ock Truck heist at $15 regular price now. They also clearanced The Milano to $52.49. Get em while they're hot.

Speed Champions sets:

http://youtu.be/cBMIdTmvFaY

OHMYGOD I'm going to have to buy all of these!

Dangit! I thought I'd be able to avoid non-Super Hero themes more next year.
Those are hawt. I will definitely get a few of those.

That new(?) windshield is sexy.

Maybe Hot Brick on Brick Action! will be a good title for the new thread.

EDIT: Is that a new trophy mould too? It looks like a goblet with handles put on it.

Top Bottom