• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

ghostmind

I'm ok with all the stickers, as racing decals are a common thing.

Those new windshields and rims have me excited.

And is that a new curved piece, as Bentbricks asked?

Here are the rough prices again:

$20: 458 Italia GT2
$20: LaFerrari
$20: McLaren P1
$20: Porsche 918 Spyder
$60: McLaren Mercedes Pitstop
$80: Porsche 911 GT Finish
$150: F14 and Scuderina Ferrari

wetwired

Went through and grabbed a few of the OT suggestions.

My personal favourites:

LEGO |OT 4| Everything is awesome, except our bank balances.
LEGO |OT 4| Of MOCs and Men
LEGO |OT 4| Bricks, Figs and Debts. They're awesome!
LEGO |OT 4| Hot Brick-on-Brick Action!

Hot brick on brick action for me :)

Went through and grabbed a few of the OT suggestions.

My personal favourites:

LEGO |OT 4| Everything is awesome, except our bank balances.
LEGO |OT 4| Of MOCs and Men
LEGO |OT 4| Bricks, Figs and Debts. They're awesome!

Seconded for Hot Brick-on-Brick Action.

neonglow

IAABRDE.jpg

I had wanted to get the previous version of this set (8185) but it had stickers on the minifigures! I don't know if any other theme ever did that.

You know you're a Star Wars nerd when you keep reading it as 'Hoth brick on brick action'. Yep, that's me.

So far we've got a two horse race.

or

LEGO |OT 4| Everything is Awesome!

LEGO |OT 4| Everything is Awesome!

but if we do go with LEGO |OT 4| Hot Brick-on-Brick Action! please add the subtitle: Studs Not On Top

I think any of these would make a fine OT title:

The Man Upstairs: You know the rules, this isn't a toy!
Finn: Um... it kind of is.
The Man Upstairs: No, actually it's a highly sophisticated inter-locking brick system.
Finn: But we bought it at the toy store.
The Man Upstairs: We did, but the way I'm using it makes it an adult thing.
Finn: The box for this one said "Ages 8 to 14"!
The Man Upstairs: That's a suggestion. They have to put that on there.

Zerojul

Ok, now I'm sure I have no interest in the Speed Champions line whatsoever.
I can see it being a big commercial hit, though. Glad you guys like it :)

wetwired

I'll probably buy the green lantern one as it will probably be good value and I want all the minifigs.

Gorilla Grodd set I'll probably just bricklink the new wonder woman.

Probably pass on the Aqua man set, at a stretch I'd bricklink the Scuba Robin

Darkseid will depend on price, I want all the minifigs except superman (already have one) and Darkseid, who to be honest I'm a bit disappointed with, not sure what I was expecting though.

And then I'll just bricklink one of the new black/dark grey batmen.

DC 2015 done :)

kinda disappointed in Gorilla Grodd bigfig and Arrow ( i wanted hooded Arrow or at least give him the damn hat)

As for speed champions, undecided... i kinda like the look but then im really not into cars in general anymore so... yeah

also: Everything is awesome! has to be the new OT title, i mean c'mon...

Rootbeer

Banned
Those cars look fantastic for what they are, I just don't buy a lot of car sets. These though? I probably won't be able to resist buying at least 1 or 2. Really glad they are minifig scale.

I'll buy the DC sets (i'm determined to maintain a full run of both marvel & dc minifigs, sans those outrageous convention exclusives) but I mirror a lot of the disappointment on display. Not just the builds but in some of the figures.

It's fine though. There is still way more than enough to be excited about all through 2015. I'm not fretting one bit. It's going to be an outrageous year so the way I see it, if there are any sets you feel like skipping, you should probably do it... because there's already way too much on the table if you ask me.

We still barely know anything about the Jurassic World, Episode VII and Avengers Age of Ultron sets to top it all off.

wetwired

kinda disappointed in Gorilla Grodd bigfig and Arrow ( i wanted hooded Arrow or at least give him the damn hat)

You can buy a hood in dark green on bricklink to flesh green arrow out

Everything is awesome is just too obvious for me and a few months too late.

A few more attempts at some ghostbusters minifigs, Gozer and Louis Tully- Ghostbusters from GB2

GBfigs1.jpg

GBfigs2.jpg

I say "attempt" as I'm not happy with them, I think perhaps gozer need to be angrier and the details on her torso are too subtle? and I'm not sure the hair for Louis works, what do you guys think? or am I being too picky?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Found and passed on the new pizza place mini modular. $19.99 or free with $60.00 purchase. I simply could not find anything worth buying... Argh. If only they'd put those blasted Hobbit sets out.

There are more mini modulars!? Though that exclusive sticker likely mean I'll never get it. :(

Rootbeer

Banned
There are more mini modulars!? Though that exclusive sticker likely mean I'll never get it. :(

I was just in TRU again yesterday and it looks like they have sold... zero.

Is it due to a street date? Well, maybe, but then why is it STILL on the shelf after many days?

You can buy a hood in dark green on bricklink to flesh green arrow out

Everything is awesome is just too obvious for me and a few months too late.

A few more attempts at some ghostbusters minifigs, Gozer and Louis Tully- Ghostbusters from GB2

GBfigs1.jpg

GBfigs2.jpg

I say "attempt" as I'm not happy with them, I think perhaps gozer need to be angrier and the details on her torso are too subtle? and I'm not sure the hair for Louis works, what do you guys think? or am I being too picky?

How are you making the custom prints? Water slide decals?

Ryuuroden

My October double points list
(I will probably not be able to get all of it. Just going to try to get what I can starting with the oldest sets)

-ucs x-wing
-ucs sandcrawler
-ucs ewok village
-ucs tumbler
-Sydney opera house
-Simpson's house
-full set of series 12 plus extras

The definite gets are x-wing, ewok village, tumbler, opera house, and series 12. That's over 1000 dollars right there.... -.-

Ainaurdur

My October double points list
(I will probably not be able to get all of it. Just going to try to get what I can starting with the oldest sets)

-ucs x-wing
-ucs sandcrawler
-ucs ewok village
-ucs tumbler
-Sydney opera house
-Simpson's house
-full set of series 12 plus extras

The definite gets are x-wing, ewok village, tumbler, opera house, and series 12. That's over 1000 dollars right there.... -.-
And I thought my potential Oct. list of around $700 was bad... trying to tell myself $200 is enough. Don't need to spend any more. But I waaaant to.

To chime in on the Speed Champions pics, I do like most of them, but I could see skipping the McLaren Mercedes Pitstop set.
The snowboard spoiler on the McLaren P1 is a nice touch.

I'll probably buy the green lantern one as it will probably be good value and I want all the minifigs.

Gorilla Grodd set I'll probably just bricklink the new wonder woman.

Probably pass on the Aqua man set, at a stretch I'd bricklink the Scuba Robin

Darkseid will depend on price, I want all the minifigs except superman (already have one) and Darkseid, who to be honest I'm a bit disappointed with, not sure what I was expecting though.

And then I'll just bricklink one of the new black/dark grey batmen.

DC 2015 done :)

I'm also disappointed in the Darkseid big fig. Can't quite put my finger on it. Definitely the lack of protruding eyebrows which is part of his signature look (head looks like a dome with print on it). Also, I think the short gloves take away from the look. Maybe a darker grey instead of the light one?
I understand the gloves are short because they are using existing moulds and probably don't have a setup for printing on the big fig arms better than the weak shoulder pad print.

I suspect the dome head is a standard mould they will use on many of the other big figs. I'm feeling that Thing will be the same dome head mould. This is where the bootleg version of Thing may be better if LEGO just does rocky print on a smooth big fig.

Here's a custom that captures the look better IMO.

http://www.figurerealm.com/viewcustomfigure.php?FID=61511

61511-1.jpg

This one is messy, but it actually works for the skin to capture Darkseid's stoney skin appearance.

9358719465_b2dd6e4427_z.jpg

Lego Darkseid New 52 by 1upLego, on Flickr

EDIT: Added for reference to official Darkseid.

mxjw9dy.jpg

As for speed champions, undecided... i kinda like the look but then im really not into cars in general anymore so... yeah

Why give you a hooded Arrow now when they can do it later AND paired with another Batman!

Rootbeer

Banned
I now have all 3 Old Republic ships (actually, all 5 sets on the whole but the ships are the main ones)... yes!

now to buckle down and focus on Hoth sets.

That set reminds me of the May the 4th sale. What a terrible experience with everyone trying to get the set 50% off and having orders getting cancelled.

I lucked into getting it for 50% off at WalMart one day. It is like no one wanted it. They had several of them for a week or so.

rallaren

Sorry, it looked black in the pic. Sweet looking ship, kinda disappointed I didnt get it
or the Sith Fury Interceptor
when they were out.
It is more of a play set and was not that fun to build but it look(ed) awesome but doesn't see mto have been that popular.

Last one for today. Very clever just reversing the ears of CMF and printing on the back.

7707090352_ee2449531c.jpg

LEGO Usagi Yojimbo by KadasBence, on Flickr

Oooh...looks like LEGO Fusion Town Master has unique minifig print. I will be looking to Bricklink that or wait for 50% off clearance in a year or so for that game.

15122916558_743e40d71a_n.jpg

Top Bottom