• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

What would be good place to sell "gently-used" Lego sets? Will be culling my and my son's collections.

Should I post here, or in the B/S/T thread? Can you sell things quick-change on Bricklink?

ghostmind

I've got most of the first and second years of Ninjago. The 2015 sets feel like a mix of those two with the return of the snakes (and some sort of tribal snake-worshipping tribe?) as well as a lot of asian-esque building designs.

The theme looks to be picking up pace for the upcoming movie, however I think I need to stay clear of it, for my own good.

Ravek

Banned
I've got most of the first and second years of Ninjago. The 2015 sets feel like a mix of those two with the return of the snakes (and some sort of tribal snake-worshipping tribe?) as well as a lot of asian-esque building designs.

The theme looks to be picking up pace for the upcoming movie, however I think I need to stay clear of it, for my own good.

Based off that video, which is your fav? Just curious.

Rootbeer

Banned
Again I get the impression Ninjago is tryiing to connect more with what made it a strong theme in the first year and is moving away from the very bizarre direction it took throughout 2014, which is great.

For me, I reserve Ninjago for when I can find them at a huge discount and I snatch them up for parts mostly. So in that sense I'm glad they are back because it allows me enhanced prospects.

It is definitely a theme I need to investigate on a deeper level though so I'm up to snuff for when the movie hits. After The LEGO Movie was so amazing I am hoping they can deliver something I enjoy almost as much to tide me over for The LEGO Movie 2.
There's a lego marketplace thread.

I can't find this thread :(

ghostmind

Based off that video, which is your fav? Just curious.

70748 Titanium Dragon, as my favorite part of the theme has always been the dragons.

70749 Enter the Serpent, and 70756 Dojo Showdown also stand out to me, as I greatly prefer the buildings to the vehicles.

Again I get the impression Ninjago is tryiing to connect more with what made it a strong theme in the first year and is moving away from the very bizarre direction it took throughout 2014, which is great.

For me, I reserve Ninjago for when I can find them at a huge discount and I snatch them up for parts mostly. So in that sense I'm glad they are back because it allows me enhanced prospects.

It is definitely a theme I need to investigate on a deeper level though so I'm up to snuff for when the movie hits. After The LEGO Movie was so amazing I am hoping they can deliver something I enjoy almost as much to tide me over for The LEGO Movie 2.

I can't find this thread :(
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=699892

What's the best current Ninjago set? I am intrigued by owning some cyborgs...or should I just BrickLink some of the robots?

Glad I'm not the only one that likes the Nindroids (the ones with the ninja mask eye thingy).

Looks like not many people like those as they go for well under $3 on Bricklink.
http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?itemID=123646

IMO the best set is:
70728: Battle for Ninjago City

70728-1.jpg

and these in no particular order.
70727: X-1 Ninja Charger
70725: Nindroid MechDragon
70721: Kai Fighter

http://brickset.com/sets/theme-Ninjago/year-2014

Those Ninjago sets have a new, tan craggy rock piece used in the Shuff Mixel. Gonna have to get one of them for that so I can make a sand/stone Shuff now!

Also really really diggin the snake skull helmet, that is so cool looking.

Ninjago as a whole seems really ... just so weird to me. When it first came out they were like, actual ninja, and their sets all looked like ancient ninja stuff, and they were fighting like skeleton undead guys, right? I only ever bought one of those, the black ninja with the little archery training thingy. But then fast forward to this year, I start working at Lego and I see they're all driving jets and cars and fighting robots and I'm like what in the hell? To me, so many of the current Ninjago sets just look like someone blindly threw together a bunch of sharp pieces with spinning blades and treads and spears and it looks so ugly to me and seems so so far away from what I remebering it starting out as.

Can someone fill me in on exactly wtf happened with the theme while I wasn't paying attention? I'd be so into it if they went back to like an actual, like.. legit Ninja theme. Like Castle or Pirates but instead of Infantry VS Pirates it's Ninja VS Samurai.

That was the actual Ninja theme back in the late nineties. I picked up one of those just for fun, it's pretty neat. But probably way, way too serene for a modern audience. It's more like early non-fantasy Castle.

Those Ninjago sets have a new, tan craggy rock piece used in the Shuff Mixel. Gonna have to get one of them for that so I can make a sand/stone Shuff now!

Ninjago as a whole seems really ... just so weird to me. When it first came out they were like, actual ninja, and their sets all looked like ancient ninja stuff, and they were fighting like skeleton undead guys, right? I only ever bought one of those, the black ninja with the little archery training thingy. But then fast forward to this year, I start working at Lego and I see they're all driving jets and cars and fighting robots and I'm like what in the hell? To me, so many of the current Ninjago sets just look like someone blindly threw together a bunch of sharp pieces with spinning blades and treads and spears and it looks so ugly to me and seems so so far away from what I remebering it starting out as.

Can someone fill me in on exactly wtf happened with the theme while I wasn't paying attention? I'd be so into it if they went back to like an actual, like.. legit Ninja theme. Like Castle or Pirates but instead of Infantry VS Pirates it's Ninja VS Samurai.

It has always been that way. It's called anachronism. Steam punk is an example of an anachronistic setting. First wave had motorcycles and other motor vehicles.
Zane is a nindroid/robot
They did make huge leaps in technology over the seasons though.

I started watching the show with my little one and it's always been pretty crazy. It's almost like they had a bunch of kids in a focus group like in the poochie episode of the Simpsons:
Man: How many of you kids would like Itchy & Scratchy to deal with real-life problems, like the ones you face every day?

Kids: [clamoring] Oh, yeah! I would! Great idea! Yeah, that's it!

Man: And who would like to see them do just the opposite -- getting into far-out situations involving robots and magic powers?

Kids: [clamoring] Me! Yeah! Oh, cool! Yeah, that's what I want!

Man: So, you want a realistic, down-to-earth show... that's completely off-the-wall and swarming with magic robots?

Kids: [all agreeing, quieter this time] That's right. Oh yeah, good.

Milhouse: And also, you should win things by watching.

So I'm leaving the US and I might not be able to take my beautiful legos with me. Any of you interested?

I got Fire Brigade (used and built), Pet Shop (only built the pet shop, other NIB), GI (new), TH (new), Haunted House (new), PR (new), Cinema (new), Simpsons House (new), plus a bunch of smaller creator, galaxy squad and city sets.

So I'm leaving the US and I might not be able to take my beautiful legos with me. Any of you interested?

I got Fire Brigade (used and built), Pet Shop (only built the pet shop, other NIB), GI (new), TH (new), Haunted House (new), PR (new), Cinema (new), Simpsons House (new), plus a bunch of smaller creator, galaxy squad and city sets.

PM Sent

Ponn

Banned
O1eTa4V.jpg

$7.50 for all 6? Bought!

Oh man never thought to use zombie drivers hat for Red Skull. Those are good and make Hulk Lab Smash a possible pass except of course for Hulk big fig and Modok. Having to buy multiple knock off sets for all the figs though kind of defeat the cost savings.

That Punisher and Bullseye fig though, don't think we will ever see those. Where is Daredevil though??

It has always been that way. It's called anachronism. Steam punk is an example of an anachronistic setting. First wave had motorcycles and other motor vehicles.
Zane is a nindroid/robot
They did make huge leaps in technology over the seasons though.

I guess I just didn't pay enough attention to it at the beginning (the only sets I remember seeing were the "spinjitsu" things that were packed like the old Speedorz, the actual sets didn't come out until a bit after, right?) I mean I get steampunk and I actually got some steampunk vibes from the upcoming Ninjago plane. I guess it's because I didn't know about enough of the sets at the start, I just remembered it being kind of basic Ninja VS Skeleton stuff and then suddenly, we're fighting robots and have jet fighters and people are driving cars that shoot out flying vehicles that have giant spinning blades on them at huge mech robots.

I'm glad they're going back to the Snake stuff (which apparently was in-between the skeletons and the robots?) but personally I'd like to see the skeleton guys come back rather than the snakes. But I guess that's just me and I'm not exactly the target audience for Ninjago :(

Kinda sucks 'cause it would seem that as long as Ninjago is around, Lego has no reason to ever do any "normal" Ninja stuff. But I guess certain sets, like the Ninjago City, are classic enough and can be MOC'd a bit to be "normal" looking.

That was the actual Ninja theme back in the late nineties. I picked up one of those just for fun, it's pretty neat. But probably way, way too serene for a modern audience. It's more like early non-fantasy Castle.

Ah, damn :(

R-User!

The show mostly explains everything you are wondering... have you seen it? It's actually pretty fun. Seasons 1 and 2 are on Netflix!

That Usagi is amazing. My friend is a huge fan of the comic, gonna have to show him this!

Looks like he did a photomanipulation on the ears. I just looked at my bunny dude and the ears are much further apart. The guy mentioned in the comments he did a photo manip and showed the original photo.

Double VIP kicks off tomorrow. I am on the fence about going nuts in October, or doing a few things in October, then praying for triple VIP in November.

Or get a new iPhone and less LEGO.

Sigh. I can't wait to get my bricks back and start MOCing.

Ravek

Banned
Double VIP kicks off tomorrow. I am on the fence about going nuts in October, or doing a few things in October, then praying for triple VIP in November.

Get a flip phone instead.

I am doing an "oldest to newest" approach to my wish list. Given that my oldest are the Parisian Restaurant and the Winter Carnival I am not doing too badly. I hope to get them both this month.

Honestly, I am just stupidly excited that I finally have all three fridge magnets. That is really my big September / October accomplishment.

I am debating about Winter Village stuff. I got the cottage on clearance and loved it, but still need the carnival and Santa's workshop. At the same time, I can just MOC up a scene like I did with the gingerbread house last year.

As for old sets, the oldest one I need is Sydney Opera House, which I think I have plenty of time on. After that it is Sea Cow.

My original plan was Slave 1 for October 1st, but since that didn't happen, I think I am going to get Tumbler and Mini Cooper, and maybe the lil seasonal bat set.

I will save Slave 1 or Sydney Opera House for November.

Caladrius

The Ninjago sets look okay. Probably pick up a few for the Minifigures. (Those Nagas)

I'm mad the Blue Ninja doesn't have a sleeveless Gi though. :[

ghostmind

I am debating about Winter Village stuff. I got the cottage on clearance and loved it, but still need the carnival and Santa's workshop. At the same time, I can just MOC up a scene like I did with the gingerbread house last year.

As for old sets, the oldest one I need is Sydney Opera House, which I think I have plenty of time on. After that it is Sea Cow.

My original plan was Slave 1 for October 1st, but since that didn't happen, I think I am going to get Tumbler and Mini Cooper, and maybe the lil seasonal bat set.

I will save Slave 1 or Sydney Opera House for November.

I think for me in October it's going to be the Fairground Mixer, Santa's Workshop, CMF Series 12, and whichever holiday animals I can find, starting with the Halloween Bat.

Ugh. I need Fairground Mixer as well. Shit.

Either way, Sydney Opera House is on the back burner. I also need to double check if my wife wants to order a VW Camper. Her mother saw it and fell in love with it, and my wife has been waiting until she was at her new job before ordering it and splurging for her mom's christmas present.

The good and bad thing about being in KY now is that the closest LEGO store is an hour away again. In TN, where sales tax is much higher. Think I will test how Fed Ex is here and might go back to online ordering only.

Although there is supposedly an independent LEGO store that carries old stuff in Louisville. Might be worth a day drive up there, but that is almost two hours.

ghostmind

Tumbler not available from LEGO.com for the rest of 2014!?

iy9j7mAd1B5EK.gif

DAMMIT!

Wow, that's nuts. It says that limited stock may be available in LEGO stores in October though, so not all hope is lost.

I think we've reached a tipping point, where LEGO's popularity is outstripping their capacity, and we could see a lot of OOS sets this holiday season.

Wow, that's nuts. It says that limited stock may be available in LEGO stores in October though, so not all hope is lost.

I think we've reached a tipping point, where LEGO's popularity is outstripping their capacity, and we could see a lot of OOS sets this holiday season.

I don't want to have to drive to Nashville to get it, but I might call them next week and do that. The sales tax increase, then the cost of gas getting there will add so much. I might have to wait until next year to get it.

Jesus. It is nuts. But that is all I need to know to move onto another set, even if my heart was set on the Tumbler. Well, it was set on Slave 1, but the Tumbler was supposedly available now.

Rootbeer

Banned
it's no Tumbler but...

S@H has all 3 bags of Friends Animals series 6 (series 5 only just now hit TRU in NA!)

They also have ALL FOUR seasonal animal builds (bat, turkey, reindeer, snowman)

*edit*
S@H experiencing technical difficulties :( you can't see promos in your bag right now

it's no Tumbler but...

S@H has all 3 bags of Friends Animals series 6 (series 5 only just now hit TRU in NA!)

They also have ALL FOUR seasonal animal builds (bat, turkey, reindeer, snowman)

Do you have links to the Turkey, Reindeer, and Snowman? I tried searching and couldn't find them.

Top Bottom