• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

ghostmind

Thanks for the heads-up on those holiday animals Zulithe! I had also done a search and couldn't find more that just the bat.

Trying to place an order, but I can't progress past my cart.

Click "What's New" and expand it out to All Items.

Thank you. They never showed up by doing a search. And I passed the Snowman a few times since there was no pic.

Added them to cart. Can't order anything until Friday. Probably going to just do Mini Cooper and the seasonal animals this month. Save the Sea Cow and Fairground Mixer for later probably.

Rootbeer

Banned
first order placed... santa's shop, all 4 animal builds, 3 friends polybags, and a SW set...

next order will be smaug on the 15th!

ghostmind

CANADIANS

From October 3rd to 9th - spend $75 on LEGO at TRU and recieve 40180 Bricktober Theater for free.

uvRZ2BI.jpg

Simpsons House ordered, used my $120 worth of VIP points

Enjoy it. It is a really cool set. Some really neat techniques here and there throughout. Especially on the furniture and interior details.

Where did you see that?

Go to the page for the set on shop.lego.com. It says this:

"We apologize, but this item will not be available on shop.LEGO.com for the remainder of 2014. Limited quantities may be available in October in LEGO Stores"

Dammit.

Parisian Restaurant ordered! Had been thinking Orthanc for double VIP at first, but I'm a bit shorter on money this month than anticipated so cheaper set it is. Also, I kinda want this one more anyway as... Dat detail! Now I'll have another modular to go with Fire Brigade and Grand Emporium.

Parisian Restaurant ordered! Had been thinking Orthanc for double VIP at first, but I'm a bit shorter on money this month than anticipated so cheaper set it is. Also, I kinda want this one more anyway as... Dat detail! Now I'll have another modular to go with Fire Brigade and Grand Emporium.

While I think Parisian Restaurant is the better of the two, Orthanc doesn't have long for this world I think. LOTR didn't seem to set the world on fire with sales, so it will probably be gone by early next year.

I suggest get it as your next big purchase.

But on the brighter note, you just ordered Parisian Restaurant, which is still the best build this whole year.

*cries quietly about not having Tumbler.*

While I think Parisian Restaurant is the better of the two, Orthanc doesn't have long for this world I think. LOTR didn't seem to set the world on fire with sales, so it will probably be gone by early next year.

I suggest get it as your next big purchase.

But on the brighter note, you just ordered Parisian Restaurant, which is still the best build this whole year.

*cries quietly about not having Tumbler.*

Yes, it's why I was originally going to get Orthanc. I'll see if I can push for it in the coming months, but if I end up missing out on it I won't mourn too much. It's cool, but not a MUST HAVE for me.

Vyer

My wife has decided she really wants a train to go around the tree this year. And since my son (and I) love LEGO that's what she wants. You guys have a recommendation from the train sets?

My wife has decided she really wants a train to go around the tree this year. And since my son (and I) love LEGO that's what she wants. You guys have a recommendation from the train sets?

Horizon Express. But I only have that and Maersk. I still need motors.

ghostmind

The best train currently in print is 10233 Horizon Express.

However, it's not the most exciting train to look at from a variety/playability perspective - in that case I would say 60052 Cargo Train.

If money is no object, get 10173 Holiday Train, but expect to pay at least $600 for it.

So I'm leaving the US and I might not be able to take my beautiful legos with me. Any of you interested?

I got Fire Brigade (used and built), Pet Shop (only built the pet shop, other NIB), GI (new), TH (new), Haunted House (new), PR (new), Cinema (new), Simpsons House (new), plus a bunch of smaller creator, galaxy squad and city sets.

What Galaxy Squad stuff do you have?

R-User!

I would shoot for the Cargo Train. More track, including switch tracks, and I think an overall more fun train to play with than the Passenger Train; can remember if those are the exact names of the trains though, but they're very similar to their previous counterparts...

...But, if you bought the passenger train and the train station, that might look better under the tree... Tough call.

"We apologize, but this item will not be available on shop.LEGO.com for the remainder of 2014. Limited quantities may be available in October in LEGO Stores"

Dammit.

On that note, I believe it also states the same about the Research Institute and maybe about the Exo Suit.

If you get the itch, perhaps you could call the TN LEGO store and have them hold a Tumbler for you when you catch them while they're in stock. I know they should hold one all day if you ask...

Thanks for the heads up about the Snowman Zulithe... ...didn't even know it existed! :)

wetwired

Enjoy it. It is a really cool set. Some really neat techniques here and there throughout. Especially on the furniture and interior details.

Dammit.

Still showing up in Australia

Out of stock, expected ship date 6 Nov 2014

neonglow

It seems if you add any LEGO Friends Animal Series 6 set, it adds a free Stephanie's Bakery polybag. However it's glitchy and takes out the promo Holiday Set.

wetwired

Glad I got the Tumbler at launch. This sort of wait would slay me.

It's pretty painful, In August when it was available for VIPs I though "I'll just wait til September and see if there's any promo polybags or promos going before I order"

big mistake, I really wanted the figs to go in the batcave for the lego expo I'm displaying at this weekend and by the time September rolled around the shipping date changed til after the expo, so I figured I can just wait, got the simpsons house instead.

ghostmind

AMERICANS

C8Qdndh.jpg

So the only difference between USA and Canada TRU promos is that each CDN week starts 2 days earlier.

That, and Canadian TRUs don't usually mark-up their set prices.

Ainaurdur

Placed my order for Orthanc.

Still debating a second order in the next day or two. VW T1 Camper Van or R2-D2.
Feel like the Van will disappear sooner than R2, but even he seems like he wouldn't be around much longer?

Rootbeer

Banned
Not surprised about the Tumbler unavailability, or any unavailability really. Remember, we have been hearing about LEGO shortages a lot lately, with some smaller stores even being cut off from stock entirely so LEGO can fulfill orders at the bigger retailers. I'm surprised they can keep up with so much demand and yet still be churning out tons of all-new sets, 2015 is on track to be their biggest year ever in terms of both sales and new sets (but how will it fair in terms of new elements? Hmmm)

AMERICANS

<image>

So the only difference between USA and Canada TRU promos is that each CDN week starts 2 days earlier.

I got that flier today (came with a $5 off anything coupon too), I was going to take a photo and post it but I have been really busy. Can't seem to get a break lately. No time to even build LEGO :(
It seems if you add any LEGO Friends Animal Series 6 set, it adds a free Stephanie's Bakery polybag. However it's glitchy and takes out the promo Holiday Set.

so that's what was happening to me...
my cart had two HIDDEN ITEMS but they did not appear. there was a big box saying they would add promos when they ship even if it does not show if you qualify...

still, they do not technicaly show up in my order so i'm worried. I'm calling LEGO customer service at 8am since i'll be up then (sigh, had to do this last month too...)

Oh and another thing...

LEGO you need to get your website under control. With the enhanced demand and all the new money rolling in there is no excuse. It's not like they are seeing iPhone-like demands on release days... they need to get it together.

I just added £412 worth of sets to my basket (I thought I could leave the Tumbler while next year!) but there was no free Christmas polybag. Are we supposed to be getting one in Europe this month?

The show mostly explains everything you are wondering... have you seen it? It's actually pretty fun. Seasons 1 and 2 are on Netflix!

I haven't! I've often found myself wondering if the Ninjago and Chima shows are worth watching. I mean, I know they're meant for kids, but that doesn't necessarily mean they're terrible, right?

Zerojul

Daaaamn, i hate the waiting game
Absolutley. I just hope Santa Workshop and the series 3 Mixels are still in stock by then.
I may get Orthanc and Sandcrawer or Pet Shop this month for the 2X VIP bonus and I'd like to get one promo WInter set per order but I'm afraid it may go out of stock real fast.

Rootbeer

Banned
Got off the phone with LEGO support. I guess having both promos in my order glitched it out, so it is in "limbo." They pulled the order out of limbo and are pushing it through the system now. If the promos do not apply they are going to mail them to me separately.

They are working on a 'number' of website problems this morning, they told me.

LEGO is always great about helping with anything that comes along, it's just too bad a lot of those problems are coming from their end. Please keep ironing out those website issues, LEGO!

R-User!

I haven't! I've often found myself wondering if the Ninjago and Chima shows are worth watching. I mean, I know they're meant for kids, but that doesn't necessarily mean they're terrible, right?

Ninjago's got heart...

I don't know what Chima has from the handful of episodes I've seen...

Experien

AMERICANS

C8Qdndh.jpg

I want that theater...but can i find a TRU and come up with $75 worth of LEGO I want?

!!!

I hope it's available again in a few days at 50%.

I had a feeling the GS stuff would start going around this time, right as I'm saving money for LBP3 and possibly Dragon Age 3. If I can get the Stinger and Vaporizer for 30-50%, I'll pass on DA3.

Krilekk

Banned
Dang, used double VIP points to order two more Haunted Houses. Which will then allow me to get all the sets I want early next year. At least that's the plan. :D

Top Bottom