• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

R-User!

Thanks for suggestions everyone, and it looks like i should pick up Orthanc first then. I really miss that one probably second most just sitting like a dark monolith on my wall oozing evil intent. And i added it to cart at Lego S@h to see how much everything would be and lo and behold they are giving away a free pretty awesome looking promo poster with it too. Sweet.

HA. I'm going to go with that thought and whoever designed that set had a morbid sense of humor, brilliant.

Orthanc vote as well! ;)

How.. How can the Internet bring send us some LEGO!?
What kind of device could bring home a set?...

If the order is placed, new LEGO will arrive!

Even if it does arrive it would take a number beyond reckoning, thousands, to replace the sets!

Tens of thousands!

But my Lord there is no such source!

a massive army of Orcs chant:
"Dushkoo Kashkoo - Everything is Awesome!"

0_o

A new Ponn01 is Rising!

His Credit Card is at Hand!

This Night, the Invoice will be Littered with the Order of LEGO!

March to LEGO.com!

Place Orthanc's Order!

To BUILLLLLLLD!

*Grima Legotoungue stares at the online order*...

---*single tear*---

*sorry about Helms Deep Ponn... :/ Hope you can come across it one day. At least there is STILL Orthanc, Black Gate, Pirate Ambush, Wizard Battle and Council of Elrond if you don't have those yet, as well as Unexpected Gathering/Bag End, Mirkwood Elf Army, Lake-Town Chase, and both Dol Guldur Ambush and Battle if any of The Hobbit sets float your boat or are within your budget! :) Hope my silly LEGO LOTR fantasy fic didn't bum you out...

Rootbeer

Banned
"Hmm, I wonder how much those Winter sets go for on the secondary market..."

A short time later...

svps.gif

Anyone know what the street date is for the TRU bricktober sets? I stopped by a TRU yesterday and they didn't even have them out.

there is a different one each week of october. assuming they have it in stock. they seemed all cleared out when i went in yesterday.

A short time later...

svps.gif

there is a different one each week of october. assuming they have it in stock. they seemed all cleared out when i went in yesterday.

I asked, and the one who knew said that they couldn't be sold because of street date. Which one is out this week?

Rootbeer

Banned
I asked, and the one who knew said that they couldn't be sold because of street date. Which one is out this week?

This is from this week's TRU flier that came in many mailboxes this week.

C8Qdndh.jpg

There is no way I can spend $75 a week on more LEGO at TRU throughout october, i'd have to stray into buying sets I don't want/need or buying duplicates. And I've decided not to buy them as singles either, much better ways to invest $80 in my collection, but that's me!

If only oct had more new releases aside from Hobbit sets...

Krilekk

Banned

A short time later...

svps.gif

Hehe. Buy them in January/February, they are cheaper then. I still can't believe I got three of those sets from a local store at MSRP. Not the best condition of the box but still good enough.

Oh well, off to find some series 16 minifigs. Fun fact: Here in Germany they are sold for the same 2.49 € as all previous series, yes, even at LEGO stores.

Rootbeer

Banned
Supposedly Target here in the USA is selling them for 2.99. I've yet to see it for myself though.

And yeah I'll wait... I doubt I'll even be able to budget for them given all the other LEGO stuff on my agenda, but I will try. At least I'll have Santa's Workshop and the two free add-on sets from this year.

Hehe. Buy them in January/February, they are cheaper then. I still can't believe I got three of those sets from a local store at MSRP. Not the best condition of the box but still good enough.

Oh well, off to find some series 16 minifigs. Fun fact: Here in Germany they are sold for the same 2.49 € as all previous series, yes, even at LEGO stores.

Last year's Winter Set never got marked down here in the US. Not that I found. I held off on it for that, but since it never went down I am on the fence about getting them at all. I will probably cave.

Ryuuroden

Last year's Winter Set never got marked down here in the US. Not that I found. I held off on it for that, but since it never went down I am on the fence about getting them at all. I will probably cave.

Yeah, it didn't get marked down, just put back in storage to bring back out this year. What will be interesting is if they discount it this year since its the last year. I personally doubt it. Sales are up and any additional sets they manufactured are probably based on last year's statistics and on how other sets declined in the second year. Based on what I've seen recently, Lego would rather underproduce then overproduce.

Rootbeer

Banned
Chima 2015

http://imgur.com/a/wpsT7#0

Love the beaver! Getting that set for sure. Even if it's really obvious that it's the mold used on the yeti, I don't care, it looks fantastic.

This will be an easy impulse buy. Look at that buildable phoenix!!!

gzNPseu.png

XOzgKuQ.png

Bear tribe is looking great. Mech bear? Yes please. You are now on my radar!

Xa8I9rO.png

Will Star Wars be tomorrow? Hope so! I really want to see the Ezra's Bike set.

neonglow

I haven't bought any of the 2014 Chima sets except for those $10 Legendary Beast ones. I was waiting until the deep discounts happen but nobody is discounting them. They just seem like shelf warmers to me.

Rootbeer

Banned
I haven't bought any of the 2014 Chima sets except for those $10 Legendary Beast ones. I was waiting until the deep discounts happen but nobody is discounting them. They just seem like shelf warmers to me.
I agree, far fewer deals this year on the whole actually. I hate it. Will the LEGO boom please end?

Finally visited my local TRU after not visiting a few months...man that Lego section went from a mere aisle to an entire section. Feels like the Lego monster would consume itself after awhile.

I have to admit, I would have adored seeing a large variety of Lego as a kid. But noooooooo, all we got was one measly aisle back in the 90's

Apparently a customer was nice enough to label the minifigures in the box and while it didn't have a ton left, I was able to nab 3 and so far they've all been accurate, score!

WOW those new(?) flame pieces for the wings look AWESOME.

Definitely gonna pick up a couple 2015 Chima sets. Really like the Bears and the Crocs, that Beaver is great, and of course that Phoenix jet looks sooooo cool.

I was told the other day that apparently Chima started out as Lego trying to get the rights to Thundercats - they made a bunch of prototypes and went to pitch for the rights but a deal couldn't be made (something to do with Hasbro?) and Lego had all these humanoid animal prototypes sitting around so they just did their own thing and Chima was born. Anyone else ever heard that story? I just heard about it last week so I don't know if it's old news or a pile of bunk.

Ravek

Banned
Chima 2015

http://imgur.com/a/wpsT7#0

Love the beaver! Getting that set for sure. Even if it's really obvious that it's the mold used on the yeti, I don't care, it looks fantastic.

This will be an easy impulse buy. Look at that buildable phoenix!!!

gzNPseu.png

XOzgKuQ.png

Bear tribe is looking great. Mech bear? Yes please. You are now on my radar!

Xa8I9rO.png

Will Star Wars be tomorrow? Hope so! I really want to see the Ezra's Bike set.

Wow, those two sets look amazing. And a MECH POLAR BEAR... SOOOOOO GOOD.

I was too. Finding some Chima sets on good sale, but not the Speedorz or Legendary Beast ones. The LEGO store has the Speedorz on sale for 20%, but after the 50% off the earlier waves I waited it out. They never went lower before selling out.

Several factors:
- Lowered production numbers of Chima sets I think after the massive excess of the first two waves of Speedorz.
- The LEGO Movie
- $10 is an impulse buy item. Plus they look cool to me so I expect some kids will be drawn to them as "action figures".

EDIT: Those 2015 Chima sets are great. I thought I was done with Chima, but I'll be looking for those on 20% sale or more definitely. Will pick up the bird one if it's ~$20.

WOW those new(?) flame pieces for the wings look AWESOME.

Definitely gonna pick up a couple 2015 Chima sets. Really like the Bears and the Crocs, that Beaver is great, and of course that Phoenix jet looks sooooo cool.

I was told the other day that apparently Chima started out as Lego trying to get the rights to Thundercats - they made a bunch of prototypes and went to pitch for the rights but a deal couldn't be made (something to do with Hasbro?) and Lego had all these humanoid animal prototypes sitting around so they just did their own thing and Chima was born. Anyone else ever heard that story? I just heard about it last week so I don't know if it's old news or a pile of bunk.

Yes. This was discussed in OT2 thread. Just search for Thundercats.
Don't know the details for sure, but seems like there was some early prototype work. It's WB, I don't think LEGO and Hasbro will ever work on things together. It's because of Hasbro the LEGO started gluing the magnets. Those were awesome ways to get minifigs.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=46585528&postcount=4602

Totally agreed. That bird is absolutely fantastic.

I meant the minifigure wings because I somehow missed that the phoenix wing flames were also new. Wooooowwwww!!!

Don't know the details for sure, but seems like there was some early prototype work. It's WB, I don't think LEGO and Hasbro will ever work on things together. It's because of Hasbro the LEGO started gluing the magnets. Those were awesome ways to get minifigs.

Whoa dang, thanks! Looks like I've got some reading to do :D

Edit: Speaking of licensed Lego themes, anyone know how the TMNT stuff is doing? I know Nick has announced a third season, but I haven't seen any rumors for 2015 TMNT sets... is that theme over now? Or would that more likely be a summer theme, to give the latest TV and Movie sets some time on the market before being refreshed? They're introducing some characters next season that I'd reeeeeaaaally like minifigs of...

That phoenix is glorious. If I start buying lego again I might have to make that my first and possibly only chima set ever. Superman versus the phoenix atop fire brigade while joker laughs himself silly in the background at the flaming fire department LET'S GO.

chimster

picked up some series 12 minifigs today, does the plastic feel different to anyone else? Can't quite put my finger on it, but something is different IMO.

picked up some series 12 minifigs today, does the plastic feel different to anyone else? Can't quite put my finger on it, but something is different IMO.

Yeah, the legs on both my Space Miners feel different than any of my other figs; chima, dc heroes, galaxy squad. They're uh, softer, I guess?

Ryuuroden

MAN IM SOOO FUCKING PISSED GODDAMMIT, So I thought that way back when I had 2 of my Exo-Suit deliveries never happen that it got lost or some shit even tho the postal office said it was delivered. WELL FUCK THIS SHIT, IT JUST HAPPENED TO ONE OF MY BRICKLINK ORDERS. FUCKITY FUCK FUCK FUCK I WANT TO RIP INTO SOMEONE RIGHT NOW. Someone is thieving my packages from inside the building I live in so it can only be the postal worker or someone else who lives here and no one else who lives here is interested in LEGO. ARRRGH, so mad right now.

EDIT:

Sorry for the outburst, just extremely upset that someone is stealing my LEGO packages after they get delivered or god forbid the postal worker is stealing them.

neonglow

I remember posting that! The Thundercats series didn't last very long so it was probably a good idea for LEGO to do their own thing. Imagine LEGO making a licensed theme for a dead series.

All CMF are made in China so the plastic is sourced from different places than those created in Europe or Mexico.

ghostmind

The Chima wave for the first half of 2015 looks really strong - much better than the 2014 sets in general.

I'm going to try and resist them and focus on the themes I really want, but some of those sets are calling to me...

NbhDqXZ.png

gzNPseu.png

PK9Drzy.png

Xa8I9rO.png

a2qb9io.png

eSnWGjs.png

vMoo9JS.png

ZbjjM20.png

fGvqH3x.png

R-User!

That phoenix is glorious. If I start buying lego again I might have to make that my first and possibly only chima set ever. Superman versus the phoenix atop fire brigade while joker laughs himself silly in the background at the flaming fire department LET'S GO.

Did you just have (hours ago), an Everything is Awesome moment?!

:)

ghostmind

Hopefully we are only 3 days away from the Detective Agency reveal.

In the interim, j2g should be getting the remainder of the 2015 1H set pics out. Star Wars, CITY, CREATOR, Friends, Ultra Agents and Pirates still to come. I think he still only has prelims of the Elves sets, unless his source updates with some final pics.

theaface

YES! I might buy that set just to build this parrot, it's amazing.

You definitely should! :D Aside from the modular buildings, Mixels are my favourite LEGO product right now - they're great fun to try out combinations whilst relaxing on the sofa, and don't have the daunting barrier to entry like some big MOC sets might have.

As a plus point with the parrot, because it's so simple there are plenty of pieces left over to make something else as well. If you do end up building it, let me know if any aspects aren't clear/obvious, and I'd be happy to share!

Side view:

iuuk

So, I pulled the trigger on the Simpsons House right before I'm moving and can't really afford it. €160 was just too good a deal to pass up.
If only the Haunted House would go OOP over here I might sell that one just to afford new sets.

Thrak360

Neo Member
Found series 12 minfigs at Meijer yesterday, $3.99. Pricey, but I did get two that I was most interested in, Space Miner and Pig Man.

Top Bottom