• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Picked up Santa's Workshop, the 1st Holiday Bonus set, and what I thought was a complete set of S12 minifigures yesterday, but when I got home I realized I got two Wizards and no Princess. :/

So as I feared, the official Slave I announcement appears to be the LEGO Facebook announcement that was on the October calendar, which means we may not get the Detective Agency announcement until November 21st.

:/

Had a crappy day, but it ended with me buying Super Smash Bros and getting 16 brand new minifigs. 6 duplicates though, but they shouldn't be too hard to trade since the figures aren't officially out yet.

Rootbeer

Banned
waiting on my santa's workshop to arrive... maybe by friday? kind of saddneed i missed out on SO MANY nice winter sets... but i have to stay strong, save money for Battle of the Five Armies sets, Slave I and other early 2015 (aka super late 2014) sets... cause it's going to be a motherload of nice stuff.

Oh, and trying to focus more on Halloween since I'm not done building Haunted House :)

At least I do have a pretty nice Christmas display in the works, just it will be dramatically scaled down compared to many of you guys!

I appreciate the info and insight. Is there a way for you guys to prevent people from buying more than one tumbler in the same day other than remembering what they look like? I'm also glad to hear that this will be in stock at the Lego stores more often than people think. I feel bad for the people here who aren't close to one though. :(
Aside from remembering people's faces, I don't think there is unfortunately. If they used their VIP card, then we'd only be able to see the point balance, not what they've actually bought. It would be really helpful if there was some way we could scan the card and then some kind of notification would pop up if we rang up an item they already had, like scan the Tumbler and it'd say "This customer has already reached their purchase limit for this item" or something. But I don't know how difficult something like that would be to implement, and of course the customer could always just not use their VIP card.

Hey Word, do you happen to have any Town Halls at your store?
I'm not sure, the last time I was there we had... I think we had one in the back? But the box was damaged (hence it being in the back). I work tomorrow afternoon so I can check then?

Rootbeer

Banned
Got an Arkham Asylum for $50 today thanks to some bargaining. closest I could ever come to the steal j2g pulled off a while back :p Oh well, I'm happy.

R-User!

Aside from remembering people's faces, I don't think there is unfortunately. If they used their VIP card, then we'd only be able to see the point balance, not what they've actually bought. It would be really helpful if there was some way we could scan the card and then some kind of notification would pop up if we rang up an item they already had, like scan the Tumbler and it'd say "This customer has already reached their purchase limit for this item" or something. But I don't know how difficult something like that would be to implement, and of course the customer could always just not use their VIP card.

I'm not sure, the last time I was there we had... I think we had one in the back? But the box was damaged (hence it being in the back). I work tomorrow afternoon so I can check then?

I gave your store a call (had nothing going on), and they said they didn't have anymore, and I asked if they had any damaged ones in the back or anything perhaps, and they said "no, sorry" to that too... :/

I hope they were lying about the lack of damaged set so that maybe Buffalo could get one.

Buffalo, I also called the Pleasanton, CA store and they said they were sold out too. I tried!

Edit:

Call all stores alphabetically; if you find one that has one then they should ship you one and the shipping shouldn't be outrageous...

Went to the Lego store in Pleasanton, CA on Saturday and bought their last tumbler! Also picked up a Town Hall as well. Double VIP points and two of the Holiday Elf promo sets. In the words of Ice Cube, "Today was a good day".

Noooo I go to the same store and there were only 2 left last week. Don't take all the Town Halls :(

Very interesting. I'm mixed on these sets, but I'm obviously not the target demographic.

I'll get them mostly as parts packs with all those interesting colors. Hair pieces can be used for licensed minifigs. Minidolls are kinda cool. I can see LEGO expanding more into the doll market with these minidolls. I can see LEGO doing their own versions of Monster High, Bratz, magical creatures, etc..

ghostmind

If I buy them, it will be for rare/unique parts. Like those new giant seashells, and scissors, and those weird 6 stem flowers.

The question is whether a set will have enough parts that I want, rather than going to the time and trouble of Bricklinking them.

Ravek

Banned
I didn't think we'd see Marvel or JW this early yet. Have we even heard anything about these sets other than they're happening?

neonglow

I didn't think we'd see Marvel or JW this early yet. Have we even heard anything about these sets other than they're happening?

We'll start seeing the Marvel/JW sets during the London Toy show next year. It'll be similar to how GOTG and TMNT movie sets were revealed to us.

Buffalo, I also called the Pleasanton, CA store and they said they were sold out too. I tried!

Edit:

Call all stores alphabetically; if you find one that has one then they should ship you one and the shipping shouldn't be outrageous...

Thanks as well for the heads up. I might have to start the calls tomorrow. If anyone on gaf sees one pick it up and I will buy it from them (you can have the double VIPs). I will arrange shipping as well.

Ainaurdur

Loving the color scheme. Some of the more saturated colors from Friends, but some darker shades from LOTR and whatnot.

I might be tempted by some of the different colored pieces.
And the colored hairpieces to put on regular minifigs...

But I am not going to be too attached to any of them as a standalone theme. Not quite the elves I was looking for. :D

Hit up my local LEGO store today to pickup Santa's Workshop only to find out they're sold out. Sold out of the new minifig series. Sold out of the Bat and Turkey as well.

Very frustrating as now I have had to order from shop@home and Fedex always damages the boxes.

Have we heard what the second bonus holiday gift is yet?

ghostmind

Hit up my local LEGO store today to pickup Santa's Workshop only to find out they're sold out. Sold out of the new minifig series. Sold out of the Bat and Turkey as well.

Very frustrating as now I have had to order from shop@home and Fedex always damages the boxes.

Have we heard what the second bonus holiday gift is yet?

"Winter Skating Scene", though we don't have an image yet.

ghostmind

zYEDY4Q.jpg

5DfkhcT.jpg

8rlhWax.jpg

1eRMPSl.jpg

Missing:

41074 (Azari and the Magical Bakery)
41075 (The Elves Treetop Hideaway)

Y'know that sailboat really doesn't look too bad. Blues and purples are more neutral/"guy friendly" than the deep/bright pinks and purples they could have used.

Makes me think of Wind Waker actually. I really like that one.

ghostmind

Curious... When might we see Episode 7 set reveals? Or do you think that'll be wrapped up tight until after the films release (i.e. late Dec 2015 or early 2016 -Jan,Feb,Mar-)?

There is no way that we won't see Ep7 sets on store shelves for the film's premiere.

I'm thinking that we see 3 waves in 2015 (January/June/December).

Guaranteed money for LEGO.

(and getting leaks of the Ep7 sets will be the challenge)

One of the UCS sets will be a new Millennium Falcon. It will be the EpVII version with whatever minor changes come with it. That way scalpers keep their precious old Falcon, but everyone else gets one close enough that can be easily modded.

Rootbeer

Banned
UCS Ep VII falcon would be perfectly fine with me!

Would be very easy to mod it into an OT falcon based on the set photos, if one so chose.

And elves is BEAUTIFUL, was already panning on getting at least one but I'll probably get more because those hairpieces are out of this world

wetwired

is there much difference between the new and old one? I love star wars but I'm not that diehard that I could tell without someone pointing them out for me.

Rootbeer

Banned
Well they replaced the iconic round dish on the falcon with a different shape that stands out very clearly. (Here is the scene in RotJ where it gets removed, right after the 6:10 mark.)

Minor episode VII Falcon spoilers:

http://cf.badassdigest.com/_uploads/images/dish.jpg

I'm sure there will be plenty of small changes that are going to add up as we learn more.

Oh... and let's not forget about the mini Dark Knight Trilogy Tumbler they added to the falcon :p I guess that counts?

Still waiting to hear back from LEGO order fulfillment or whatever they are called. The money is back in my account now, so I am assuming the order was completely cancelled for no reason. Yet, still no email or notification or anything about an issue with it.

Such bullshit and a bad experience. I am going to wait until tomorrow and call them back since they said by Wednesday they would have an answer. They should at least give me overnight shipping or whatever after jumping through these hoops. I shouldn't have to go through so many steps. I am still assuming the issue is their computer says my address doesn't exist.

Rootbeer

Banned
I was googling around on the address not existing issue, there are a lot of things you can do to help ensure it's less of a problem in the future by contacting the various companies who keep track of this stuff and having them update their records.

if you plan on living there for a while, i'd get on that asap.

Ryuuroden

Still waiting to hear back from LEGO order fulfillment or whatever they are called. The money is back in my account now, so I am assuming the order was completely cancelled for no reason. Yet, still no email or notification or anything about an issue with it.

Such bullshit and a bad experience. I am going to wait until tomorrow and call them back since they said by Wednesday they would have an answer. They should at least give me overnight shipping or whatever after jumping through these hoops. I shouldn't have to go through so many steps. I am still assuming the issue is their computer says my address doesn't exist.

Knowing them, they may still refuse to ship to you. They refused to ship to my other address even after going through a bunch of shit because the don't bend the rules. Stupid shit.

Just got off the phone with them. Yup. It's and address issue. I asked them to just send it to my work instead and expedite it. But it will still take a day or two to send off so they can verify that. They were nice, but I still hate that I have to jump through hoops.

Urgh.

Ryuuroden

So what addresses in the US are centrally registered, and if you're not on that list you cannot get post? o_O

It's more like LEGO is extremely anal. And what pisses me off is I have had multiple packages stolen because I can't use the address I want to us when it comes to S@H. All other sites I use will ship to that location including foreign japanese sites that are usually pretty anal about such things.

ghostmind

It's more like LEGO is extremely anal. And what pisses me off is I have had multiple packages stolen because I can't use the address I want to us when it comes to S@H. All other sites I use will ship to that location including foreign japanese sites that are usually pretty anal about such things.

Yep, same here. One of my addresses they labeled as a "drop-ship" location, and as of about a year-and-a-half ago they started cancelling any order I tried to send to that address. I called them up and argued with a rep for a while, but they said that it was a change in policy and they could not make exceptions.

I have yet to find any other vendor that refuses to ship there.

Top Bottom