• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

ghostmind

If rumors are to be believed, the Detective Agency reveal is still imminent.

An alleyway down the middle?

A bar on the main floor?

We may know the truth to all of this in the next 24 hours...

Ryuuroden

A bar on the main floor?

Or is it just a badly translated Police Station. I, for one, hope it is indeed a detective agency.

ghostmind

6c6gdgZ.jpg

Yrjxxwr.jpg

3vNOjiO.jpg

cAcsNSJ.jpg

SL640EM.jpg

wM9uIrE.jpg

FX8st2A.jpg

GrmNYjV.jpg

JXBY7qE.jpg

ykb4BKd.jpg

N0tak3e.jpg

Missing:

60065 ATV Patrol
60066 Swamp Police Starter Set
60068 Crooks Swamp Hideout
60070 ???
60071 Hovercraft Pursuit
60074 Bulldozer
60075 Excavator and Transport Truck
60082 Beach Buggy Transport
60087 ???

A bar on the main floor?

I am dying to see this Detective Agency. There's no way it can live up to my dreams.

My dream is that it's a Psych set. :(

loving all the new battle pack/starter set love Lego is doing in 2015. Army building just got easier again.

also loving the new Japanese style motorcycle mold... more than the clunky wide one they've been using

All the swamp sets make me keep thinking of this.

Printed alligator head (new body too?) I feel was unnecessary, but I'm sure they have their reasons.

Muther F...

LEGO cancelled that order I just placed. Apparently it deleted the apartment number from my billing address, so it cancelled the order for it not matching. It already charged me though.

I sent them an email asking what happened. I am pissed.

ghostmind

Muther F...

LEGO cancelled that order I just placed. Apparently it deleted the apartment number from my billing address, so it cancelled the order for it not matching. It already charged me though.

I sent them an email asking what happened. I am pissed.

That suuuuuucks. Hopefully they can straighten things out quickly and get your order on its way ASAP.

That suuuuuucks. Hopefully they can straighten things out quickly and get your order on its way ASAP.

It annoys me because there was no notification of the cancellation. I just went to check the order status and it said cancelled. No explanation. Nothing. No email at all.

I try and check my billing info to update it, and it is correct with the apartment number and everything. But the order doesn't show the apartment number. It is annoying.

Why is shop.lego.com so frustrating every single time I use it? I haven't used it in over a year or so since I started driving so long to a store.

Rootbeer

Banned
Phon,

Sorry it happened, I've had my share of problems with their site. Though nothing that huge!

Just wanted to say that my APT number does not show on my orders either on the S@H site

But when they ship they always have the APT on there. And when I've called them to check or change things, they always quote the APT number to me.

So, are you sure that was the problem?

I will find out tomorrow. Their service line is closed for the night. That is the only issue I can think of. Unless it is the same bullshit with my address supposedly not existing. Everything I have updated with my new address has forced me to call their number because they say it doesn't exist. Yet, I get mail.

Ravek

Banned
I will find out tomorrow. Their service line is closed for the night. That is the only issue I can think of. Unless it is the same bullshit with my address supposedly not existing. Everything I have updated with my new address has forced me to call their number because they say it doesn't exist. Yet, I get mail.

Yeah, that sucks to hear dude. S@H IMO is the only low point of LEGO.

Maybe someone thinks that that giant haul of yours is just too outrageous for one man alone so they're cockblocking you ;)

OR the shop just plain sucks!! i know that for years now i have been using a VIP card that is not recognized in the physical store but works online for some crazy reason

Ryuuroden

I wouldn't doubt its some shit like that. Shop@Home won't let me ship to my UPS Store box which is a physical address just 3rd party so I have to ship it to my apt and when I ship it to my apt, my stuff gets stolen.

Rootbeer

Banned
Yay another dragon :) I'm being genuine! It looks pretty cool.

And I will buy that Parrot. I need to get the recent Monkey creator set which has the tucan build

wetwired

3 days of the Brisbricks expo down and I'm dead on my feet. I've been selling tickets for a raffle out front my booth. We're raffling off a signed ghostbusters set by myself, Marcos Bessa (Ecto-1 designer), Adam Corbally (the minifig designer) Tim Courtney and Sara Moore Community Managers for LEGO Ideas and Business Manager Daiva Naldal.

We have roughly raised about $2k so far with proceeds going towards a local children's hospital charity for care for premature babies.

I've gotta sort through all my photos of the show but I didn't get a chance to get many since I was on the ticket booth all weekend and interacting with patrons, I signed A LOT of Ghostbusters sets (2 seperate people bought in 4 each to sign, I guess they'll be on ebay soon)

I couldn't convince that woman to part with the Tumbler so I ordered it tonight, estimated shipping 6th of Nov :/

I did manage to pick up a few figures I was chasing via trade

batmanfigs.jpg

Bad news is I had to part with my sealed series 1 zombie

I also scored a few star wars figs to get started on ikea frames for each of the Star Wars OT, Yoda, Han, Chewie, Leia. All via trade for minifigs I had dupes of or didn't want.

Anyway this week I'll probably get some good photos of the finished batcave I had on display, but in the meantime check out this which was on display (not mine)

zoolander.jpg

Just wanted to give an update on the Tumbler situation to try and ease people's concerns.

Today at work a customer asked one of the supervisors about the Tumbler and brought up that online, it says that it's sold out for the rest of 2014.

The reason my super gave them, was that Lego has been having a lot of trouble with monitoring the online orders, and resellers have been taking advantage and ordering multiple sets either under the same name or making multiple accounts and placing the orders that way. This, of course, totally screws over people that actually want them.

In an effort to prevent this from happening as much, Lego is apparently allocating their inventory just to Lego Stores for the remainder of the year. That way, they can have a little more control over who's buying them, limiting them to one per household or customer if necessary, etc.

I'm sure this is less than ideal for people that aren't near a Lego store, but the situation should hopefully be back to normal by the beginning of next year. I have no idea if this is something Lego will do with all USC / special sets going forward (Slave 1) or not, just that it's become such a problem with the Tumbler that it's something they're trying out.

Actually working in a Lego Store, I can totally see why they're doing this. When the Mini Cooper came out, we had certain customers trying to buy like 5 at a time. When we'd tell them no, they'd buy one and then come back a few hours later or the following day to try buy another. One idiot came in with his girlfriend, saw we had 5 in stock, and actually had his girlfriend take pictures of him posing with all the boxes as if they were some giant fish he'd caught. There's two guys that have come in multiple times over the past 3 days trying to cheat the 16-per-person limit on the CMF Series 12. A lady came in a week or two ago and wanted to return a Tumbler and when she was looking for the receipt she pulled out like 5 other receipts for Tumblers she had bought at other Lego stores in the area. We hate having to disappoint people by telling them we're out of what they're looking for because it's been bought up by resellers. Hopefully this will fix that so that Lego can get the sets into the hands of people who actually want them. :mad:

I hate scalpers with a passion. They took a lot of the fun out of Transformers collecting and it looks like Lego is becoming popular and with enough rare collectibles to attract the same group.

Rootbeer

Banned
One of my other passions is action figures, mostly 6" scale figures, and yes they are scalped to high heavens. Figures always come in case assortments too, and frequently the case breakdown makes for some figures being rarer. It can be challenging to find some that you want at retail price.

I've never had that issue with LEGO but it looks to be going that way at this rate... especially when you factor in all the reports of LEGO shortages starting to become a problem in some areas.

If this is indeed the reason then I simply hope that LEGO is working on a solution that will let them sell on S@H without problems in the future. Track addresses, names, payment methods, e-mails, whatever they need to do to make sure people are not bypassing the limits. They should track LEGO VIP memberships too.

Resellers who buy legitimately, while annoying, are at least customers. I want to see LEGO and B@M stores take things like this seriously as this is a more devilish problem:

Four_arrested_for_stealing_high_end_Lego_1914700000_7395599_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

This is one of the more high-profile instances, but it is a growing phenomenon. LEGO is more and more a target to thieves and those looking to make easy profit.

Experien

It annoys me because there was no notification of the cancellation. I just went to check the order status and it said cancelled. No explanation. Nothing. No email at all.

I try and check my billing info to update it, and it is correct with the apartment number and everything. But the order doesn't show the apartment number. It is annoying.

Why is shop.lego.com so frustrating every single time I use it? I haven't used it in over a year or so since I started driving so long to a store.

I've only had good luck when using them (outside the EXO Suit). Heck whenever I order a 3 pack of MIXELS they send me double.

Just called customer service. Apparently my order was cancelled within moments of placing it because it failed to meet the initial security checks. Normally when this happens, notifications are NOT sent to the customer until it is firmly cancelled and reverified. Which is bullshit.

So the only thing customer service could do was send info to their ordering team so they can verify it, and only they can finalize pushing through the order or cancelling it. And that will take another 1-2 days.

God dammit. This move has been nothing but a pain in the ass because of our address. Nearly everything we have I have had to call customer service lines because updating our address online is always rejected because we are told it does not exist, despite the fact that the post office delivers here. I am just getting tired of it after a month, and especially so now since that money is on hold so I cannot access it. If it was still in my account, I would just say fuck it and drive an hour to Nashville and spend more money just to not go through the hassle.

I can't wait until all these dumb automated systems accept that my address exists.

Ryuuroden

Me too! I live up in Dublin so its not a far drive at all, wish the store was a bit bigger

At least it's not the Cincinnati store. That store is small! Of all the ones I've been to, the Columbus store is fairly large. The Detroit store has more square footage but only like 5 feet more shelf space. I've been to the Detroit, Indianapolis, Cleveland, Cincinnati, and Columbus stores.

Went to the Lego store in Pleasanton, CA on Saturday and bought their last tumbler! Also picked up a Town Hall as well. Double VIP points and two of the Holiday Elf promo sets. In the words of Ice Cube, "Today was a good day".

Just wanted to give an update on the Tumbler situation to try and ease people's concerns.

Today at work a customer asked one of the supervisors about the Tumbler and brought up that online, it says that it's sold out for the rest of 2014.

The reason my super gave them, was that Lego has been having a lot of trouble with monitoring the online orders, and resellers have been taking advantage and ordering multiple sets either under the same name or making multiple accounts and placing the orders that way. This, of course, totally screws over people that actually want them.

In an effort to prevent this from happening as much, Lego is apparently allocating their inventory just to Lego Stores for the remainder of the year. That way, they can have a little more control over who's buying them, limiting them to one per household or customer if necessary, etc.

I'm sure this is less than ideal for people that aren't near a Lego store, but the situation should hopefully be back to normal by the beginning of next year. I have no idea if this is something Lego will do with all USC / special sets going forward (Slave 1) or not, just that it's become such a problem with the Tumbler that it's something they're trying out.

Actually working in a Lego Store, I can totally see why they're doing this. When the Mini Cooper came out, we had certain customers trying to buy like 5 at a time. When we'd tell them no, they'd buy one and then come back a few hours later or the following day to try buy another. One idiot came in with his girlfriend, saw we had 5 in stock, and actually had his girlfriend take pictures of him posing with all the boxes as if they were some giant fish he'd caught. There's two guys that have come in multiple times over the past 3 days trying to cheat the 16-per-person limit on the CMF Series 12. A lady came in a week or two ago and wanted to return a Tumbler and when she was looking for the receipt she pulled out like 5 other receipts for Tumblers she had bought at other Lego stores in the area. We hate having to disappoint people by telling them we're out of what they're looking for because it's been bought up by resellers. Hopefully this will fix that so that Lego can get the sets into the hands of people who actually want them. :mad:

I appreciate the info and insight. Is there a way for you guys to prevent people from buying more than one tumbler in the same day other than remembering what they look like? I'm also glad to hear that this will be in stock at the Lego stores more often than people think. I feel bad for the people here who aren't close to one though. :(

Hey Word, do you happen to have any Town Halls at your store?

ghostmind

So as I feared, the official Slave I announcement appears to be the LEGO Facebook announcement that was on the October calendar, which means we may not get the Detective Agency announcement until November 21st.

Top Bottom