• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Ponn

Banned
Random Exo Suit available on Amazon again at the time of this posting.

Also despite having bad migraines today started my Halloween display. I don't think I will be able to concentrate enough on building to make anything substantial so will probably be a simple Haunted House centered thing. I did make up some Trick r Treaters. Hulk is going as Iron Man, Aqua Man is going as Sunstorm, Trendy Girl is going as Optmus Prime and Barista is going as Thor. I should probably make some more Avengers. Oh shit since I got the knock off DBZ figs I should make Deadpool go as Vegeta and Wolverine Goku.

ghostmind

lqLIWWN.jpg

iy5xY1M.jpg

IM9UBjO.jpg

YqcZpKd.jpg

Missing: 70169 (4x4 Agent Patrol)

It's like they decided Infearno Interception wasn't QUITE enough like a Lightcycle and so straight up ripped off Tron this time, lol. It does looks cool, though I wonder why they never made a proper Tron line. It's not like Disney refuses to work with them given the Disney Princess sets.

Also like the look of the helicopter; Antimatter reminds me of Ronan from GotG. What's an app brick though?

R-User!

January 1st - there may be a VIP only release in mid-December, but so far there is no info on that.

There may be, but I doubt that they'll have an early VIP a week out from Christmas; gotta save something for those barebones post-Christmas shelves you know... :)

Edit: Ultra Freakin Copter! Looks sleek and menacing: I might try to attempt an AIRWOLF MOC from this if the heavens will allow it!

neonglow

Add me to those getting the UltraCopter. I currently own a similar giant helicopter from the Dino Attack line.

T-1 Typhoon vs. T-Rex (7477)
7477-1.jpg

Europe got the neutered version because the US version was too violent.

Dino Air Tracker (7298)
7298-1.jpg

Zerojul

I guess i'm the only one that likes the MF AT AT. I think its adorable, like a turtle mech or that mech from Ghost in the Shell.

Nope, love it too :)

zC2Ei3p.jpg

Went for Tumbler and Town Hall. A staff member told me about some damaged box sets so I got the Fairground Mixer with a bonus 500 VIP points. They also threw in a 2nd holiday set with a crushed box too. My wife and I are going to work on the Mixer tonight.

Awesome haul, congrats !

That copter is awesome. I like a lot of that Ultra Agents stuff, I think it's becoming one of those lines where I end up getting everything eventually, like Galaxy Squad or Monster Fighters. Storage is becoming a bit of an issue, though :(

ghostmind

Sailing on the high seas just got more dangerous for my LEGO pirates...

jMp34Sv.jpg

Ordered two of these monsters to greet the new 2015 Pirates sets when they arrive.

Ravek

Banned
Add me to those getting the UltraCopter. I currently own a similar giant helicopter from the Dino Attack line.

T-1 Typhoon vs. T-Rex (7477)
7477-1.jpg

Europe got the neutered version because the US version was too violent.

Dino Air Tracker (7298)
7298-1.jpg

They do look similar, don't they? Thanks for reminding me that I missed out on the DINO line...

Edit:

Has this been posted? If so, my bad. If not, box lovers be warned.

Mincraft sets unboxing and sort of put together

Liking the Star Wars 2015 wave so far. Of the MF range I'll get Snowspeeder and AT-AT.

75078 Troop Transport - will get a few of these. Actually really like the vehicle too despite it being very simple.

75079 Shadow Troppers - win/win on both the types of minfigs here, another multi purchase.

75080 AAT - could be useful Tan parts pack but not for me.

75081 T16 - Like the Tuskan raider but will skip this unless it's on sale.

75082 Tie Advanced Prototype - Good minifigs with new lightsaber hilt, is the Tie window new too?

75083 - Really like this set, will be tempted to get a few.

75084 Wookie Gunship - at last a set I can skip.

75086 Troop Carrier - Pointless.

75088 Senate Commando Troops - Not sure about this, might grab one.

75089 Genosis Troppers - Like the walker and the minifigs are cool but not sure yet.

75090 Ezra's SPeeder - Instabuy but shame it's missing Sabine's Mandolorian helmet. Mmmmmm green and orange.

Ravek

Banned
Liking the Star Wars 2015 wave so far. Of the MF range I'll get Snowspeeder and AT-AT.

75078 Troop Transport - will get a few of these. Actually really like the vehicle too despite it being very simple.

75079 Shadow Troppers - win/win on both the types of minfigs here, another multi purchase.

75080 AAT - could be useful Tan parts pack but not for me.

75081 T16 - Like the Tuskan raider but will skip this unless it's on sale.

75082 Tie Advanced Prototype - Good minifigs with new lightsaber hilt, is the Tie window new too?

75083 - Really like this set, will be tempted to get a few.

75084 Wookie Gunship - at last a set I can skip.

75086 Troop Carrier - Pointless.

75088 Senate Commando Troops - Not sure about this, might grab one.

75089 Genosis Troppers - Like the walker and the minifigs are cool but not sure yet.

75090 Ezra's SPeeder - Instabuy but shame it's missing Sabine's Mandolorian helmet. Mmmmmm green and orange.

What is with the Wookie Gunship hate?

What is with the Wookie Gunship hate?

Can't quite place why I don't like it but I just don't. Might have something to do with the fact I think the Wookies in SW Rebels are truly awful so by association the set is poor.

That said there are some good parts though I wonder how many printed parts?

Rootbeer

Banned
It occurred to me what a cool mix Pirates and Atlantis figs/sets are if you only use the underwater species/builds and not the advanced ships and divers.

And I need me some of those big sharks.

*edit*

My S@H Oct 1st order *FINALLY* shipped... and I didn't even get double VIP I got 139 points on a 149.94 order :(

Looks like I have another phone all to make

Ugh... I went to Toys R Us three times this week looking for the series 12 minifigures and Bricktober Theater.

On Thursday they had the theater out on shelves for $20. I took it to the front and the guy rang me up, but it was street dated for today. He told me they'd be putting out the S12 minifigures today as well.

Today I roll in and there's a S12 box with one figure left in it and the Bricktober Theaters aren't on the shelf anymore. The girl tells me a guy came in on Friday and bought the whole box and she also won't sell me the Theater for $20. The manager eventually comes out and lets me purchase the theater because they accidentally put it on the shelves even though I got a flier in the mail saying I could get these $20 sets free if I spend $75 and it's in their POS with a SKU and everything for $20. :/

Experien

Ugh... I went to Toys R Us three times this week looking for the series 12 minifigures and Bricktober Theater.

On Thursday they had the theater out on shelves for $20. I took it to the front and the guy rang me up, but it was street dated for today. He told me they'd be putting out the S12 minifigures today as well.

Today I roll in and there's a S12 box with one figure left in it and the Bricktober Theaters aren't on the shelf anymore. The girl tells me a guy came in on Friday and bought the whole box and she also won't sell me the Theater for $20. The manager eventually comes out and lets me purchase the theater because they accidentally put it on the shelves even though I got a flier in the mail saying I could get these $20 sets free if I spend $75 and it's in their POS with a SKU and everything for $20. :/

I so wish there was a TRU near me. Not all the bricks for the Brictober Theater is available via BrickLink and it is already over $21 with the pieces they have.

Popped into Westfirld Stratford yesterday on the way home from a wedding, was tempted to get the Tumbler as I have £150 of points but I might leave it for now and save them for Slave 1.

I did pick up a nice haul from the PAB though

Ryuuroden

Popped into Westfirld Stratford yesterday on the way home from a wedding, was tempted to get the Tumbler as I have £150 of points but I might leave it for now and save them for Slave 1.

I did pick up a nice haul from the PAB though

Hehe, I counted up the 2x2 tan tiles that I picked up yesterday. 3343 of them :), pretty much an entire plastic shoebox.

zC2Ei3p.jpg

Went for Tumbler and Town Hall. A staff member told me about some damaged box sets so I got the Fairground Mixer with a bonus 500 VIP points. They also threw in a 2nd holiday set with a crushed box too. My wife and I are going to work on the Mixer tonight.

Which store was this at? Now that Town Hall is on the way out I went tho the Columbus Easton store yesterday to see if they had it. They said is hasn't been in their store for 6 months. Will stores that have it ship it out to a home address?

Ultra Agents to me is way cooler than the Marvel and DC stuff (for the most part) I mean Batman Tumbler is sweet but really the Superhero sets do nothing for me and I am not really inclined to collect minifigs except for a few for MOC Diaramas maybe. Ultra Agents on the other hand has way cool sets. I have not gotten any yet but I will probably end up getting most if not all of them. They just look so fun and some look like they would be sweet to display (like the tron vehicle).

Yup. TLG has been consistently knocking it out the park with their original themes for a while now. Really glad to see Ultra Agebts receive a second wave... unlike my beloved Alien Conquest.

Ainaurdur

Yeah, the whole time I watched it I was thinking: "Nope! No, no no no!" , "Why?!" , "WTF", "My kids don't do that/My kids can do better".

Heh, I had to stop the video halfway. My heart could not handle it.

Besides, Orthanc will not build itself! Just started bag 4.

Been meaning to show this off for a while. My custom LEGO Drawer Unit.
I used drawer units that were being tossed out at work and the plastic containers are from a knockoff brand of those Stanleys.
That is really nice. I am still debating buying more Stanley SortMasters or switching to some other method.

neonglow

New Electro minifigure based on The Amazing Spider-Man 2 found on eBay! It was given away during LEGO KidsFest in Virginia this weekend.

Been meaning to show this off for a while. My custom LEGO Drawer Unit.

I used drawer units that were being tossed out at work and the plastic containers are from a knockoff brand of those Stanleys.

So jealous. I'm about to start on my sorting having let it get out of control but not sure if I should start by colour or type just yet. Once I have space and a system I see it being sorted by type but not sure how to start it out.

Let me do a show and tell....

This is the main one, it's about 30cm deep, no idea how many bricks in there;

Then I have two of these, some will be sorted so technic will be away from system but that's it;

And this stack;

Whaaaa?

Amazing Spider-Man 2 polybag

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=danRXz6uKh8

Didn't know they had the movie license? Well where is my Days Of Future Past sets LEGO get on the ball! Is that Blackbird set the closet we can get?

At least give us a Future Wolverine polybag that'd be easy to knock out.
Marvel and Fox aren't playing nice right now. They're getting rid of mutants in the comics and ending the Fantastic Four book or something, because they're so pissed at how Fox has been handling them and don't want to promote those properties anymore. There's a big thread about it in OT I think.

But yes that Blackbird is the only X-Men set we're gonna get. I was surprised they even released one at all. Who knows if we'll get a FF set next year with the way things are going behind the scenes.

Ravek

Banned
Marvel and Fox aren't playing nice right now. They're getting rid of mutants in the comics and ending the Fantastic Four book or something, because they're so pissed at how Fox has been handling them and don't want to promote those properties anymore. There's a big thread about it in OT I think.

But yes that Blackbird is the only X-Men set we're gonna get. I was surprised they even released one at all. Who knows if we'll get a FF set next year with the way things are going behind the scenes.

I wouldn't expect a FF or another X-Men set anytime soon. We will get Avengers 2 and Antman sets next year and I wouldn't be suprised if we got a Daredevil set or two.

Hell, we would prob get an Agents of Shield set before FF/X-Men. Disney/Marvel...so much salt.

mojiimbo

Which store was this at? Now that Town Hall is on the way out I went tho the Columbus Easton store yesterday to see if they had it. They said is hasn't been in their store for 6 months. Will stores that have it ship it out to a home address?
They should be able to. You'll have to pay for shipping though($10-20 maybe), even if it's over $75.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
What's the best way to sell some lego sets? Does bricklink work if you only have a few to sell? Want to get rid of some of my unopened sets (helms deep x2, ninjago Fire temple, haunted house, and highway hauler), and an opened/built sopwith camel.

What's the best way to sell some lego sets? Does bricklink work if you only have a few to sell? Want to get rid of some of my unopened sets (helms deep x2, ninjago Fire temple, haunted house, and highway hauler), and an opened/built sopwith camel.
I'm sure someone here would want the haunted house. Also, there's a lego marketplace thread on GAF.

I need a helms deep for my collection. Missed most LOTR sets as my dark ages just ended this year.

Ryuuroden

Whoa, cool, Columbus Easton is my local store too :) Nice to meet you, fellow Central Ohioan.

Top Bottom