• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Jimbro72

As repentance you must go buy one of the UCS Star Wars sets you don't have.

You shall pay dearly once the new Star Wars movies come out EVERY year.

Well, that only leaves the new X-Wing which may or may not get bought on BF, depending of what kind of deals they have, if any. Unless I buy Orthanc first, in case that one doesn't stick around as long as the X-Wing will.

I'm already planning on paying dearly when the new movies come out. Hopefully by then the only other line I'm collecting is City to make it easier on the budget.

Don't think I can do it. I mustn't. The completist in me couldn't just buy a single set from a line without it leading to a few others and next thing you know, I'm trying to track down them all. It already happened with the LOTR/Hobbit sets. And it's why I still have no GS sets and no Friends sets. Lines must be drawn on what I have space and money to collect. Plus, honestly, I've never been a huge Marvel Legends or Super Heroes fan. It's always and only, been Star Wars for me.

The Power Armor is an absolutely classic "Superhero" motif. The Golden Age characters with the larger-than-life armor are a perfect reflection of comic books from days past.

Buy it. Go.

Don't think I can do it. I mustn't. The completist in me couldn't just buy a single set from a line without it leading to a few others and next thing you know, I'm trying to track down them all. It already happened with the LOTR/Hobbit sets. And it's why I still have no GS sets and no Friends sets. Lines must be drawn on what I have space and money to collect. Plus, honestly, I've never been a huge Marvel Legends or Super Heroes fan. It's always and only, been Star Wars for me.

One of the best super hero sets out there. And it's so CHEAP. Buy it

Jimbro72

It's like an intervention up in here! So much enabling going on. Lol.

Here's the thing. I never was into comics back in the 70's, 80's and on up so that is why these classic super heroes just don't resonate with me the way they do with a lot of people. I understand how huge and popular they are to most but to me, I just don't feel that same draw to buy them as with a lot of you. And seriously, I do not need another line to collect. My backlog is plenty big enough as it is.

The big things for me back from my childhood were Star Wars, G.I. Joe, LEGO and video games. Now if LEGO ever got the G.I. Joe license (yeah, I know, never gonna happen), then I'd be in big trouble.

The big things for me back from my childhood were Star Wars, G.I. Joe, LEGO and video games. Now if LEGO ever got the G.I. Joe license (yeah, I know, never gonna happen), then I'd be in big trouble.

If they did a G.I. Joe line I would Bricklink so many Crimson Guardsmen and build my very own Springfield.

I used to try and build my own M.A.S.K. characters out of LEGO.

ghostmind

It's like an intervention up in here! So much enabling going on. Lol.

Here's the thing. I never was into comics back in the 70's, 80's and on up so that is why these classic super heroes just don't resonate with me the way they do with a lot of people. I understand how huge and popular they are to most but to me, I just don't feel that same draw to buy them as with a lot of you. And seriously, I do not need another line to collect. My backlog is plenty big enough as it is.

I think that you and I are similar when it comes to collecting habits, though your LEGO SW collection is far more complete than mine.

When I started this hobby, I was just getting the SW sets, but then it quickly expanded to include the modulars, other direct sets, lotr and hobbit, super heroes, monster fighters, friends, galaxy squad, creator houses and more, and now city.

Now, with the 2014 sets almost upon us, i'm thinking of contracting the themes I collect to just a few. It's not just money, but storage and time commitment as well.

So yeah, we all need to draw a line somewhere - especially those of us that tend to be completionists.

Jimbro72

I think that you and I are similar when it comes to collecting habits, though your LEGO SW collection is far more complete than mine.

When I started this hobby, I was just getting the SW sets, but then it quickly expanded to include the modulars, other direct sets, lotr and hobbit, super heroes, monster fighters, friends, galaxy squad, creator houses and more, and now city.

Now, with the 2014 sets almost upon us, i'm thinking of contracting the themes I collect to just a few. It's not just money, but storage and time commitment as well.

Yep, we do sound very similar in our collecting ways. I was only SW from the time the line started until Jan. of this year. That is when I jumped full on into other lines, starting off with a discounted Fire Brigade set. Since then, it's been very close to your other lines, though not quite the extent. For me, it's City sets, Mods and other direct sets, LOTR and hobbit, monster fighters, creator houses and.....is that it? Oh shit, no, I also bought all the Castle stuff and Lone Ranger stuff, though all at nice discounts which helped. I also bought 4 Technic sets this year.

And like you, I'm thinking of paring back a bit, too. Thankfully, there will be no LR, no MF and no Castle stuff (that I know of) for '14. I'll still be all in to SW, City, mods and direct stuff and LOTR/Hobbit. Beyond that, maybe not much. There were a few of the LEGO Movie sets that I will be wanting (and thankfully only a few), a few creator sets and the Simpsons stuff. I think that's it....I hope that's it.

If it makes you feel better about Lex's Power Armor, it is the only set available with Superman in his comic costume. And only Wonder Woman set. So you would have the complete collection of the Wonder Woman line. :)

cassidyarch

Neo Member
I second, or triple, or whatever the Superman Power Armor set. It might be the only way to ever get a classic red undies Superman. I think I'll buy a second one.

Kmart is selling the Garmatron set for $21 (it's usually $39) I picked one up yesterday. Strangest set I've ever built. Ever. It's a rolling tank...face...thing. But I liked the black curve windshields and the rounded quarter domes.

cassidyarch

Neo Member
REALLY want that Sail Barge for Ree Yees and Max Rebo. Brinklinking them alone would be halfway to the price of the set.

Crossing my fingers for a Max Rebo Band standalone set someday.

ghostmind

All of the LEGO Movie sets are now on S@H for a Dec. 29th release:

70800 Getaway Glider; 104pcs; $12.99
70801 Melting Room; 122pcs; $12.99
70802 Bad Cop's Pursuit; 314pcs; $29.99
70803 Cloud Cuckoo Palace; 197pcs; $19.99
70804 Ice Cream Machine; 344pcs; $29.99
70805 Trash Chomper; 389pcs; $29.99
70806 Castle Cavalry; 424pcs; $29.99
70807 MetalBeard's Duel; 412pcs; $34.99
70808 Super Cycle Chase; 514pcs; $49.99
70809 Lord Business' Evil Lair; 738pcs; $69.99
70811 Flying Flusher; 351pcs; $29.99
70812 Creative Ambush; 473pcs; $39.99
70813 Rescue Reinforcements; 859pcs; $69.99

The MSRP on this theme is fantastic!

Fowler

knRBB2eh.jpg

No Red Five X-Wing?

Fail.

neonglow

I've been collecting a lot of the same sets and could possibly recreate this picture.

However, there's no way this person got all these in a single haul like the Reddit poster mentioned.
There's so many OOP sets like Apple Tree House, City Bank, Slave 1 and the CUUSOO satellite set.

neonglow

All of the LEGO Movie sets are now on S@H for a Dec. 29th release:

70800 Getaway Glider; 104pcs; $12.99
70801 Melting Room; 122pcs; $12.99
70802 Bad Cop's Pursuit; 314pcs; $29.99
70803 Cloud Cuckoo Palace; 197pcs; $19.99
70804 Ice Cream Machine; 344pcs; $29.99
70805 Trash Chomper; 389pcs; $29.99
70806 Castle Cavalry; 424pcs; $29.99
70807 MetalBeard's Duel; 412pcs; $34.99
70808 Super Cycle Chase; 514pcs; $49.99
70809 Lord Business' Evil Lair; 738pcs; $69.99
70811 Flying Flusher; 351pcs; $29.99
70812 Creative Ambush; 473pcs; $39.99
70813 Rescue Reinforcements; 859pcs; $69.99

The MSRP on this theme is fantastic!

I like that a lot of the sets are under the 10 cents/piece price point and the Rescue Reinforcement set looks mispriced by that big difference. That's LEGO Creator style pricing.

I wonder if the overpriced sets like Jabba's Palace or UCS B-wing or Coast Guard Patrol sets just weren't selling at their inflated price points. Most stores have been selling them at big discounts.

Gorzan's Gorilla Striker is $32.50 right now! I know some of you guys wanted this mech.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C1C2RV0/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Silver Mine Shootout is $42.99 on Amazon...$37.50 if you buy from Kaplan Toys with free shipping

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Ranger-Silver-Shootout-79110/dp/B00ATX7JR0

Edit: Scratch the Kaplan Toys option. The 10 they had in stock are now gone.

Galaxy Squad Hive Crawler is $43 at Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CMHWTR6

Arguably THE best GS set. Could possibly be showing up on some Top 5's of 2013 lists soon.
Two beastly sets for krazy prices. Seriously cannot recommend these two enough.

Edit: regarding the mega haul pic, I just went through all my boxes and put them in storage. Tempted to reassemble them just to see how epic of a pic it would be. Nothing like that, but still a lot for only being in this again for just under two years.

flyingpig

Neo Member
Hmm. MIDI Star Destroyer, Slave I, Jedi Starfighter and Apple Tree House. Odd random handful of older sets.

No technic makes me sad.

I wonder if Lego's strategy with the movie sets' prices is to get fans of the film hooked on the product by making the entry level easier and then the hook being that "hey, I own lego pieces so let me get more to build more" or ie. Lego being awesome cuz they're Lego

O_O

No wonder Legends of Chima isn't selling well.

Galaxy Squad Hive Crawler is $43 at Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CMHWTR6

Arguably THE best GS set. Could possibly be showing up on some Top 5's of 2013 lists soon.

That's the last of GS sets I want (unless I find 50% off or better on the other bigger sets). I'm resisting...such a great price too. My wife is really on the border of tolerating my habit right now and I don't want to push her too much. I can't have a large package of LEGO arrive again so soon since the last one. I could buy some LEGO for her nephews for XMas presents and sneak it in there. Hmmm...

Got an email this morning from BN. This weekend all the non Architecture LEGO will be BOGO 50% off. And there is also a 30% off coupon for the weekend. Combine those with the member 10% discount and that brings some stuff down pretty cheap.
Worth checking out for older sets too. Place near home still has Helm's Deep and Mines of Moria in for example.

Wanted to get people's opinion. Have a little bit of money to spend and am contemplating one of the following sets:

Arkham Asylum
R2D2
Horizon Express

Which set should I get first? I guess the better question is which set will most likely go OOP sooner? Thanks guys!

Edit: Anyone know when the Haunted House is going OOP? I have one already but might consider picking up another.

Y-Wing is 34.99 today at TRU. It's part of their Wednesday sale, but from my experience unless you are there first thing in the morning usually they are long gone.

ghostmind

Even though we don't have pics, we do have somewhat mangled set names and descriptions:

76014 (Spider-Trike vs. Electro)
Electro sow terror among the population to soar with his terrifying power surges under his feet, and a diamond he has just stolen. Above their heads
only Spider-Man can have power to break through the amazing Spider-Trike.
use the ejector seat to Spider-Man to launch in the direction of his nemesis and settle in favor of the heroes.'s advocates included Spider-Man and new exclusive Electro mini figures with an accessory.

76015 (Doc Ock Truck Roof)
Doctor Octopus has money, diamonds and gold needed to fund ... his evil plans, so he decided to pick up as only villains that can! Off money
using its adjustable arms to tear the roof of the armored car and blow the back open with dynamite and the secret button while the driver searches coverage.
But what is that?
Spider-Man has Doc Ock spotted and dives into action!
Can he keep him at bay with his super strong spider?
Includes 3 minifigures: Spider-Man, Doc Ock and a truck driver .

76016 (Spider-Helicopter Rescue)
Fly Mary Jane to help in the rapid Spider-Helicopter now she has been taken by the evil Green Goblin that her way is flown to his terrifying glider. Trapped
Jump into the helicopter and help Power Man and Spider-Man to webnet to the Green shoot Goblin.
Failing that, let Spider-Man then fall out of the helicopter and sling his girlfriend to help to bring her to safety.
Includes 3 minifigures:
Spider-Man, Power Man and Mary Jane, and Green Goblin figure .

76017 (Captain America vs. Hydra)
The evil Red Skull has conquered the cosmic cube and bring chaos in the world with its Hydra off-road vehicle with working suspension, rotating turret and twin missiles.
Hop on a motorcycle and send Captain America it off to save the situation.
Will he manage to disarm his impenetrable shield and recapture the cosmic cube him?
Includes 3 minifigures with various accessories:
Captain America, Red Skull and Hydra accomplice.

76018 (Hulk Demolition Party)
Deep in the underground laboratory of the AIM organization Thor held captive by Taskmaster and poor MODOK.
Help Falcon to break in and overpower while Hulk smash through the wall of the lab and wreaks havoc! super villains
Can he laser cannon destroy hammer strength and shields smash to save Thor from his secure cell?
Only you can decide.
Includes 4 minifigures with various weapons:
Thor, Falcon, MODOK and Taskmaster plus Hulk figure.

ghostmind

S@H Cyber Monday Deals, via Toys N Bricks:

LEGO Cyber Monday 2013 Sales are valid only on Monday December 2, 2013 or while supplies last.

2013 LEGO Cyber Monday Promotions

FREE Limited Edition Holiday Set with purchase of $99 or more.
FREE $10 Gift Card with purchase of $149 or more. (online only)
FREE Shipping on all orders (no minimum).
Receive a Free THE LEGO® MOVIE™ poster sticker to customize your Palace Cinema. (valid until December 31st)
FREE Exclusive Clone Trooper™ Lieutenant with LEGO® Star Wars™ purchases of $50 or more! (valid until December 31st)

2013 Cyber Monday LEGO Sales

9468 LEGO® Monster Fighters Vampyre Castle 20% - CM
7347 LEGO® Creator Highway Pickup 20% - CM
6869 LEGO® Super Heroes Quinjet Aerial Battle 20% - CM
6864 LEGO® Super Heroes The Batmobile and the Two-Face Chase 20% - CM
4433 LEGO® City Dirt Bike Transporter 50% - CM
6863 LEGO® Super Heroes Batwing Battle Over Gotham City 20% - CM
9470 LEGO® The Lord of the Rings™ Shelob™ Attacks 30% - CM
41011 LEGO® Friends Stephanie's Soccer Practice 50% - CM
9447 LEGO® Ninjago Lasha's Bite Cycle 20% - CM
7292 LEGO® Creator Propeller Adventures 20% - CM
6858 LEGO® Super Heroes Catwoman Catcycle City Chase 20% - CM

Even though we don't have pics, we do have somewhat mangled set names and descriptions:

76014 (Spider-Trike vs. Electro)
76015 (Doc Ock Truck Roof)
76016 (Spider-Helicopter Rescue)
76017 (Captain America vs. Hydra)
76018 (Hulk Demolition Party)

I will buy all just based on minifigs we get in those sets. Falcon! Red Skull! Electro! Hydra! MODOK! Hulk in purple pants!

ghostmind

LEGO Friday 2013 Promotions and Sales are valid from November 29th to December 2nd or while supplies.

2013 LEGO Black Friday Promotions

FREE Limited Edition Holiday Set with purchase of $99 or more.
FREE $10 Gift Card with purchase of $149 or more. (online only)
FREE Shipping on all orders (no minimum).
Receive a Free THE LEGO® MOVIE™ poster sticker to customize your Palace Cinema. (valid until December 31st)
FREE Exclusive Clone Trooper™ Lieutenant with LEGO® Star Wars™ purchases of $50 or more! (valid until December 31st)

2013 Black Friday LEGO Sales

10557 LEGO® DUPLO® LEGO® DUPLO® Giant Tower 50%
70011 LEGO® Chima Eagle's Castle 50%
5000248 LEGO® Storage 3-Drawer Storage Unit 50%
5001164 LEGO® Storage LEGO FRIENDS 3-Drawer Storage Unit 50%
3920 LEGO® The Hobbit™ The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey™ 50%
5002679 LEGO® Chima LEGO® Legends of Chima Classic Backpack 50%
70115 LEGO® Chima Ultimate Speedor Tournament 50%
6051 LEGO® DUPLO® LEGO® DUPLO® Play with Letters 50%
21201 Life of George 50%
5002677 LEGO® Moleskine 2014 Large Daily Planner 50%
850506 Card Making Kit 50%
5002676 LEGO® Moleskine 2014 Large Weekly Planner 50%
5002675 LEGO® Moleskine 2014 Daily Pocket Planner 50%
70113 LEGO® Chima CHI Battles 50%
70114 LEGO® Chima Sky Joust 50%
850775 LEGO® Chima LEGO® Legends of Chima™ Speedorz™ Storage Bag 50%
5002195 LEGO® Ninjago LEGO® Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu Season Two 50%
5002202 LEGO® Super Heroes LEGO® Batman - The Movie: DC Super Heroes Unite DVD 50%
5002674 LEGO® Moleskine 2014 Weekly Pocket Planner 50%
850797 Classic Wall Stickers 50%
70100 LEGO® Chima Ring of Fire 50%
70101 LEGO® Chima Target Practice 50%
70102 LEGO® Chima CHI Waterfall 50%
70103 LEGO® Chima Boulder Bowling 50%
70104 LEGO® Chima Jungle Gates 50%
70105 LEGO® Chima Nest Dive 50%
70106 LEGO® Chima Ice Tower 50%
70107 LEGO® Chima Skunk Attack 50%
70108 LEGO® Chima Royal Roost 50%
70109 LEGO® Chima Whirling Vines 50%
70110 LEGO® Chima Tower Target 50%
70111 LEGO® Chima Swamp Jump 50%
70112 LEGO® Chima Croc Chomp 50%
853393 LEGO® Friends LEGO® Friends Picture Frame 50%
5002198 LEGO® Star Wars™ LEGO® Star Wars™: The Empire Strikes Out 50%
850487 Halloween Accessory Set 50%
850611 LEGO® Chima Cragger Shield 50%
850614 LEGO® Chima Laval Shield 50%
850777 LEGO® Chima LEGO® Legends of Chima™ Accessory Set 50%
6758 LEGO® DUPLO® Grow Caterpillar Grow! 50%
6760 LEGO® DUPLO® Let's Go! Vroom! 50%
10559 LEGO® DUPLO® A Fairy Tale 50%
2856205 LEGO® Storage LEGO® Portable Storage Case with Baseplate (BLUE) 50%
2856206 LEGO® Storage LEGO® Portable Storage Case with Baseplate (RED) 50%
850612 LEGO® Chima Cragger Sword 50%
41001 LEGO® Friends Mia's Magic Tricks 50%
41002 LEGO® Friends Emma's Karate Class 50%
9678 LEGO® Star Wars™ Twin-Pod Cloud Car™ & Bespin™ 50%
853144 LEGO® 2x4 Brick Coin Bank 50%
40052 Springtime Scene 50%
5001261 LEGO® Storage LEGO® Sorting Trays 50%
850682 LEGO® The Hobbit LEGO® The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey™ Bilbo Baggins™ Magnet 50%
850681 LEGO® The Lord of the Rings™ LEGO® The Lord of the Rings™ Frodo Baggins™ Magnet 50%
853375 LEGO® City LEGO® City Firefighter Key Chain 50%
5685 LEGO® DUPLO® Vet 50%
850453 LEGO® Monster Fighters LEGO® Monster Fighters The Monster Key Chain 50%
853403 LEGO® Ninjago LEGO® Ninjago Hypnobrai Key Chain 50%
850443 LEGO® Ninjago LEGO® Ninjago Key Chain Snake 50%
850529 LEGO® Super Heroes LEGO® Marvel Super Heroes Loki Key Chain 50%
850680 LEGO® The Hobbit LEGO® The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey™ Bilbo Baggins™ Key Chain 50%
850674 LEGO® The Lord of the Rings™ LEGO® The Lord of the Rings™ Frodo Baggins™ Key Chain 50%
850800 Hedgehog Bag Charm 50%
71001 LEGO® Minifigures LEGO® Minifigures Series 10 50%
71000 LEGO® Minifigures LEGO® Minifigures Series 9 50%
853240 Minifigure Wrapping Paper 50%
79010 LEGO® The Hobbit The Goblin King Battle 30%
79002 LEGO® The Hobbit Attack of the Wargs 30%
70003 LEGO® Chima Eris' Eagle Interceptor 23%
10230 LEGO® Creator Expert Mini Modulars 20%
3818 LEGO® SpongeBob™ Bikini Bottom Undersea Party 20%
21004 LEGO® Architecture Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum® 20%
21007 LEGO® Architecture Rockefeller Plaza® 20%
70012 LEGO® Chima Razar's CHI Raider 20%
6231 LEGO® Hero Factory SPEEDA DEMON 20%
5766 LEGO® Creator Log Cabin 20%
70002 LEGO® Chima Lennox's Lion Attack 20%
6230 LEGO® Hero Factory STORMER XL 20%
3817 LEGO® SpongeBob™ The Flying Dutchman 20%
21000 LEGO® Architecture Willis Tower 20%
3816 LEGO® SpongeBob™ Glove World 20%
3183 LEGO® Friends Stephanie's Cool Convertible 20%
3815 LEGO® SpongeBob™ Heroic Heroes of the Deep 20%
6223 LEGO® Hero Factory BULK 20%
6283 LEGO® Hero Factory VOLTIX 20%
3939 LEGO® Friends Mia's Bedroom 20%
6221 LEGO® Hero Factory NEX 20%
6282 LEGO® Hero Factory STRINGER 20%
41017 LEGO® Friends Squirrel's Tree House 20%
41018 LEGO® Friends Cat's Playground 20%
41019 LEGO® Friends Turtle's Little Oasis 20%
41020 LEGO® Friends Hedgehog's Hideaway 20%
41021 LEGO® Friends Poodle's Little Palace 20%
41022 LEGO® Friends Bunny's Hutch 20%
41023 LEGO® Friends Fawn's Forest 20%
41024 LEGO® Friends Parrot's Perch 20%
41025 LEGO® Friends Puppy's Playhouse 20%
31000 LEGO® Creator Mini Speeder 20%
31001 LEGO® Creator Mini Skyflyer 20%
70006 LEGO® Chima Cragger's Command Ship 19%
70009 LEGO® Chima Worriz' Combat Lair 11%
70008 LEGO® Chima Gorzan's Gorilla Striker 10%

So how are LEGO with replacing missing parts from sets?

Bought 76005 Spider-Man: Daily Bugle and 6873 Doc Ock Ambush from Target (20% off) and assembled them both last night, only to find one of the 4507820 pieces (from Doc Ock's mechanical arms) is not in the set.

I can see there's a service in US, but for the AU site, there's only a contact number.

Have any of you had any experience with claiming missing pieces?

No triple VIP then? Glad I ordered now.

I'm sad now. I was hoping for triple VIP points again so I could get a modular set in store. Oh well.

This guy's motorcycles are amazing.

2sR9nll.jpg

Almost thought that was offical LEGO minifigs. Well done.

Amazing indeed! Photos are a bit too bright for my tastes, but he does a wonderful job with the builds, composition, and such.

Ponn

Banned
Well I feel alot better now going the route I did for Black Friday now, nothing I was looking at on sale. Plus I get another free bear to give to a certain someone for Christmas and get 3 new Lego sets being delivered right on my birthday.

I have to say anyone, ANYONE, buying from Lego S@H on BF that doesn't own Unexpected Gathering and doesn't buy it for 50% are only doing themselves a disservice missing out on one of the absolute best LoTR/Hobbit sets. No scratch that, just an all around feel good and look good set.

edit: Scratch that, its just the stupid game. Well, I mean scratch the 50% off thing but people should still pick up Unexpected Gathering anyways. Geez, that looks more like a clearance of excess baggage sale now.

neonglow

Well I feel alot better now going the route I did for Black Friday now, nothing I was looking at on sale. Plus I get another free bear to give to a certain someone for Christmas and get 3 new Lego sets being delivered right on my birthday.

I have to say anyone, ANYONE, buying from Lego S@H on BF that doesn't own Unexpected Gathering and doesn't buy it for 50% are only doing themselves a disservice missing out on one of the absolute best LoTR/Hobbit sets. No scratch that, just an all around feel good and look good set.

edit: Scratch that, its just the stupid game. Well, I mean scratch the 50% off thing but people should still pick up Unexpected Gathering anyways. Geez, that looks more like a clearance of excess baggage sale now.

Yeah, it is just the board game. The discounts don't seem that great. Just a bunch of Chima sets no one really wants. LEGO usually discounts the stuff that will be OOP soon so if you see anything you like, probably good idea to get it.

3920_alt1.jpg

Top Bottom