• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

flyingpig

Neo Member
S@H Cyber Monday Deals, via Toys N Bricks:

LEGO Cyber Monday 2013 Sales are valid only on Monday December 2, 2013 or while supplies last.

2013 LEGO Cyber Monday Promotions

FREE Limited Edition Holiday Set with purchase of $99 or more.
FREE $10 Gift Card with purchase of $149 or more. (online only)
FREE Shipping on all orders (no minimum).
Receive a Free THE LEGO® MOVIE™ poster sticker to customize your Palace Cinema. (valid until December 31st)
FREE Exclusive Clone Trooper™ Lieutenant with LEGO® Star Wars™ purchases of $50 or more! (valid until December 31st)

2013 Cyber Monday LEGO Sales

9468 LEGO® Monster Fighters Vampyre Castle 20% - CM
7347 LEGO® Creator Highway Pickup 20% - CM
6869 LEGO® Super Heroes Quinjet Aerial Battle 20% - CM
6864 LEGO® Super Heroes The Batmobile and the Two-Face Chase 20% - CM
4433 LEGO® City Dirt Bike Transporter 50% - CM
6863 LEGO® Super Heroes Batwing Battle Over Gotham City 20% - CM
9470 LEGO® The Lord of the Rings™ Shelob™ Attacks 30% - CM
41011 LEGO® Friends Stephanie's Soccer Practice 50% - CM
9447 LEGO® Ninjago Lasha's Bite Cycle 20% - CM
7292 LEGO® Creator Propeller Adventures 20% - CM
6858 LEGO® Super Heroes Catwoman Catcycle City Chase 20% - CM

This confuses me. Is this in store prices or something? I haven't seen the Catwoman set anywhere in ages. Castle for $80 is a deal.

flyingpig

Neo Member
Plus the giftcard deal. Probably makes B&N worth going to on BF, oddly enough. Looks like the struggling retailers are pulling out all the stops. First TRU, now B&N. Office Max/Depot are better than last yer for a change as well.

Nook deals are great at B&N right now.

So how are LEGO with replacing missing parts from sets?

Bought 76005 Spider-Man: Daily Bugle and 6873 Doc Ock Ambush from Target (20% off) and assembled them both last night, only to find one of the 4507820 pieces (from Doc Ock's mechanical arms) is not in the set.

I can see there's a service in US, but for the AU site, there's only a contact number.

Have any of you had any experience with claiming missing pieces?

In Germany their service is impeccable, they are sure to send you a replacement piece if you describe your predicament.

wetwired

So how are LEGO with replacing missing parts from sets?

Bought 76005 Spider-Man: Daily Bugle and 6873 Doc Ock Ambush from Target (20% off) and assembled them both last night, only to find one of the 4507820 pieces (from Doc Ock's mechanical arms) is not in the set.

I can see there's a service in US, but for the AU site, there's only a contact number.

Have any of you had any experience with claiming missing pieces?

I've always done it through the website, that was a couple of years ago though, they sent replacements, took a while though. I'm in Brisbane

I've always done it through the website, that was a couple of years ago though, they sent replacements, took a while though. I'm in Brisbane

Took me over a month to get mine as well, and I'm in Canada.

It turned out to be the wrong color piece too. I probably selected the wrong one.

Kuntz

Oh god help me.

I still haven't finished my haul from the Lego Store 2 weeks ago.

Went to buy some groceries.

Back with firemen truck (60002), spinning truck (60018) and roadster show (10655).

What the hell

That stupid Warg set has been $30 all day at my local TRU (it's regularly $60).

Do you have any idea the willpower I've had to exert upon myself not to rush out and buy it?

I don't even know what a Warg is.
77805_304318676348257_2011093051_o1-1-.jpg

ruxtpin

Banned
I feel like the Warg set makes a pretty good parts back. Decent figs, lots of foliage and good mix of brown and gray pieces.

In Germany their service is impeccable, they are sure to send you a replacement piece if you describe your predicament.

Fingers crossed, logged mine yesterday.

Just doing a Google search I found the phone contact, so I used that method.

Spoke to a bloke in the US, so the AU number gets sent overseas anyway, but the service was great. Took name, address and part number, quoted 21 days and that was it. Can't complain.

I imagine so close to Christmas the delivery will probably be crazier anyway, but I'm not in a rush. Did a part piece check online and I had the piece I was missing in a few of my Star Wars sets which are currently in storage, so I just robbed it from one of those temporarily.

Mr Mike

1 million Canadian dollars
As an aside, I have had nothing but great experience from the replacement parts service - it's very impressive that LEGO always just replaces pieces no questions asked.

Death Star had some basic, easily found, pieces missing. I logged them and they were replaced in days.
Winter Village Bakery had a plate that was broken before I opened it. LEGO sent a replacement within a week.
Palace Cinema uses 16 beige 1x2 plates with knobs, but my batch were different - some had grooves, others didn't. No right or wrong choice for the model, as it's all cosmetic. But I had them in odd numbers so it never looked right. Wrote to LEGO explaining it. They sent me 32 - 16 of each variety - so I could work out what one I preferred.

That's just three examples. I also bought a second hand set with a missing piece, wrote to LEGO asking to buy it, and they sent it gratis.

Maybe they see through the enquiry form that I have a decent VIP spend or whatever, or maybe they are just very kind. Whatever - it's one of the reasons I don't necessarily mind that the prices of these sets are the way they are. If profits fund that kind of customer service (as well as the design standards and set quality, etc.), then I can't complain.

In other news, I have found a Town Plan set cheap in the UK (http://www.brickset.com/detail/?set=10184-1). Should arrive next week. I am delighted.

ghostmind

I'm thinking of avoiding the retail rush tomorrow entirely, and doing my purchasing via S@H tonight. I won't be buying a lot though, unless there are some unadvertised sales on the site.

Anyone else with Black (Brick) Friday LEGO plans?

I'm thinking of avoiding the retail rush tomorrow entirely, and doing my purchasing via S@H tonight. I won't be buying a lot though, unless there are some unadvertised sales on the site.

I'm not going to the stores tomorrow lol. By the time I get up, it'll be close to 2pm (gogo graveyard shift workers) and I won't have any interest in going out. I'll try to find something online

Yeah. Go to work at my retail job at 10am.

I think the Haunted House will be mine tomorrow. Do I go to the mall or just buy it online??

And let's all hope and pray Phon survives tomorrow

mojiimbo

I think the Haunted House will be mine tomorrow. Do I go to the mall or just buy it online??

If you don't mind waiting a week or two for shipping you'll get a $10 gift card free when you spend $150 online which the physical stores aren't running. The stores have those random giveaway discount vouchers but those will probably be gone quickly and most will probably only amount to like a free keychain.

ruxtpin

Banned
Probably place an online order tomorrow. Out of town so I won't be making it to any b&m stores. For the best, I haven't the willpower to endure the madness that is Black Friday.

Either get some stuff on sale to reach the $10 dollar gc amount, or order the Cinema straight away.

I shall survive. The place I work is always busy on Black Friday, but not krazy like places like Best Buy and whatnot. I actually like working on the day. Something pure about it. I just get to run around and talk to people and help them out. That aspect I enjoy about retail. And talk them into buying stuff they didn't know they wanted to buy. Which I even do through text on here. :)

And yes, buy Haunted House tomorrow. I know that a few lately were slightly disappointed by it, but it is still my favorite set of the last two years. Ewok Village is the only thing that comes close from this year.

ghostmind

The only set that I think is possibly worth going out tomorrow for is the Town Center for $75 at TRU. I was thinking of going earlier this month, but its just not reason enough for me now.

The only set that I think is possibly worth going out tomorrow for is the Town Center for $75 at TRU. I was thinking of going earlier this month, but its just not reason enough for me now.

I am debating about doing the BOGO 50% + the 30% coupon at BN and getting Republic Gunship and Jabba's Sail Barge combo. Or Creator Family House and Aviation Adventures.

ghostmind

I am debating about doing the BOGO 50% + the 30% coupon at BN and getting Republic Gunship and Jabba's Sail Barge combo. Or Creator Family House and Aviation Adventures.

Ah, I forgot about that BN deal. Yeah that would be worth it.

I think I'll wait to drop by the LEGO store until Dec. 1st - I really want to get that CREATOR Mountain Hut set.

Went to Potomac Mills in Northern VA, since they opened at 8pm. Lego was closed until 5am so staffers could spend time with family. Good on ya Lego. Hope Gray Thursday is a one year experiment and we go back to Black Friday.

If I didn't need dress shirts for work, I would have passed up the whole thing entirely.

Went to Potomac Mills in Northern VA, since they opened at 8pm. Lego was closed until 5am so staffers could spend time with family. Good on ya Lego. Hope Gray Thursday is a one year experiment and we go back to Black Friday.

If I didn't need dress shirts for work, I would have passed up the whole thing entirely.

I saw that they weren't open at midnight in San Diego either. Do we know what sales they are doing in store? They did the random 15% 30% 50% off cards last year, but I can't find any information for this year.

SpeedNut

Was all set for triple VIP round deux with some extra treats and LEGO falls short. It seems to be the norm across the board this year. Lots of "deals" on last year's closeout items and "special buys" at retail prices elsewhere.

ghostmind

Was all set for triple VIP round deux with some extra treats and LEGO falls short. It seems to be the norm across the board this year. Lots of "deals" on last year's closeout items and "special buys" at retail prices elsewhere.

Yeah - wishing I had placed another order during 3x VIP.

EDIT: Picked up a few "retailer-exclusive" 2013 City sets. Wanted to get a second Holiday 2013 Set #2, so that takes care of that.

Yeah - wishing I had placed another order during 3x VIP.

EDIT: Picked up a few "retailer-exclusive" 2013 City sets. Wanted to get a second Holiday 2013 Set #2, so that takes care of that.

:( I was expecting triple points for Black Friday too. Easiest way to get 15% off modulars and other sets like those nowadays since coupons don't work on those anymore. Oh well, next time something like that happens I will pounce first chance.

I should've bought the Haunted House last week...drat! Oh well, I can cushion the blow to the wallet by selling off some unopened sets I'm not interested in.

30% off books at Amazon.com. I checked and it worked with LEGO books.

Holiday Deals in Books
Terms & Conditions
▪ To use this promotion, you must enter "BOOKDEAL" at checkout under the "Gift cards & promotional codes" section to receive 30% off any one book.

▪ This offer is only valid on print books. Excludes Kindle eBooks and Audible Audiobooks.

▪ The promotion is valid for a limited time only, from November 27, 2013 at 9pm PST to December 1, 2013 at 11:59pm PST. Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel this offer at any time.

▪ Offer only applies to products sold and shipped by Amazon.com.

▪ Limit one promotional code per customer and account.

▪ The maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is $10.

Top Bottom