• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

LEGO 2014 1H images: CITY (Police)

tiURHWz.jpg

CqxzfCe.jpg

I like the black bike (and bad girl). Maybe $20? Hope it's closer to $15.

LEGO 2014 1H images: Creator
fh8QSk0.jpg

vB1PGZl.jpg

joaajOX.jpg

I8OFN6a.jpg

Creator sets are standing out more to me this year. I like the animal builds. The motorcycle is a must get for me.

LEGO 2014 1H images: Chima

vDC2EGB.jpg

Qahy90Q.jpg

6I7f1Fy.jpg

Is that a new piece? Part of lion's mouth, bird beak, and croc front teeth. Those pieces sure seem to be handy for animals. Oh wait, the croc is 1x1 and the other two sets use 1x2. Still, I don't remember seeing those parts before.

LEGO 2014 1H images: DC Super Heroes

TROiJxS.jpg

r2MsWi1.jpg

Looks like LEGO is definitely going the action figure route of making so many version of 1 character.
Next up, Space suit Batman, Jungle Camouflage Batman, Desert Batman, Power-Suit Batman, etc.

LEGO 2014 1H images: Star Wars

DGRGd3A.jpg

P6AbV7S.jpg

What is the trans clear piece in the center? I've never seen that. What sets had that piece?

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
The Movie and Friends sets have reams of new prints and pieces. Those movie sets in particular look really fun though, can definitely see myself picking up a few! :)

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Thanks for all of the images. Appreciated. Nothing really is standing our to me though. Looks like my list for upcoming set will still be all the city sets basically and the Restaurant Modular when it comes out. I will see what the bigger star wars sets are also.

Kuntz

Holy cow at all those boxes !!!

I haven't even finished my mega haul from last week (UN HQ is gorgeous and a really interesting build) and my wallet is crying at all of this.

banderaslego.gif

PS : found my old lego stash, I have pieces from sets dating from the 70s (were my brother's), I nostalgia'd so hard tears appeared when uncovering my old blacktron and ice planet sets. Many feels were had....

The good thing is, I'm working with children and during the holiday we're going to build a whole village out of lego (from my own collection) from scratch, I hope that will light some lego flame in those young hearts.

Never noticed this topic before. While I no longer collect Legos (still have my Bionicle collection hidden away in my closest, though!) I must admit in the past 6 months I have had a strange longing to start collecting some and build them like models. I really love the more complex looking stuff, like ships and whatnot.

Man, if I had the free time (and proper income) I would totally do that. Ah, well.

The plumber truck is also a 2-in-1, and is awesome.

A little surprised that the fire truck does not convert, but that may be stepping on Hasbro's license.

this is (obviously?) a bummer. Good god they can't do that!

I doubt it's a licensing thing as Creator sets do it all the time. I think LEGO is just holding more good stuff to reveal later. If not, I see enough pieces in the fire truck that somebody will come up with a good fire truck build.

rallaren

I doubt it's a licensing thing as Creator sets do it all the time. I think LEGO is just holding more good stuff to reveal later. If not, I see enough pieces in the fire truck that somebody will come up with a good fire truck build.
It would just be so perfect. :S Would be interesting to know the decision making behind it all.

And this just arrived:
043qGcJ.jpg

Rootbeer

Banned
Argh! When will the new TMNT sets leak! ;_;

Totally buying Cinderella's Castle and Rapunzel's Tower. :>

You ain't kidding... they are the last big surprise sets for me in the first half of 2014. Can't wait to see them.

But since at least 1, if not 2 or 3, of the sets is supposed to be movie-related, and we haven't seen even one actual official image from the film yet (only spy shots), they must be keeping it under wraps very carefully

Anyway yeah, there are dozens of highly desireable sets already shown in the pics above for me... I think 2014 could top 2013 in LEGO purchases for me at this rate.

R-User!

So far the Mech Dragon is pretty awesome! Lots of new parts; 1x2 black and white curved step-slopes, 2x2 black curved step-slopes, trans red 1x2 grate tiles. Lots of cool pieces.

Edit: just attached the tail! Love the tail!

R-User!

So I finished the build and I would score it a 9 out of 10 on the playability scale for me. The buzz saw wing functionality has some hiccups but other than that the other functions seem to work as advertised.

The
prison-inside-of-a-dragon
concept is really cool!

The swooshability factor is pretty good but only if you fold down the
Nindroid Gliders
to make room for your hand to grab the spine of the mechanical beast.

Just like Jangbricks pointed out you can't attach two gliders on to both baddy figs because of the shoulder pad/sword-holster blocking the potential usage of the neck-piece needed to attach the device.

The car also has the same inconsistent firing issues as the Jangbricks video pointed out, but in addition to that, the ability to really grab any part of the vehicle effectively to maneuver it around a table to swerve it to avoid the Mechs attacks is awkward because of the aforementioned firing mechanism. When one attempts to grab the body of the vehicle you grab the flick missile mechanisms and they both lift up towards the air, which prevents you from holding the chassis really well.

But it's built like a tank! I rolled it off a coffee table about four times onto carpet and not once did a piece fall off! Not bad! And it looks pretty cool too!

I would say I think this is the best Ninjago Dragon play wise yet!

Now, I didn't build the Epic Dragon Battle, but my son did, and he said he likes the Mech Dragon more than the EDB, so there's that too Lego Dads (or Moms I guess)!

The Dragon also looks cool too, doesn't have too many stickers (12 I believe) and is an interesting if not too complicated build. But there are a few technic moments that could be a bit hard to push together for weaker/younger hands, so I would say if your kid is less than 7 that you might need to help out a few times during the build!

PPP is about 12.8 cents, so value is not bad, but the large scale quantity of ball/joint pieces, purple parts, new pieces, silver parts, gold parts, trans
red parts, and unique parts makes the PPP irrelevant IMO. You could make a rather glorious MOC Mech with the Purple, Black, Gold, and Silver with this set I imagine!

All in all I would highly recommend this set at retail or below retail price for the parts alone. But when it goes out of print you might regret not having gotten it; if you had any interest at all in the first place.

Pics later if I can. :)

ghostmind

ftHIbcr.png

Thanks for the MechDragon impressions R-User! It's on my 2014 list, but I won't probably pick it up until I can get it at a discount.

So I finished the build and I would score it a 9 out of 10 on the playability scale for me. The buzz saw wing functionality has some hiccups but other than that the other functions seem to work as advertised.

Thanks for the impressions! I am not a fan of Ninjago but I enjoyed reading which parts "worked" and whiched caused problems.

This is a terrific haul.

Interestingly, my local shop told me today that they have only ever received a handful of the Thanksgiving polybags. Maybe 50 in total over several orders, and they wouldn't get any more. Maybe it's a regional thing.

That set has some terrific looking figs.

Nice job on Arkham. My brother-in-law was bemoaning the fact that his son doesn't like it at all, while on the other hand remarking that it was easily the most interesting set he's built (he's bought his kid pretty much every big themed set for the last few years).

They just sent me an email that they had to cancel the Thanksgiving poly bag since they ran out of stock. I guess they don't have enough anywhere.

Ponn

Banned
That "Brickfriday" email was such a tease. It's ok, decided with the credit I had at Amazon and the sale they have on some stuff I end up with more by buying the sets i'm looking for there and also get another free Gund Bear.

So for my Birthday/Blackfriday gift to myself I ended up with

Eradicator Mech
TMNT Turtle Lair
and
Shredder Bike.

And i'm done for 2013. Not even going to be able to get to them till maybe Christmas but probably save them for new year. Have Winter Vilage's to build this Thanksgiving weekend.

I'm now debating tearing down either Vampire Castle or Haunted House. For some reason Vampire castle has come apart the most in being moved so That will probably be the one. I need to get some of those storage containers, i'd like to keep all the set pieces together in storage.

Sadly, that's about what my backlog looks like, just minus the Friends, GS, TMNT and Super Heroes sets. And all these great deals lately on Amazon, TRU and the triple VIPs at LEGO this past weekend have not done me, nor my wallet, any favors.

You were the first person that popped into my head when I saw this post!

I'm so jealous of the sale prices you folks will be getting this week.

My backlog is tiny: Winter Village Cottage, Passenger Train, Goblin King Battle, Flying Dutchman, 2013 Christmas Sets, and a ton of polybags I may never open.

Jimbro72

You were the first person that popped into my head when I saw this post!

I'm so jealous of the sale prices you folks will be getting this week.

My backlog is tiny: Winter Village Cottage, Passenger Train, Goblin King Battle, Flying Dutchman, 2013 Christmas Sets, and a ton of polybags I may never open.

Ha, not sure if that's a good or bad thing. ; )

I don't think I'll be buying any more this week (or even rest of the year) unless S@H offers up something really good on Friday. Plus I'm mostly done now with my 2013 sets that I want after far too many purchases this month. So with the exception of the UCS X-Wing, Orthanc and Sydney Opera house there is only a few small sets that I'm waiting until I can get for at least 25-30% off.

Jimbro72

If you don't have the Power Armor, go out and buy it now. That's not an option either

Don't think I can do it. I mustn't. The completist in me couldn't just buy a single set from a line without it leading to a few others and next thing you know, I'm trying to track down them all. It already happened with the LOTR/Hobbit sets. And it's why I still have no GS sets and no Friends sets. Lines must be drawn on what I have space and money to collect. Plus, honestly, I've never been a huge Marvel Legends or Super Heroes fan. It's always and only, been Star Wars for me.

Don't think I can do it. I mustn't. The completist in me couldn't just buy a single set from a line without it leading to a few others and next thing you know, I'm trying to track down them all. It already happened with the LOTR/Hobbit sets. And it's why I still have no GS sets and no Friends sets. Lines must be drawn on what I have space and money to collect. Plus, honestly, I've never been a huge Marvel Legends or Super Heroes fan. It's always and only, been Star Wars for me.

As repentance you must go buy one of the UCS Star Wars sets you don't have.

You shall pay dearly once the new Star Wars movies come out EVERY year.

Top Bottom