• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

wetwired

Lame. Might be in store only then.

Edit: coupon should work though.

I'm literally having to open every item but I'm 4 pages in and so far it's only chima stuff that's 2 for 1, still good if that's what you're after though. I've never really looked at chima closely but if any of them have a good parts selection I may take advantage of it, I'll let you guys know if I find any more.

I'm literally having to open every item but I'm 4 pages in and so far it's only chima stuff that's 2 for 1, still good if that's what you're after though. I've never really looked at chima closely but if any of them have a good parts selection I may take advantage of it, I'll let you guys know if I find any more.

What sets are you mainly after?

Anyone here got some experience with BrickLink? (specifically the conditions of the item for sale)

I just received a couple series 8 CMFs from a seller and it specifically stated "NEW" in the description when i bought em.

Now they came without the stands and without the accessories!

Is this a clear breach of the terms of BL or not though? In the regulations it says that for SETS "new" means sealed unless specified otherwise, however for MINIFIGS it does not go into detail about this point. now are CMFs considered SETS or MINIFIGS though? :(

http://www.bricklink.com/help.asp?helpID=102&q=condition

not sure whether i should complain (whether i am in the right or not)

flyingpig

Neo Member
CMFs are expected to come with stands/accessories unless specified otherwise. You should complain and work something out with the seller.

Anyone here got some experience with BrickLink? (specifically the conditions of the item for sale)

I just received a couple series 8 CMFs from a seller and it specifically stated "NEW" in the description when i bought em.

Now they came without the stands and without the accessories!

Is this a clear breach of the terms of BL or not though? In the regulations it says that for SETS "new" means sealed unless specified otherwise, however for MINIFIGS it does not go into detail about this point. now are CMFs considered SETS or MINIFIGS though? :(

http://www.bricklink.com/help.asp?helpID=102&q=condition

not sure whether i should complain (whether i am in the right or not)

No I've had that problem before. But it was my fault (and it is probably your fault too).

The Minifigs are sold in various forms. Amongst others
  • Complete with all the parts.
  • Just the Minifig (that's what I did by mistake once, and it sounds as if that is what happened to you).

They are sold as completely different products.
So make sure you ordered the correct type before complaining.
Mind you the seller might be willing to take them back if you describe your predicament.

[Edit]
An example:
The mermaid can be bought as just the Minifig

Or as the complete set from the CMF

They are completely different lots on Bricklink.

@Flix:

No i agree that those are different products, however, my problem lies in the fact that the seller did not LIST any details at ALL.

See, ALL his CMF minifigs simply have stated "New" for condition, nothing else, no details, so is it assumed that UNLESS stated otherwise, every "NEW" CMF comes WITHOUT accessories and without the stand then? Should it not HAVE to state "incomplete" or whatever?

Thing is, BrickLink rules are finicky with this and not clear at all as far as i can read?

This is what BL has to say about minifigs :

New Minifigs - Minifigs are brand new, taken directly from new sets or were purchased "as new" in another form such as accessory packs or Pick A Brick and have been handled only for sorting. Minifigs may be listed as new either assembled or unassembled.

Used Minifigs - Minifigs which have been previously used and are presumably still in good, usable condition. If the minifigs do show excessive wear, discoloration, excessive scratches, other marks, etc. this should be noted in the *Comments* field.

However, are CMFs considered minifigs even or actual SETS?

Check the links of your order, if they do not go to the 'complete' listing then you are screwed.

Post them here.

Follow the links behind the images in my post to see what I mean.
They both lead to Season 9 CMF but just different categories.

Actually you can tell where they are catalogued.
Either under sets (complete) or under Minifigs, the it's only the Minifig. If you browse around in the Minifigs category you will see that all the images and Minfigs are displayed without their accessories.

Man I can't stand when people sell the CMF's without everything. I noticed they were doing that so I had to pay close attention to what I bought.

It's still annoying!

Check the links of your order, if they do not go to the 'complete' listing then you are screwed.

Post them here.

Follow the links behind the images in my post to see what I mean.
They both lead to Season 9 CMF but just different categories.

Actually you can tell where they are catalogued.
Either under sets (complete) or under Minifigs, the it's only the Minifig. If you browse around in the Minifigs category you will see that all the images and Minfigs are displayed without their accessories.

Ok i see what you're getting at, the complete sets actually have different col numbers for instance col140 for the Mermaid ONLY but col09-12 for the complete MERMAID SET!

However, i have ordered MANY times from BrickLink when i was browsing the minifig category and they ALL showed only the fig and probably the fig only COL number, however, most of em did state "NEW" or "new, complete set" regardless and that is how i always received em, complete with stand and accessories.

In the BL search, when you enter col140 it will take you to the minifig mermaid (incomplete) but when you enter the col09-12 number for the complete set, the search won't give you any result at all!

I believe this whole practice is very misleading to say the least and should be clarified!

I suppose in this case the seller is probably in the "right" but i will be very cautious from now on to only order the correct col number! :(

I suppose in this case the seller is probably in the "right" but i will be very cautious from now on to only order the correct col number! :(

As I said, I've been burnt once, and since then I pay closer attention. :)
Ask if he will take them back, maybe you are lucky. Most BL sellers I've had to deal with were very forthcoming. :)

Man I can't stand when people sell the CMF's without everything. I noticed they were doing that so I had to pay close attention to what I bought.

It's still annoying!

Nah it's FINE but then they better damn well SPECIFY so in the description to avoid unnecessary confusion! Not everyone takes their sweet time to go check this stuff out in detail before they purchase, i read "new" and assumed it was new or at least complete.

Most of the sellers DO specify what is included or not though luckily

As I said, I've been burnt once, and since then I pay closer attention. :)
Ask if he will take them back, maybe you are lucky. Most BL sellers I've had to deal with were very forthcoming. :)

eh i suppose at this point, it's probably less of a hassle if i just order some stands and the couple accessories from another seller and call it a day! Lesson learned though, thanks for the clarifications man!

Ponn

Banned
Heads up Amazon is doing a bunch of Lego Lightning deals today (man Amazon should start sending me checks, or give me some credit or something).

This is a rough list, if you are interested jump over and find the times. Generally I made the list while clicking through so those at the beginning are probably going to be the earliest ones.

Lego City Fire Truck
lego city train station
council of elrond
arctic batman vs. mr. freeze
seaside house
loki cosmic cube escape
lego city passenger train
iron man vs. mandarin ultimate battle (you would be pretty much just getting this for the iron man heartbreaker fig)
iron man extremis sea port battle
lego city 4x4 diving boat
Friends olivia's speedboat
Friends Rehearsal Stage
Friends Olivias Treehouse
various Chima ultrabuild sets
smaller lego city and friends sets
Lego Friends transforming toy box??
lots of Duplo sets
Back to the Future
Sydney Opera House (heart stopped a minute? sorry about that, its the smaller one)
Lego Transport Chopper
Lego TMNT Shellraiser Chase
various Hero Factory sets
Chima Ultimate Speedorz Tournament
Creator Small Cottage
Ninjago Kais Fire Mech
TMNT Shredder Dragon Bike (damn just bought this for $21)
LoTR Wizard Battle
LoTR Battle of Helms Deep (this will probably be your last chance to get this at a deep discount, go for it)
Lone Ranger Comanche Camp
Lego Ultimate Building set box
Star Wars A-Wing
Star Wars AT-RT
Star wars Saesee Tiins Starfighter
Lego United Nations
Lego Creationary game

Ponn

Banned
I wouldn't mind the Loki set but I will probably be asleep when it happens...=/

The truck in the Loki set is actually a pretty cool 4x4 truck. Plus if you didn't get the helicarrier set its a good way to get a Hawkguy fig. I still have the truck together and Nick Fury riding around in it. I also recommend that Elrond set to anyone on the fence, really serene looking set with nice leaf colors.

I'm interested in the Shellraiser set if its a really good price.

That Helms Deep set though if its a good price will probably go fast.

Ryuuroden

Did my LEGO Store shopping today. Too bad they didn't do triple points. Ended up getting Winter Village Market, Sopwith Camel, and a large container of Light Trans-blue 1x2 tiles. I know some others were requesting trans-blue but there was only enough left for 1 container which I got for myself. Saw nothing else on the wall that was currently requested.

Also, I updated my PAB requests on the marketplace page.

Jimbro72

Heads up Amazon is doing a bunch of Lego Lightning deals today (man Amazon should start sending me checks, or give me some credit or something).

This is a rough list, if you are interested jump over and find the times. Generally I made the list while clicking through so those at the beginning are probably going to be the earliest ones.

Lego City Fire Truck
lego city train station
council of elrond
arctic batman vs. mr. freeze
seaside house
loki cosmic cube escape
lego city passenger train
iron man vs. mandarin ultimate battle (you would be pretty much just getting this for the iron man heartbreaker fig)
iron man extremis sea port battle
lego city 4x4 diving boat
Friends olivia's speedboat
Friends Rehearsal Stage
Friends Olivias Treehouse
various Chima ultrabuild sets
smaller lego city and friends sets
Lego Friends transforming toy box??
lots of Duplo sets
Back to the Future
Sydney Opera House (heart stopped a minute? sorry about that, its the smaller one)
Lego Transport Chopper
Lego TMNT Shellraiser Chase
various Hero Factory sets
Chima Ultimate Speedorz Tournament
Creator Small Cottage
Ninjago Kais Fire Mech
TMNT Shredder Dragon Bike (damn just bought this for $21)
LoTR Wizard Battle
LoTR Battle of Helms Deep (this will probably be your last chance to get this at a deep discount, go for it)
Lone Ranger Comanche Camp
Lego Ultimate Building set box
Star Wars A-Wing
Star Wars AT-RT
Star wars Saesee Tiins Starfighter
Lego United Nations
Lego Creationary game

Thanks for the list. I'm hoping to score the Council of Elrond and the City 4x4 diving boat as those are 2 of the few '13 sets left that I still want. Probably the only LEGO I'll by today after the triple VIP splurge I had last Saturday. Might even be the last LEGO I buy until after x-mas.

rallaren

31011 Aviation Adventures assembled and swooshed around!

UjiITwx.jpg

ghostmind

Amazon dropped the price on a bunch of sets by 30%, including the Cargo Train, which is down to $125. Check out Brickset for the list.

EDIT - and the train is back up to $150... that was fast.

Jimbro72

Ridiculous. Anyone else had any success on getting any of the Amazon deals today? Just tried for the Council of Elrond set, watching the screen as the seconds ticked down before it went live. The very second the 'add to cart' button popped up, I hit it and immediately got the 'you've been added to the wait list" message. In other words, it sold in in literally a second or two. Wondering if every LEGO set that is popping up today is selling out in a split second, too. I imagined it would go quick, but not that quick. Oh well. 30% is a nice deal but it's not something that can't be had again with a little patience down the road.

Ridiculous. Anyone else had any success on getting any of the Amazon deals today? Just tried for the Council of Elrond set, watching the screen as the seconds ticked down before it went live. The very second the 'add to cart' button popped up, I hit it and immediately got the 'you've been added to the wait list" message. In other words, it sold in in literally a second or two. Wondering if every LEGO set that is popping up today is selling out in a split second, too. I imagined it would go quick, but not that quick. Oh well. 30% is a nice deal but it's not something that can't be had again with a little patience down the road.

No luck with me with LEGO lightning sales either. It's almost like the lottery. All the decent LEGO stuff is sold out instantly as you described.

I had much better luck this morning at Walmart where ALL LEGO was 30% off. And to make things better, they had the NEW Ninjago sets at 1 of the 2 Walmarts I stopped by. 2 hours after the sale started (8AM) there were quite a lot of good selection left. And even better, not massive crowds and no lines at checkout.

Now to check on the Amazon 30% off books deal and try to get LEGO Minifigures one.

EDIT:

Done.
$14.00 for LEGO Minifigure Year by Year: A Visual History

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=91725892&postcount=2200

neonglow

You need to start clicking before the button even appears. Try continuously clicking the area where the button will appear a couple seconds before it goes live.

Jimbro72

You need to start clicking before the button even appears. Try continuously clicking the area where the button will appear a couple seconds before it goes live.

Thanks for the tip. I'll have to try that out next time. Unfortunately, I already missed out on the 2 set that I was wanting today. The second one I completely spaced off since I'm sitting here at work today and remembered it 30 minutes after the fact. Though I imagine it would have gone just like my first attempt. Gone in a second.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
I tried for an iron man set and the waiting list was full as soon as it loaded. Crazy. Oh well.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes

Saw some Banbao sets at the toy store and decided to grab 8003 and 8611.

LEGO sued Banbao a some years ago, forcing Banbao to pull their sets from stores here in the Netherlands. Their minifigures used to be similar to LEGO's, so they changed those into more superdeformed characters with really large, oval heads, and extremely short legs. They've slowly made their return into smaller toy stores, and are now back in the 2 largest toy store chains in the Netherlands (Intertoys, Bart Smit).

8003 was only €1.50 for 20 pieces, while 8611 was €5.99 for 102 pieces.

Quality is pretty decent. Plastic seems sturdy enough with a good weight and finish to them. No mold flashes. Not like the light, scratched-up Sluban pieces. I have a McLaren F1 set made by Cobi where I noticed that some of the pieces were very sharp - so much so I'd advise not to give it to children. I plan to get one of Sluban's formula car sets for comparison with the Cobi McLaren F1 set and the Banbao Dragon racer set.

There were however some ink marks on some pieces, and one of the head pieces had contact with another piece while the paint was still wet.

The race car has a pullback motor, but its power was weak and the tires had too much grip, and it stuttered forward once or twice. Not much play value there!

Besides the minifigures, another big difference from LEGO sets, and even other clone sets, is that the pieces are actually slightly higher, causing some compatibility issues.

My main interest in clone bricks is primarily for the military sets we'll never see from LEGO. I didn't see a Banbao tank at the toy store, so I'll probably order one online in the near future and compare those to Cobi, Sluban, Enlighten, and Oxford tanks.

Ponn

Banned
That Power Man fig, now I can complete Heroes for Hire.

Sorry to hear about all the trouble with the lightning deals. Yea you have to be quick with them but I have to admit I was surprised that the Lego deals were selling out just as fast as the video game deals do. Just click click click and pray.

I got my Birthday/Black Friday box today!! Unpacked Mech Eradicator, , TMNT Lair and TMNT Shredder Bike. And also my 2nd free Gund Amazon Bear. Now to the backlog pile with all of them.

Here are some LoTR Pirate Ambush pics though for anyone interested.

T0RmLvR.jpg

vdmTvMu.jpg

ao0yMi7.jpg

Oh didn't you hear, ghost soldiers love using flick missiles.

Darn, missed out on the Loki vehicle...man I want the Haunted House but the hit to the wallet is so much...hmmz

Bah, my conscience won't let me go that high. Just gonna hit the 100 mark and stop there

Yeah...seems like those deals lasted for seconds at most.

Anywho, how long is the offer for that Christmas set? I tried to use a gift card but it isn't working and I'm not in the mood to use my regular card...=/

wetwired

Cargo Train is back down to $126 on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003A2JCR2

Ordered, my first amazon Lego purchase and my first train (since I was a kid) I mainly got it for the motor and tracks as I really want to get the lone ranger train and then motorise it, I also picked up an extra set of tracks, the iron man mansion attack and the lone range r stagecoach

It's really strange what they will ship to Australia and what they won't, there's no real reasoning, some small sets can, some can't, some large sets can, some can't. I could have ordered the Arkham Asylum if I wanted but not the Iron man vs Mandarin little set.

wallet am cry

flyingpig

Neo Member
What about the free gund bear? You should ask customer support to add it to your order if you forgot!

Yeah, there is no logic to the exportable items. Who knows.

flyingpig

Neo Member
Don't forget about the annual free Amazon Gund bear this year!

51okHvDCrwL.jpg

Free with a $75 purchase of toys (i.e. LEGO). Amazon does NOT add it automatically to your cart, so it's easy to forget about. Luckily you can always call/message customer support if your order hasn't shipped to get it added retroactively! I know I've done this a few times myself.

The promotion started this year with zero fanfare. Sneaky of them.

This one!

Rootbeer

Banned
Alright, we're heading into Dec 1st. Looking forward to seeing some of those 2014 sets start to become available in the coming weeks.

Redberyl

Neo Member
A bit of a weird offer but Toys R US USA is currently offering a free 9526 Palpatine's Arrest with purchase of any one of:

- 10221 Death Star
- 10188 SSD
- 10240 UCS X-Wing
- 10225 R2D2 (currently out of stock but was overpriced anyway)

Link to Eligible Sets

Top Bottom