• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

shadow29

Neo Member
It was full when I arrived. By the time the VIP event ended, there were probably ~10 left in the bin. Leaves were in high demand.

They had some left over 2x2 light bley tiles but not really enough to fill anything. I picked up a few extra for myself to fill space.

SpeedNut

Just splashed in for the WV Market (all caught up!) and a Duplo train set as a gift for a relative for Christmas. Was tempted to dig into Grand Emporium and Pet Shop, but after Next Gen November it's going to be tough to keep that burn rate up.

I REGRET NOTHING! (especially since I'll be caught up on modulars now)
KzFRF99.png

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
I just picked up town hall as my Christmas present from my wife. Gives me $120 in VIP points. I have about $30 in minifigs to return so the restaurant will be mine for free when it comes out!

ghostmind

I just picked up town hall as my Christmas present from my wife. Gives me $120 in VIP points. I have about $30 in minifigs to return so the restaurant will be mine for free when it comes out!

Sweet!

As I have mentioned before, I am thinking that the Restaurant will be announced as a December 15th VIP release.

For my order, I picked up the Old Republic Jedi Cruiser - the last of the 2013 Star Wars sets that I did not have. Also the 4207 CITY Garage arrived in the mail today.

And Phonciple, you are in for a treat with Arkham.

I REGRET NOTHING! (especially since I'll be caught up on modulars now)
KzFRF99.png

This is a terrific haul.

Interestingly, my local shop told me today that they have only ever received a handful of the Thanksgiving polybags. Maybe 50 in total over several orders, and they wouldn't get any more. Maybe it's a regional thing.

For my order, I picked up the Old Republic Jedi Cruiser - the last of the 2013 Star Wars sets that I did not have.

That set has some terrific looking figs.

And Phonciple, you are in for a treat with Arkham.

It's Bessa. I have high hopes. Only big set of 2013 left is Sydney Opera House.

Nice job on Arkham. My brother-in-law was bemoaning the fact that his son doesn't like it at all, while on the other hand remarking that it was easily the most interesting set he's built (he's bought his kid pretty much every big themed set for the last few years).

Blizzard

Banned
Stupid but kind of urgent question due to the sale today: Do VIP accounts expire after a while?

I haven't used mine in a year or two, but I still get emails telling me my current balance.

If I try to tell it I forgot my username, it says my email address is unknown (despite it being the address the emails are being sent to). If I use a DIFFERENT email addres than the one the emails are sent to, it freezes for a while and then tells me there was an error.

*edit* Really weird. I went to the page the email linked to, then used THAT to say I forgot my username, and used the OTHER email, and it send me the username. I wonder why the ads go to one address and the account is linked to the other.

*edit2* Parisian Restaurant isn't out until 2014, noooooo! Oh well, time to...get Pet Shop instead since it looks like it has good reviews. That darn price per brick ratio is slightly higher though. :p

Ponn

Banned
It's Bessa. I have high hopes. Only big set of 2013 left is Sydney Opera House.

I really enjoyed building it (Arkham). Some interesting building techniques especially with the windows. And that gate.

I couldn't resist and build the Pirate Ship today. Haven't heard alot talked about it here so figuring it's just been a pass for most of you. This is my first "Ship" build so nothing for me to really compare it to. I can see now why it was priced originally at $100 despite being 700 some pieces. The hull pieces and the sail pieces make it up but still really glad I got it for $75. The 3 dead army figs are just wonderful. Having a Peter Jackson fig is also cool, the rest are meh, have tons of Aragorn and Gimli figs now. Could have done without the catapult. The ship looks cool displayed, can see it modded next year into a ghost shop. Lots of details but the lack of a real captain cabin or true second level is a little disappointing. For me the details, fins, sails and shields around it balance that out some. Displays well on my shelf on the wall.

I have to admit one of the reasons I got it was because if I ever do get into MOCing I wanted a ship set to try making an airship from Final Fantasy so this should work well for that.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
sinterklaas.jpg

I'd be amused if they ever make a Sinterklaas minifigure.

Too bad there's no triple, or even double VIP points at the moment, and the deals aren't much of a deal.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
I built quinjet yesterday. A very surprising build. I enjoyed it quite a bit. Very solid frame and structure. After I was done took it around the house swooshing it to so my wife. She just looked at me and told me to help her decorate the Christmas tree. Lol I wasn't really interested it the quinjet and probably wouldn't have bought it myself, but I got it in a trade from R-user. Glad I have it now. My only complaint about it are all the stickers. I didn't apply any of them. Doubt I will.

I built quinjet yesterday. A very surprising build. I enjoyed it quite a bit. Very solid frame and structure. After I was done took it around the house swooshing it to so my wife. She just looked at me and told me to help her decorate the Christmas tree. Lol I wasn't really interested it the quinjet and probably wouldn't have bought it myself, but I got it in a trade from R-user. Glad I have it now. My only complaint about it are all the stickers. I didn't apply any of them. Doubt I will.

Yup. Swooshability turned to 11 on that thing. I only bought it for parts and the figures, but loved the build so much I had to keep it together for a long time. Glad you enjoyed it.

rallaren

Took it off the shelf a week or so ago and got re-surprised by the weight and sturdiness of it. Looks more massive when you look at it from above too.

Loki's vehicle is one of the silliest things I have seen and almost brings the set down a bit.

ghostmind

LEGO 2014 1H images: Friends

6EsCwve.jpg

QWAooRT.jpg

GUhHWRI.jpg

KVkwJOm.jpg

BoyyPw3.jpg

zoTVfkw.jpg

BMdsGmO.jpg

O9pOzIn.jpg

No8eKpu.jpg

LemKnv3.jpg

NCx9cai.jpg

h9uybn1.jpg

zgVHvBw.jpg

YGFlf4B.jpg

hyveZfp.jpg

wd0zjSI.jpg

zeyvUaB.jpg

lUaCKu6.jpg

dHUVXCf.jpg

(missing 41041 Turtle’s Little Paradise, 41044 Macaw’s Fountain, 41045 Orangutan’s Banana Tree, 41046 Brown Bear’s River)

ghostmind

And that is it, for now.

Still waiting on images for the TMNT sets, the Marvel Super Heroes sets, better-quality LEGO Movie sets images, more HERO Factory images, and whatever else misc and `direct`sets are still to come in the 1H.

And then we get to do this again on February 15th and 16th, when the 2H sets will be revealed.

ghostmind

JANG has started to review the new Ninjago sets, and there is a surprising amount of functionality and great design there. I think Mark Stafford had a big role in the 2014 line, and it feels like some of the Galaxy Squad designers joined him for these sets.

Ghostmind, thank you. Awesome posts with plenty to be excited about!

You're welcome. There is indeed a lot of cool designs for the upcoming year, and we haven't even covered the Movie sets, nor the 'direct' sets yet!

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Thanks for the barrage of pics :)

I think I'll go for:
* Disney: Little Mermaid, Brave, Rapunzel
* City: Race car, Repair car, Monster truck
* Friends: Lemonade Stand, the three pets
* Chima: All the Legend Beast sets, Bat, Rhino, Spider speedorz
* Creator: 2x train, monkey, cat & mouse
* Technic: 3 construction vehicles set
* DC: Penguin. Would like the Joker and Flash minifigures but don't really care for those sets otherwise
* Star Wars: All the Microfighter sets, Death Star Troopers

I think the Legend Beast sets look better than the Mixels sets, so I don't need to get the latter for those new joint pieces.

I'll get the DC sets on sale and a few of the city vehicles. I really like that RV.

I really want to see the Marvel stuff.

Man, Lego loves the police sets. Criminals don't have a chance in Lego City. 50% of the vehicles and buildings have got to be police in that town! They have all the good stuff too. Criminals have what...motorcycles and a shitty car here and there? They don't even have a hideout!

ghostmind

LEGO 2014 1H: The LEGO Movie
*spoiler warning for the descriptions*

QFr5xLM.jpg

yNatMYS.jpg

Vqd4nuH.jpg

Yee-hah! Out in the Old Wild West, trouble is brewing. Use your creative skills and help Emmet to build a Getaway Glider and escape from the robots with the Piece of Resistance. But beware, they have guns and the Robo Sheriff’s horse can rear up on its back legs. Position the tail wings and cow horns, flap the wings to soar away, and use the weathercock to guide you to safety. Includes 3 minifigures with assorted weapons and accessories: Emmet, Deputron and Sheriff Not-a-robot.

I3ABWdE.jpg

jtcZ1gu.jpg

LmXSVal.jpg

Danger! Emmet has been captured by Lord Business’ Robo Police who’ve taken him to the Melting Room. A Robo SWAT has chained and cuffed Emmet to a tilting, rotating laser machine and is trying to zap the Piece of Resistance from his back using a huge adjustable laser. Help Wyldstyle to slip into the Melting Room undetected, smash through the chains with the axe and free Emmet. Includes 3 minifigures with assorted weapons: Emmet, Wyldstyle and a Robo SWAT.

9YgjaeU.jpg

eoPSZlQ.jpg

WLza9q9.jpg

It’s high-speed action as Bad Cop chases Emmet along the train tracks in his flying police car. Flip out the lasers under Bad Cop’s car hood and unleash the laser cannons hidden underneath the doors. Watch out for the collapsing train bridge! There’s double trouble as Bad Cop fires his new blaster and the poseable Robo Crocodiles with huge snapping jaws and police lights on their back wait below. And when all seems lost for Emmet, turn the head on Bad Cop to transform him into Good Cop! Includes 2 minifigures with a weapon and assorted accessories: Emmet and Bad Cop.

GCcggNB.jpg

oz780Zd.jpg

Y7rtoo7.jpg

Revel with Unikitty in Cloud Cuckoo Land, the happiest, most positive and creative place in the universe! Join Emmet, Wyldstyle and all the master builders in this multi-colored playful paradise where the sun is always shining and a cute snail glides between the bright flowers. But beware! Unbeknown to Emmet, there’s a tracking device on his leg and Lord Business’ Executron has trailed him to the palace and is ready to handcuff him. Shoot flowers from the flower catapult to fend him off and help Emmet and Wyldstyle make a getaway! Includes 3 minifigures and accessories: Emmet, Wyldstyle and Executron, and 2 figures: Unikitty and a snail.

yV1SckW.jpg

yMBlNG3.jpg

9KRbHW3.jpg

QkBxcXV.jpg

Red alert! The Micro Manager is firing his triple flick missiles at a passing jogger. Use your creativity to rebuild the ice cream van into a supersonic flying Ice Cream Machine. Jump into the cockpit, soar into the sky and target the robot with the adjustable giant cone gun on the roof and wing-mounted flick missiles. There’s no time to lose! Includes 3 minifigures: Ice Cream Mike, Ice Cream Jo and Cardio Carrie.

GhdQ8IR.jpg

eGTpA5P.jpg

ZJtoi6w.jpg

uj9YKSO.jpg

Rise up against the robots by converting the garbage truck with opening trash masher into a flying Trash Chomper with gobbling mouth, wing cannons and garbage-can exhausts. But watch out! The Micro Manager is preparing to fire its hidden flick missiles at the helpless citizens, so hurry! Includes 3 minifigures with assorted accessories: Garbage Man Grant, Garbage Man Dan and the chef, Gordon Zola.

STU1mlP.jpg

HuRySKE.jpg

y9tmpqc.jpg

1ik41Hv.jpg

Keep a look-out for Lord Business’ robots from the castle tower with the soldiers and knights. Get the crossbow ready and prepare the mobile catapult on the ground. If you see the Micro Manager trying to grab the civilians, use your creative skills to convert the castle into an armored Castle Cavalry. Take off and target the speedy, clawing menace with the crossbow, cannon, catapults and flame flick missiles. Includes 3 minifigures: the knight, Sir Stackabrick; the soldier, Gallant Guard; and Where Are My Pants? actress, Sharon Shoehorn.

bAxMEp2.jpg

pNQlgfZ.jpg

QBRgbLo.jpg

Arrr, me hearties! MetalBeard lost his body parts in a previous battle with Lord Business, but has rebuilt himself from old ship scraps to become more powerful than ever. Now, the giant Micro Manager is challenging him. Grab the pirate sword from the holster on his back and fire the cannons on his left arm. Protect his prized parrot and the treasure chest containing his body parts, and act fast before the Micro Manager fires missiles and grabs the construction foreman with its claws. Includes 3 minifigures: Robo Skeleton, Robo SWAT and Frank the Foreman.

wus4UmM.jpg

hvPByDI.jpg

4UEEEcG.jpg

No time to waste! Use your Master Builder skills to help Wyldstyle assemble a two-seater, flaming-fast dragster from the materials she collects. Help Emmet to escape from the Robo SWATs. Rev up the engine to jump over the spike strip road block and speed away. Dodge the Robo Police guns and their 4x4 SWAT car’s flick missiles and deadly dynamite. Includes 5 minifigures with assorted weapons and accessories: Emmet, Wyldstyle and 3 Robo SWATs.

AuXMsMc.jpg

n9Tkasr.jpg

zQPJqDV.jpg

Bwahahahaha! Welcome to Lord Business’ Evil Lair! Record his broadcasts in the TV studio and plot how to control the world from the office. Lever open the large door and unleash the Kragle. Trap the Master Builders in the think tank to extract their creativity. Dodge the trapdoor to avoid being sent spiraling into infinity then pull the plug on the battery and shut down the think tank before Lord Business carries out his evil plan! Includes 6 minifigures with assorted accessories: Emmet, Vitruvius, Ma Cop, Pa Cop, Lord Business and wrestler/Master Builder, El Macho, and BiznisKitty figure.

OFqMlRp.jpg

dtBmb8Y.jpg

OvKmMcm.jpg

Wash away the Micro Manager with The Flying Flusher! Use all your creative skills to convert the regular plumber’s van, with its tools, ladder and portable toilet. The Micro Manager is chasing a civilian so you need to work fast. Take off and track down the robot. Target it through the toilet seat, fire the flick missiles and give it a soaking with your wing water-sprayers. Includes 3 minifigures: Plumber Joe, Alfie the Apprentice and Dr. McScrubs.

qqF9FUo.jpg

ZnlmJqo.jpg

BSNRXrK.jpg

Construct a wacky Wild West saloon battle craft with wing-mounted shooting cannons, boosters and more in Creative Ambush. Take off and play a tune on the piano as you drop bombs in the robot’s way and protect the civilians. And it’s kebabs away and last orders for the Micro Manager with the flying kebab stand! Use your creative skills to build a flying kebab stand with control levers, jet wheels, side boosters and tasty kebab flick missiles. Includes 4 minifigures: Kebab Bob, Sudds Backwash, Rootbeer Belle and Executive Ellen.

NIViw0c.jpg

UyDbd2l.jpg

TlgUKWE.jpg

Double trouble! Ambush the biggest Micro Manager from the ground and air with the fire mech and windmill helicopter. Unleash the fire mech’s spinning water cannon to give the evil robot a drenching. Rev up the windmill helicopter’s propellers and zoom into the sky. Use the chicken binoculars to locate the Micro Manager, and throw apples and drop carrots through the hatch. Includes 5 minifigures: Blaze Firefighter, Hank Haystack, Robo SWAT, Fabu-Fan and Blacktron Fan.

hyiBhxc.jpg

16 all-new, special minifigures from the new THE LEGO® MOVIE™, is now part of the LEGO® Minifigure Collection. Each minifigure comes in a sealed “mystery” bag with one or more accessories, display plate and collector’s booklet. Inspired by The LEGO Movie this collection includes: William Shakespeare, Abraham Lincoln, Panda Guy, Marsha, Queen of the Mermaids, Velma Staplebot, Scribble-Face Bad Cop, Wild West Wyldstyle, Hard Hat Emmet, Gail the Construction Worker, "Where Are My Pants?" Guy, Mrs. Scratchen-Post, Wiley Fusebot, President Business, Calamity Drone, Taco Tuesday Man and Larry the Barista. Every minifigure comes with one or more accessories and a display plate. Fun new characters from THE LEGO® MOVIE™ for your LEGO® Minifigures collection.

Yeah all those Episode 3 remakes will be mine. Ninjago looks great too as do some of the Chima sets. But i'd rather have the ninja's back then those wacky animals.

Yeah, I'm going to get all those Movie sets.

I'll add the alt-forms, for the 6 sets that have them, once I find them.

thx for all the pics... wanting to mostly know the alt forms for the movie sets since that will probably be a determining factor possibly for some.

Also, I think 2014 will be the year I start buying more sets from themes that I haven't normally been really wanting (friends, princess, and city).

I am still super bummed I never got any Kingdoms sets when they released... pretty much all the sets that came out were stuff I've always wanted (ie. medieval life, not just castle stuff)

Vyer

Those Movie sets are great. At least going to get every mech.

My son is going to go wild for those Chima rider things too.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Man I haven't bought a LEGO set in a while, but I will be buying every one of those Disney sets. My wife is really itching for them, haha.

Top Bottom