• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

ghostmind

A bit of a weird offer but Toys R US USA is currently offering a free 9526 Palpatine's Arrest with purchase of any one of:

- 10221 Death Star
- 10188 SSD
- 10240 UCS X-Wing
- 10225 R2D2 (currently out of stock but was overpriced anyway)

Link to Eligible Sets

This is TRU's workaround for the 10,000-series no discount policy. They were doing this earlier with the Y-wing set as a freebie as well.

ghostmind

LrRYhHN.jpg

30216 Lake-town Guard polybag

Hmmm, I love the use of those brick pieces in these police sets...even though it seems redundant we're getting MOAR Police sets. I might pick up this one when it comes out.

I'll get the punk girl out of that group at least...

I couldn't get my gift card to work online so I just found a copy of that exclusive Christmas set on ebay for cheap. Sunday, I may go to the Mills store and see what I can snatch up with it.

So I came home to my parents' place for Thanksgiving. Their Target has neither the Quinjet or the police HQ, but my target back where I'm going to school has both. I'm not going back until tomorrow and it's a seven hour drive so it's not like I can leave early tonight.
KuGsj.gif

WhiteFang from Eurobricks has his review up for 71004 The LEGO Movie CMF:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=88428

Notice that these are not called Series 12, so perhaps the regular releases will return?

The box distribution:

HDLIPg3.jpg

Interesting with it not being Series 12. I still have slim hope for a Super Heroes CMF. Distribution seems OK this time around. I don't think I'll have a hard time finding what I need especially since there are only a few I want multiples.

sharbhund

So glad to see 6 panda guys! I love pandas and this will be my first CMF purchase, not to mention bag feeling. Speaking of bag feeling, anyone have any idea what to feel for?

Panda guy should be one of the easiest figs to identify in this series. Just feel for the large panda mask (with the 2 nubs for ears) or the panda toy that he comes with.

Vyer

Lord Business looks like something my 4 year old would make out of a minifig. They really nailed that look if that's what they were going for.

ghostmind

S@H has updated with some (CITY and Creator) of the 2014 1H sets, but not all of them. This is the same selection that I saw at the LEGO store last week.

EDIT: Hobbit and Ninjago sets are now available as well.

ghostmind

LEGO Advent calendar time is upon us once again.

Last year I got on about "spoilers", but I think that curbed discussion, which was not the desired outcome.

How do we want to do it this year?

Ha! They'd have more room in the back of the paddy wagon.

It's bigger on the inside.

Much better! What's with the sleep eyes though? He's not drooling and if he was the eyes don't look right for that. Looks like creepy Homer.

Impressive how they actually printed the arms or is that a mix of two colored plastics?!? This is a first with the arms.

LEGO Advent calendar time is upon us once again.

Last year I got on about "spoilers", but I think that curbed discussion, which was not the desired outcome.

How do we want to do it this year?

Could just use the spoiler feature and use links to photos instead of embedding them. I don't care personally, I will respect those that don't wish to be spoiled.

Since it's now December, I've built the Winter Village Bakery. I intend to make a diorama at work, with other holiday themed figures. I just hope my co-workers can be trusted, so everything is still there in a few weeks.

It's a pretty cool build, with very little repetition and a few nice techniques. The bakery ends up a bit cramped and the light feature is sort of superfluous, but it looks very good from the outside.

And now I feel like I should have bought the toy shop (or at least the parts to build the tree) and the market... oh well, there are more years.

Without spoiling the advent calendar - got my first one this year, it's normal to get extras of some of the parts/accessories, right?

Ponn

Banned
Watched a video review of the Monkey/Toucan set. Can't believe the two 2014 sets i'm most excited for are those animal sets. It's a $20 set, should use that for another MOC contest.

Lots of cool green pieces. Cool minifigs. Awesome moving leg action on the set.

GS ain't for everyone, but the unique build of the set and how it works when done made it for me.

Yeah I'm mostly interested in it for the green pieces (trying to build up a green piece collection since it's my lowest brick color count... Though this is more olive), the red team figures, and the clear pieces.

Still undecided.

Yeah I'm mostly interested in it for the green pieces (trying to build up a green piece collection since it's my lowest brick color count... Though this is more olive), the red team figures, and the clear pieces.

Still undecided.

A bit dark red and dark tan pieces as well.

I purchased the Hive Crawler last week and got Amazon to give me a price adjustment. It's rare to see 50% off a new set before Christmas.

Curious about your impressions once you build it.

Me? Still waiting for Arkham to get delivered that I ordered over a week ago. I know Thursday was a holiday and all, but a week and a half for delivery is pretty lame. More proof that FedEx sucks.

neonglow

Anyone know if new deals might be up for Cyber Monday or is it just same ol same ol

The promotions are the same but there are new discounted sets:

2013 Cyber Monday LEGO Sales

9468 LEGO® Monster Fighters Vampyre Castle 20% - CM
7347 LEGO® Creator Highway Pickup 20% - CM
6869 LEGO® Super Heroes Quinjet Aerial Battle 20% - CM
6864 LEGO® Super Heroes The Batmobile and the Two-Face Chase 20% - CM
4433 LEGO® City Dirt Bike Transporter 50% - CM
6863 LEGO® Super Heroes Batwing Battle Over Gotham City 20% - CM
9470 LEGO® The Lord of the Rings™ Shelob™ Attacks 30% - CM
41011 LEGO® Friends Stephanie's Soccer Practice 50% - CM
9447 LEGO® Ninjago Lasha's Bite Cycle 20% - CM
7292 LEGO® Creator Propeller Adventures 20% - CM
6858 LEGO® Super Heroes Catwoman Catcycle City Chase 20% - CM

Watched a video review of the Monkey/Toucan set. Can't believe the two 2014 sets i'm most excited for are those animal sets. It's a $20 set, should use that for another MOC contest.

Great idea. It's a set a lot of people will get anyway, and if they aren't we can "force" them to buy and appreciate those sets. :)

Even more GS sets at Amazon for 50%:

Vermin Vaporizer for $30
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A88G6EI

Hive Crawler for $35
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CMHWTR6

If you are interested in Galaxy Squad, but don't have the sets yet, NOW is the time!

Inconceivable!!! Clearance prices at the start of XMas shopping!!! I hope they discount some of the other big sets. I bought the Hive Crawler for 30% off at Walmart on Black Friday, but I'm returning it. I bought 2 of the Hive Crawlers at that price from Amazon. I could have saved 2% more with Target with the 5% RedCard, but I get 3% with Amazon card. I went with Amazon since their customer service is awesome. Any issues I have with shipping, Amazon always took care of me.

Article about some of the new parts debuting in those Chima Legend Beasts sets. Looks like a lot of new possibilties

http://www.newelementary.com/2013/12/new-legends.html

anim3.gif

Definitely picking a few of these up.

Looks like the new smaller joint pieces like Mixels are getting as well. Definitely a lot of cool options opening up with those pieces.

On a different note, once I build Arkham I will probably put up a top 5 or 10 list of the year since everything is out. Really, the only set I REALLY wanted this year that will have to wait is Sydney Opera House. But unless Arkham blows me away (and it is a Bessa set, so I have high hopes), my top 5 is pretty set. The ordering of 3-5 is what is in flux.

sharbhund

The promotions are the same but there are new discounted sets:

2013 Cyber Monday LEGO Sales

9468 LEGO® Monster Fighters Vampyre Castle 20% - CM
7347 LEGO® Creator Highway Pickup 20% - CM
6869 LEGO® Super Heroes Quinjet Aerial Battle 20% - CM
6864 LEGO® Super Heroes The Batmobile and the Two-Face Chase 20% - CM
4433 LEGO® City Dirt Bike Transporter 50% - CM
6863 LEGO® Super Heroes Batwing Battle Over Gotham City 20% - CM
9470 LEGO® The Lord of the Rings™ Shelob™ Attacks 30% - CM
41011 LEGO® Friends Stephanie's Soccer Practice 50% - CM
9447 LEGO® Ninjago Lasha's Bite Cycle 20% - CM
7292 LEGO® Creator Propeller Adventures 20% - CM
6858 LEGO® Super Heroes Catwoman Catcycle City Chase 20% - CM

The Vampyre Castle is the only set I really wanted, and it's sold out before the sale even starts.

Ponn

Banned
Has anyone here actually bought two Black Gates? Actually has anyone here bought even one Black Gate? I think i'm starting to get burnt out on LoTR/Hobbit. Wanted Black Gate and wanted to get two to put together but I already have helms deep and Orthanc. Just feel like i'm done even without Mouth of Sauron.

Has anyone here actually bought two Black Gates? Actually has anyone here bought even one Black Gate? I think i'm starting to get burnt out on LoTR/Hobbit. Wanted Black Gate and wanted to get two to put together but I already have helms deep and Orthanc. Just feel like i'm done even without Mouth of Sauron.
Black Gate gets you Mouth of Sauron, Aragorn in his kingly armor, Gandalf the White, an eagle, and a whole lot of great black pieces. I only have one, and it is a pretty cool set. If just for Mouth of Sauron and his scary horse.

ghostmind

Yes, I have two Black Gates - they are in my backlog.

I'm still feeling the LotR sets, but I am burned out by the Hobbit after last year's playset deluge (with Unexpected Gathering being the exception). Currently I don't feel any desire to pick up the Smaug sets.

Top Bottom