• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

ghostmind

a9bigst.jpg

Yeah, it only lasted about an hour. Amazon Canada has improved a lot over the last year, but their inventories still seem tiny.

It's for the best. The last thing I need to do right now is buy sets I'm not that interested in just because they're > 50% off. I do that too often on a whim.

I bought this stupid set last week just because I hadn't seen it before. I don't even like the theme:

Redberyl

Neo Member
Just a quick heads up TRU just dropped Barrel Escape and Funhouse Escape back down to normal price, both are eligible for B1G1 50% off, and both are currently in stock.

It's for the best. The last thing I need to do right now is buy sets I'm not that interested in just because they're > 50% off. I do that too often on a whim.

I bought this stupid set last week just because I hadn't seen it before. I don't even like the theme:

Haha. I'm the same, That's an awesome parts pack though. I got a ton of the shirtless Dastan minifigures off Bricklink (they weren't pricey back then). Don't judge me!

What if...@Bentbricks took over @Lego_Legion's feed? Part 3: The Bar Or Why does Bentbricks have so many muscled minifig torsos? by Bent Bricks, on Flickr

Rootbeer

Banned
Just a quick heads up TRU just dropped Barrel Escape and Funhouse Escape back down to normal price, both are eligible for B1G1 50% off, and both are currently in stock.

Thanks.... I NEED that set, and this is a good promo. But I already have funhouse. I need to find something else in the $40 range :|

Gah. I'm two sets away (Barrell Escape and Goblin King) from owning all the dwarves... Super tempted.

Any suggestions?

It was still overpriced at my TRU. They had a lot of the new Creator sets too. They had the monkey, which I almost got. But there wasn't another $25 set that I wanted to exploit the BOGO offer. So I passed for now.

It was still overpriced at my TRU. They had a lot of the new Creator sets too. They had the monkey, which I almost got. But there wasn't another $25 set that I wanted to exploit the BOGO offer. So I passed for now.

You can order online and them pickup in store.

I decided if my bills n money are ok I'll be ordering Barrell Escape and Mirkwood Army tonight.

While at TRU I did chat with the few LEGO reps that were there. Really nice folks. Bit surprised at how little they actually build though. They seemed to only buy like one set a year, but the one guy made it Tower Bridge. Said it took him months to finish it.

ordered em from TRU....

EDIT: that makes me one set away from owning all the dwarves! Now I need to grab a Goblin King set on the cheap so any help would be great, though many stores here still have them in stock and discounted.

ordered em from TRU....

EDIT: that makes me one set away from owning all the dwarves! Now I need to grab a Goblin King set on the cheap so any help would be great, though many stores here still have them in stock and discounted.

That set is not selling well. I've seen it discounted so many places. 32% off on Amazon right now and I'm positive I've seen it lower at some point.

I've got to pick one of these two to buy. Which is the best?

76005 Spiderman: Daily Bugle Showdown vs 76001 The Bat vs Bane: Tumbler Chase

Spiderman for the figs, Batman for the builds.

You just have to a ask yourself "what kind of Lego fan are you"?

I like the Daily Bugle set though just get the set with the minifigures you like most. Both builds are mediocre.

I mainly like the sets that look good on display. Mostly have the OT Star Wars ships and a handful of the smaller superhero sets.

I thought the Daily Bugle looked better as a display piece and the minifigs in both sets look great. I also don't have a Spiderman fig yet.

I mainly like the sets that look good on display. Mostly have the OT Star Wars ships and a handful of the smaller superhero sets.

I thought the Daily Bugle looked better as a display piece and the minifigs in both sets look great. I also don't have a Spiderman fig yet.

Daily Bugle has Spidey, JJJ, Nova, and Doom in it. It wins by default.

mojiimbo

ordered em from TRU....

Target had it for $50 a month or two back and Amazon had it for $55ish a week or so ago so it'll probably drop back down in price soon, especially during the after Christmas clearance that they do.

Ponn

Banned

I have both, Bat vs. Bane is unfortunately in my backlog pile right now. I went back and forth on both sets for awhile, Daily Bugle does indeed have kick ass and pretty unique figs in the set (Nova and Dr. Doom in same set? And Beetle??!! crazy talk) The building surprisingly displays pretty well and I found by combining the disjointed backdrops from other superhero sets, like the bank from the Batmobile Two Face set, it can actually be a pretty cool superhero scene.

flyingpig

Neo Member
Hobbit/LOTR has not been selling well, and the goblin king set has been the worst of the lot. I fully expect to see that on clearance after Christmas.

Rootbeer

Banned
Gah. I'm two sets away (Barrell Escape and Goblin King) from owning all the dwarves... Super tempted.

Any suggestions?

Same boat here, same sets needed. I think the TRU promotion for Barrel Escape is the best it will get, sadly the set just isn't that great, but not many of these Hobbit ones are so... may have to bite the bullet on it.

As for Goblin Battle, I think bricklinking the 3 dwarves is the best bet unless you actually care about the goblin king (personally I don't, not a fan of the design at all, in LEGO or movie form)

You can also hold off and hope those dwarves appear in more sets in 2014, then either get the new sets if they are good or get them on bricklink, since more sets will drive their price down some.

Went to Target to pick up a few things with my wife & daughter tonight. I had no idea they were also selling the Hive Crawler for $34.99.

Now I already know what one of my gifts under the tree will be!

Rootbeer

Banned
Yup I have the best bet for clearance prices at Target, I find good deals constantly.

I just picked up LEGO Lord of the Rings (3DS) for $5 and change on Tuesday even though I already owned at on PC. Could not pass up that price! Also got Project X Zone for $8 and change the same day.

Earlier this year I found a ton of great LEGO sets priced low (posted pics here, many pages back), fully expect to be finding similar deals Come Jan/Feb.

Keep those eyes open and check Target often :p A lot of the clearance deals are not advertised and are on a store-by-store basis.

Yup I have the best bet for clearance prices at Target, I find good deals constantly.

I just picked up LEGO Lord of the Rings (3DS) for $5 and change on Tuesday even though I already owned at on PC. Could not pass up that price! Also got Project X Zone for $8 and change the same day.

Earlier this year I found a ton of great LEGO sets priced low (posted pics here, many pages back), fully expect to be finding similar deals Come Jan/Feb.

Keep those eyes open and check Target often :p A lot of the clearance deals are not advertised and are on a store-by-store basis.

Note that the 3DS/Vita TT Lego games are usually very different from the home console ones. From the 3DS Lego LotR demo I played and having 100%ed Lego LotR on PS3 I have to say they are super different.

Finished Arkham Asylum a little bit ago. A lot of really, really neat things in it. The windows stand out the most, and look fantastic when done. I think the second best part is the front gate with the angelic statues.

The little details are great in the set, with the cell block tower being my favorite part. The way the cell doors open and the Poison ivy enclosure works are so simple yet so effective.

While there is a ton of stuff I loved during the build, and many techniques and looks I will shamelessly steal for MOCs later, I was not as blown away with this as I expected to be. There is a ton of charm all over the set and some neat looks to things, but when it is all together it just feels okay instead of great. The exterior definitely has some design choices I want to see in a modular building.

The figures are fantastic though. Such a great assortment of villains to go with it, and love the Robin figure. Now I need to get Artic Batman set so I can get a Mr. Freeze figure.

The set was well worth the money, and is a killer parts pack in the end, which is what I originally was wanting it for. Not a top 5 set of the year for me, but still recommended. Maybe top 10.

neonglow

I picked up 4 of the tiny Emerald Express set at Toys R Us' BOGO 50% sale to build a complete train set.
The main engine is a nice build. The caboose is almost a repeat of the main engine. It does look nice when you put them all together.

I picked up 4 of the tiny Emerald Express set at Toys R Us' BOGO 50% sale to build a complete train set.
The main engine is a nice build. The caboose is almost a repeat of the main engine. It does look nice when you put them all together.

Hmmm. I didn't think of buying a bunch of trains while I was there. That makes sense. Might snag some then.

Rootbeer

Banned
Note that the 3DS/Vita TT Lego games are usually very different from the home console ones. From the 3DS Lego LotR demo I played and having 100%ed Lego LotR on PS3 I have to say they are super different.

Yes you are right, and as a long-time LEGO game player I've been disappointed with each portable release so far. Bug again, $5! :p So yeah it was doubly worth the price since it's technically not the "same" game. I'd prefer it on Vita but none of those were on clearance

Interesting new bird piece in the new Ninjago copter set. Looks like the Tonto and scarecrow crow with a hollow bottom instead of a pin. I see future doves for the Friends sets.

Oh yeah, that set is 25% off on Amazon US.

Top Bottom