• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

wetwired

Thanks! Wetwired's Tumbler is amazing. But to be honest my favourite little touch is Bane's coat, because it just completes the look so naturally that the Bane minifig just looks naked without it.

Yup, I had to buy one of those coats too after someone posted it here (probably you :p)

Rootbeer

Banned
Arghh amazon warehousedeals stoppp. Gorilla striker for $32 how am I supposes to resist that. Especially when it has 30% parts I don't have yet. So poor these days.

So sad, I was at Target yesterday and was looking through some books. ALL of the LEGO books on the shelf had their minifigs removed. Around 10 different books of various themes. :/

Well, I got my first Amazon warehouse deal, it actually cost more than new since it seems Amazon adjust used price based on current market price. It's the Star Wars Advent set but I have some Amazon points so it end up around $30. Package is pretty bad with tapes all over. I might call and see if they will offer me extra discount.

edit: Amazon gave me addition $10.00 off. Yeah. Now I just placed order for UCS Shuttle - repackaged. Crossing my fingers.

So i was getting behind a bit what with all the moving into a new place etc. recently but yesterday we went to the Lego store and found all those new movie sets in place!

We didn't wanna go crazy as money is kinda tight right now but the wife bought "Cloud Cuckoo Palace" for herself and i got the Chibi Falcon for my desk ;)

On that note, which of the movie sets can be totally recommended right now? I've been eying that Cop Hovercar + Croc sets for a while now hmm...

Ryuuroden

So i was getting behind a bit what with all the moving into a new place etc. recently but yesterday we went to the Lego store and found all those new movie sets in place!

We didn't wanna go crazy as money is kinda tight right now but the wife bought "Cloud Cuckoo Palace" for herself and i got the Chibi Falcon for my desk ;)

On that note, which of the movie sets can be totally recommended right now? I've been eying that Cop Hovercar + Croc sets for a while now hmm...

It is starting to look like all of them can be recommended. I personally haven't gotten any of them yet but I will probably end up getting them all minus lord business lair and cloud cuckcoo. I love the minifigs and alt builds.

All the sets look quintessential LEGO with the nutty desings and crazy builds.
Remind me of the time travellers theme from way back.

KemoSabe

The Simpsons house looks awesome buy the minifigs not so much.
Homer looks like he was smoking a ton of weed...
Hopefully it is not too expensive. I hope for about 150€ but I'm afraid its more than 200.
Whatever, that's a must buy for me.

11805480174_1860d1fbc6_z.jpg

Swing open the gate on the Rancor pit so it's at a 45 degree angle. It makes a huge difference in how that combo displays.

Pizza Time!

Awesome pic!

rallaren

I am looking forward to the new Agents sets. I thought I was going to have some time and build one of my used sets, they looked to be in good condition in the bags, but once I put them all out on the table they were dirty, dust stuck, some grease and had a bit of a weird smell. Takes hours for some of the pieces to dry properly.

That was awesome!

Oh man, that submarine @ 0:19... looks like it would be insane if that was an actual set. And I LOVE that even the explosions are Lego. I love little touches like that. I can't wait to see some behind the scenes stuff to see if they talk about any tools they wrote to Lego-ify the environments and such.

So I have a base/ stand to display my Death Star once I get it completed.... it is only 15 inches deep (got plenty of length)... is that ok? I wonder how much it will hang over the side?

You're not in the U.S. I assume because I haven't seen the Chibi Star Wars stuff yet. When do those hit the U.S.? Seeing photos of those make me want those more.

EDIT: Looks like March release for US.

Rootbeer

Banned
Spent like 25 mins feeling through an entire BOX of movie packs :/ settled on 4.

2x Shakespeare (only wanted one, but as I neared the end of the box I found another so kept it for trades)
1x bad cop (misfeel, sigh. I now have 4 of 'em)
1x emmet (yay, sorta love his double sided head and the cool head/hair piece)

NO abe lincoln. You'd think feeling for the hat would be easy. Well, that's the problem. It's easy for EVERYONE to find. the misfeel I thought was either mermaid or cat lady, i was so sure. I don't know what happened. Maybe i picked up the wrong pack from the ones I set aside.

I swear most of the box were the robots, the packs had obviously been sifted through somewhat. This was at TRU btw.

I just need cat lady, mermaid and honest abe then i'm done. i just get stressed out feeling the packs, there's always tons of people around i have anxiety :x

chimster

Spent like 25 mins feeling through an entire BOX of movie packs :/ settled on 4.

2x Shakespeare (only wanted one, but as I neared the end of the box I found another so kept it for trades)
1x bad cop (misfeel, sigh. I now have 4 of 'em)
1x emmet (yay, sorta love his double sided head and the cool head/hair piece)

NO abe lincoln. You'd think feeling for the hat would be easy. Well, that's the problem. It's easy for EVERYONE to find. the misfeel I thought was either mermaid or cat lady, i was so sure. I don't know what happened. Maybe i picked up the wrong pack from the ones I set aside.

I swear most of the box were the robots, the packs had obviously been sifted through somewhat. This was at TRU btw.

I just need cat lady, mermaid and honest abe then i'm done. i just get stressed out feeling the packs, there's always tons of people around i have anxiety :x

Just fyi for abe the hat and beard are one piece in that soft rubbery material

Rootbeer

Banned
Just fyi for abe the hat and beard are one piece in that soft rubbery material

Yup! I know! I read the long review thread on eurobricks. Just having some bad draws. The box I went through today was about 1/3 gone, it's already been pilfered. I know I'll get more chances. I will get Elusive Abe!

Dismantled my Haunted House that has been hiding in my den since October. Not a fun process, but it makes me excited to build again next October. I am now not looking forward to dismantling the Winter Cottage as all those tiles are going to be a pain to remove. It will give me the opportunity next Christmas to lay those tiles with a little more care to positioning.

I'm not a fan of the Simpson house. It's missing the room over the garage, and like others have said, it's fairly cramped. Not to mention the minifigs look terrible. That will only be remedied by CMF's with better heads. I have a feeling I won't be impressed either way. No sale for me.

Non UCS B-Wing I am sold on. And I may replace my old Snow Speeder or supplement it with the new one. I didn't replace my old Y-Wing and try not to think too much about that decision... :(

I'm hoping their may be a new release of the Shellraiser in these new TMNT sets, and I only say that because the reviews of the original have been so poor. Hopefully some sweet new minifigs instead of turtle reskins as well.

Rootbeer

Banned
I visited the Lego store for the first time yesterday... That place is awesome! I could spend thousands in there!!!

Oh, you will.

You will.

I've only been to one once and spent over $300. Honestly, I carried what I bought back on the train or else I probably would have spent more. I was limited by capacity!

My aim is to go at least once a month going forward. Mostly so I can get a good sampling of the constantly rotating pick-a-brick wall & build-a-minifig station, plus store exclusives. shop.lego.com is good for a lot of things too, but the shipping is slow. I'm used to amazon prime. And you can't feel the minifig packs over the website. You can also find some discount items in store that may not be on the website. I got the surfer & pirate figure & accessory packs for $5 each.

Equatorial diameter is about 16 inches. The laser adds about another 5 inches.

So it should fit and hang over slightly at its widest point. I can turn the laser turret beam more to the side since the length of my table is more than adequate. It was the width/ depth I was worried about.

R-User!

Did the price or release date of the Simpsons house get revealed yet? If not I'll share what I heard...

Also, there should be an early VIP event during last two weeks of Feb... Leading to a March 1st release date
of what set? Signs point to LEGO Movie Massive ship.

Ponn

Banned
Did the price or release date of the Simpsons house get revealed yet? If not I'll share what I heard...

Also, there should be an early VIP event during last two weeks of Feb... Leading to a March 1st release date

Arrr set sail mighty Sea Cow!

I changed my Lego Movie set buying because of that. I can get away with Lord Business Lair and Sea Cow now to get all the major figs. I have to get the bad cop set though because I keep re-watching the trailer just for his scene. I crack up every time "Hey buddy. TOO BAD"

Unfortunately, I am in complete lockdown until summer at the earliest. I have talked about moving a few times, but having to take down so much stuff and saving money for moving expenses means I cannot (well, should not) buy anything for a long time.

But, when I do finally get to buy stuff, I am going to have one KRAZY haul that day.

Draxal

Unfortunately, I am in complete lockdown until summer at the earliest. I have talked about moving a few times, but having to take down so much stuff and saving money for moving expenses means I cannot (well, should not) buy anything for a long time.

But, when I do finally get to buy stuff, I am going to have one KRAZY haul that day.

Are you going to go all in on the excellent summer wave for Star Wars?

ghostmind

What did you hear regarding the Simpsons House?

ghostmind

The CUUSOO Mars Science Rover is now backordered on S@H until March 11th!

In other S@H news:

Lone Ranger theme is done... there may be a few Comanche Camp sets still available, but that is it.
Monster Fighters is being kept alive by the Vampyre Hearse... and the Haunted House of course, but I think once the Hearse is gone they will move the HH to just the "Hard to Find" category.
Jabba's Palace has returned from the dead, and should be shipping sets on January 20th.
Droid Escape is sold out, which sucks for anyone wanting to pair it up with the upcoming Sandcrawler.

Are you going to go all in on the excellent summer wave for Star Wars?

Once I can buy again, I am all in for LEGO Movie stuff. Obviously Sea Cow and Benny's Spaceship Spaceship SPACESHIP! are priority. But I want them all.
After that, it is Simpson's House and whatever the May Star Wars UCS set is. As for regular SW sets, the only ones I am salivating over are the AT-AT and Star Destroyer.
Super hero sets should be out by then too, and I need the Hulk set just for Hulk, Thor and Taskmaster.
The one set from 2013 still on my buy list is Sydney Opera House. I NEED IT.

Ponn

Banned
The CUUSOO Mars Science Rover is now backordered on S@H until March 11th!

In other S@H news:

Lone Ranger theme is done... there may be a few Comanche Camp sets still available, but that is it.
Monster Fighters is being kept alive by the Vampyre Hearse... and the Haunted House of course, but I think once the Hearse is gone they will move the HH to just the "Hard to Find" category.
Jabba's Palace has returned from the dead, and should be shipping sets on January 20th.
Droid Escape is sold out, which sucks for anyone wanting to pair it up with the upcoming Sandcrawler.

I was very interested in mars rover but havent seen squat on reviews and was holding out to order to get a lord business poster. starting to think it will be better to just save my money for the $200+ Seacow in Feb.

Draxal

Anybody have a pic of the AT AT and the star destroyer! How many pieces are they?

Prelim pictures were posted by Ghostmind a couple of pages back, and he later posted the set descriptions.

Once I can buy again, I am all in for LEGO Movie stuff. Obviously Sea Cow and Benny's Spaceship Spaceship SPACESHIP! are priority. But I want them all.
After that, it is Simpson's House and whatever the May Star Wars UCS set is. As for regular SW sets, the only ones I am salivating over are the AT-AT and Star Destroyer.
Super hero sets should be out by then too, and I need the Hulk set just for Hulk, Thor and Taskmaster.
The one set from 2013 still on my buy list is Sydney Opera House. I NEED IT.

But but but the Dewback.

Anyway, I think the Rebels ship will probably surprise, as the Ships in that price range for Star Wars (and the Bug Obliterator and the QuinJet) are usually guaranteed winners.

I have to get a 2012 Y Wing now so I can have the four wings when the regular B wing comes out.

As for the lego movie, all the Secret Secret Police stuff looks really nice, (the hovercar/SUV/and of course the big ass ship).

But but but the Dewback.

I want the Dewback and the sandtrooper (gotta love the sandtroopers) but I don't know if I want the Cantina set as a whole. ATM, I'm probably going to get the snowspeeder, 2 x AT-ATs and maybe the ISD. And that doesn't include what I'm going to spend on the City sets. Will wait for pics to come out then decide.

Draxal

I want the Dewback and the sandtrooper (gotta love the sandtroopers) but I don't know if I want the Cantina set as a whole. ATM, I'm probably going to get the snowspeeder, 2 x AT-ATs and maybe the ISD. And that doesn't include what I'm going to spend on the City sets. Will wait for pics to come out then decide.

If the Cantina set has backprinting for Luke and Obiwan and the updated Chewbacca, it will be a mustbuy for me.

I'm kinda eager to see the pictures of the two rebels sets.

If the Cantina set has backprinting for Luke and Obiwan and the updated Chewbacca, it will be a mustbuy for me.

I'm kinda eager to see the pictures of the two rebels sets.

Good call on the Chewbacca. I will wait to see before I get any new Chewbacca sets. Knowing LEGO they will keep him for another set.

Rootbeer

Banned
Simpsons house only $200 and on Feb 1st? wow... okay, guess it's day 1 for me. Thought it would not only cost more but be out later. I think they are going to move well at that Price.

I will also be on the lookout for that Pyjamas Emmet since I don't own the CMF Pyjama Guy.

Top Bottom