• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuuroden

A lot actually - most of which are the result of the recent LEGO Store and S@H sales:

10223 Kingdoms Joust
60000 Fire Motorcycle
60006 Police ATV
60009 Helicopter Arrest
60013 Coast Guard Helicopter
60015 Coast Guard Plane
60019 Stunt Plane
60026 Town Square
60027 Monster Truck Transporter
60045 Police Patrol
60054 Light Repair Truck
60056 Tow Truck
60058 SUV with Watercraft
70131 Rogon's Rock Flinger
70723 Thunder Raider
71005 Simpsons CMF S1
75005 Rancor Pit
75012 BARC Speeder with Sidecar
75013 Umbaran MHC
75018 Jek-14's Stealth Starfighter
75024 HH-87 Starhopper
75029 AAT (Microfighter)
76009 Superman: Black Zero Escape

Guess I better pick up the Camper and Auto Transporter while they are still around.

Rootbeer

Banned
via Brickset:

The Friends Smoothie Cart (30202) and CITY Swamp Helicopter (30311) polybags are showing up in the Target Valentine's Day section.

Hmmm the Smoothie Cart is not new to Target though, they had it for several weeks. But what is new is that they are placing it in the Valentines section instead of in the impulse buy section.

This is great though because it means that once they put all that on clearance you can probably get both of them for 30 or 50% off. if you can beat the other enthusiasts to it. :)

i'm not much of a risk taker on polybags, so I'll buy 1 Swamp Helicopter at MSRP and then wait it out. If I get lucky and can find them on clearance before they are wiped out, then I'll buy some more.

One year I found a ton of City polybags for $1 each on clearance at Target. I bought 7 of them. They had probably 50 more after I'd left, too.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Just started building Silver Mine Shootout. I'm about 1/3rd done probably. It is so, so good. All you folks who recommended it, thank you.

hunchback

I'm not sure if this is a good deal but you can get Santa's Workshop for 69.95 at Amazon. The third party sellers were selling it for more though. I picked one up because my wife loves Christmas villages of all sorts.

Ponn

Banned
So I actually built the set for Lonely Mountain today (I cheated and built Smaug xmas day). I can see some more why they have the price tag they do on this set. Besides the obvious Smaug there are also two big mountain BURP's along with some wheel and gear pieces. Besides that there are some of those unique gold rock pieces and a whole lot of sand green pieces. I would still try to pick it up on sale but I guess what i'm saying is you won't feel bad about the piece count/price ratio at all when actually digging into it. I do however still wish they had different dwarves in the set, especially since two aren't even in the scene. I will want Thorin from the Five Armies set though to sit in the throne. The wheel cart and pulley system is pretty cool and a neat building technique to pick up.

Thumbs way up and hey, its more than a damn wall set .

Toxi

Banned
Picked up 42031 Cherry Picker and 70784 Lewa Master of Jungle. Lewa looks fantastic and I love the friction gear system. The only issue is that his head articulation is very restricted by his unique hunchback build. The cherry-picker was a very complex and fun build for its price, and I love moving the little lift up and down. I might try to build the other model (a tow truck) before I use it for its many parts.

Decided to get the TIE prototype today, its really awesome. Great build. Felt like I had to get it after watching the Jangbricks review. I'll take pictures of it along with the mini cooper I got a while back later and post em here.

I'll probably buy a Bionicle set eventually to check them out. Any recommendations on your favorites?

I'm not him, but I'd reccomend Kopaka and Tahu. They have the best designs to me, Kopaka is very elegant and Tahu's ninja blades really add to his silhouette and make him look badass.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yay found it

6531-1.jpg

Toxi

Banned
I'll probably buy a Bionicle set eventually to check them out. Any recommendations on your favorites?
You can't go wrong with any of the "Master" sets at 15$ and 20$. Pick whichever one you like the look of most. Avoid the Lord of Skull Spiders; it's an acquired taste and is best when you already have a hero figure to pit it against.

If you're looking at the "Protector" sets at 10$, avoid the Protector of Fire.

Ponn

Banned
AWD like new Darkseid Invasion for 53.95 ..... is not available...teehehehehe

Looking at my need to buy superhero list I still need that Electro set. I know it's a cheap set but its still like paying $12 for just the Electro fig. I will try and work it in to an order somewhere but that was a pretty piss poor small set. I liked that Catwoman set because it came with a cool bike, jetpack unique Batman and a cool little street corner that could fit into a bigger scene. Even the small Penguin set from last year was cool with the Duckiemobile and the microbuild penguins.

Just built the Minecraft "First Night" set. Not a hard set to build by any means but it was pretty fun regardless. Plus it gives a decent bit of blocks for rebuilding to something not entirely Minecraft.

Guess I better pick up the Camper and Auto Transporter while they are still around.

When you say "camper", do you mean the City Camper Van from last year?

I only ask because in my mind, this is the $25 successor to the Lex mech from a few years ago. I have no interest in City sets but both the build and playability of this set took me by surprise. The quality of the entire set is fantastic...it is such a cohesively brilliant experience, and wonderful for those on a budget.

Decided to get the TIE prototype today, its really awesome. Great build. Felt like I had to get it after watching the Jangbricks review. I'll take pictures of it along with the mini cooper I got a while back later and post em here.

The TIE Prototype is awesome! It may win the award for most pieces crammed into a tiny spaceship in 2015. The thing is so chunky. The ship feels really small, but in a very good way.

In other news, we are doing a major clean-up in our basement. I pray that my wife never discovers my closet of shame:

Ryuuroden

When you say "camper", do you mean the City Camper Van from last year?

I only ask because in my mind, this is the $25 successor to the Lex mech from a few years ago. I have no interest in City sets but both the build and playability of this set took me by surprise. The quality of the entire set is fantastic...it is such a cohesively brilliant experience, and wonderful for those on a budget.

Yep that's the one.

IHaveIce

Banned
Finally built the Hulk Smash lab, such a great set, I think I will main the superhero themes.

Sad that I missed Lex's power mech, it is also out of stock in Germany.

Will get all DC and Marvel sets this year(hope for also some comic related sets for marvel or Ant-man)

Best thing would be a CMF series for Marvel figures.
Rerelease some of the Comic Con exclusives, it is a travesty we have no legit Jean Grey or Black Spider-man for a reasonable price

ninge

Was in London for the weekend and made my first visit to a Lego shop, at the Westfield shopping centre :)

Spent an enjoyable hour trying to find a hot dog guy S13 minifigure (no joy... but got 5 nice figures anyway) and making some custom minifigs from the display of bits (stupid kids kept getting in the way tho :p).

Also picked up a few key rings and the valentines set - which is awesome!

We ordered the Parisian Restaurant from the lego store last week so have that and the flower cart to build tonight. So that means I now have Fire Brigade, Cinema, Pet Shop, Emporium and Restaurant. Sadly I missed out on the Town Hall and eBay prices are ridiculous for that now :(

Seriously tempted to try and get the Balloon Cart off eBay tho - was really impressed with the flower cart :)

We've also been spending time since Xmas re-building all of my old sets from the 80s and putting together a big bricklink order to replace any damaged/worn/yellowed pieces. Lots of old city, system, space and technics stuff. I plan to eBay these sets when complete to fund further expansion of my modular collection. Will be taking pics of them all over the next few weeks as the parts arrive and we finish them so will post some here :)

edit: I also started making a S12 minifigure display using a modified ikea frame:

Ironmask

Finally built the Hulk Smash lab, such a great set, I think I will main the superhero themes.

Sad that I missed Lex's power mech, it is also out of stock in Germany.

Will get all DC and Marvel sets this year(hope for also some comic related sets for marvel or Ant-man)

Just a friendly advice, this is one of the worst sinkhole i've ever felt in. Not even Team Fortress 2 was so bad as an addiction, you start with some cute minifigs to add on your desk and ends with all the variants ever from 2006 to now.
I currently sit at 94 super heroes minifigs and oh boys how much money i've spent.

IHaveIce

Banned
Just a friendly advice, this is one of the worst sinkhole i've ever felt in. Not even Team Fortress 2 was so bad as an addiction, you start with some cute minifigs to add on your desk and ends with all the variants ever from 2006 to now.
I currently sit at 94 super heroes minifigs and oh boys how much money i've spent.
Damn I'm not even that worried about the money I would spend, but I have no place for all the sets sadly.

Why is Lego so addicting :D

wetwired

How did How to train your dragon 2 beat out The Lego Movie or Big Hero 6?! what a crock of shit

anyway, starting a new custom minifig, started with a ninjago skull head and after 20 mins of filing down I now have to polish it smooth and paint it. Any guesses who it will be?

stage1.jpg

So for whatever reason someone returned Lego Star Wars set 9496, Desert Skiff. Since it's been discontinued for so long, plus my discount, I'd get it for about $6.

Probably gonna put it in my Rainy Day Stash, since for $6 no matter what I eventually sold it for I'd make my money back... looking at Brickpedia and BrickLink it looks like it held its MSRP pretty well since retirement, even for a set with both Boba Fett and Lando. I thought Boba Fett was actually much more rare than he is, looks like he's been in a bunch of inexpensive sets and had several redesigns over the years.

I don't know why I'm second guessing this, it's less than what I pay for lunch.

Rootbeer

Banned
LEGO we need a new Lando... better give us one this year, grrr.

The new episode of Star Wars Rebels is out now and it has Lando in it!

Man I've got a serious polybag problem, I have way too many unopened polybags and they keep piling up...D:

I have a huge plastic tote full of unopened polybags :3

How did How to train your dragon 2 beat out The Lego Movie or Big Hero 6?! what a crock of shit

anyway, starting a new custom minifig, started with a ninjago skull head and after 20 mins of filing down I now have to polish it smooth and paint it. Any guesses who it will be?

stage1.jpg

ET?

stage1.jpg

"E..lliott"

Edit: Beaten by Zhivago.

So does Lego Store use Paypal or does it allow currency from foreign countries via visa?

I just checked and it looks like for me, Credit Card or LEGO Gift Card are the only two payment options.

I'm in Canada, and it may be region-specific. I'd be surprised if they allowed Paypal directly. If you have a Visa card that can be used in North America you're probably fine.

Boss Doggie

I just checked and it looks like for me, Credit Card or LEGO Gift Card are the only two payment options.

I'm in Canada, and it may be region-specific. I'd be surprised if they allowed Paypal directly. If you have a Visa card that can be used in North America you're probably fine.

I had used it to pay in Steam before.

kms_md

If only I could trade my HOUWAR or my Unusual Team Captain for minifigs ...

Here's a picture of the TIE prototype! (And a little stand I made for it). Its got such a great design. I wish they included a stand with the set though since it doesn't stand up well, that's my only gripe.

Here's an image of the Mini Cooper I got for my birthday. I love its design so much. Gonna bring these two back to my college dorm, they're gonna be great desk decorations.

Chairhome

Nerdy date night while watching the Golden Globes with my wife. We built these together. I tried to make a tow cable out of floss. :p
10932579_1544842205753740_406772212_n.jpg

edit: I also started making a S12 minifigure display using a modified ikea frame:

My wife made this using a picture frame and a lego mat. The stands slide in pretty well.
10843908_882087238521972_196046514_n.jpg

Boss Doggie

Are there Technic sets that don't look too... Technic? I mean, personally speaking, I think Technic bricks are ugly as sin, and some of the models really suffer from it.

neonglow

Are there Technic sets that don't look too... Technic? I mean, personally speaking, I think Technic bricks are ugly as sin, and some of the models really suffer from it.

There's tons of Lego sets that use Technic pieces as the frame like the Tumbler. Ultra Agents HQ is another set that uses a lot of Technic pieces.

stage1.jpg
Frisky Dingo

Since I have no other new Lego today (oh no!) I opened two polybags to get two new Chima figures: Crawley and Frax. Even though the actual sets do practically nothing for me, the figures are fantastic. So much detail, even though it's mostly obscured by all accessories.

For now, my Chima figures are decorating the fridge through the use of the magnet holders. Maybe I should get a few more...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom