• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rootbeer

Banned
i'm not yet convinced on the supposed 70s vibe of the scooby stuff

when they did ninja turtles, it was in tune with the new show. I expect scooby to be the same.

New Decool wave:

UbzQpHx.jpg

Finally I can complete my Guardians of the Galaxy setup

Jurassic World
Jurassic World set coming out in May. Very dark grey and blue.
75916 Dilophosaurus Ambush £29.99 (New mold for dino)
75920 Raptor Escape £39.99 (Two raptors)
75919 Ultra Dino Breakout £99.99 (comes with D-Rex and gyro pods. has mosquito in amber brick)
75915 Pteranodon Capture (almost the same as the pteranodon takedown tower set. Fires a net.)
75917 Raptor Rampage £49.99 (Only set with Chris Pratt character in, riding a motorbike. Two raptors.)
75918 T-Rex tracker £59.99

Seems odd, isn't he the main character? Who's in the other sets?

IHaveIce

Banned

when they did ninja turtles, it was in tune with the new show. I expect scooby to be the same.

New Decool wave:

UbzQpHx.jpg

who is that on the left?

Man it sucks that the shipping is kinda high for decool figs to Germany.

And Amazon doesn't want to sell them of course

...Headless Horseman....Lighthouse Keeper.

Headless Horseman! Of course....such a great idea. Glad we're getting a Lighthouse Keeper too; such a classic Scooby villain.

60097 City Square £139.99, 14 minifigs
60093 Deep Sea Helicopter £39.99
76036 Carnage vs Spider-Man
7603? Sandman Ambush (Spider-Man, Iron Spider, Sandman and Rhino minifig fits in brick built Rhino)
76035 Jokerland £89.99
76034 Batboat Harbor Pursuit (Batman, Robin (new print) and Deathstroke)
75094 Imperial Shuttle £79.99
75093 Death Star Final Duel £69.99

I'm really looking forward to seeing what some of these sets look like. As someone who is not at all a fan of the City theme, the "City Square" set sounds amazing.

A Deep Sea Helicopter sounds....poorly thought out. Loving the fact that Rhino has a standard fig. As for Deathstroke...is he the goofy looking guy on the TV show Arrow? I'm only in the first season but there's a half orange/black faced dude who I think is called Deathstroke. Or maybe that's Deadshot....I'm bad with comic villains.

Rootbeer

Banned
Ah....ok so the Decool one is another of their (good) interpretations of a non-LEGO character, not a bootleg of an existing fig.

No... it's a bootleg of a very limited figure, which apparently is never coming out in the usa. Not that I mind in this case.

Anything to help me forget ASM2 happened :)

5002125-1.jpg

Fowler

75094 Imperial Shuttle £79.99 (Smaller than UCS, but still with foldable wings, landing gear. More robust than UCS but doesn’t use gears to open/close wings. Camo version of Chewbacca.)

Wait, Camo Chewbacca? He doesn't wear camouflage in Return of the Jedi...

...unless by camouflage they mean that AT-ST he "wore".

cosplay-starwars-chewbacca-at-st-costume.jpg

Is it weird that i am mildly excited for that supposed "Keaton style Batmobile" in the upcoming Joker's Funland although it will probably be miniscule in size and/or pretty disappointing anyway?

Let me answer my own question: No, no it is not! (not ITT anyway)

LEGO is not allowing photos at TF London, as usual.

Here is the first of many reports, from BrickFanatics:

CITY
Firstly there is a massive single standalone set: 60097 City Square £139.99, 14 minifigs (including a green Futuron guy and a Knight to go in the Lego Store), Coffee chain, LEGO store with Pick a Brick, truck, garage, tram and stop, hot dog cart (diff to free giveaway one) and a police station.

OK, that's just evil. "Here's another Neo-Classic Space fig... oh, and you need to buy a HUGE set in a theme you don't care about to get him."

Is it weird that i am mildly excited for that supposed "Keaton style Batmobile" in the upcoming Joker's Funland although it will probably be miniscule in size and/or pretty disappointing anyway?

Let me answer my own question: No, no it is not! (not ITT anyway)

Not at all. I'm very excited. Anton Furst Batmobile is best Batmobile.

It's a $100+ set so it should be halfway decent.

If Scooby-Doo really is the 70s style I will buy them all. I.. I guess I would have anyway but at least I won't have to change their heads out. Interesting about the two Scooby moulds!

Also how are people not freaking out about the TEEN TITANS in the Joker set?!? Starfire, Beast Boy, and Robin?? And we have Cyborg from the JLA sets, so we're only missing one more character and we'll have the whole team! (Well, the one from the cartoon that I'm familiar with at least)

Also I totally called the the dino figures for each set. Not like it was a stretch but still :p

Aahhhhhh someone's GOTTA leak photos!!

Not at all. I'm very excited. Anton Furst Batmobile is best Batmobile.

It's a $100+ set so it should be halfway decent.

Well... something tells me that this set will have a TON of stuff going on for it's Centerpiece which does not leave that many bricks for said Batmobile but... ready to be surprised ;)

LEGO is not allowing photos at TF London, as usual.

Here is the first of many reports, from BrickFanatics:

Friends
41103 Pop Star Recording Studio £12.99
41104 Pop Star Dressing Room (mirrored element)
41105 Pop Star Show Stage £34.99 (Revolving stage lights and backgrounds)
41106 Tour Bus £49.99
41107 Pop Star Limo £19.99
41101 Hotel £89.99 (two new characters, Nate and Susan hotel workers, juice bar
and grand piano)
41099 Heartlake Skate Park £17.99 (very orange)
41108 Grocery Store £34.99
and a Friends-style 6-stud wide jet with security gate £24.99

Scooby-Doo
Now for the first big news, Scooby Doo theme is happening. Below is list of sets with details and prices. Rumours of new film, the minifigure include new hair molds on Shaggy, Velma and Daphne, poss Fred too. Classic 70s vibe, not minidolls. Box art involves gang being chased by monsters Different Scooby snack in each set. Two Scoobys, non-posable (paw up, paw down) Black Knight, Dracula, Ghost (glow in the dark), Headless Horseman (pumpkin on head which lifts off to reveal bad guy), Zombie, Mummy, Lighthouse Keeper.

75902 Mystery Machine £29.99 (won’t fit whole gang, back doors swing open, kitchen in back, likely new windscreen part as that wasn’t shown)
75904 Mystery Mansion £99.99 (have to buy this and the other set to get the whole gang)
75903 Haunted Lighthouse £39.99
75901 Plane Chase Escape £19.99
75900 Mummy Museum Mystery £11.99

CITY
Firstly there is a massive single standalone set: 60097 City Square £139.99, 14 minifigs (including a green Futuron guy and a Knight to go in the Lego Store), Coffee chain, LEGO store with Pick a Brick, truck, garage, tram and stop, hot dog cart (diff to free giveaway one) and a police station.

Deep Sea Explorers, yellow and Dark blue, Explorers taking you outside the city, linked to Space theme

60093 Deep Sea Helicopter £39.99 (twin rotor, includes submersible vessel (like Octopussy) that drops down from line)
60092 Submarine £24.99
60091 Underwater Starter Set £8.99 (remote rover with three minifigs)
60090 Deep Sea Scuba Scooter £4.99
60095 Deep Sea Exlploration Vessel £79.99 (huge solid hull so floats, new swordfish, wreck feature that can get destroyed, dark red octopus)
The space theme is back with 4 main sets as follows:

60080 Spaceport £69.99
60079 Training Jet Transporter £39.99
60078 Utility Shuttle £17.99
60077 Space Starter £8.99

Ultra Agents
70171 Ultrasonic Showdown £17.99 (guy with electric style mask on a flying glider)
70172 Anti Matter’s Portal Hideout £49.99 (big robotic shark (same mold that’s been used before) )
70173 Ocean HQ £79.99 (brick built hull, sides come down to reveal some boat and hidden compartments)

Jurassic World
Jurassic World set coming out in May. Very dark grey and blue.
75916 Dilophosaurus Ambush £29.99 (New mold for dino)
75920 Raptor Escape £39.99 (Two raptors)
75919 Ultra Dino Breakout £99.99 (comes with D-Rex and gyro pods. has mosquito in amber brick)
75915 Pteranodon Capture (almost the same as the pteranodon takedown tower set. Fires a net.)
75917 Raptor Rampage £49.99 (Only set with Chris Pratt character in, riding a motorbike. Two raptors.)
75918 T-Rex tracker £59.99

Super Heroes
Age of Ultron sets shown, same as leaked photos.

76036 Carnage vs Spider-Man (comes with Miles Morales)
7603? Sandman Ambush (Spider-Man, Iron Spider, Sandman and Rhino minifig fits in brick built Rhino)
Plus 1 x Ant Man set, £19.99 not shown

DC has two sets for Summer
76035 Jokerland £89.99 (Bigger and better than Joker’s Funhouse. Brick built joker face at the top, Vine tower ride thing, Wheel of ducks, Keaton-style Batmobile, Zip wire, Comes with Starfire, Beast Boy, Robin, Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy, Penguin, Joker, Batman)
76034 Batboat Harbor Pursuit (Batman, Robin (new print) and Deathstroke)

Star Wars
No Force Awakens sets shown.

75094 Imperial Shuttle £79.99 (Smaller than UCS, but still with foldable wings, landing gear. More robust than UCS but doesn’t use gears to open/close wings. Camo version of Chewbacca.)
75093 Death Star Final Duel £69.99 (much bigger version than before, includes sliding door to enter the scene, springer action to jump minifig into the air. Emperor’s throne area very similar to the scene in the Death Star set, except more spread out. Two side builds, one is a tube to throw Vader (new printing) down.)
75091 Flash speeder £39.99 (green, chunky, two minifigs)
75106 Imperial Assault Carrier £99.99 (From Rebels. Holds 4 mini TIE Fighters (bigger than polybag size) Rear geared weapon thing and a carry handle.)
75092 Naboo Starfighter £54.99 (Fires missiles, R2-D2, Anakin, and a mechanic)

Minecraft
21121 Desert Outpost £59.99 (designed heavily in conjunction with the community)
21119 Dungeon £19.99
21120 Snow Hideout £39.99 (has a snowman in)
21122 Nether Fortress £69.99 (comes with zombie, lots of dark red, something called Blaze?)

Ninjago
Ninjago, very popular still. General theme is Ghosts. Lots of sets comes with ghost minions (look like Slimers). Lots of Glow in the dark elements. Airjitsu – rebranded spinners which fly. Feature minifigs in transparent capsules
70733 Cole’s Earth Bike
70737 Titan Mech Battle £39.99 (two huge fighting mechs)
70735 Ronin Rex £39.99
70736 Ghost Dragon (Chinese style dragon)
70738 Final Flight of Destiny’s Bounty £99.9 (holes cut in fabric wings to make it look ragged)

Technic
And finally Technic, there is a massive set for Christmas, Mercedes Benz Arocs dump truck £169.99. Return of pneumatic, geared base similar to crane mk 2 and a Uni-mogg crossed with the skip lorry.

No exclusives (ie. Helicarrier, Kwik-E-Mart) nor CMFs were shown.

More impressions to come from Brickset and others throughout the day, and hopefully some leaked photos. The first "real" photos will be at the Nurnberg TF, which is in a week.

IIlYWbp.jpg

76035 Jokerland £89.99 (Bigger and better than Joker’s Funhouse. Brick built joker face at the top, Vine tower ride thing, Wheel of ducks, Keaton-style Batmobile, Zip wire, Comes with Starfire, Beast Boy, Robin, Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy, Penguin, Joker, Batman)

Wut? I can't wait for the Batman and the Legion of Super Heroes sets someday. I get the tie-in with Robin, but ... oh well, won't complain as I'm finally getting some Teen Titans even though it's Batman and the Teen Titans.

Can't wait to see Deathstroke. Only Lobo would top that!

Ninjago, very popular still. General theme is Ghosts. Lots of sets comes with ghost minions (look like Slimers). Lots of Glow in the dark elements. Airjitsu – rebranded spinners which fly. Feature minifigs in transparent capsules

Slimers?!? I really hope they look a lot like them. Would be a sneaky way to work them into the sets since no new moulds are allowed on LEGO Idea sets.

Seriously...give Ninjago a break until the movie comes out. What I'm really saying is "Give me a break...I can't buy all this stuff".

LEGOOOOOOOO!

Ryuuroden

Oooooh. Might have to take a drive Wednesday if they have the headlight bricks on the PAB wall. Would be worth the gas money for that. I would love to get a ton of them for modular MOCs.

Were they the SNOT with the recessed stud and open back, or the ones with just one stud on the side and flat?

they were the recessed stud and open back 1x1 ones. These ones are awesome for doing brickwork on by putting tiles on the side.

So just ordered 42037 for parts... This will be the first set I've ever ordered just for the pieces. Mainly the large wheels, engine pistons, springs, and other assorted pieces that should help me out greatly in building my car. I'm thinking I might be able to make a Miata inspired car, with the motor transferring torque through the piston engine. I'm also trying to work out the best way for me to get pinion and suspension on the front wheels, but I think Ill be able to use some ideas from the set I ordered.

Hardest part is going to be getting the frame of the car... I have fewer technic pieces than I'd like for building that up.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I'm going crazy waiting for some photos to leak. Some photos HAVE to leak out, right!?

Rootbeer

Banned
hoping for some The Force Awakens set leaks since they were supposedly shown in private? anything is possible :D

people need to start wearing hidden cameras to these things

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member

New Decool wave:

UbzQpHx.jpg

DAT JUGGERNAUT. Might have to maybe probably take a tiny little peak into Decool. JUST A PEAK

ghostmind

More Star Wars details:

The Final Duel set includes the Emperor, Luke, Vader and two Royal Guards. Vader has a new two-piece helmet - it's similar to the current one except with a neck brace.

The Shuttle includes Han (trenchcoat will be printed by the looks of it), Leia (with poncho), Chewbacca (didn't notice any differences or 'camo') and two Endor rebels.

The Assault Carrier includes Agent Kallus (hair, not helmet), two TIE Pilots, a green Astro, an Imperial Officer and Sabine (with helmet).

So sad, when I finish those 2 I won't have much in the way of backlog left :( I built some 20-30 sets the last 2 weeks with the biggest ones saved for last.

Oh btw, went to The LEGO Store today and they had some excellent stuff on the wall. I got a whole large container of black headlight bricks. My stockpile that was destroyed by Orthanc has been refreshed. Got some other cool stuff like 1x2 medium light blue/sand blue plates and some other stuff I haven't seen on the wall before. Looks like they put up the new quarterly stuff.

I'm trying to figure out if I need a lot of those headlight bricks. For those that don't know the 1x1 brick oftern referred to as the headlight or washing machine brick is the only LEGO brick named after a designer. It is also referred to as the Erling brick who designed it. There is another brick called the Travis brick, but it isn't an official name.

Yes they have done a PAB refresh. I loaded up 3 large cups of stuff. Will probably go back for 1 or 2 more large cups. This time I'll bring back cups to save $0.50 each cup. Need some more 1x2 medium blue plates.

Anytime there is a 1x2 brick in a color I don't have I automatically fill a large cup. I try to do the same for 1x4 bricks. I'm sure orange 1x2 bricks will come in handy some day. Not sure if I'll load up a full large cup of dark pink 1x2 bricks. Hmmm...

Brick Fan did a good write-up on this quarters PAB refresh.

http://www.thebrickfan.com/2015-first-quarter-lego-store-pick-a-brick-wall/

ghostmind

For the CITY sets, the buzz is definitely on the Town Square - hearing very positive impressions.

The new Deep Sea sets also were impressive, but the CITY Space sets less so, since they appeared to be aimed at a younger audience.

Ryuuroden

Lol, that bricklink order I mentioned a page ago that I made on November 24th finally switched its status to shipped. Yay. Mixed feelings on the whole thing. Biggest headache of an order I have ever made on bricklink BY FAR and I have made over 100 orders from various sellers on there. I literally built 1/2 of Orthanc between the time I ordered it and now. Most of the stuff in the order I re-purchased in other orders since then and received weeks ago just because I could not wait on it any longer. LUGbulk orders get processed and shipped from Europe in faster time.

Going to go open my Tumbler now and start on that.

My wallet will rue the day that I discovered that there are power functions Legos. Especially the kind that Ill be able to build cars out of.

I'm seeing this $200 power functions truck, that seems to have the new IR receiver. Is that hard to find right now? Its probably what Im getting with my tax return.

More Star Wars details:

The Final Duel set includes the Emperor, Luke, Vader and two Royal Guards. Vader has a new two-piece helmet - it's similar to the current one except with a neck brace.

The Shuttle includes Han (trenchcoat will be printed by the looks of it), Leia (with poncho), Chewbacca (didn't notice any differences or 'camo') and two Endor rebels.

The Assault Carrier includes Agent Kallus (hair, not helmet), two TIE Pilots, a green Astro, an Imperial Officer and Sabine (with helmet).

Earlier they said the carrier has tie fighters, are the pilots going to be able to fit inside them?

wetwired

New Decool wave:

UbzQpHx.jpg

Catwoman and Zurg an Argh batman sold, the rest I'm not really interested in, either LEGO already does them or it's not my thing

ghostmind

Brickset Toy Fair report:

City - Space Port
Four sets will be available.

60077 Space Starter Set (£9) - A small starter set with a lunar buggy and four minifigs
60078 Utility Shuttle (£18)- Looked like a short and stubby space shuttle, with a new (I think) moulded nose piece
60079 Training Jet Transporter (£40) - A blue and white jet aircraft on a flatbed truck
60080 Spaceport (£70) - A full-size shuttle on a mobile launch pad complete with medium brown rocket fuel tank which has a new 6-wide cone piece for its nose. Given real space shuttles are retired now it's perhaps surprising that these sets feature them.
These sets are aimed at younger builders so, like last years Arctic sets, they are slightly juniorised.

City - Deep Sea Explorers
These look fantastic and for me were the best minifig sets on display. They are reminiscent of the old Divers theme from 1997

60090 Deep Sea Scuba Scooter (£4) - a small submersible and one minifig
60091 Deep Sea Starter Set (£8) - a remote submersible and three minifigs.
60092 Deep Sea Submarine (£25) - a fantastic looking vessel, primarily yellow
60093 Deep Sea Helicopter (£40) - A very nice looking aircraft, primarily dark blue. I think it also comes with a submersible to winch into the sea.
60095 Deep Sea Exploration Vessel (£80) - A chunky looking vessel with a new shaped hull which probably floats and which is probably something like 16 studs wide. The hull is dark blue, the rest white and yellow. It comes with a small sub that's unloaded from the back of it and a shipwreck, which I thought was quite large and I was surprised the set came with so much in it. The wreck itself looked to be a modern vessel rather than something Tudor, for example.

Creator
Three new sets:

31037 Adventure Vehicles (£18) - a green and white SUV vehicle. I didn't notice what the alternative models were
31038 Changing Seasons (£40) - a small square-ish house, much the same size as the new beach hut, with a bit of garden with tree and BBQ. It comes with parts to change the season: different colour leaves for the tree, white slopes for the roof etc.
31039 Blue Power Jet (£50) - Dark blue and white, about the same size and similar design to the red/white one from a few years ago.

Elves
In addition to the sets we know are coming in March, there will be two more in the Summer:

41077 Aira's Pegasus Sleigh (£35) - a sleigh hauled by two white horses with wings. There must have been more to it than that given the price but I can't recall. Comes with figures Azari and Aira.
41078 Skyra's Mysterious Sky Castle (£75) - On a c.16x32 green baseplate, primarily tan but with plenty of purple and light purple/lavender pieces. Has some sort of portal in the front of it, presumably the way back for the human character, Emily, in the story. Comes with Naida, Emily and Sky Lady figures.

Friends
The friends now have a pop star friend called Livi. Five sets revolve around her: a recording studio, dressing room, stage, tour bus and limo. They are predominantly white, black and magenta in colour rather than pastel.

41101 Grand Hotel (£100) looked pretty good. I didn't get a good look because the area was crowded but what from I remember it was tan with lavender highlights, had a lot of pillars at the front and two bedrooms upstairs.

Ninjago
There was too much to take in on the Ninjago stand.. Three of the sets are dragons and one features two mechs. Master Wu's Dragon is a white brick-built 4-legged beast while the others are dark blue and a very light green that was hard to identify in the lighting. It was a very striking colour scheme, that's for sure.

The 'Airjitzus' are interesting. They consist of a small brick built handle, a rip cord and a flying disc/rotor that flies upwards when the cord is pulled. A minifig is mounted on top inside a new clear canopy piece that screws into place, kind of a bayonet fitting, like a camera lens.

Technic
42040 Fire Plane (£45, 578 pieces) - A white with red seaplane, maybe 30cm wingspan whose single propeller turns as it's pushed along the ground. It comes with trans blue 2x2 round bricks that can be ejected onto a fire below.
42042 Crawler Crane (£110, 1401 pieces) - a very large and impressive motorised crane which, refreshingly, is blue and not yellow. The boom must have been 1m long.
42043 Mercedes Benz Arocs 3245 (£170, 2793 pieces) - A stunning vehicle featuring power functions and pneumatics. The cab is white, the tipper grey. It has a pneumatically controlled red arm with an opening scoop at the end. The arm has a new rack housing at the end of it that solves the problem of it being too thick when brick built. It comes with a large motor, 4 pneumatic cylinders, a blue pump cylinder and 4 valve controls. There are three types of cylinder which might all be new. On the box they are labelled as 2/11, 1/11 and 1/5. The 2/11 is, presumably, 11 units long and 2 wide, the 1/11 was 1 unit wide and, well, you can guess the other one. The Mercedes logo is printed on a 2x2 boat stud. The alternative model, a flatbed truck, looks as good as the main one. This was easily the 'best in show' as far as I'm concerned.

Ultra Agents
Three new sets will be released in the summer. I must confess that I can't tell you much about them beacuse while the rest of the group were being told about them I was busy recording names and colours of Mixels which I felt to be more important. However, the largest set, 70173 Ocean HQ looked great. It's a sizeable boat, probably 12" or so long. The most impressive thing about it was that it has a brick built hull. I suspect there are loads of doors and features on it typical of Agents sets.

They will have a report on licensed themes tomorrow.

ghostmind

Bionicle
70791 Skull Warrior (£13)
70792 Skull Slicer (£13)
70793 Skull Basher (£13)
70794 Skull Scorpio (£13)
70795 Mask Maker vs. Skull Grinder (£25)
As you'd expect from the names they are all bad guys. They looked skeletal and 'dark'. Although they were each a different 'feature colour' there wasn't much of it used. They feature a lot of new panel pieces that are hard to describe but look like torn cloth or something like that. I suspect those on display were prototype parts because they looked to be spray painted a matt dark grey with speckles in it which might not be the final finish. All are the same size as the Toas.

Bionicle
70791 Skull Warrior (£13)
70792 Skull Slicer (£13)
70793 Skull Basher (£13)
70794 Skull Scorpio (£13)
70795 Mask Maker vs. Skull Grinder (£25)
As you'd expect from the names they are all bad guys. They looked skeletal and 'dark'. Although they were each a different 'feature colour' there wasn't much of it used. They feature a lot of new panel pieces that are hard to describe but look like torn cloth or something like that. I suspect those on display were prototype parts because they looked to be spray painted a matt dark grey with speckles in it which might not be the final finish. All are the same size as the Toas.

Hrm. I'll have to see the Bionicle. I'm still not totally feeling the refresh, after getting Tahu and protector of Fire.

As for 42042, the crane, what motors did you see on it? I'm trying to figure out the best ways to get some motors, though the answer is likely the 4x4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom