• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostmind

Hrm. I'll have to see the Bionicle. I'm still not totally feeling the refresh, after getting Tahu and protector of Fire.

As for 42042, the crane, what motors did you see on it? I'm trying to figure out the best ways to get some motors, though the answer is likely the 4x4.

This report comes from Brickset, but if you wait a week we should have more details from the Germany TF.

Ponn

Banned
I've been out to doctor appt's all day and come back to a bunch of Lego news. This is awesome.

Scooby-Doo
Now for the first big news, Scooby Doo theme is happening. Below is list of sets with details and prices. Rumours of new film, the minifigure include new hair molds on Shaggy, Velma and Daphne, poss Fred too. Classic 70s vibe, not minidolls. Box art involves gang being chased by monsters Different Scooby snack in each set. Two Scoobys, non-posable (paw up, paw down) Black Knight, Dracula, Ghost (glow in the dark), Headless Horseman (pumpkin on head which lifts off to reveal bad guy), Zombie, Mummy, Lighthouse Keeper.

75902 Mystery Machine £29.99 (won’t fit whole gang, back doors swing open, kitchen in back, likely new windscreen part as that wasn’t shown)
75904 Mystery Mansion £99.99 (have to buy this and the other set to get the whole gang)
75903 Haunted Lighthouse £39.99
75901 Plane Chase Escape £19.99
75900 Mummy Museum Mystery £11.99

76036 Carnage vs Spider-Man (comes with Miles Morales)
7603? Sandman Ambush (Spider-Man, Iron Spider, Sandman and Rhino minifig fits in brick built Rhino)
Plus 1 x Ant Man set, £19.99 not shown

DC has two sets for Summer
76035 Jokerland £89.99 (Bigger and better than Joker’s Funhouse. Brick built joker face at the top, Vine tower ride thing, Wheel of ducks, Keaton-style Batmobile, Zip wire, Comes with Starfire, Beast Boy, Robin, Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy, Penguin, Joker, Batman)
76034 Batboat Harbor Pursuit (Batman, Robin (new print) and Deathstroke).

Scooby Doo has lots of potential either way. It could be an awesome in its own way Monster Fighters replacement or it could be pretty damn disappointing, need pics. The Headless Horseman sounds awesome, still need to see that mansion.

Miles Morales?! Iron Spider?! Sandman?! Carnage?! Hell yeaaaaaa!!! Finally some Spider-Man variants.

That DC *bites fist* emmmmmmmmmm.... Jokerland sounds like it could be such a kick-ass set. I will probably want it but I almost wish it didn't come with a batmobile so all the piece count could go to the set. Between that, Scooby Doo and the Mixer and Ferris Wheel i'm definitely doing a creepy carnival scene for Halloween with a Scooby Doo/Batman crossover. I need some creepy clowns. One negative, where is Raven? I mean I also want Kid Flash/Impulse, Speedy and Aqualad but no Raven with Robin, Starfire, Beastboy and Super Boy out there is killng me. On top of that DEATHSTROKE!!

That City Town set sounds so awesome . Also the Spaceport has peaked my interest. I would love a Space Shuttle set since I wasn't around for that last one. Hope that maybe is an unannounced VIP set or something.

Ok i'm done for now. WHERE IS THE HELICARRIER!!

Toxi

Banned
Bionicle
70791 Skull Warrior (£13)
70792 Skull Slicer (£13)
70793 Skull Basher (£13)
70794 Skull Scorpio (£13)
70795 Mask Maker vs. Skull Grinder (£25)
As you'd expect from the names they are all bad guys. They looked skeletal and 'dark'. Although they were each a different 'feature colour' there wasn't much of it used. They feature a lot of new panel pieces that are hard to describe but look like torn cloth or something like that. I suspect those on display were prototype parts because they looked to be spray painted a matt dark grey with speckles in it which might not be the final finish. All are the same size as the Toas.
Interesting. I hope there's more variety of color in the final pieces, but I love the sound of those torn cloth-looking parts. Very useful if you want a more organic texture.

So, I started a MOC today. Something I want to put up on LEGO Ideas as soon as I can. Hoping to get a first draft done by tomorrow afternoon then refine it after that. All I know is that it is really tough trying to make a replica of something in a small mini fig scale. There are so many details I want to get in, but can't and keep it at the smaller scale.
Hoping to refine it and then get it up on Ideas soon so they might be able to get it out this year for the 10th anniversary. What is it?

Chevy-impala.jpg

The Impala from Supernatural.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
So, I started a MOC today. Something I want to put up on LEGO Ideas as soon as I can. Hoping to get a first draft done by tomorrow afternoon then refine it after that. All I know is that it is really tough trying to make a replica of something in a small mini fig scale. There are so many details I want to get in, but can't and keep it at the smaller scale.
Hoping to refine it and then get it up on Ideas soon so they might be able to get it out this year for the 10th anniversary. What is it?

Chevy-impala.jpg

I don't watch Supernatural, but I love cars. I'm really excited to see what you can do!

Ponn

Banned

Chevy-impala.jpg

Oh that would be sweet. Don't forget the trunk, that would put it over.

Bionicle
70791 Skull Warrior (£13)
70792 Skull Slicer (£13)
70793 Skull Basher (£13)
70794 Skull Scorpio (£13)
70795 Mask Maker vs. Skull Grinder (£25)
As you'd expect from the names they are all bad guys. They looked skeletal and 'dark'. Although they were each a different 'feature colour' there wasn't much of it used. They feature a lot of new panel pieces that are hard to describe but look like torn cloth or something like that. I suspect those on display were prototype parts because they looked to be spray painted a matt dark grey with speckles in it which might not be the final finish. All are the same size as the Toas.

I am always glad to get villains that equal the Toa. I'm still super curious what a 2015 version of Bohrok would look like.

My hope for scooby doo to become Monster Fighters 2.0 stays alive.

And I'm still enough of a sucker for anything remotely Castle-like to be interested in elves.

Kinda interested in the large underwater City set if the shipwreck looks cool.

I have a feeling almost anything I buy this year will be an out-of-print set though... I missed town hall, and many lotr/hobbit sets I'd like to have, so I will probably enter a period of lego-scrambling.

Urg. Designing all this shit is hard work.

Here's a question: I'm building a car, trying to use Power Functions, and right now I'm starting to test it out. I've got three gears, low, medium, and high. But when I set them in the gears, they seem to behave the opposite! This MIGHT just be an issue of acceleration, but I can't yet test. Is it possibly my torque having issues?

Also, how much effect does the overall weight on the vehicle have on its ability to drive? Should I look into getting the L motor? The weight right now doesn't have the battery pack on its load.

Chevy-impala.jpg

Shit, how awesome is that? I'm in all the way if this makes it through!!!

The problem i foresee though is that it isn't a recognizable vehicle at ALL for Lego since it's just a regular car on the outside :( so it's not like Ecto-1 where you can instantly identify it as a popular vehicle just by looking at it.

Still though, i'd LOVE this one, needs to come with Dean+Sam+Bobby and MAYBE Caz (in his vessel/trenchcoat form obviously) but 4 figs is pushing it!! :)

I am having a helluva time trying to figure out the front end of the Impala. I am trying to keep it about 8 studs wide so it is close enough to mini fig scale, but doing so makes it look blocky and without the subtle curves of the front of it and the silver trim work.

The sides of the car I have down, along with silver trim without it being too large. But the front end just looks blocky as hell. Just not as blocky as some of the other LEGO Impalas I have found online.

SupernaturalImpala_1k_prts_1024x1024.jpg

It is just blocky as hell, and so hard to micro scale down.

Now look at this MOC.

8396973647_b8f6941fbb.jpg

The roof looks bad, but the front end looks so awesome compared to the real car. AAAAAH! This is maddening.

I need to take some WIP pics tomorrow. But I need to go to bed before my brain explodes.

EDIT: I looked at the Brickstorm page for the first Impala, and there was a link to a custom Professor X figure. This is awesome, and very easily MOCable.

ProfessorX_Prts2_large.jpg

Just finished building Infearno Interception. Man, I can see why it made it onto the LegoGAF recommendation list. So many different pieces I've never seen before (I'm still fresh out my Dark Ages though), heaps of cool techniques, and it looks (and plays) awesomely. Really dig the Infearno minifig and surfboard too.

Awesome recommendation, guys. LegoGAF is best GAF.

judhudson

There is something magical about walking out of the LEGO Store with two giant yellow bags and having everyone in the mall gawk at you :D

10931433_10205797816204211_7346269319730168871_n.jpg

Ponn

Banned
The pre-order for The Hobbit Battle of Five Armies Target Edition movie is up now for $26. I'd really recommend you guys pre-order this because of how hard it is to get this movie at the store on release day. Comes with an exclusive Bain variant as well as the Bard.

http://www.target.com/p/hobbit-battle-of-five-armies-blu-ray-dvd-target-exclusive/-/A-16971733

Oh that is just perfect. Now I don't have to buy that Battle of Five Armies set. Just bricklink a Thorin fig and I will be good.

Is there anything exclusive to lego land California worth picking up?

There are a few exclusive souvenir stuff that may be nice to have, but nothing must have IMO.

This is an example exclusive set:
http://brickset.com/sets/40115-1

Also, their Pick A Brick is a ripoff. They charge by weight, but if you see anything in large quantities you can't find anywhere else it may be worth it.

I have found that Legoland stores tend to have some old out of print sets. They also tend to have a lot of polybags that may be hard to find.

EDIT: Interesting they went with flesh tones for the miniland sized figures. I never noticed that all the times I've seen them. I only mention it because it seems they have the option of darker skin in that set I linked above.

ghostmind

Brickset Toy Fair report part 2:

Minecraft (June)
I don't know a great deal about Minecraft but the four new sets looked to be much the same as those that have gone before. They represent different biomes but the structure of each one is very similar and the unfinished edges invite expansion as in the first wave. These are all said to be out in August:

21119 The Dungeon (£19.99) - I was quite impressed with this set in terms of value for money although the subject matter is of little interest to me. It consists of a fairly substantial area of uneven terrain with some cell bars built into one side of a hill and includes three minifigures: Steve and two Zombies.

21120 The Snow Hideout (£39.99) - This set included a cave with some terrain surrounding it and was mainly white, with hints of light bluish grey. Steve, Creeper and a Snowman are included.

21121 The Desert Outpost (£59.99) - A number of printed trans-clear 1x2 tiles caught my eye more than anything else in this set, which seems to be some kind of shelter hidden among the dunes. I am not entirely sure what these tiles represent, only that they are covered in tiny black and red squares. Steve and three bow-armed Skeletons are included along with a Wolf.

21122 The Nether Fortress (£69.99) - This lava based set was the most eye catching of the lot in my opinion and featured multiple levels, not unlike 21118 The Mine. It also included the most interesting minifigures in my opinion as in addition to Steve we find a new Zombie, which was very well detailed and a Blaze, which was represented by a single blocky head piece.

Jurassic World (May)
My feelings on these are mixed. Although several of the sets looked rather nice the prices were off-putting for me. This is no doubt a result of the dinosaur moulds, which have apparently undergone some slight changes since their last appearance (though I can't say I noticed the updates). There are six sets to be released in May:

75915 Pteranodon Capture (£19.99) - This set looks very much like 5883 Tower Takedown to me and includes a Pterodactyl, which certainly has some new printing on it.

75916 Dilophosaurus Ambush (£29.99) - These dinosaurs probably do have new moulds as they featured head crests I do not recall seeing before. To be honest I don't remember anything about the set itself other than that I thought it was rather overpriced. Once again that will be down to the new moulds.

75917 Raptor Rampage (£49.99) - This model was my favourite of the selection. It includes two Velociraptors which are named (one was called Charlie) and are different colours. A motorcycle for Chris Pratt's character is included but far more interesting was the large blue and white vet truck, which reminded me of the truck in 7726 Coast Guard Truck with Speed Boat. Unlike that truck however this one has a substantial rear section which included some internal details that looked rather nice.

75918 T-Rex Tracker (£59.99) - The T-Rex looked much the same as that which appeared in the previous dino series and was dark orange in colour. Other than that I couldn't really see what was included as there were a number of small models on the display and the sets were overlapping a bit.

75919 Ultra Dino (£99.99) - I suspect 'Ultra Dino' is not the official name for this set which focused on some kind of headquarters for the heroes. The shape of the fort was much like 5887 Dino Defense HQ and it came with the white and grey Indominus Rex (D-Rex). The scientist character was included I noticed and the fly trapped in amber is captured as a printed orange moonstone. Most exciting of all in my opinion is the inclusion of two Gyrospheres from the trailer. These are formed a bit like a LEGO bauble and there is a seat inside each one for a minifigure which will rotate with the ball to keep them level. A launching mechanism accompanies them.

75920 Raptor Escape (£39.99) - Two more Velociraptors were included in this set and they were different colours to those in the Raptor Rampage set which was good to see. These too were named so presumably are part of Chris Pratt's army of tame Velociraptors.

DC Super Heroes (June)
Probably the biggest surprise of the entire Toy Fair for me was the news that the Killer Croc bigfig was nothing more than a rumour. I asked the staff member about it and he commented that he was aware of the rumour but didn't know where it had come from as there was no truth in it. Unusually it is the minifigures that disappoint in these sets (although I am looking forward to Deathstroke) while the sets looked pretty good.

76034 Harbour Pursuit (£29.99) - This set includes three minifigures: Batman, Robin and Deathstroke. The image of Deathstroke on the card was still blank but I am delighted to see we are getting a Deathstroke minifigure as I love the character. I believe Batman now has leg printing but is otherwise the same as his most recent incarnation and Robin was wearing his New 52 garb. The Batboat has dual cockpits and Deathstroke comes with a jetski used to tow the safe he has stolen.

76035 Jokerland (£89.99) - This set was very impressive in every regard except for the minifigures. The Joker, Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy, Penguin, Batman, Robin, Beast Boy and Starfire are all included and each villain comes with their own twisted fairground ride. Joker has a large brick-built version of his face which is over the entranceway to the park while Harley Quinn rides a motorcycle across a highwire. It was unclear whether the villains were the same as the previous versions but since the minifigures in the packaging were not completed, I suspect these are new variants. Poison Ivy has a plant-themed ride while Penguin looks to have spruced up 'hook-a-duck' to make it rather more deadly. A 1989 Batman style Batmobile is included with a large air intake at the front. I like the set itself but would have preferred to see a couple of new villains. Beast Boy and Starfire were represented by blank minifigures in images.

Marvel Super Heroes (June)
These two sets were very nice in my opinion and it is great to see so many new characters included, particularly given the modest sizes of the sets!

76036 Carnage's Shield Sky Attack (£11.99) - This set includes some great minifigures: Miles Morales' Spider-Man, a SHIELD Agent and Carnage, all three of whom looked superb. The model of a mini jet was not bad, but obviously it is not the focus of a set this size.

76037 Rhino and Sandman Supervillain Team (£44.99) - I love this set. Iron Spider, Spider-Man, Sandman and Rhino are all included and Rhino's brick-built mech was excellent, almost reaching MOC standard I thought! A building site is the setting for the action and a large hand, belonging to Sandman, rises out of the ground. Generally this looked like a great set and the minifigure selection is equally impressive.

76039 Marvel's Ant-Man (£19.99) - The only confirmed details given for this set are the price as it was not on show, although under interrogation the man on the stand suggested that it might be reasonable to assume that an Ant-Man microfigure was included as well as a minifigure version.

Star Wars (June)
Overall I thought the Star Wars selection was pretty good, although like the DC Super Heroes sets it might be the models themselves which appeal more than the minifigures! There were seven Episode VII sets although they were hidden away and the staff member could not even give me a release date, let alone confirm any set names. Otherwise it is a mixture of Episode I, Episode VI and Star Wars Rebels.

75091 Flash Speeder (£34.99) - This set actually seemed like pretty good value for money as it included five minifigures: two Battle Droids, two Naboo Security Guards and a Gungan Warrior. The Flash Speeder itself is probably a little oversized although it had the shape absolutely right and looked superb to me with seating for at least two minifigures and a large gun turret on the back.

75092 Naboo Starfighter (£54.99) - The Naboo Starfighter was the 'worst in show' in my opinion. It looked very much like previous versions other than having a little more bulk underneath on this occasion, and the price was greatly inflated by the inclusion of a couple of ground vehicles for maintenance. The minifigures have all been seen before, although some were new variants: Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Naboo Pilot, R2-D2, two Battle Droids and two Droidekas. I must admit that the new Droidekas looked pretty good, although they felt tacked on in an attempt to justify the price.

75093 Death Star Final Duel (£69.99) - I have little doubt that this will stand out among the Star Wars sets for many. This is obviously a playset but actually looked quite impressive with some nice details and three large round windows like in the film. It includes a sliding door much like 9526 Palpatine's Arrest and has some room for dueling in front of the Emperor's throne. Two Royal Guards, Emperor Palpatine, Luke Skywalker and, most excitingly, a new Darth Vader are included! The new helmet and upper torso pieces were only visible in images but looked great. It is a bit of a shame that the change is being made as the current helmet has been around since the beginning of LEGO Star Wars, but the new version looked like an improvement to me.

75094 Imperial Shuttle Tydirium (£79.99) - This model was visible from the back when we entered the Star Wars area and immediately I was impressed. The engines and wings looked simply like scaled down versions of those on 10212 Imperial Shuttle and the minifigure selection is not bad either with Chewbacca, Han Solo (in Endor garb at last), Leia and two Rebel Commandos included. However, the cockpit area looks awful. The general shape has been lost and although I appreciate an attempt at a brick-built version rather than a large windscreen with a sticker, the result was not very impressive.

75097 Star Wars Advent Calendar (£24.99) -
The general theme of the Advent Calendar was the same as usual with a selection of mini models and minifigures. The mini models were actually pretty impressive I thought and included a Sandcrawler, Probe Droid, Sarlacc Pit and Jabba's Sail Barge. I doubt the box artwork was completed as the two seasonal minifigures, R2-D2 as a reindeer and C-3PO as Santa Claus, looked fairly crude. I would hope that new prints will be added prior to release. Assuming they are, this looks to be the best Advent Calendar yet!

75106 Imperial Assault Carrier (£99.99) - As many people guessed this set is in fact a Gozanti-Class Cruiser as seen in Star Wars Rebels. The external silhouette looked pretty much perfect but the inside was disappointing, with only a single seat cockpit and a computer console. Four mini TIE fighters hang from underneath the ship and looked to be a little bigger than polybag versions. The ship was very much in the same style as 7964 Republic Frigate, with decent detail on the outside but almost nothing on the inside. The minifigures include Agent Kallus, and Astromech Droid, an Imperial Officer, two TIE Fighter Pilots and Sabine Wren with a helmet!

Scooby Doo (August)
For me these were probably the pick of the bunch. They are exactly what I was hoping for in a Scooby Doo theme and had the tone just right, with lots of bright colours on the Mystery Incorporated vehicles and some creepy, but fun, villains. The majority were based on characters from the earliest episodes of Scooby Doo, Where Are You? including the Black Knight Ghost and Zombie.

The human members of the Mystery Gang are all represented using standard minifigure parts but for their hairpieces, which are all new. Scooby Doo appears standing up and sitting down depending on which set you buy and is a new piece.

75900 Mummy Museum Mystery (£11.99) - This set includes a small shrine with a sarcophagus upright against the wall. The sarcophagus was the same as that in a few Pharaoh's Quest sets, as was the Mummy included. Scooby Doo and Shaggy are also featured.

75901 Mystery Plane Adventures (£19.99) - The Headless Horseman included in this set, who comes complete with a pumpkin helmet which can be taken off for the villain's reveal at the end, was my favourite villain of all. He rides a horse unsurprisingly, while Scooby and Shaggy have a lime green and blue biplane and some Scooby Snax. I don't recall the biplane in the show, but it looked like a nice model, very reminiscent of that in 7307 Flying Mummy Attack.

75902 The Mystery Machine (£29.99) - As the flagship vehicle of the entire brand, I had high hopes for the Mystery Machine, and I was not disappointed! The vehicle looked pretty accurate on the box as the finished model was not there, with gaps filled in by 3D printed pieces I think. The windscreen is a new piece which perfectly recreates the one seen in the TV show and there is space for some crime-fighting equipment inside as well as a kitchen area. Scooby, Shaggy and Fred are included along with a pale-skinned zombie based on this character.

75903 Haunted Lighthouse (£39.99) - A dark red and white striped lighthouse dominates this set, which also features a hidden cave and small rowing boat. Scooby, Shaggy, Daphne, a ghostly Lighthouse Keeper and a Swamp Monster are included, all of which looked great.

75904 Mystery Mansion (£79.99) - This set was a real highlight in my opinion and was everything that I had hoped for. It vaguely resembles 9468 Vampyre Castle from the Monster Fighters theme, although this model was far more detailed inside and out than that one. It included a large central tower topped with a clock face, a nicely constructed green house on the left (complete with man-eating plant) and a smaller, rickety looking section of the building on the right which conceals a coffin. Scooby, Shaggy, Velma, Daphne, a Vampire, a Ghost and, best of all, The Black Knight are all included in this set. This means you will have to buy this and The Mystery Machine to get the entire gang, although I suspect most buyers will want to do that anyway as they are the two best sets I think.

Ponn

Banned
Brickset Toy Fair report part 2:

DC Super Heroes (June)
Probably the biggest surprise of the entire Toy Fair for me was the news that the Killer Croc bigfig was nothing more than a rumour. I asked the staff member about it and he commented that he was aware of the rumour but didn't know where it had come from as there was no truth in it. Unusually it is the minifigures that disappoint in these sets (although I am looking forward to Deathstroke) while the sets looked pretty good.

76034 Harbour Pursuit (£29.99) - This set includes three minifigures: Batman, Robin and Deathstroke. The image of Deathstroke on the card was still blank but I am delighted to see we are getting a Deathstroke minifigure as I love the character. I believe Batman now has leg printing but is otherwise the same as his most recent incarnation and Robin was wearing his New 52 garb. The Batboat has dual cockpits and Deathstroke comes with a jetski used to tow the safe he has stolen.

76035 Jokerland (£89.99) - This set was very impressive in every regard except for the minifigures. The Joker, Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy, Penguin, Batman, Robin, Beast Boy and Starfire are all included and each villain comes with their own twisted fairground ride. Joker has a large brick-built version of his face which is over the entranceway to the park while Harley Quinn rides a motorcycle across a highwire. It was unclear whether the villains were the same as the previous versions but since the minifigures in the packaging were not completed, I suspect these are new variants. Poison Ivy has a plant-themed ride while Penguin looks to have spruced up 'hook-a-duck' to make it rather more deadly. A 1989 Batman style Batmobile is included with a large air intake at the front. I like the set itself but would have preferred to see a couple of new villains. Beast Boy and Starfire were represented by blank minifigures in images.

Marvel Super Heroes (June)
These two sets were very nice in my opinion and it is great to see so many new characters included, particularly given the modest sizes of the sets!

76036 Carnage's Shield Sky Attack (£11.99) - This set includes some great minifigures: Miles Morales' Spider-Man, a SHIELD Agent and Carnage, all three of whom looked superb. The model of a mini jet was not bad, but obviously it is not the focus of a set this size.

76037 Rhino and Sandman Supervillain Team (£44.99) - I love this set. Iron Spider, Spider-Man, Sandman and Rhino are all included and Rhino's brick-built mech was excellent, almost reaching MOC standard I thought! A building site is the setting for the action and a large hand, belonging to Sandman, rises out of the ground. Generally this looked like a great set and the minifigure selection is equally impressive.

76039 Marvel's Ant-Man (£19.99) - The only confirmed details given for this set are the price as it was not on show, although under interrogation the man on the stand suggested that it might be reasonable to assume that an Ant-Man microfigure was included as well as a minifigure version.

*SQUEAL* I cannot wait, all of this sounds so yummy. I am so freaking excited for the second half of the year and we haven't even got Helicarrier yet. Jokerland sounds so freaking fantastic.

Scooby Doo (August)
For me these were probably the pick of the bunch. They are exactly what I was hoping for in a Scooby Doo theme and had the tone just right, with lots of bright colours on the Mystery Incorporated vehicles and some creepy, but fun, villains. The majority were based on characters from the earliest episodes of Scooby Doo, Where Are You? including the Black Knight Ghost and Zombie.

The human members of the Mystery Gang are all represented using standard minifigure parts but for their hairpieces, which are all new. Scooby Doo appears standing up and sitting down depending on which set you buy and is a new piece.

75900 Mummy Museum Mystery (£11.99) - This set includes a small shrine with a sarcophagus upright against the wall. The sarcophagus was the same as that in a few Pharaoh's Quest sets, as was the Mummy included. Scooby Doo and Shaggy are also featured.

75901 Mystery Plane Adventures (£19.99) - The Headless Horseman included in this set, who comes complete with a pumpkin helmet which can be taken off for the villain's reveal at the end, was my favourite villain of all. He rides a horse unsurprisingly, while Scooby and Shaggy have a lime green and blue biplane and some Scooby Snax. I don't recall the biplane in the show, but it looked like a nice model, very reminiscent of that in 7307 Flying Mummy Attack.

75902 The Mystery Machine (£29.99) - As the flagship vehicle of the entire brand, I had high hopes for the Mystery Machine, and I was not disappointed! The vehicle looked pretty accurate on the box as the finished model was not there, with gaps filled in by 3D printed pieces I think. The windscreen is a new piece which perfectly recreates the one seen in the TV show and there is space for some crime-fighting equipment inside as well as a kitchen area. Scooby, Shaggy and Fred are included along with a pale-skinned zombie based on this character.

75903 Haunted Lighthouse (£39.99) - A dark red and white striped lighthouse dominates this set, which also features a hidden cave and small rowing boat. Scooby, Shaggy, Daphne, a ghostly Lighthouse Keeper and a Swamp Monster are included, all of which looked great.

75904 Mystery Mansion (£79.99) - This set was a real highlight in my opinion and was everything that I had hoped for. It vaguely resembles 9468 Vampyre Castle from the Monster Fighters theme, although this model was far more detailed inside and out than that one. It included a large central tower topped with a clock face, a nicely constructed green house on the left (complete with man-eating plant) and a smaller, rickety looking section of the building on the right which conceals a coffin. Scooby, Shaggy, Velma, Daphne, a Vampire, a Ghost and, best of all, The Black Knight are all included in this set. This means you will have to buy this and The Mystery Machine to get the entire gang, although I suspect most buyers will want to do that anyway as they are the two best sets I think.

*SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAL*

Monster Fighters part 2 itshappening.gif !!!!!!!!

The mansion sounds awesome! Yes, yes, yes, yes! I'm already thinking of maybe combining it with Vampyre's Castle to make a giant Castle. Mystery Machine sounds more positive in this report.

EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

edit: You know i'm really thinking that rumor of a monster themed CMF in Oct is real but maybe centered around Scooby Doo ala Simpsons. There are so many classic monsters they could do. I mean hell they could do those 3 ice cream phantoms from that one episode with one mold and get away with it. Plus they don't have that creepy clown in any of these sets which was a classic villain.

woodypop

Scooby Doo (August)

I keep telling myself not to get sucked in to any more lines, but I can't resist these Scooby Doo sets. They sound awesome! Can't wait to see some pix.

Earlier they said the carrier has tie fighters, are the pilots going to be able to fit inside them?
I wonder if the TIEs will be sized like Vader's that comes with the Death Star: a mini-model that can still fit a mini-fig.

My local Brick & MInifigs store had that Tantive IV but I balked at the price. Today I probably would have bought it. I hope LEGO revisit it someday, the ship is just as iconic as the Star Destroyers. Lovely pictures by the way, thanks for sharing. We are horrible enablers.
The Tremor guy is just begging to be mod into Ram-man.
I can totally see the Ram Man resemblance!
Love the Blockade Runner ship. Hoping we get an update of the ship in the next few years. It went OOP just before I came out of my dark ages.

I really want them to make another UCS of the Tantive IV. I would buy it in a heartbeat. IMO it's one of the most beautiful ship designs in science fiction.
The Tantive IV is iconic, no doubt. Unfortunately, I don't think it has the mass appeal/recognition like the Falcon, Star Destroyer, etc. have. So I don't know the likelihood of another iteration, especially anytime soon. I'm kind of amazed it actually got UCS, standard, and mini builds! I missed out on the UCS, so when the standard set came out, I knew I had to have it. I still want to get the mini/planet set, but it's kind of pricey. And I've pretty much given up on ever getting the UC$. lol

I am so, so glad that Scooby-Doo is using regular minifigures. I can't wait to see these sets!! And with any luck, like the other cartoon-based Lego themes (TMNT, SpongeBob) it'll have multiple waves. Eeeeee excited!!

Norfair

The mansion won't be complete without a hallway that has two sets of three doors facing each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom