• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuuroden

tMd1CNA.jpg
0vAxSEi.jpg

Man I really want that Scarlet Witch figure just for cityscaping.

Ponn

Banned
I just wanna see Scooby's gang!

Also a good view of the new Captain America would be nice. :)

They need a Bruce Banner minifig.

Two figs i'm really hoping for with the Helicarrier is Bruce Banner and Maria Hill. Crossbones would also be nice but probably won't happen.

Ryuuroden

I think they are going to reveal the Helicarrier during the New York Toy Fair, It occurs in February just a few days before the VIP early release date. The Helicarrier in NYC would go together wouldn't it. Would be amazed if LEGO is able to keep it under wraps till then though. If they do I will be fucking proud of TLG.

Seriously debating a new set of shelves for it.

And Tumbler.

And SPACESHIP!

And... oh god down the rabbit hole again.

I am having a hard time finding a place for the Tumbler. It would fit perfectly on top of my subwoofer, but that is usually where the Best Star goes. But I need to rebuild the Best Star though.

Maybe on top of the AV rack. But the Imperial Shuttle and Red Five Sex Wing go there perfectly in harmony. But I need to rebuild the UCS Imperial Shuttle.

Ugh. Actually, I am seriously entertaining the notion of just putting all the pieces of the Best Star into the collective. Let it merge with the infinite. I am out of display space, and don't want to invade more of the new home than I need to. It is time for new display pieces. But the Helicarrier will be a magnificent beast that might need some special shelves.

I am also close to convincing my wife to let me buy a drill and mount a huge shelf above the television and have a modular run over it. Just something to have them all in a long row to show them all off. Because they look so much happier when next to each other.

Ryuuroden

I am having a hard time finding a place for the Tumbler. It would fit perfectly on top of my subwoofer, but that is usually where the Best Star goes. But I need to rebuild the Best Star though.

Maybe on top of the AV rack. But the Imperial Shuttle and Red Five Sex Wing go there perfectly in harmony. But I need to rebuild the UCS Imperial Shuttle.

Ugh. Actually, I am seriously entertaining the notion of just putting all the pieces of the Best Star into the collective. Let it merge with the infinite. I am out of display space, and don't want to invade more of the new home than I need to. It is time for new display pieces. But the Helicarrier will be a magnificent beast that might need some special shelves.

I am also close to convincing my wife to let me buy a drill and mount a huge shelf above the television and have a modular run over it. Just something to have them all in a long row to show them all off. Because they look so much happier when next to each other.

And then you can convince your wife to let you run lego train rails across your ceiling and around the room :)

And then you can convince your wife to let you run lego train rails across your ceiling and around the room :)

Oh, I want to set up a train. BAD. But I need motors first. And more track.

She was warming up to the idea of me doing a holiday train MOC and having it go around the christmas tree next year though.

Besides, the rooms are too big to have the train go all the way around.

Fowler

Phon, you don't retire the BEST Star.

You can't retire it until it's OOP. It deserves to retire itself. When the time is up, it can die peacefully.

It has earned that right.

Maengun1

Whoa, I didn't know there was a Lego thread here!

I'm basically counting down the days to the Simpsons Series 2 minifigures as well as the Jurassic World and Scooby Doo lines

ghostmind

I'm basically counting down the days to the Simpsons Series 2 minifigures as well as the Jurassic World and Scooby Doo lines

Welcome! Many of us are looking forward to those same themes/sets here.

And we'll get a preview of one of them very soon...

Yep, I think I have to get the new Quinjet for my son. He's been complaining that my Lego is so much cooler than his (he's right), and he loves Marvel and he loves minifigs, so that seems like a good overall package given the minifig selection.

Personally, I think the new Quinjet colour scheme is a bit bland. Makes it look pretty uninspiring IMO.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I picked up a box today!

cam001001024x76800jy5.jpg

I wonder what's inside!

cam001011024x768l2jaf.jpg

OMG

Holy shit I didn't expect the packing to be huge! How big is the Mini Cooper box compared to this?

Zerojul

Mmmh I wonder which set is supposed to have the Mk45 in it, cause I don't see it anywhere here. Probably with Quicksilver because I don't see him either :/
I'm digging the new QuinJet, and I think that "Ultimate Ultron" looks infinitely better than "Ultron Prime".
Not so sure about Widow's new haircut.
Oh, and good value on the smaller set for an army of Ultrons :)

Holy shit I didn't expect the packing to be huge! How big is the Mini Cooper box compared to this?
I think it's smaller and thicker than the van's.

Welcome !!!

ghostmind

Mmmh I wonder which set is supposed to have the Mk45 in it, cause I don't see it anywhere here. Probably with Quicksilver because I don't see him either :/
I'm digging the new QuinJet, and I think that "Ultimate Ultron" looks infinitely better than "Ultron Prime".
Not so sure about Widow's new haircut.
Oh, and good value on the smaller set for an army of Ultrons :)

Quicksilver is in the 76041 Hydra Fortress set, which is a retailer exclusive.

THOSE ARE AMAZING!!!!

And that's 11 out of 16 if I counted correctly.

They don't look like recognizable characters (unless they're based on stuff from the new show) but could the final five be some meddling kids and their dog?

Ugh gosh they look so friggin great woowwwww

Is that the same Captain America we got last year? Love the cycle.

Welcome!

I picked up a box today!
OMG

Much smaller. I haven't cracked either box yet....soon.

Huge cmf 14 leak incoming!!!

That cheetah lady is fantastic.

ghostmind

Wow, this is unexpected so early... Series 14 CMF looks amazing!

I wonder how LEGO is feeling about opening that Chinese factory, and if the savings outweigh the loss of security.

I noticed that the pirate ship has new lower masts. Pro: they should be more stable with a 2x4 bottom piece. Con: they can't easily swap into Imperial Flagship...

Also noticed that the Pirates sets are tiny overall. Hopefully it reflects in the price.

As for the CMF14, tons of interesting new molds there. Witch hat with hair, double pigtails, and above all the tiger girl. Rowr.

635575773990674857-LSD-PR-75902.jpg

SOLD

SOLD SOLD SOLD

SO INTO IT

USAToday.com Article Link confirming that there's Lego Scooby-Doo MOVIES in development and the partnership will last for several YEARS.

In addition to making their first appearance in LEGO toy form, Scooby, Shaggy, Fred, Velma and Daphne star in an animated LEGO Scooby TV special this year and planned direct-to-video LEGO movies in coming years.

MONSTER FIGHTERS 2.0 GUYS

I wonder if this is what's replacing Chima if they're gonna do several DTV movies? I can't imagine them doing that and not continuing to release sets as well.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I also find it noteworthy that the Mystery Machine has "301 pieces and a $29.99 price tag." Even though it's a licensed property, it doesn't look like it'll suffer from the usual licensed property tax.

...Man. Now I need to see those other sets.

ghostmind

635575773990674857-LSD-PR-75902.jpg

SOLD

SOLD SOLD SOLD

SO INTO IT

USAToday.com Article Link confirming that there's Lego Scooby-Doo MOVIES in development and the partnership will last for several YEARS.

MONSTER FIGHTERS 2.0 GUYS

I wonder if this is what's replacing Chima if they're gonna do several DTV movies? I can't imagine them doing that and not continuing to release sets as well.

ZOINKS!

This is probably the best outcome of a LEGO rumor ever, and it keeps getting better all the time!

They Mystery Machine looks FAB!

Just noticed that on the tree, it looks like we have a new piece? There's the new ball joint part for the arms, but the piece it's connected to looks like it's fitted inside one of those Technic pipes? Or have we had that part before? (I imagine it looks similar to a trailer hitch, probably a ball on one end and then the + shaped pin on the other?)

Edit: I think that I'm wrong and thats an old piece, I've just never seen it used that way before. Hrm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom