• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rootbeer

Banned
They've done a good job on the Mystery Machine set

I never thought they'd form such a tight partnership. TV special? neat.

TT Game announcement must be coming.

I wish LEGO had taken this relationship with TMNT to the same lengths -- but other licensing agreements TMNT has blocked it all I'm sure. Really sad. A LEGO TMNT game is one of my dream games.

TT Game announcement must be coming.

BE STILL MY HEART

Lego Jurassic World game was already a dream come true, but the idea of a Lego Scooby-Doo game, oh my god. I don't think there's ever even been a good Scooby-Doo game? A Lego one would guarantee solid writing and gameplay. Oh maaannnnnn!!

Cade

The minifigures look excellent but the design of the Mystery Machine itself is insanely good. The angled side panels... the wheels... damn. Also confirms that the Mansion will be $90 which is lower than I thought.

oh no. that was the scooby set I was least excited for, and it still looks magnificent.
My budget's in trouble.

Also, the CMF 14 previews are pretty good, and I still love the look of the pirate sets.

Try to build a stand like the one for the UCS X Wing. See if you can modify a slot in the underside of the Ghost for it to slot into. Since you have the X Wing already just take that existing stand and try it out first. If it works build another. I think that would look less like chicken legs which I cannot now unsee since you called them that. Plus it would give you the ability to angle it based on how you modify the stand itself. I think that is your best bet with the blockyness of the Ghost.

You are right. It looks like chicken legs. The downward angle is great too. But to avoid the chicken legs, maybe put four support beams on the stand, and maybe 4 side feet as well, much like other UCS stands. You could use shorter beams on the front to keep the angle, and those along with the extra feet would make it look less like skinny chicken legs.

Thank you both! I actually don't have the UCS X-Wing so I just looked up the instructions online and it appears to just be a series of beams like the UCS Obi Wan Starfighter set. I will play around with that and see how I fare!

I'm seriously thinking about pulling the trigger on some larger SW sets. Keeping in mind that it really would be for display only, how do you all rank these?

Best Star
Ewoks
Sandcrawler
UCS X Wing

So much goodness in all those pics! Thanks for posting guys.

Mystery Machine: I grew up watching Scooby Doo but when I heard the rumor about Lego producing sets, I didn't bat an eye. After seeing Mystery Machine and probably $30 price tag, I may just have to buy it.

CMF 14: WOW. Nuff said.

635575773990674857-LSD-PR-75902.jpg

SOLD

SOLD SOLD SOLD

SO INTO IT

USAToday.com Article Link confirming that there's Lego Scooby-Doo MOVIES in development and the partnership will last for several YEARS.

MONSTER FIGHTERS 2.0 GUYS

I wonder if this is what's replacing Chima if they're gonna do several DTV movies? I can't imagine them doing that and not continuing to release sets as well.

It's Groot's dad! Only thing that would have made that more awesome would be if Scooby Doo's head was removable and fit regular minifigs. :)

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Damn that Mystery Machine is much better than I could've hoped for- looks really well built!

Cant wait to see the rest of the sets minifigs :)

Just noticed that on the tree, it looks like we have a new piece? There's the new ball joint part for the arms, but the piece it's connected to looks like it's fitted inside one of those Technic pipes? Or have we had that part before? (I imagine it looks similar to a trailer hitch, probably a ball on one end and then the + shaped pin on the other?)

Edit: I think that I'm wrong and thats an old piece, I've just never seen it used that way before. Hrm.

Ultra Agents HQ and Detective Office use the technic to ball joint technique. A few Mixels did too I think.

Thank you both! I actually don't have the UCS X-Wing so I just looked up the instructions online and it appears to just be a series of beams like the UCS Obi Wan Starfighter set. I will play around with that and see how I fare!

I'm seriously thinking about pulling the trigger on some larger SW sets. Keeping in mind that it really would be for display only, how do you all rank these?

Best Star
Ewoks
Sandcrawler
UCS X Wing
Egads. That is a hard thing to ask.

The Best Star is definitely the most attention getting. But if you do get it, keep it low so people can play with it. Same with Ewok Village. Those are my personal faves.

The X Wing will go very well with that upcoming UCS TIE Fighter too.

woodypop

I wonder if the tree's simple body design is to enable a figure to be placed inside. Or it could just be to accommodate the large sticker in front.

The figures so far look fantastic! I'm really happy with how they're turning out.

EDIT: d'oh, should have just edited my previous post instead of double posting

Ponn

Banned
Wondering how much of those are stickers vs. printed. Regardless i'm going to be so broke come August. Thankfully I got a couple months in between Helicarrier - Avengers - New Super Heroes - Scooby Doo. Scooby Doo may be the first time I get every set in a theme at once if they are all that good.

woodypop

Scooby Doo may be the first time I get every set in a theme at once if they are all that good.
I'll probably do the same. I've only done it before with the Pharaoh's Quest and Monster Fighters lines (except for one polybag).

I'm just afraid (hopeful?) they'll expand the series. lol

Toxi

Banned
I love how the Lego minifigure line mixes up the genders. Got the cyclops, and I was completely surprised by how she was a girl; you don't see that often with monstrous characters.

Also cool how her normal head inside the sculpted one has detail allowing you to get three different faces.

I wonder if the tree's simple body design is to enable a figure to be placed inside. Or it could just be to accommodate the large sticker in front.
If it is hollow, you could easily have it act as a costume of sorts for the villain, with the reveal coming when the gang opens it up.

I'll probably do the same. I've only done it before with the Pharaoh's Quest and Monster Fighters lines (except for one polybag).

I'm just afraid (hopeful?) they'll expand the series. lol

I really don't see how they can expand on the series. Minifigs sell the bricks and they pretty much capture the core of Scooby Doo with the sets they have lined up. Only thing is they could add some more classic monsters. I doubt slightly different prints of the main characters would be a huge draw.

The figures so far look fantastic! I'm really happy with how they're turning out.

EDIT: d'oh, should have just edited my previous post instead of double posting

Pretty sure a minifig can be placed in there. LEGO is all about play features and that would be great for the zombie to jump out of or have the tree "eat" someone.

Fowler

Best Star
Ewoks
Sandcrawler
UCS X Wing

There's a reason it's called the Best Star.

And who knows how long it'll be around for. I love the UCS X-Wing, but it is the second iteration of it; I imagine there will be another one eventually (presumably after the UCS EP7 X-Wing).

The Death Star is just incredibly unique, and contains so many of he original trilogy's iconic scenes in one place. I can't imagine there can be another set like it. I know we often wish for a UCS Cloud City, and that would be great! But much as I love Empire, much as I love Cloud City, there's just so much more in the Death Star.

Rootbeer

Banned
I don't know what to think about that mad scientist minifig... it's way over the top comical.

I still think there is a good chance this might be a scooby doo monster CMF series because several of the figures come off as a bit more cartoonish than what we'd normally see from a CMF set.

I really want that cat female minifig

I don't know what to think about that mad scientist minifig... it's way over the top comical.

I still think there is a good chance this might be a scooby doo monster CMF series because several of the figures come off as a bit more cartoonish than what we'd normally see from a CMF set.

Yeah they all look like Scooby doo villains actually. My money is on them not being CMF14. They also just aren't up to the level of complexity and diversity that previous CMF series had. All monsters/villains.

woodypop

I really don't see how they can expand on the series. Minifigs sell the bricks and they pretty much capture the core of Scooby Doo with the sets they have lined up. Only thing is they could add some more classic monsters. I doubt slightly different prints of the main characters would be a huge draw.
It would be a licensing nightmare, but how awesome would it be if they produced sets/figs with some of the guest stars? (Batman, Josie and the Pussycats, Capt. Caveman, 3 Stooges, etc.)

Woorloog

Banned
If you look closely, you can see stickers on the tacky car-thing they call Mystery Machine.
Flowers above the wheels, the name.

I picked up a box today!

cam001001024x76800jy5.jpg

I wonder what's inside!

cam001011024x768l2jaf.jpg

OMG

Holy shit I didn't expect the packing to be huge! How big is the Mini Cooper box compared to this?

I put most of mine together yesterday... Sad thing is... I am missing a part. One little brown tile (1 by 2) with the hole on the top. I emailed lego and they are sending a replacement.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Mystery Machine already as good as bought. Probably more sets of that line as well. Fantastic.

I know you guys are loving the Scooby Doo and Avengers stuff, but I'm finding them uninspired from the pictures. Maybe in person they will look better. Very disappointed.

Looks like a dozen stickers on the Mystery Machine

I know you guys are loving the Scooby Doo and Avengers stuff, but I'm finding them uninspired from the pictures. Maybe in person they will look better. Very disappointed.

Looks like a dozen stickers on the Mystery Machine

I was about to post the exact same thing. At least this will help my wallet.

judhudson

15728935953_332756d77a_c.jpg

Coming off our earlier report on the new LEGO Scooby-Doo The Mystery Machine (75902), there is now another set image from the wave. Toy News International has an image of the Mystery Mansion (75904) which is the biggest set in the wavve. There’s no word on the piece count but it will be priced at $89.99. The minifigures that are included with the set are Scooby, Shaggy, Velma, Daphne, Vampire, Ghost, and The Black Knight. The set itself does look pretty similar to the Monster Fighters Vampyre Castle (9468) as reported by CapnRex101.

The picture above may not do the set justice as CapnRex noted that there was more detail inside the Mystery Mansion than on the outside although there are some nice details such as the clock face and the man-eating plant next to the greenhouse. Additionally, note that Shaggy also rides a scooter as well. The only downside of this set is that you will need to get this set to complete the whole gang as Velma is exclusive to this one. Stay tuned as more images slowly are being released for the LEGO Scooby-Doo sets.

- See more at: http://www.thebrickfan.com/first-look-at-lego-scooby-doo-mystery-mansion-75904/#sthash.8BnzaClx.dpuf

It would be a licensing nightmare, but how awesome would it be if they produced sets/figs with some of the guest stars? (Batman, Josie and the Pussycats, Capt. Caveman, 3 Stooges, etc.)

Yeah, won't happen under Scooby Doo theme. Warner Bros owns license just as an FYI.

What I would love is a Hanna-Barbera cartoon theme. Jetsons and Flintstones are big enough to have their own themes, then release 1-2 sets based on their other characters every year.

3N16MA

Banned
I have been lurking these thread for the past few years (might have posted in The first OT).

I had a bunch of sets as a child and and like many other LEGO fans I stopped building for years. I have been sitting on the sidelines watching these amazing sets get released but never jumped back in. That is until my niece got into LEGO (building with basic bricks) and then I helped her build some Friends and Creator sets (she basically does them on her own now without my help). Of course The LEGO Movie pushed me even further.

When Walmart was clearing out a bunch of sets I picked up Benny's Spaceship, Imperial Star Destroyer and, AT-AT at half price.

You might see me actually post a bit instead of lurking.

Zerojul

Guys I have no interest whatsoever in ScoobyDoo but those sets are looking so good that I'll most probably cave in. The Mistery Machine, at least, is a given. Damn you Lego.

When Walmart was clearing out a bunch of sets I picked up Benny's Spaceship, Imperial Star Destroyer and, AT-AT at half price.

You might see me actually post a bit instead of lurking.

Great pick ups, great taste, and welcome !!!

Cade

That mansion is insane. The clock, the colors, the greenhouse, the man-eating plant... oh man. I can't wait for the rest of the stuff.

ghostmind

What's your gut telling you about the promotion tied to this?

Didn't they do two back-to-back polybags on May 4 and May 5 a few years ago? Is it possible they could be doing it again and this would follow Yularen?

I'm betting it is a gift for attendees for Star Wars Days at LEGOLAND California this spring, as TC-4 and the Clone Lieutenant were in previous years. Hopefully it is like the latter, in that it is released as a monthly promo poly later in the year.

Rootbeer

Banned
Well I've decided to greenlight purchasing some Scooby sets based on what has been shown. I try not to underestimate LEGO, but I wasn't convinced these sets would appeal to me.

They are hitting the right notes and while I'm still not sure if they are TECHNICALLY based on the original scooby or if they're based on the 2015 show, thankfully LEGO figures are stylized such that they could pass for either for the most part.

And I'm sure this was EXACTLY LEGO's goal and one of their strengths as a brand.

ALSO note how the Castle set has a Venus flytrap and one of the leaked minifigures appears to be in a flytrap suit... Coincidence?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom