• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm betting it is a gift for attendees for Star Wars Days at LEGOLAND California this spring, as TC-4 and the Clone Lieutenant were in previous years. Hopefully it is like the latter, in that it is released as a monthly promo poly later in the year.

Ah, good call yeah. Funny that (in my mind at least) this Storm Trooper and your two examples are all the "disappointing" exclusives recently.

Scooby Doo does nothing for me, but that's a cool looking castle and I could certainly use the parts of the figures elsewhere. Although I've heard that the theme won't be released in Sweden... we'll see.

Anyway, I made a Flickr account to show off random pictures. It's so annoying having to put everything individually on Imgur and not really have access to them afterwards. For now, here's my modular town, now with a full street as well:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/97286003@N02/sets/72157650429590372/

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
All the Scooby sets so far look great, and will probably be expensive as fuuuu :D

I might get some!

15728935953_332756d77a_c.jpg

Yep. My plans of combining it with Vampire Castle and Helm's Deep and christening the ensuing monstrosity Vlad's Deep or something stupid like that seem to be perfectly on track.

In other words: that shit is adorable.

Scooby Doo does nothing for me, but that's a cool looking castle and I could certainly use the parts of the figures elsewhere. Although I've heard that the theme won't be released in Sweden... we'll see.

Anyway, I made a Flickr account to show off random pictures. It's so annoying having to put everything individually on Imgur and not really have access to them afterwards. For now, here's my modular town, now with a full street as well:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/97286003@N02/sets/72157650429590372/

That is a brilliant use of the CMF plates. Mine are currently all stacked on top of each other in one huge block.

It seems Flickr is the main site that LEGO builders use to put their photos. Majority of LEGO blogs link to Flickr accounts of featured LEGO builder.

I found a great LEGO community on Instagram (it's mostly minfig photos), but Flickr has recently put out an updated App that puts Instagram to shame. Flickr's last App attempt was weak, but I really think Flickr can steal some of Instagram's market share if they keep up the good work.

3N16MA

Banned
Is the TIE Fighter (9492) worth picking up? I know there is going to be a UCS TIE Fighter later this year but that is an entirely different beast.

I am trying to stay away from looking into too much info about Episode VII but I know there are TIE Fighters from watching the trailer.

Found a store that has one left in stock and it's difficult to pick up at MSRP since it is retired.

Is the TIE Fighter (9492) worth picking up? I know there is going to be a UCS TIE Fighter later this year but that is an entirely different beast.

I am trying to stay away from looking into too much info about Episode VII but I know there are TIE Fighters from watching the trailer.

Found a store that has one left in stock and it's difficult to pick up at MSRP since it is retired.
I loved it. The build is repetitive, but it looks fantastic when done.

Rootbeer

Banned
at least you can turn scooby's head... better than nothing.

so there are two versions of scooby in this wave right? the one we have seen and apparently another one where he is sitting.

Also it looks like ALL of the hair pieces for the scooby gang are new -- awesome! I thought for sure Fred's would be the Luke hairpiece

3N16MA

Banned
I loved it. The build is repetitive, but it looks fantastic when done.

Thanks for the info. It does look pretty accurate from the photos I have seen.

Also for any Canadians, Walmart has once again listed Benny's Spaceship for $59 on their site. It is out of stock online but you can try to price match in store. Toys R Us is also pretty good about PM clearance stuff from Walmart even if it is out of stock.

They have also relisted Arctic Outpost for $29.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Okay, so i'm getting at least these two Rooby Roo sets. Really great design, seems the license is being handled well instead of a cash grab.

3N16MA

Banned
Getting back into LEGO now makes me feel like kicking myself for missing out on the whole Monster Fighters line. I love Halloween and that line looks amazing. At least some of those Scooby-Doo will make up for it.

Seeing all those Modular buildings I missed is killing me.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I was super hyped for the Scooby Doo sets and the two reveals so far did not disappoint in the least. That Mansion looks so good. And the minifigs too.
Still planning to get all the Scooby sets.

Can't wait until the rest of the sets are leaked. If we got two sets today, it would make sense that we get the rest today or at least very, very soon, right? I can't wait to see the Lighthouse set in particular.

I picked up one before Christmas and yes it's worth it.

I really hope the other Scooby figure is sitting, it's just a crime to have the Mystery Machine AND Shaggy's motorcycle with a side-car but no sitting Scoob to put in them.

I really don't see how they can expand on the series. Minifigs sell the bricks and they pretty much capture the core of Scooby Doo with the sets they have lined up. Only thing is they could add some more classic monsters. I doubt slightly different prints of the main characters would be a huge draw.

Dude. Bro. Dude.

Scooby-Doo has been running since 1969. It's coming up on its 50th anniversary (and considering the first report mentioned that they'll be doing DTV movies for the next couple years, will very likely still be with Lego when it hits.)

There are TONS of things they can do to expand the theme. Look at SpongeBob. Look at TMNT (which IMO was killed off too soon due to the stupid movie). Yes they could do things as simple as new prints, they have more than enough episodes and movies and specials to pull from (haunted space station with Scooby and Shaggy in space suits, tropical island hula God with vacation prints, zombie island with them in colonial garb, etc) but there are many other characters they can introduce too that aren't guest stars from other franchises.

Shaggy' dad
Scooby-Dum
Yabba-Doo
SCRAPPY-DOO
The 13 Ghosts
The Ghoul School girls
The Scream Queens

Heck looking at Wikipedia Scooby's family alone could last for years. It'd be super easy too since it looks like Scooby's head is a separate piece, they'd just have to make different heads for the rest of his family (and a normal head for Scrappy-Doo on a brown minifig body with kid legs) But there's also all the classic monsters (yes this wave has the Black Knight and Headless Horseman but what about the Deep Sea Diver? The Ghoul? The Yeti?), all the new monsters from the ugly ugly new show, locations like a funhouse or a barn or a theater, I could see them getting 3 waves out of the license easily. And it's out in August, what if it's just a yearly release around Halloween? I doubt it will be but I could see them each fall, new DTV Lego Scooby-Doo movie accompanied by a new wave of sets.

Basically I'm so impressed with what I've seen that I want as much of it as possible! I mean the Mystery Machine alone absolutely DESTROYS the one from that other company.

Thanks for the info. It does look pretty accurate from the photos I have seen.
They have also relisted Arctic Outpost for $29.

Thanks!! I will swing by on the way home to see if my local one has the Arctic Outpost. I PM'd the spaceship there a couple of weeks ago without difficulty.

I always wanted to punt that dam Scrappy! He was supremely annoying. lol

Scooby's idiot cousin always annoyed me. Purple dogs are lame. I hated Scrappy too but man....that other one.

I really hope that each set has a way of "unmasking" the bad guy. Probably not since any minifigs would be described in the set, but I'd love if that tree had a mechanism to pop out a Old Man Smithers minifig or some such.

Ryuuroden

I think that with the fact that I have pretty much whittled my backlog back down to just a few sets, I shall start the process of filing all the instructions from sets I have opened in the last year. I have like 6 piles now that need put away to protect. I am also going to go through and box all the duplicate ones for sets I have multiples of rather than filing multiple copies of the same instructions.

Personally, my dream set would be based on the reluctant werewolf movie! Just imagining the different monster cars in lego form for racing around that mystery mansion set...mmmmm

sharbhund

The minifigs for Scooby Doo are awesome, but I wish there weren't so many stickers in the set. Here's a bigger picture of The Mystery Machine from FBTB:
KSg7ENC.jpg

I count at least 16 stickers on the van, and another one for the tree.

ghostmind

The silver lining is that I'm not seeing many stickers on the Mystery Mansion, so this may just have been a necessary evil for the Mystery Machine.

Eh, with that many stickers I'm gonna have to pass on the Mystery Van. Pretty much ruins it for me. 18 stickers counted, pretty ridiculous.

Mystery Machine is an insta buy. The castle is very very tempting as well and I'll probably buy it anyway. This theme is off to a very strong start so far!

The minifigs for Scooby Doo are awesome, but I wish there weren't so many stickers in the set. Here's a bigger picture of The Mystery Machine from FBTB:
KSg7ENC.jpg

I count at least 16 stickers on the van, and another one for the tree.
That is A LOT of stickers. Also, it looks like "THE MYSTERY MACHINE" sticker goes over more than one piece on the side of the van. Or am I seeing things?

wetwired

Scooby_Doo_Lego03__scaled_800.jpg

I'd happily apply stickers for this set but the stickers across multiple bricks are highly annoying (for the mystery machine text)

Also check out the half applied sticker on the dash. the left hand corner is peeling up :)

woodypop

That is A LOT of stickers. Also, it looks like "THE MYSTERY MACHINE" sticker goes over more than one piece on the side of the van. Or am I seeing things?
At best, I hope it's printed. At worst, I hope it's split up stickers over multiple pieces, like the lower half of the MM.

LEGO wouldn't put a single sticker over multiple pieces, would they? Has that happened before?

EDIT: I see a bisecting seam. Two stickers over two pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom