• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ponn

Banned
Mansion is cool, love the greenhouse. Strange how they went with brickbuilt clock when they had a printed one they could of used. I do like the color scheme but not sure how well that would blend with Vampyre's Castle. Might have to find a way to blend it with my Joker Funland Halloween scene instead and do a crossover with Batman.

Mansion is cool, love the greenhouse. Strange how they went with brickbuilt clock when they had a printed one they could of used. I do like the color scheme but not sure how well that would blend with Vampyre's Castle. Might have to find a way to blend it with my Joker Funland Halloween scene instead and do a crossover with Batman.

I'm feeling optimistic due to the subdued colors of the castle. My castle is currently deconstructed, but I can't remember any elements vibrant enough to clash with the purple on the scooby set.

ghostmind

Picked up the Arctic Outpost for $29 from Walmart.

They also had The Ultra Agents Toxikita Lab set for $36, but I have one already.

This is me and LEGO stickers.

serious-sticker-face.jpg

I'll need 2 Mystery Machines if I apply stickers. I have yet to apply any stickers to my LEGO since coming out of my dark ages.

wetwired

I think you're judging by the blue bricks along the right border. But the stickers are applied to green bricks that look to be larger single pieces. (click on the image for a better view)

ah I see, phew. I thought they had a no stickers across bricks policy. Glad to see I was mistaken

They don't. See: the Maersk container ship released last year. Somehow that one came and went very quietly, I don't see ANYONE discussing it.

I, well more like my wallet, was sort of glad when Galaxy Squad came to an end and I didn't pay much attention to Ultra Agents line but after two set I might have to pick up the rest when big sale come along especially the big HQ truck.

Ultra Agents by antiquegamer, on Flickr

I love all the trans blue and orange red in this set and black vehicle is nice contrast to the all white Galaxy Squad. However, the villains in this series are more vary and interesting than all the bugs from Galaxy Squad. Hive Crawler aside, the rest of the bad guys in Galaxy were pretty forgettable.

LEGO really have nice printing on the mini-figures too bad most of them get cover up by the armor but it's great that they put in all these details. And I love that the older version of Solomon Blaze.

Woorloog

Banned
The Shuttle's proportions seem to be wrong. Too big cockpit.

The Final Duel looks kind of cool actually. Even bigger and accurate diorama would be wonderful... ("UCS Final Duel" or "UCS Emperor's Throne Room")

I wonder if the SW7 sets will leak...

EDIT about the Final Duel set, what kind of piece count/price we're looking at?

The Shuttle's proportions seem to be wrong. Too big cockpit.

The Final Duel looks kind of cool actually. Even bigger and accurate diorama would be wonderful... ("UCS Final Duel" or "UCS Emperor's Throne Room")

I wonder if the SW7 sets will leak...

EDIT about the Final Duel set, what kind of piece count/price we're looking at?

I'd imagine that Disney hired a whole extra batallion of lawyers just to keep any SW7 info locked down tight.

Woorloog

Banned
I'd imagine that Disney hired a whole extra batallion of lawyers just to keep any SW7 info locked down tight.

No doubt.
What Mark Hamil said about the security was fun. He had to wear a robe when outside because reporters used drones to try to get pics...

If they leak, it is likely closer to the sets release, i guess.

The prelim bionicle stuff definitely has alot of placeholder parts, but I'm sold. Glad to have equal villians as well as the mask maker duel.

I'll be buying em all.

Not really a fan of the 2015 bionicle summer sets. The color schemes are all over the place and use waaay too many transparent pieces. One of the reasons I was turned off by hero factory.

Although Ekimu looks good but I probably won't get a $25 set just for him. Skull basher looks kinda cool I guess. Skull Warriors bow seems pretty badass but he's away too blurry to really get an idea of what he looks like.

Exactly like the rumors save for a few details.

Skull Slicer has a whip, which is neat, and it looks like they might actually do the four armed gearbox idea.

Skull Scorpio looks very odd. There's probably a function built into its tail.

Oooh, if they actually do that then I'l have to get Skull Slicer just for the build alone. I'll try to get past the trans green messing up his color scheme

Not really a fan of the 2015 bionicle summer sets. The color schemes are all over the place and use waaay too many transparent pieces. One of the reasons I was turned off by hero factory.

Although Ekimu looks good but I probably won't get a $25 set just for him. Skull basher looks kinda cool I guess. Skull Warriors bow seems pretty badass but he's away too blurry to really get an idea of what he looks like.

Just remember these are prelims and can vary quite a bit. Most pieces are placeholders.

Toxi

Banned
Oooh, if they actually do that then I'l have to get Skull Slicer just for the build alone. I'll try to get past the trans green messing up his color scheme
It wouldn't really take a complex build. You just put three gears on each side and have the top and bottom gears connect to arms.

GK733 on Eurobricks provided a neat concept.

idN5mAm.png

Also, I just noticed that the sets have ribs. That will definitely look nice.

Toxi

Banned
KSg7ENC.jpg

Is it just me, or when you look at scooby's neck does it seem that the head will rotate and/or possibly be removable?
There's a seam, so it's a separate piece of plastic. Lego tends to not give the animal figurines any articulation, but maybe they'll make an exception for Scooby.

Maengun1

Thanks for the welcomes everyone!

Scooby Doo sets look great! I love the design of the Mystery Machine, though I do wish it was a little bit bigger.

Velma is exclusive to the Mansion set, right? That's kind of a bummer, though I was probably always going to buy it. The lighthouse sounds cool too.

I feel like, given the exxagerated facial expression, there will be another more static face for scooby in the set.
Yeah, they said there were two versions of Scooby so it makes sense that they'd let you swap heads, that's a cool idea! I wonder if it'll be able to sit on top of a regular Minifig body :O

Thanks for the welcomes everyone!

Scooby Doo sets look great! I love the design of the Mystery Machine, though I do wish it was a little bit bigger.

Velma is exclusive to the Mansion set, right? That's kind of a bummer, though I was probably always going to buy it. The lighthouse sounds cool too.
Yeah the Mansion is the only set that comes with Velma. That way the minimum spent to get the whole gang is $120, which really isn't that bad when you consider if they did the Mystery Machine and Mansion as one set with that many minifigs it'd very likely be that price anyway.

Plus those two sets will just look great together, the van parked out front, creepy tree and man eating plant over by the greenhouse, the gang searching for clues together.

God August is soooooo far away D:

Is it just me, or when you look at scooby's neck does it seem that the head will rotate and/or possibly be removable?

In the mansion picture you can see the head's turned the other way despite being the same fig (standing up with right paw raised), so yes it does seem to rotate:

15728935953_332756d77a_c.jpg

Man, rewatching the Star Wars movies isn't good for your budget. There's plenty of stuff I'd like to get, even though realistically I've got nowhere to put it.

UCS R2-D2 can still be had for roughly the original cost (in Sweden), but I'm thinking about maybe parting it together. I have tons and tons of little Technic stuff I'll never use so it would be a good way to spend some of that. But it's probably more expensive than actually just buying the whole thing. Anyway, I'm gonna look up the rare stuff and maybe secure that first.

Edit: It seems like only a few parts are actually rare. I put in an order for those for about $15... kind of a deposit, the rest I can easily get later.

There are many items marked down including the LEGO movie store exclusives. I grabbed rescue reinforcements, flying flusher, and creative ambush.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Stopped halfway in Camper Van. Man it's so exhilarating!

With that said I wish lego would sort stuff by colors from the get go. 30 mins of my building time was spent organizing them by color.

wetwired

Ok Gents and Gals,

I'm starting to put together a video to try and get some more votes for the marshmallow man on lego ideas. I've put together a rough cut of what I had in mind, imagine some titles at the start and some stills/pics of stay puft and the gatekeeper/keymaster/walter peck minifigs at the end with some "go vote for it on lego ideas" text

http://youtu.be/Nw8FBtqKFtI

Question is, is this even worth finishing? I've been staring at it too long as I'm working on it I've lost all objectivity. Is it corny/dodgy in a good way or a bad way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom