• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are many items marked down including the LEGO movie store exclusives. I grabbed rescue reinforcements, flying flusher, and creative ambush.

I'm really tempted by those $2 SW magnets, but there's nothing I really want to pad my order with to get up to $75. Good parts in that Minecraft set though.

Ryuuroden

Wow some nice sales there. Don't know if I'll get any but not bad at all.

Looks like people really did get turned off by the CMF price raise lol. S&H has them for 50% off (series 12). I wonder if the physical stores are also selling them for half off cause I know my local store has a bunch left.

ghostmind

Ultra Agents prelims:

http://imgur.com/a/c9nuB

The Ocean HQ ship looks AMAZING!

EDIT: both sets say "batteries not included"... do they have Power Functions?!?

EDIT2: probably not Power Functions, but maybe some kind of new sound/light bricks that require batteries?

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Super Heroes prelims:

http://imgur.com/a/DOlR0

Some of these look very early in production though.

I was really excited for the Jokerland set, but I'm not a fan of that prelim at all... I hope it gets some pretty significant adjustments. So many big pieces. And all facade-style structures.

Ultra Agents prelims:

Oh wow. I'm not even really into Ultra Agents, but those sets look great.

Kipp

What is the general opinion on the Arctic Base Camp set? I'm a little bit interested in it and it looks like my local Walmart has it in stock for $75.

Edit: Just kidding. I absolutely love that Arctic Outpost set. It has everything I like about the Arctic Base Camp set but without all the things I don't care for about the Arctic Base Camp set (basically all the little, insignificant builds that were thrown in for playability), and it's cheaper. Pretty sure I'm gonna grab that.

hmmblah

Ok Gents and Gals,

I'm starting to put together a video to try and get some more votes for the marshmallow man on lego ideas. I've put together a rough cut of what I had in mind, imagine some titles at the start and some stills/pics of stay puft and the gatekeeper/keymaster/walter peck minifigs at the end with some "go vote for it on lego ideas" text

http://youtu.be/Nw8FBtqKFtI

Question is, is this even worth finishing? I've been staring at it too long as I'm working on it I've lost all objectivity. Is it corny/dodgy in a good way or a bad way?

That is awesome!! Wasn't expecting that at all, great job.

Rootbeer

Banned
I can't wait to add Miles Morales spidey to my collection :3 Glad he's in the cheapie set with Carnage, going to be a popular set with comic fans for sure.

Stopped halfway in Camper Van. Man it's so exhilarating!

With that said I wish lego would sort stuff by colors from the get go. 30 mins of my building time was spent organizing them by color.

Daniel-san
3aYorjw.jpg

Looks like people really did get turned off by the CMF price raise lol. S&H has them for 50% off (series 12). I wonder if the physical stores are also selling them for half off cause I know my local store has a bunch left.

My local LEGO store has none. The LEGO store in Downtown Disney I went to about 2 weeks ago had a tray full, but still at full price.
I don't think the CMF price stopped people from buying as it's still at an impulse buy price, but it definitely stopped people from buying more IMO. I would've bought a lot more duplicates of Series 13 if the price was much lower. So many army builder minifigs in Series 13.

Ok Gents and Gals,

I'm starting to put together a video to try and get some more votes for the marshmallow man on lego ideas. I've put together a rough cut of what I had in mind, imagine some titles at the start and some stills/pics of stay puft and the gatekeeper/keymaster/walter peck minifigs at the end with some "go vote for it on lego ideas" text

Question is, is this even worth finishing? I've been staring at it too long as I'm working on it I've lost all objectivity. Is it corny/dodgy in a good way or a bad way?

Haha. I'd like to see more, but I'm not sure if it will be worth the time. Seems time consuming to do. What you have currently seems decent enough for selling your idea.

Super Heroes prelims:

http://imgur.com/a/DOlR0

Some of these look very early in production though.

Sad that we won't see a minifig size rhino. Looks like a normal person that goes into the Rhino mech. I did not see the latest Spiderman movie.
I forget, is that the red Spiderman suit that Tony Stark made for Spiderman?
I'm really getting tired of Batman vehicles. They look nice...I just have too many of them. Will be getting those sets though.

EDIT: Oh, I see Spiderman in the Rhino set. That red temporary minifig must be Sandman. I thought the 4 "tentacles" were the ones from Spiderman's red "mech" suit.

Ultra Agents prelims:

EDIT: both sets say "batteries not included"... do they have Power Functions?!?

EDIT2: probably not Power Functions, but maybe some kind of new sound/light bricks that require batteries?

Oh yeah...the bigger shark mould that fits minifigs in the mouth.

Rootbeer

Banned
ultra agents re-releasing that huge shark that i want? looks like it could be so. hope it's not a robotic version, but looks like it might.

Universally the Ultra Agent sets have been really great. Hoping for some discounts so I can pick up the 2014 wave. Stupidly waited on Toxiktia the other day.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Oh god finally, took me roughly 10 hours to finish!

imag00311024x577fyujl.jpg

Is it normal for Lego sets to have spares? I have a bunch of single 1/3 pieces, extra designs, etc.

Oh god finally, took me roughly 10 hours to finish!

imag00311024x577fyujl.jpg

Is it normal for Lego sets to have spares? I have a bunch of single 1/3 pieces, extra designs, etc.

It's just like reassembling an engine. Those extra parts aren't needed. :)

I don't have that set, but LEGO always has some spare parts, but they usually are the smaller parts that are easily lost.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
It's just like reassembling an engine. Those extra parts aren't needed. :)

I don't have that set, but LEGO always has some spare parts, but they usually are the smaller parts that are easily lost.

Yeah the spares are those one-node/1x1 1/3 brick or the flat round things.

Mmmm I think I'll rest my Lego building and hibernate. Mini Cooper is next in line though. You guys say it's a nice set to go with Camper right?

Yeah the spares are those one-node/1x1 1/3 brick or the flat round things.

Mmmm I think I'll rest my Lego building and hibernate. Mini Cooper is next in line though. You guys say it's a nice set to go with Camper right?

yeah but you should consider hunting down the polybags of their respective mini versions as well as they go great next to the big models ;)

I made a wanted list of everything I need for R2-D2 and surprisingly enough I have lots of it already. But since most of it is common parts, I'll just wait until I need something else and add whatever I can get at the same place.

Ok Gents and Gals,

Love it

Sad that we won't see a minifig size rhino. Looks like a normal person that goes into the Rhino mech. I did not see the latest Spiderman movie.
I forget, is that the red Spiderman suit that Tony Stark made for Spiderman?

EDIT: Oh, I see Spiderman in the Rhino set. That red temporary minifig must be Sandman. I thought the 4 "tentacles" were the ones from Spiderman's red "mech" suit.
I thought reports said there was a Minifig Rhino, he just goes inside the bigger brick-built robot? Gonna be bummed if they meant just the guy Rhino and he's not wearing a suit :(

As for the other question, the red person with the tentacles IS the Iron Spider. He's being held by a brick-built sand hand. You're right that Iron Spider had four robotic spider limbs that came out of the back of his suit.

Edit: just took another look and unless they're using a stand-in render it looks like you're right about Rhino just being the dude outside the suit. That sucksssssss :(

Also I cannot figure out where the heck Sandman is on that box. I see him in the line up but where is he in the set? To the right of Iron Spider surrounded by that blue...something?

woodypop

Technically, the Iron Spider suit has 3 extra appendages (not 4). Perhaps LEGO is taking liberty with the design, if that is indeed supposed to be the Iron Spider s uit. (I always though it was weird to have just 3 more arms anyway.)

Redberyl

Neo Member
Universally the Ultra Agent sets have been really great. Hoping for some discounts so I can pick up the 2014 wave. Stupidly waited on Toxiktia the other day.

I'm trying to wait for discounts on Ultra Agents too but I've been surprised there hasn't been much so far.

Also Toxikita is back down to $25.49 on Amazon at the moment.

Ponn

Banned
I'm not a fan of the robotic Rhino. I caved and just bought the "other" Rhino and Juggernaut big figs for $5 shipped. To good of a deal to pass up I still have hope Sandman turns out good and want that Iron Spider. Also the Carnage and Miles Morales set will be an insta-buy.

Yea I have a feeling these shots aren't complete. The Jokerland set looks good except I hope that brick built clown face will be changed to look more like the Joker. If not I will have to mod that.

Ravek

Banned
So, I'm about to make a huge bulk purchase from S@H. And I'm nervous I might be over doing it.

Can anyone tell me whats the most they have spent on LEGO, in one transaction? Might help calm my nerves.

So, I'm about to make a huge bulk purchase from S@H. And I'm nervous I might be over doing it.

Can anyone tell me whats the most they have spent on LEGO, in one transaction? Might help calm my nerves.

If you're second guessing it, that probably means you're over doing it. Only buy stuff you actually want not ones you think you want.

Ravek

Banned
If you're second guessing it, that probably means you're over doing it. Only buy stuff you actually want not ones you think you want.

Im not second guessing it per say. Everything in my cart I want and or my kids want. Its completely disposable money, its just a lot at one time.

I felt the same way when I bougjt my 60inch and my new bed.

Rootbeer

Banned
i'm really good at spacing my orders out. I think the largest single transaction was around $500 (no, I don't own the death star nor do I really care to own it in its current incarnation.)

don't overdo it man. I always overbuy what I have time to build as it is. i'd hate to see anyone else do even worse than me. ;)

sales do occur.

I've only ever spent around $200-$300 on LEGO in one transaction. I usually don't order from S@H and if I do I break it down to maximize freebies.

It really doesn't matter how much you spend in one purchase. What matters is how much you spend in 1 year. I had over $200 in VIP points from one year. O_O That's only from my LEGO store purchases.

Im not second guessing it per say. Everything in my cart I want and or my kids want. Its completely disposable money, its just a lot at one time.

At least to me if you're getting nervous on making a purchase that sounds like second guessing, but I can't get inside your head so

Like others have said, builk orders themselves arent necessarily bad, just try to space them out so you dont end up spending too much in one year I guess

Kipp

I know exactly how you feel. Unless they're somehow all sets that are at risk of going out of production or you plan to build every single set within the same week, you might as well space the orders out. That way 1) you'll feel better about it, even if you spend the same amount in the long run 2) there's a very good chance you'll end up getting some good sales, good free polybags, or double VIP points at some point in the future that you wouldn't get if you did one giant order now.

wertherian

Neo Member

I spent about $1800 once. A few items were backordered, and not all the boxes came at the same time. It was awesome. I had LEGO boxes coming to my house for about a month. It was like a month long Christmas. Worth every penny.

Ponn

Banned
Spent about $300 when I ordered the Sea Cow and some other smaller things. Helicarrier will probably be my biggest order though because I will order the new Mixels as well and maybe some more CMF 13 packs.

I'm building the Birds right now. Finished two, one left. These are really something special. So fun to build and see come to life and some neat building techniques used. They are going to look awesome on display and will definitely get attention.

Is the UCS hellicarrier only available to VIP members with a shit ton of VIP points in february? Or if you have a VIP account (like myself) with barely any points (like 1 or 2 max probably) could you still get it with actual money?

neonglow

The most I've ever spent is under $300. I think it was for however much the UCS Imperial Shuttle was at the time.

Is the UCS hellicarrier only available to VIP members with a shit ton of VIP points in february? Or if you have a VIP account (like myself) with barely any points (like 1 or 2 max probably) could you still get it with actual money?

As long as you have an account, you're good.

Ravek

Banned
My biggest purchase was the Death Star 3 years ago when there were rumors that it was retiring soon.

Thats part of my $1500 haul atm.

However, I'm really having doubts about the set. It looks classic/awesome, but I just don't know. Something is turning me off about it and I'm not sure what.

I might take it out of my cart and get the Tower Bridge instead. So conflicted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom