• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wetwired

Ponn

Banned
Is the UCS hellicarrier only available to VIP members with a shit ton of VIP points in february? Or if you have a VIP account (like myself) with barely any points (like 1 or 2 max probably) could you still get it with actual money?

Eligible to get VIP early is just your membership, doesn't have anything to do with points.

Though some people are saying March is when they may have another double VIP event and i'm conflicted if I should wait till March to get it. I'm just spooked by another Tumbler availability fiasco.

Birds done and displayed, will take pics tomorrow. They look so glorious on display on my wall.

ruxtpin

Banned
Visited my parents house tonight and found my old Lego sets. Granted, they're in buckets and mostly disassembled, but some highlights are...

4563.jpg

6286-1.1105127505.thumb2.jpg

500px-6984_Box.jpg

I am building this with my daughter. It's actually surprisingly fun and enjoyable build well except for the railing.

Getting the curve on the railing is the only negative I will give to the set. Even with that, it was still my favorite set of 2013. Just a joy to build, and even more fun to play with and pose figures on.

Glad you are enjoying it.

There are many items marked down including the LEGO movie store exclusives. I grabbed rescue reinforcements, flying flusher, and creative ambush.

So, I'm about to make a huge bulk purchase from S@H. And I'm nervous I might be over doing it.

Can anyone tell me whats the most they have spent on LEGO, in one transaction? Might help calm my nerves.

Well, thanks to LEGOGAF, specifically you guys, I just ended up spending about $180 at LEGO S@H. Dang, I bought some of those sets on sale when they were on sale at 20-25% off and they are now 40% off. 40% is a great price. I snagged the The Flying Flusher which I almost skipped, but at 40% off I got myself Dr. Mcsrubs and some plumbers. I couldn't pass up Spinlyn's Cavern for the spider minifig and the parts. I already bought that set first wave of LEGO clearances for ~20% off, but at 40% off, I got some more.

The Shredder retail exclusive is also 40% off which is darn good for the unique Shredder and 4 armed ninja (which is just 4 armed Lord Garmaddon torso over a ninja foot soldier). I already have it and I don't need duplicates of those minifigs or have interest in the parts of that set.

Good thing the Hero Factory sets weren't available to add to bag. I probably would have snagged a few of those.

The ones that pushed the overall price high were the Mixels. 25% off is a good price so I bought about 18 of them to give as party favors for my son's bday party.

I bought a couple polybags of 5002144 Dareth vs. Nindroid polybag. PM if interested in one at cost + postage. LEGOGAF special.

There was a box full of them at TRU this past Friday. If a lot of people are interested, I can stop by again next week and load up if they are still available.

ghostmind

I've had CMFs as favors for a couple of my son's birthdays and kids loved it - they would probably lose their minds if they got Mixels.

ghostmind

Black Sea Barracuda would have a word with thee...

Yes, it's smaller, but it has a much better colour scheme. That thing looks rather messy.

7HJjLE6.jpg

I did say arguably. It is a divisive matter amongst Pirates fans for sure.

At least we can agree that the Imperial Flagship is the best of them all?

Brakke

Banned
Where's a reliable spot for pricing out used sets to sell? I've got a couple old sets I'm looking to unload, prices just poking around Amazon and EBay are all over the damn place...

neonglow

Where's a reliable spot for pricing out used sets to sell? I've got a couple old sets I'm looking to unload, prices just poking around Amazon and EBay are all over the damn place...

Give Bricklink a try. It also lists the average price a set sold for and some other stats.

ruxtpin

Banned
Keep the pics of those older Lego coming please!

<3

I'm going to start a preliminary sort n clean later today. I know I had some Wolfpack and Dragonmasters sets. Found the base plates for the Nautical Police and Coadt Guard HQ. There's a possibility a few pieces are missing, but knowing the sets I had (and having the instructions) will make it easy to Bricklink anything I might be missing.

Picked up Lewa and his Protector last night...

Initially the Protectors were a huge turn off for me, but they are now becoming my favorite thing in the 2015 Bionicle line. Lewa is pretty awesome, but now I understand all the head movement complaints.

So far I only have 2 Toa left to get, 3 Protectors, and the skull spider. After that it's summer till I get more ^_^

I continually believe that Lego is one of the few brands that seeing an image of their product never does it justice. Seeing it in person, regardless of the model, is always leaps and bounds beyond a picture.

This coming weekend I'll be heading to the Lego store to pick up some more Toa and use my store credit.

kapowza

I've got 4 goblins :(

I like the Birds set but not the way they spin around on the stands. When I give it to my niece to build we'll add a plate with a cross hole to stop that.

Man that Hubs Birds set is nice but not at that price...

Definitely not worth it to me at that price. Majority of pieces are easily obtainable. I think only color in some parts may be hard to find...not sure. I'll put that set on my list of projects to make from my spare parts.

http://brickset.com/sets/4002014-1/LEGO-HUB-Birds
Tentative list of parts is listed in "parts" tab.

The list still is under review at rebrickable, but if your list of sets is current on Brickset, you can check if you have all the parts to build the Hub Birds set via rebrickable.

wetwired

Looks really awesome. The piece count will hurt it though. Wonder if they would try to work with you and make a smaller version?

Yeah it'll definitely need to be shrunk down.

Very nice, I'm gonna share it as much as I can.

Cheers!

Nicely done, and you took out the "oh shit" line, which I think is wise.

Yeah I figured I'd better just in case

That was cool! Here's hoping they find a way to release him!

I think something about half size would be doable.

I have to say this set surpass my expectation. It's very fun build, and many cool features, Ewoks are not my favorite part of Return of the Jedi so the set was sort of low on my radar but pick it up on sale (thanks which enabler that post the link) at $200 it's perfect. As cool as the build is, $250 just seems a bit too much. My daughter and I had a lot of fun though she did get quite frustrated with the railings and I ended up build all of them.

Not sure I like the new direction they're going with the gator and now the shark, the printed eyes make them permanently angry or "bad" but with the simple dot eyes their alliance was whatever you wanted it to be.

>:T

Toxi

Banned
Not sure I like the new direction they're going with the gator and now the shark, the printed eyes make them permanently angry or "bad" but with the simple dot eyes their alliance was whatever you wanted it to be.

>:T
I don't think the alligator looks angry; more crafty and focused. I could see it functioning in either a heroic or villainous role.

Ht0r6gt.jpg

But yeah, the shark looks mad as hell.

Price adjusted :)

First time selling Lego stuff, and this isn't even my collection I'm selling, so apologies if stuff is a bit whack.

No worries, you should sell it at highest price you can get. You never know who is willing to pay your price. Bricklink is a good place to gauge a reasonable price if you want to sell quickly. eBay sometimes tends to be all over the place with some on the extremely high side as some put their prices waaay high hoping to get lucky.

Ponn

Banned
Welp, Christmas sets broke down and stored till next year :{ I need to break down some more stuff to make room before I dig into anymore of my backlog. If only these planes and ships didn't take up so much real estate. Wish there was a way to display on them on a wall. Need to work on that idea.

Ravek

Banned
Welp, Christmas sets broke down and stored till next year :{ I need to break down some more stuff to make room before I dig into anymore of my backlog. If only these planes and ships didn't take up so much real estate. Wish there was a way to display on them on a wall. Need to work on that idea.

Floating shelves don't work for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom