• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woorloog

Banned
Second Half... i see. Should have been able to deduce it from the context really...

But. Star Wars Lego action figures. Is that basically what the unknown sets will be? Star Wars Bionicles?
Huh.
Might end up being huge thing, i reckon, given that Star Wars is a big thing, and Bionicles were, apparently. (Me and my brother have some Bionicles but they never were particularly big thing for us.)

Safe to say that there is a Millennium Falcon, TIE Fighter, and X-wing in those episode VII sets?

The Falcon and X-Wing have been suggested before, and i'd say the X-Wing is a sure bet.

2H = second half of the year

Here's a revised list with the new info:

75092 Naboo Starfighter ($59.99)
75093 Death Star Final Duel ($79.99)
75094 Imperial Shuttle Tydirium ($89.99)
75095 UCS TIE Fighter ($199.99)
75099 Episode VII ($19.99)
75100 Episode VII ($39.99)
75101 Episode VII ($69.99)
75102 Episode VII ($79.99)
75103 Episode VII ($89.99)
75104 Episode VII ($119.99)
75105 Episode VII ($149.99)

*prices are estimated based on currency conversions*

With those Ep VII prices, it looks like we're not getting a new UCS Falcon. Bummer.

I'm really excited about the UCS TIE. I have a feeling that the Naboo Starfighter will be a shelfwarmer. I'm on the fence about the Final Duel set. The prelim pics weren't very exciting for me. The Shuttle is one of my favorite ships, but I'll need to see it in person before making my decision.

ghostmind

Safe to say that there is a Millennium Falcon, TIE Fighter, and X-wing in those episode VII sets?

New X-Wing and new Falcon have been rumored to be part of the wave. A new TIE Fighter is not so sure though, since the UCS release is also this year. Maybe if there is a new type of TIE in Force Awakens, then they would go with that.

I'm also thinking that we see another wave of releases in January, with a lot of Force Awakens sets.

Toxi

Banned
But. Star Wars Lego action figures. Is that basically what the unknown sets will be? Star Wars Bionicles?
Huh.
Might end up being huge thing, i reckon, given that Star Wars is a big thing, and Bionicles were, apparently. (Me and my brother have some Bionicles but they never were particularly big thing for us.)
I don't know. Lego did superhero action figure sets a bit ago and I don't think those set the world on fire. Constraction sets of human characters can look a bit ugly with fleshy heads on top of top of armored robot-like bodies.

LG4528lg.jpg

The only ones that will probably look good are those with helmets.

excuse my ignorance but by contraction you mean the CCB system?

It's weird because I was thinking yesterday why Lego hasn't done a CCBS Star Wars yet and only could rationalize why not is due to rights owned by another toy company.

Something must have changed with the contracts, otherwise I would think LEGO would have done this years ago.

Excellent points. Maybe it has something to do with Disney buying LucasFilm. I can see Disney changing contracts to benefit Disney more. "You don't like the new contract? I guess we'll just take our Pixar and Disney Princesses license somewhere else"

"You mess with the mouse, you get the ears." Or something like that.

Fingers crossed magnets come unglued again. :) Just wishful thinking...that used to be an awesome way to get minifigs.

http://investor.hasbro.com/releasedetail.cfm?releaseid=779213

http://money.cnn.com/2014/09/25/news/hasbro-frozen-disney/

31039 Blue Power Jet

tBVfbu8.jpg

It seems that Atamaii Toys got an exclusive walkthrough the night before the Toy Fair opens, hence the random nature of these photos. We will be getting a lot more images from other attendees in about 12 hours once the doors open officially.

... This jet transforms right? No? Okay >:

That plane totally is Thundercracker.

Shame about the town plan being so boring, but I probably will need to get it anyway, for that damn green spaceman. I'll wait for a sale though.

And the Grand Hotel is awesome. It certainly looks like the front 1/4 of a modular house. I bet it's a Astrid set. And as for the 80's vibes, check out the Hair Salon that's already out.

Mostly not interested in the rest, which is good for my budget. The Elves big building didn't look that hot after looking at it more closely.

I am really feeling the shipwreck. Gonna pair it up with scooby's lighthouse, probably.

There are still no pics for scoob beyond the van and mansion right?

Need more photos of new sets!!!!

On the side note, I've seen this minifig customizer, www.minifigures.com. I'm curious what print process they use as it doesn't say on their website. This recent blog post had me wondering since the write stated the printing was better than LEGO in his opinion.

http://thebrickblogger.com/2015/01/custom-lego-printing-by-minifigures-com/

The other aspect is it seems like there is blatant copyright infringement with some of the minifigs they make. I always wondered how they continue to clearly violate copyrights. Other customizers make minifigs that resemble certain characters, but they often call them something like Space Caption (for Capt. Kirk).

ghostmind

70173 Ultra Agents Ocean HQ tiny photo:

wvXtJJK.jpg

It looks like the Dolphin Cruiser - Death and Destruction edition.

Hoping for bigger pics SOON.

Agents and Ninjago you need to CHILL!

So I can save money for Hot Toys

Seriouisly. I don't think Ninjago will stop until after the movie comes out in 2016. Are they more worried they'll lose momentum than they'll burn people out?

I really like some of the Ultra Agent sets, but I could easily skip a bunch (if it weren't for those cool minifigs).

0p0xmxR.jpg

2 Runways
3 Quinjets
3 Fighter Jets
5 Minifigures
12 Microfigures

IH1WmYW.gif

Hmmm. Looks to be about 60 studs long, so smaller than I expected. I am also a bit surprised at the sheer number of studs showing.

However, I am very curious about the underside of it and the rear view. I am sure the designer video will show a lot of awesome stuff off though.

And I pray that runway isn't sticker city...

Actually, it is probably longer than 60 or so studs. Each wing looks to be about 16 studs wide, so just lay a few wings end on end and it gives a good idea. It is probably closer to 70-80 studs then.

Either way, it will be a beast of a set. Marvel getting their first UCS in style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom