• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toxi

Banned
Microfigures??
Maybe they're like the Minecraft microfigures.

$_35.JPG

ghostmind

Actually, it is probably longer than 60 or so studs. Each wing looks to be about 16 studs wide, so just lay a few wings end on end and it gives a good idea. It is probably closer to 70-80 studs then.

Either way, it will be a beast of a set. Marvel getting their first UCS in style.

Yeah, I figured 80-ish studs long, not counting the antennae in the front, which would add another 15+ studs in length.

More details tomorrow.

Ponn

Banned
Crap in a hat, double VIP points mid March. Ah can't decide, roll the dice and wait till then and order Helicarrier (hoping its available) and Tumbler for serious points or get Helicarrier in Feb.

edit: I have no idea where i'm going to build that thing nor put it.

Also seems to be based off the versions in CA: WS with the repulsor engines.

Is Slave 1 still hard to find in the shops? I'd like to think I'd be able to walk into a lego store and buy it before the Helicarrier hits.

Crap in a hat, double VIP points mid March. Ah can't decide, roll the dice and wait till then and order Helicarrier (hoping its available) and Tumbler for serious points or get Helicarrier in Feb.

edit: I have no idea where i'm going to build that thing nor put it.

Also seems to be based off the versions in CA: WS with the repulsor engines.

I won't have the money by mid february for it unless I get a good sized tax refund, which I am not expecting to get. And I want to wait for March to order for that double VIP.

Of course, that is another month of waiting and also taking the chance that it won't be readily available then either. Ugh!

EDIT: And someone from here needs to be fast getting the thread for the Helicarrier up in the regular OT side. A Marvel based thread not made by Neoxon! :)

Picked up Kopaka, his protector, and fire protector. Kopaka is great, though I wish people wouldn't give his leg size crap opinions. I take it as snow boots of some sort.

The snow and fire protectors have great torsos but man... Those arms suck.

Overall though still happy quite a bit with Bionicle 2015.

Only Gali, her protector, and Skull Spider Lord n I'll b done till summer sets roll in.

ghostmind

Is Slave 1 still hard to find in the shops? I'd like to think I'd be able to walk into a lego store and buy it before the Helicarrier hits.

Slave I is still listed as "Out of stock, will ship in 30 days" on S@H, and I know my local LEGO store has a waitlist of about 100 people.

ghostmind

That is crazy. Do you think it is driven by mad speculators? I mean, the set is fantastic, but to have a waitlist like that is nuts.

I wasn't there on release day, but according to employees at the store the line for the Slave I was one of their longest ever, and they were sold out before the day was over.

They are advising anyone who asks about it to order it from S@H, as they will get it sooner there than waiting for it to show up on store shelves.

Hmmm looks pretty nice but I think it's something I can skip, think I'll just stick with getting the Slave 1 and waiting for the Tie Fighter

I wasn't there on release day, but according to employees at the store the line for the Slave I was one of their longest ever, and they were sold out before the day was over.

They are advising anyone who asks about it to order it from S@H, as they will get it sooner there than waiting for it to show up on store shelves.
So how does it work then? Do you order it and then you're put in a wait list and when it's your turn they ship it out?

ghostmind

So how does it work then? Do you order it and then you're put in a wait list and when it's your turn they ship it out?

For S@H? Yeah, you order it and they do a funds check on your CC but don't actually put the charge on it until the product is shipping out. You don't get any indication of how long it will actually take to ship (other than "30 days") but often you'll get a shipping notice in less time than the S@H website states.

neonglow

After seeing the awesome Helicarrier MOC, I can't help but be disappointed with the retail model. It doesn't feel like there's $350 worth of pieces in that thing. Maybe the designer video tomorrow might change my mind.

helicarrier-lego-ideas.jpg

Zerojul

After seeing the awesome Helicarrier MOC, I can't help but be disappointed with the retail model. It doesn't feel like there's $350 worth of pieces in that thing. Maybe the designer video tomorrow might change my mind.

helicarrier-lego-ideas.jpg

I'm on the same boat. The thing looks good but this MOC had set my expectations far too high I guess. I'm eagerly waiting for a little more detail, and better pics.
And thanks for the pic, GM :)

Elves sets are more interesting to me but that UCS is looking great to me. I hope it's worth the price of admission for those of you who want it.

Rootbeer

Banned
double VIP on a helicarrier *and* a free Elves polybag? You're on, LEGO.

Minifigure scale was always a pipedream. But since it does come with minifigs it softens the blow by a lot.

Never liked microfigs but maybe these will look better than previous ones

R-User!

Helicarrier pic finally!

I don't know... Something's not quite clicking.... Will wait for designer video to form full opinion.

Ryuuroden

0p0xmxR.jpg

2 Runways
3 Quinjets
3 Fighter Jets
5 Minifigures
12 Microfigures

IH1WmYW.gif

Surprisingly, it is not really clicking for me. Don't know if I really feel that excited after seeing the model. Just feels kind of rough or something. I am sure my opinion will turn around after the video.

IHaveIce

Banned
Uh ... I'm disappointed. The small jets are dumb.

The Carrier itself was better done in the Lego ideas MOC

And nobody wants some stupid Microsfigures over real minifigs.

The 5 included better be freaking awesome.

What the hell 12 microfigures.... Not paying Death Star prices for this

I’ve got to say I’m not feeling it either from that picture. There seems more black on it than I was expecting. Seeing the size of it in the designer video will hopefully turn me onto it.

The micro figures being included are surprising. I’m guessing it’s not to minifigure scale?

IHaveIce

Banned
Damn I'm really mad about the microfigure thing.

Of course I knew it wouldn't be to minifigscale, but that is so disappointing.

Again the 5 minifigs will make it or break it for me.

the 12 micros will land in the boxof stuff I don't need.

Also expected more pieces without studs...

Falch

Yeah, helicarrier not clicking with me either. I'm in the not buying camp for now, we'll see if that changes tomorrow.

While we still have the designers video, I think some folks hyped themselves a tad too much on this UCS.

Watch the reveal still blow everyone away.

IHaveIce

Banned
Yeah not gonna get a set for Hill and Fury.
The others are the AoU variants.

Nanofigs are cute but I rather would have had some of these as real figs.

As we wait for the video, looking at the official pic closely, I don't think there is much on the underside. In fact, it almost looks like it is mostly a black ship hull like the Chima Cragger ship used.

ghostmind

Here come the "why is LEGO so expensive these days" posters in the OT thread. I can feel the hairs on the back of my neck standing up.

ghostmind

ZgUFVu6.jpg

76042 The SHIELD Helicarrier
Ages 16+
2,996 pieces
US $349.99 – CA $399.99 – DE 349.99€ – UK £269.99 – DK 2999.00 DKK (Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing)

Build and display the huge SHIELD Helicarrier! Take on the challenge of building this awesome LEGO model of The SHIELD Helicarrier. Construct the flying aircraft carrier with 2 runways, microscale Quinjets, fighter jets and ground support vehicles. The set also comes with many of your favorite LEGO Marvel Super Heroes minifigures, plus 12 microfigures to display on deck and within the highly detailed interior. Includes 5 minifigures: Nick Fury, Black Widow, Captain America, Hawkeye and Maria Hill.

• Includes 5 minifigures: Nick Fury, Black Widow, Captain America, Hawkeye and Maria Hill, plus an iconic SHIELD eagle stand to display them on.
  • Features 3 microscale Quinjets, 3 fighter jets, a gasoline truck, 2 forklift trucks, 2 runways, 4 road blockades, armored exterior with translucent elements, detailed interior, plus 12. microfigures (Nick Fury, Hawkeye, Captain America, Iron Man and 8 SHIELD agents).
  • Also includes a detailed runway.
  • Weapons include Hawkeye’s bow, Black Widow’s gun and Captain America’s shield.
  • SHIELD Agent Maria Hill minifigure is new for spring 2015!
  • Includes a plaque with facts about The SHIELD Helicarrier.
  • Add lights and spinning rotors to the Helicarrier with the #88000, #8883 and #8870 LEGO Power Functions sets (sold separately).
  • Rotors can also be turned manually.
  • Includes a display stand.
  • Helicarrier measures over 11” (29cm) high, 31” (80cm) long and 17” (45cm) wide.
  • Each Quinjet measures over 1” (3cm) high, 2” (7cm) long and 2” (7cm) wide
  • Minifigure stand measures over 4” (12cm) high, and 2” (6cm deep) and 6” (16cm wide)

Available March 1st, or for LEGO VIPs on February 17th.

Designer Video

CS8nZsz.jpg

FA2ohWV.jpg

yGdhh3n.jpg

7fZWIRC.jpg

BTAW42H.jpg

DYdtAMN.jpg

LjV2vxU.jpg

KFjrbpn.jpg

2nCIPRC.jpg

vBkeB23.jpg

dYOZyZx.jpg

WcPNl0A.jpg

i0XiYsH.jpg

jNazbVl.jpg

uoRaBYD.jpg

2EVShl4.jpg

March is usually double VIP
Are you gonna share what you are getting?

I'm pretty certain it'll be the Death Star. Even my local LEGO wonderland is completely sold out of the SSD so although I'd prefer that, I'll go with this one as I'd probably regret it if went OOP. Still really like the look of that UCS X-Wing though.

I don't think I can wait 6 weeks for the double VIP...but that just means there'll be more incentive to buy something in March.

Official ?

LAJ06eH.jpg

if true, already much better IMO.

Something like the Helicarrier, apparently. This looks amazing!

Are those the same Quinjets as the old polybag? I need to stock up on them if so.

OH GOD THE STICKERS

Edit: Look at 1:58 in the video, when Marcus removes a portion of the runway. I think those stickers just killed my interest.

Edit #2: Oh. It looks like only a portion of the runway is stickers. Overreacting is fun.

ghostmind

OH GOD THE STICKERS

Edit: Look at 1:58 in the video, when Marcus removes a portion of the runway. I think those stickers just killed my interest.

Edit #2: Oh. It looks like only a portion of the runway is stickers. Overreacting is fun.

Yeah, almost the entirety of both runways is printed - not sure why that one section isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom