• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nearly every comment I have seen, on every website I've gone on has mentioned the lack of a coulson fig. Do marvel and Lego not realise his popularity?
Oh, they know. That's why they killed him in Avengers, and why they brought him back in Agents of SHIELD. He's totally a fan favorite.

The only reason I can think of for why they didn't include him (over Hawkeye, seriously?) is because he's supposed to be dead and the Avengers don't know he's not, and this is the Winter Soldier Helicarrier so he wouldn't be on it. Though from what I remember weren't the three Helicarriers in Winter Solider all automated without crews? Lego and Marvel don't have time for this continuity shit!

I have definitely turned around on the Helicarrier after seeing the video. I agree that the visible studs let people know it's made of Lego and not a massive plastic model. I do appreciate that there was a good variety of colours used and not all gray. Shame they didn't show off the power functions as I would loved to see that. The picture of the bridge with all the nanofigures looks amazing. Nearly every comment I have seen, on every website I've gone on has mentioned the lack of a coulson fig. Do marvel and Lego not realise his popularity? I'll have to extend that glorious looking stand and fit the rest of the Avengers on. Which iron to use hmmmmm.

Great news about the Lego games. Very strange there are no videos or even screen shots.

Coulson definitely would have helped sell the Helicarrier. Perhaps LEGO is holding onto Coulson for a S.H.I.E.L.D agents set. :) Or they could easily use him as a free giveaway with purchase.

EDIT: Maybe they are saving him for a DVD/Blu-Ray set for the TV show. :)

Toxi

Banned
Oh, they know. That's why they killed him in Avengers, and why they brought him back in Agents of SHIELD. He's totally a fan favorite.

The only reason I can think of for why they didn't include him (over Hawkeye, seriously?) is because he's supposed to be dead and the Avengers don't know he's not, and this is the Winter Soldier Helicarrier so he wouldn't be on it. Though from what I remember weren't the three Helicarriers in Winter Solider all automated without crews? Lego and Marvel don't have time for this continuity shit!
IIRC, they did have crews, but the weapons systems were automated.

ghostmind

For North America, the Pirates sets will be available from S@H (and LEGO stores then, if not a bit earlier) on March 1st.

That puts Pirates, Ultra Agents, Ninjago and Speed Champions for March...

ghostmind

Star Wars constraction figures:

Luke Skywalker (Jedi)
Darth Vader
Jango Fett (or possibly Boba Fett)
Commander Cody
Clone Wars Obi-Wan
General Grieveous

neonglow

Is anything new out in February besides the Helicarrier? I guess they'll officially start selling new Mixels that everyone already has.

ghostmind

76039 Ant-Man Final Battle:

Includes Scott Lang/Ant-Man, a giant winged ant, the movies foe, and surprisingly oversized Lego bricks, which looked really great compared to the ant and minifigs.

Toxi

Banned

Luke Skywalker (Jedi)
Darth Vader
Jango Fett
Commander Cody
Clone Wars Obi-Wan
General Grieveous
Get ready for the uncanny valley. At least those are the only two without helmets.

Also, capes! I love Vezon's cape from 2006, so I'm totally gonna grab Darth Vader just for the cape.

Fowler

Includes Scott Lang/Ant-Man, a giant winged ant, the movies foe, and surprisingly oversized Lego bricks, which looked really great compared to the ant and minifigs.

That's kinda funny -- we assumed the micro figs would show how they'd do Ant-Man, when instead, it's the other way around and the minifig Ant-Man is already shrunken.

Luke Skywalker (Jedi)
Darth Vader
Commander Cody
Clone Wars Obi-Wan
General Grieveous

Yeah, i dont know how they'll make the human ones look good. CCBS usually only works well when trying to immitate robotic stuff. I'm interested in General Greveous, they could make him look really awesome if they put enough effort into it. I wonder if they'll use Bionicle's gear functions or if that will be exclusive to the line to differentiate it from other constraction sets.

Luke Skywalker (Jedi)
Darth Vader
Commander Cody
Clone Wars Obi-Wan
General Grieveous

I would have preferred a generic Storm Trooper rather than Commander Cody. Don't they want to sell multiples to the same person??? Darth Vader and possibly General Grieveous have my interest though.
Perhaps they will have more waves. C3PO seems like it would be doable.

ghostmind

Available in Germany so far...

ErIse2N.jpg

This is both really awesome and also really disappointing. Was hoping so hard for a Microfigure Ant-Man, especially after the Helicarrier reveal.

Are the big blocks then just... Duplo blocks? Or something else entirely?

Still, Ant-Man and Yellow Jacket Minifigs, pretty sweet.

Toxi

Banned
This is both really awesome and also really disappointing. Was hoping so hard for a Microfigure Ant-Man, especially after the Helicarrier reveal.

Are the big blocks then just... Duplo blocks? Or something else entirely?

Still, Ant-Man and Yellow Jacket Minifigs, pretty sweet.
Imagine if they were giant lego bricks made out of lego bricks.

Ponn

Banned
One good thing about them including the new Hawkeye with the Helicarrier is dont have to get that one Avengers set.

Like the Buildable Brick Box?
513Je4rGyHL._SX300_.jpg

And I bet Coulson will be the pre-order bonus for the Lego Avengers game.

I hope it is. It just wouldn't seem right without him.

I've already worked out that with the overtime I've done this week and next I should have pretty paid for the hellicarrier. It's going to make the purchase a lot easier to make.

I hate it when Lego makes big expensive sets that do this to me:
ziF3FHc.jpg

couple that with a bunch of damn enablers ITT and the end result is me caving in and dropping 350 for that suckah when it's all said and done :(

Nitemare1

I went back and forth on the Hellicarrier about 5 times today. From yes to no to maybe and back again all day long. I'm pretty sure this means I'll end up getting it.

Nitemare1

Being that Lego is meant to come apart, I wonder if any pieces actually broke. Lego are resilient, but the SSD is a heavy set; maybe some longer pieces snapped?

It definitely looks like it could have at the point of impact.
He doesn't just drop that thing either. He give it just about all hes got! LOL

I'm definitley not getting it, $350 is way too expensive for a lego figure to me. At that point I think I would be way too far down the Lego rabbit hole. I'd probably rather get a gaming console instead or something . Most expenisve Lego things I get are the modulars.

It definitely looks like it could have at the point of impact.
He doesn't just drop that thing either. He give it just about all hes got! LOL

Yes, my biggest concern was pieces snapping. Even though they naturally come apart, that is a hell of a lot of stress on the longer pieces due to the weight of the build and force of impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom