• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got lewa, my fifth 2015 Toa. I didn't like him from the photos but he's pretty cool in person. I like the green/yellow/silver color scheme. Much better than many of the toa who use a four color- color scheme which just makes them noisy. (Best answer being onua with his silver/gold/purple/black color scheme.) Getting used to his mask, not my favorite as its the least similar to the originals but its pretty good for what it is. Definitley much better than the Nuva version. I really like his 'back pack' look he has, of course it sacrifices neck movement but that isnt a huge deal to me.

I've eased up to the new Lewa. He's honestly the hardest to find a good pose for. His color scheme works way better on his protector.

Saturday was my b-day so I had family over. My parents grabbed me Tahu and Kopaka, but unfortunately I already have them. On the plus side they got a gift receipt so I can use it on the Water tribe to finish off my collection. Might even get the lord of skull spiders as well.

Thanks god we are on the new page. Last page just constantly kill Chrome browser on my tablet.

I love seeing LEGO pictures but probably better when post a bunch to break them up a little.

3N16MA

Banned
Is it best to purchase Star Wars sets during double VIP or wait until May the 4th? I'm guessing that 50% of the UCS B-Wing is more of a random thing rather than a yearly occurrence.

Rootbeer

Banned
Is it best to purchase Star Wars sets during double VIP or wait until May the 4th? I'm guessing that 50% of the UCS B-Wing is more of a random thing rather than a yearly occurrence.

Both of course!!

If you want any of the early 2015 sets, go Double VIP. Or, if you are super patient I guess you could wait for a triple VIP but you could be waiting a quite a while.

For May the 4th, there will be some discounts but probably not many of them will be 2015 sets. Or if there are it will probably be low like 10%, whereas some of the 50% off deals will likely be on older sets.

Even if you don't care about the discounts too much, there might be something awesome like a new VIP set or a really nice giveaway like last year's Darth Revan figure (possibly the best star wars minifigure giveaway of all time!!) -- so it's a good idea to have between 50 and 100 dollars worth of star wars sets you might want to buy on May the 4th just in case :D

50% UCS B-Wing was mostly because it was selling very poorly. Extremely unlikely to get something that big for any good sets. I'm not huge into Star Wars, but I don't recall any spectacular sales for May 4th especially last year. LEGO is very popular now and I think LEGO is taking advantage of that. LEGO used to give out 10% coupons in their catalogs once in awhile. I haven't seen one in a long, long time ago, in a catalog, far, far away.

Double VIP points is twice a year. Double VIP is usually good for any LEGO store exclusives. Don't wait until May 4th for anything you really want that is close to being OOP. Many of the other sets that you find in retail stores and Amazon, there is a good chance you can find a price better than double VIP if you wait long enough. Just don't gamble with sets you want that are near OOP or already are.

Fowler

Man this sucks hard, i had the same event due to heavy raining and i had to dispose of a lot of things on the floor directly in the garbage bin, now i put all the lego stuff in plastic boxes at high places. Hope nothing of value was lost

Thanks man. I got SUPER lucky. The giant pool of water was in the middle of the room and miraculously missed two power strips, my entire LEGO backlog, a few classic SNES games and a SNES controller, and just... everything, really. Just so lucky.

Going to raise everything up now. I don't know what caused it so don't want it to happen again!

Kids LOVE this set. Amazing how much fun they have with the launcher.

I didn't really take to the Galaxy Squad aesthetic but this set will never get dismantled.

The launcher was cool, but the moving leg action was what made me giggle like a little kid once it was done.

And for anyone on the fence about the set, Hive Crawler is a fantastic pet torture device. The moving legs scare my cats.

The launcher was cool, but the moving leg action was what made me giggle like a little kid once it was done.

And for anyone on the fence about the set, Hive Crawler is a fantastic pet torture device. The moving legs scare my cats.
I just started building Bug Obliterator, and the little insect ship thing was cool enough to get me interested in the Hive Crawler. They still have about 10 of them at my local TRU (at full price though) so I'll seriously consider it now next time I've got some Lego spending money.

Double VIP is overrated. It's theoretically 10% off, but you need to spend that money in S@H so you'll end up buying more expensive stuff.

I've bought a few standard sets in S@H but I'll try to avoid that with Elves and Pirates. Only D2C sets and PAB from now on. It's nice to get the extra points when there's no other way to get those things, but any retailer worth its name has better offers at any given time.

So i guess i am about to build the Death Star, it doesn't have numbered bags right? So i'll probably need containers eh? that or a HUGE table hmm...
It has numbered bags and separated into four boxes. However the instruction can be a little confusing since the set is old and full of dark grey, black and grey pieces.

It is a wonderful set when done but I find most of the build pretty tedious. Ewok's Village was a much more enjoyable build.

ericb!

Neo Member
Double VIP is overrated. It's theoretically 10% off, but you need to spend that money in S@H so you'll end up buying more expensive stuff.

I've bought a few standard sets in S@H but I'll try to avoid that with Elves and Pirates. Only D2C sets and PAB from now on. It's nice to get the extra points when there's no other way to get those things, but any retailer worth its name has better offers at any given time.

In the USA, retailers are forbidden from selling LEGO exclusive sets at a discount. Purchasing an exclusinve set during a double VIP promo is a shrewd move.

Izjncdc.jpg

Any guesses as to who the figure will be?

Edit:

Have we see this yet?

Woorloog

Banned
The computer tables are wonderful.
I think i want that set. Perhaps i can convince someone to get it for me as a birthday gift. EDIT No, wait, damn it. My birthday's in April.

Woorloog

Banned
They can't possibly have screwed up and given Luke a blue lightsaber for that set...

Probably preliminary build? I'm pretty sure Lego hasn't screwed up the lightsaber colors before.

EDIT The force staves the Royal Guards carry look silly. Like wanna-be lightsabers.

EDIT2 the leaked box image had a green lightsaber.

ghostmind

Atamaii Ultra Agents preview:

http://youtu.be/9ztB4qMVLEk

Finally we get to see the Ocean HQ, though the demonstrator does a poor job and is more interested in talking about the app bricks. We don't get to see the other two sets, but at the end there is a quick look at the new minifigs, including one with an exposed brain that I've never seen before.

Ponn

Banned
LOVE IT!! Absolutely love the cartoony style of the vehicles. Lighthouse looks creepy and rocky. Headless Horseman needs a black Nazgul horse though.

I just started building Bug Obliterator, and the little insect ship thing was cool enough to get me interested in the Hive Crawler. They still have about 10 of them at my local TRU (at full price though) so I'll seriously consider it now next time I've got some Lego pspending money.

Hive Crawler, bro. Hive Crawler. Like PalaceBrother said, it has a great "Oh shit!" Moment when the legs start going. And the egg launcher is just the icing on the cake. That was personally one of the sets to beat for the last few years. It just caught me totally off guard.

Someone sneaked some photos at Nuremberg...

iYittCs.jpg

1QU9gkW.jpg

Sigh. I want it all.

I've eased up to the new Lewa. He's honestly the hardest to find a good pose for. His color scheme works way better on his protector.

Saturday was my b-day so I had family over. My parents grabbed me Tahu and Kopaka, but unfortunately I already have them. On the plus side they got a gift receipt so I can use it on the Water tribe to finish off my collection. Might even get the lord of skull spiders as well.

Yeah, posing isn't too big of a deal for me and I actually like Lewa's color scheme more than his protector because he doesn't have any trans green on him. Which is probably why I like Lewa's color scheme the most. i actually really, really don't like the overuse of trans colors. Its fine when they're used sparingly like on Tahu but when they are the main part of your color scheme they look tacky to me.

ghostmind

JANG addresses a systemic problem that is getting worse from Bricklink and eBay sellers:

http://youtu.be/AfstjgilDmE

So far, I've been lucky. I'm extremely picky about choosing my sellers, and usually go with sellers that I have bought from before. I would say that a greater problem for me has been retailers, and sometimes extremely insufficient packaging for shipping.

ThisOne

JANG addresses a systemic problem that is getting worse from Bricklink and eBay sellers:

So far, I've been lucky. I'm extremely picky about choosing my sellers, and usually go with sellers that I have bought from before. I would say that a greater problem for me has been retailers, and sometimes extremely insufficient packaging for shipping.

While I agree it's a crappy problem to deal with, couldn't the buyers theoretically make a stink with eBay and get their money back?

robochimp

While I agree it's a crappy problem to deal with, couldn't the buyers theoretically make a stink with eBay and get their money back?

The buyer's option through eBay/paypal would be a significantly not as described complaint which would require the the buyer to send the item back for a full refund.

slightly disappointed by the Lighthouse set itself as i was expecting something more "finished" or polished as a display model i guess hmmm, it also looks like it's open on the backside?

Either way, though it would have just been icing on the cake as the Mansion and the Machine are already sure buys for me!

Rootbeer

Banned
if buyers start hitting the sellers where it counts, in the feedback, this problem goes away real fast. It's a good video to shed light on the issue, but incentive is what gets results, not pleading.

don't be afraid to leave bad feedback when it is deserved. You can contact the seller first about the issue and see if they will issue a partial refund or credit, and if not, give them a low score. You can't be a seller and skimp on packaging, it's just not acceptable. I've had collectibles sent in TERRIBLE packaging before that resulted in damage and I made sure they knew how I felt.

Ravek

Banned

Damn. You can really tell he is holding back a lot of anger and disappointment.

God I am so on board for all these Scooby sets. That plane looks fantastic! And I love the hidden cave behind the skull in the lighthouse set. Now there's just one more to be revealed, right? The mummy one?

Also SUPER into the dark green Creature figure in the lighthouse. Now my bright green MF one will have a friend.

Yeah I've come across that problem myself...I often sell off my used sets and I do advertise them as 100 percent complete but do specify I make mistakes and if there are pieces missing, I always send the missing pieces or buy the missing pieces and send them. Usually it's just a case where I missed putting some pieces in and it's a pretty easy fix if the buyer lets me know. The other issue...I don't really run into since I avoid buying sets with the box unless it's NIB (Which I tend to buy quite a bit).

As for Scooby Doo, I think there is a very very good chance I will end up buying the entire line.

taoofjord

So I've been threatening ever since I started posting in LegoGAF that I was going to take photos of all my Classic Space Lego for you all. Well, I finally did! Mainly because I wanted to document them before I broke them down, but still :)

Wow! These old sci-fi Lego builds (is that the term? I know nothing of Lego) are amazing! I only just got into collecting action figures but I may have to find a cool sci-fi/space Lego kit to purchase. Any recommendations?

I am wrong and you are right. I was referring to the monster fighters one!
Huh, that's weird. I coulda sworn they did a CMF Creature too, they did every other Monster Fighter monster in the CMF line before the sets came out, right? Vampire, lady vampire, crazy scientist, Frankenstein's monster, zombie, mummy, werewolf?

Rootbeer

Banned
Final Duel is designed VERY similarly to Palpatine's Arrest, I'm sure that's obvious to many LEGO fans who've seen that set but I find it very fitting, especially when both of those film scenes are in a lot of ways mirrors of each-other too.

slightly disappointed by the Lighthouse set itself as i was expecting something more "finished" or polished as a display model i guess hmmm, it also looks like it's open on the backside?

Either way, though it would have just been icing on the cake as the Mansion and the Machine are already sure buys for me!

One set has to hit the modest price point. Looks pretty easy to double up on, though i guess if it were a bigger set there'd be a bigger lighthouse to terrain ratio.

Maybe something decent on bricklink....then again I do love Lego terrain...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom