• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do a time lapse.
I thought about it, but it is so tedious to do those, and the build is so huge it would be so hard to keep it all in frame too.
Couple that with the fact it is OOP, which is just rubbing salt in the wound.
I am 11 steps in and am already struggling to juggle space on the table. This thing balloons in size really fast.

That is after 11 steps. I am already out of room, and I was ready for it too.

19 steps. And it will add another foot or more before it is done.
Yeah, time lapse would never happen.

Edit 3: and don't worry about the steadily emptying beer. I will refill it.

bremon

It's been way too long since I've checked in on you guys. I've been on a power tool binge, and almost ridiculously busy with life, and because I thought Pet Shop would retire first, I missed out on Town Hall... so disappointed in myself. Recently stopped by the Lego Store here in Edmonton and a staff member told me I missed Town Hall by just a couple months. The good news is that the Scooby-Doo theme has me feeling a little better/optimistic, but there is still some feeling of shame. Parisian Restaurant looks like an awesome modular, I'm still out the fence with my feelings towards Palace Cinema and the new Detective Agency. I just have to tell myself "Town Hall was bland and a weird color and you wouldn't have liked it anyway" (which I know is a lie...).

It's been way too long since I've checked in on you guys. I've been on a power tool binge, and almost ridiculously busy with life, and because I thought Pet Shop would retire first, I missed out on Town Hall... so disappointed in myself. Recently stopped by the Lego Store here in Edmonton and a staff member told me I missed Town Hall by just a couple months. The good news is that the Scooby-Doo theme has me feeling a little better/optimistic, but there is still some feeling of shame. Parisian Restaurant looks like an awesome modular, I'm still out the fence with my feelings towards Palace Cinema and the new Detective Agency. I just have to tell myself "Town Hall was bland and a weird color and you wouldn't have liked it anyway" (which I know is a lie...).

Don't worry. I waffled on Town Hall and missed it too. I need to tell myself, but all modulars no matter what. If I don't like it, I can sell it for my money back or even make some.

Anyone see 40120 Seasonal Valentine’s Day Dinner set in their LEGO store? Mine sold out after the first week for January. I bought one already, but I think I want a few more. They haven't gotten any more in since they sold out.

They have them on S@H so I'll probably pick some up there if still available by February 1st so I can get the promotional polybag.

So I've been threatening ever since I started posting in LegoGAF that I was going to take photos of all my Classic Space Lego for you all. Well, I finally did! Mainly because I wanted to document them before I broke them down, but still :)

This is all stuff from my childhood, so there are loose pieces, discolouration, bite marks, worn out prints, and all kinds of defects. I'm thinking of replacing the pieces with the really bad bite marks (hey, at 8 years old I thought that was how you separated pieces) as they have actually distorted the shape and made them hard to fit, but the rest is staying as-is.

The gallery of full-res images can be found here.

6783-1: Sonar Transmitting Cruiser
This is a pretty awesome set, and the lights and sounds still work! Love that the large ship breaks into a scout ship and two 'base' compartments, and also comes with a buggy, and a mini scout ship. Favourite is the little blue robot though.

This set also has pictures of multiple alternate builds on the box. I definitely have to try MOCing them one day (no instructions for these alternate builds of course).
img_0682rouwv.jpg

img_0683i3uc0.jpg

img_06848zu59.jpg

img_0685zcu63.jpg

img_0686j2ujm.jpg

img_0687xfuju.jpg

6877-1: Vector Detector
The little box actually connects with a magnet, which is a nice touch. Makes it easy to pick up the cargo without landing!

6842-1: Small Space Shuttle Craft
Probably the oldest style set I own. Pretty boring, really, but I like it for nostalgia reasons.

6820-1: Starfire I

1499-1: Twin Starfire

1498-1: Spy-Bot
This is probably my favourite set out of all my old ones. I love the way the arms and legs are built to create points of semi-articulation, and the head is built on a rotating plate so you can spin his head all the way around. Worth more than I thought for such a small set (about $80 on Bricklink).

6806-1: Surface Hopper

6875-1: Hovercraft
Love the little scout ships that detach from the sides.

Well, that's it! Now that I've built and photographed my old childhood sets, I'm never taking photos again!! I know some of you like posing and photographing scenes, but I find it painfully boring, and only did it to share the love with LegoGAF! I hope you appreciate it ;)

wetwired

ET Complete!

ETFinal.jpg

I'm not completely happy with it (but to be honest I never am) The eyes are a bit off, but they were difficult to do, this was the 3rd attempt and I pretty much just gave up :/

yeah, also wasn't ET kinda a lighter shade of brown color though? ;P

Other than that though he looks great! What project was that for again or was it just ET by his lonesome?

wetwired

yeah, also wasn't ET kinda a lighter shade of brown color though? ;P

Other than that though he looks great! What project was that for again or was it just ET by his lonesome?

Yeah this was the closest colour I could find in the type of paint I needed.

Just for the hell of it for now, Tempted to make elliot and gertie now though

Yeah this was the closest colour I could find in the type of paint I needed.

Just for the hell of it for now, Tempted to make elliot and gertie now though

If you are doing it for this year's show I strongly recommend doing a variant in drag!

Agreed about the dark tone, but overall this is amazing. The shape is perfect.

ghostmind

So I've been threatening ever since I started posting in LegoGAF that I was going to take photos of all my Classic Space Lego for you all. Well, I finally did! Mainly because I wanted to document them before I broke them down, but still :)

This is all stuff from my childhood, so there are loose pieces, discolouration, bite marks, worn out prints, and all kinds of defects. I'm thinking of replacing the pieces with the really bad bite marks (hey, at 8 years old I thought that was how you separated pieces) as they have actually distorted the shape and made them hard to fit, but the rest is staying as-is.

Well, that's it! Now that I've built and photographed my old childhood sets, I'm never taking photos again!! I know some of you like posing and photographing scenes, but I find it painfully boring, and only did it to share the love with LegoGAF! I hope you appreciate it ;)

Awesome photos - thanks for sharing! All of these sets were after I was into Classic Space, so I am unfamiliar with most of them. I really like that Twin Starfire set!

A lot of your collection is in remarkably good shape, considering that it was well played with. My old sets were full of bite marks - my poor teeth!

sweet Mixels.... getting suckered into buying these again after i called it quits after Series 3 hmmm damn retreads but the glowkies and AstroMixels simply look amazing!!

Phon: You rebuilding your SSD finally made me decide to build mine as well... that OR the Best Star hmmm, decisions decisions.... it'll be my first huge SW set and my first 3000+ pieces set as well!!

sweet Mixels.... getting suckered into buying these again after i called it quits after Series 3 hmmm damn retreads but the glowkies and AstroMixels simply look amazing!!

Phon: You rebuilding your SSD finally made me decide to build mine as well... that OR the Best Star hmmm, decisions decisions.... it'll be my first huge SW set and my first 3000+ pieces set as well!!

Not sure if you look for nice parts for MOCs, but those cylindrical domes on the AstroMixels are pretty rare at the moment. I really wish they were trans clear instead of trans black, but nonetheless I really like that part and the new Fire and Astro Mixels. Glowkies are just OK to me.

So this is why this thread killed my smartphone today. Nice pictures!

I actually have some Classic Space news today too! I went to Model Team, a small basement shop on the outskirts of Stockholm. And it's basically Lego heaven. You know that other awesome shop I've talked about? That one has displays of 90% of all Star Wars sets ever released, tons of Harry Potter and Creator, and a bunch of OOP sets, right? But it mostly sells new stuff and has the old stuff basically for bragging rights. This shop has stuff all the way back to the 60's and some old pre-plastic toys, and then all the way through the 70's, 80's and up until some rather modern sets. And it's all for sale! Of course, it's mostly pretty expensive, but still.

Some samples: Taj Mahal, Grand Emporium, an older Creator family house, a ton of Classic Castles, NBA figures, Fabuland, many of the old sets I got preowned from the 70's as a kid, most of my first City and Space sets, and then plenty of Futuron, Space Police, Blacktron, M-Tron etc. PotC, Star Wars, Indiana Jones (a father with two kids bought the Indiana+Senior bike escape set while I was there), even some Avatar.

Since the prices were mostly high-ish BL levels, I didn't go on a shopping spree. I was looking at the Space Police lights and sound set but at around $90 it was too much for an impulse buy. I did get the http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?S=6932-1 Stardefender 200, as well as an extra black Futuron guy and a really cool Nya figure from the first Ninjago series.

If you ever go to Stockholm, you need to brave the local transit system and track this place down.

Snowspeeder real talk:

I just built the MicroFighter Series 2 Snowspeeder and i just love the look (similar in size to the Planets series one) and realize once again that it is probably my favorite ship in OT Star Wars (is there another ;p ? )

- Is there ANY chance at all that we will see another UCS Snowspeeder what with the upcoming Ep VII and probably not getting any new OT stuff for a while or..?

- Does anyone know why the latest Snowspeeder (the midsize one) does NOT feature the color ORANGE in it? It's probably the reason i didn't get it yet hmm...

Hey all.

The list below is shamelessly stolen from slickdeals, but you can cut all of these prices in half.

My store in Buffalo had a bunch of these on the shelves not marked clearance.

Good luck.

Theme Set # Set Name Base Cost
Chima 70000 Razcal's Glider $5.97
Chima 70001 Crawley's Claw Ripper $7.47
Chima 70002 Lennox' Lion Attack $12.47
Chima 70003 Eris' Eagle Inceptor $17.47
Chima 70004 Wakz' Pack Tracker $14.97
Chima 70005 Laval's Royal Fighter $19.97
Chima 70006 Cragger's Command Ship $39.97
Chima 70007 Eglor's Twin Bike $12.47
Chima 70008 Gorzon's Gorilla Striker $24.97
Chima 70010 The Lion CHI Temple $59.97
Chima 70115 Ultimate Speedor Tournament $14.97
Chima 70124 Eagle Legend Beast $4.97
Chima 70140 Stinger Duel $9.97
Chima 70156 Fire vs. Ice Speedorz $9.95
City 4439 Heavy Lift Helicopter $24.97
City 60004 Fire Station $49.97
City 60008 Museum Break-In $34.97
City 60019 Stunt Plane $9.97
City 60020 Cargo Truck $19.97
City 60027 Monster Truck Transporter $14.97
Creator 7346 Seaside House $24.97
Creator 31005 Construction Hauler $8.97
Creator 31025 Mountain Hut $19.97
Duplo 6136 My First Zoo $12.47
Friends 3061 City Park Cafe $17.47
Friends 41040 2014 Advent Calendar $14.97
Hobbit 79002 Attack Of The Wargs $24.97
Hobbit 79014 Dol Guldur Battle $34.97
Monster Fighters 9467 Ghost Train $39.97
Monster Fighters 9468 Vampyre Castle $49.97
Ninjago 9448 Samurai Mech $19.97
Ninjago 70501 Warrior Bike $9.97
Ninjago 70504 Garmatron $19.97
Ninjago 70505 Temple Of Light $34.97
Star Wars 9491 Geonosian Cannon $9.97
TMNT 79104 Shellraiser Street Chase $30.97

Fowler

Managed to find a few minifigs I wanted today (GREEN LANTERN!), went to add them to my display and... Discovered the man cave was flooded. No idea where the water came from, either; no marks on the ceiling or walls or windows. Argh.

Hey all.

The list below is shamelessly stolen from slickdeals, but you can cut all of these prices in half.

My store in Buffalo had a bunch of these on the shelves not marked clearance.

Good luck.

Theme Set # Set Name Base Cost
Chima 70000 Razcal's Glider $5.97
Chima 70001 Crawley's Claw Ripper $7.47
Chima 70002 Lennox' Lion Attack $12.47
Chima 70003 Eris' Eagle Inceptor $17.47
Chima 70004 Wakz' Pack Tracker $14.97
Chima 70005 Laval's Royal Fighter $19.97
Chima 70006 Cragger's Command Ship $39.97
Chima 70007 Eglor's Twin Bike $12.47
Chima 70008 Gorzon's Gorilla Striker $24.97
Chima 70010 The Lion CHI Temple $59.97
Chima 70115 Ultimate Speedor Tournament $14.97
Chima 70124 Eagle Legend Beast $4.97
Chima 70140 Stinger Duel $9.97
Chima 70156 Fire vs. Ice Speedorz $9.95
City 4439 Heavy Lift Helicopter $24.97
City 60004 Fire Station $49.97
City 60008 Museum Break-In $34.97
City 60019 Stunt Plane $9.97
City 60020 Cargo Truck $19.97
City 60027 Monster Truck Transporter $14.97
Creator 7346 Seaside House $24.97
Creator 31005 Construction Hauler $8.97
Creator 31025 Mountain Hut $19.97
Duplo 6136 My First Zoo $12.47
Friends 3061 City Park Cafe $17.47
Friends 41040 2014 Advent Calendar $14.97
Hobbit 79002 Attack Of The Wargs $24.97
Hobbit 79014 Dol Guldur Battle $34.97
Monster Fighters 9467 Ghost Train $39.97
Monster Fighters 9468 Vampyre Castle $49.97
Ninjago 9448 Samurai Mech $19.97
Ninjago 70501 Warrior Bike $9.97
Ninjago 70504 Garmatron $19.97
Ninjago 70505 Temple Of Light $34.97
Star Wars 9491 Geonosian Cannon $9.97
TMNT 79104 Shellraiser Street Chase $30.97
It will vary wildly from store to store. My local store only had 3 sets go clearance.

ThisOne

I've got a random assortment of 10 or 15 minifigures that I'm looking to sell off from The Simpsons, Lego Movie, and Series 13. Is this the best place to list those or is there another thread that would be more appropriate?

Ironmask

Managed to find a few minifigs I wanted today (GREEN LANTERN!), went to add them to my display and... Discovered the man cave was flooded. No idea where the water came from, either; no marks on the ceiling or walls or windows. Argh.

Man this sucks hard, i had the same event due to heavy raining and i had to dispose of a lot of things on the floor directly in the garbage bin, now i put all the lego stuff in plastic boxes at high places. Hope nothing of value was lost

Heads up for my fellow Aussie LegoGAF, my local KMart had a few sets on 'clerance' yesterday:

75050 B-Wing $49
70807 MetalBeard's Duel $39
70808 Super Cycle Chase $59

Not sure how it works, if all KMarts will have these prices, but check it out if you're interested. I was tempted with the B-Wing ($30 off!) and MetalBeard's Duel, but I'd literally blown my entire Lego budget on the Galaxy Squad Bug Obliterator about 20 minutes previously. Maybe if there's still some left next month...

A lot of your collection is in remarkably good shape, considering that it was well played with. My old sets were full of bite marks - my poor teeth!
Yeah, I was surprised too. When I started sorting through my old Lego tubs from my parent's house, I couldn't believe how few pieces I'd lost. Sure, I had to Bricklink a couple of pieces per set, but given how old they were and how much I'd played with them, I couldn't believe how many had survived. I think I must've been a fairly organised child!

mojiimbo

I was down on the Speed Champions designs because they looked a little too abstract considering they went through all the hoops to license them but those last shots sold me on them.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I'd really like to see the LaFerrari without the stickers. I'll get the set no matter what, but I really hope it still looks half-decent without stickers, since I'm vehemently opposed to stickers...
It looks even better in these actual photos than in the stock photos. Looking forward to it!

The same guy that posted those photos posted this one as well, which I think is worth seeing:

Looks pretty great!

ThisOne

Minifigures for sell:

Series 10:
Grandpa

Series 11:
Evil Mech

The Simpsons:
Apu

The Lego Movie:
President Business
Panda Guy

Series 12:
Battle Goddess
Fairytale Princess
Jester
Prospector
Rock Star (x2)

In total, there are 11 minifigures. I would prefer to sell them all together to one buyer rather than have offers for individual figures. They are all in very good condition and complete with pieces/accessories. I am looking to get $45 for all 11 of them but I am willing to consider other offers. Payment through Paypal. Shipping only to the United States. PM me if you're interested or have an offer.

Ryuuroden

Toys r Us is finally really trying to clear out their remaining Galaxy Squad sets. The store north of me has Hive Crawler discounted to 25 dollars a set......

ghostmind

I was down on the Speed Champions designs because they looked a little too abstract considering they went through all the hoops to license them but those last shots sold me on them.

Yeah, seeing these for "real" has sold me on them. Will pick up the La Ferrari, McLaren P1, and Porsche 918 Spyder when they are released in North America.

I'd really like to see the LaFerrari without the stickers. I'll get the set no matter what, but I really hope it still looks half-decent without stickers, since I'm vehemently opposed to stickers...
It looks even better in these actual photos than in the stock photos. Looking forward to it!

The same guy that posted those photos posted this one as well, which I think is worth seeing:

Looks pretty great!

*virtual fist bump* We don't need no stickin' stickers.

I do not want to apply stickers either. Only time I would apply stickers is if I don't plan on taking the model apart much or at all. Those cars may be an exception. I'll apply them and will just have to keep the parts with stickers separately when taken apart.

Man, I was sold on those cars already. The rims has me sold 110% now.

Ryuuroden

So that bricklink order that I put in 3 months ago before Thanksgiving.....it was finally shipped......and fucking stolen from my doorsteps. shit sucks so hard. I hate my mail delivery. Everything is going to be shipped to a UPS box now. It just creeps me out that people are walking into the building and stealing mail.

Stealing LEGO is a horrible horrible crime that should be punished severely. Punished person should be forced to walk around with Lego in their shoes and floor plastered with Lego and forced to carry 100 pounds in weight with them while barefoot so they can feel the physical pain equal to the emotional pain I feel right now having my LEGO bricks stolen. They should have to live with this punishment for eternity.

Just got lewa, my fifth 2015 Toa. I didn't like him from the photos but he's pretty cool in person. I like the green/yellow/silver color scheme. Much better than many of the toa who use a four color- color scheme which just makes them noisy. (Best answer being onua with his silver/gold/purple/black color scheme.) Getting used to his mask, not my favorite as its the least similar to the originals but its pretty good for what it is. Definitley much better than the Nuva version. I really like his 'back pack' look he has, of course it sacrifices neck movement but that isnt a huge deal to me.

bremon

Don't worry. I waffled on Town Hall and missed it too. I need to tell myself, but all modulars no matter what. If I don't like it, I can sell it for my money back or even make some.
Well the good news because I've complained about not being able to have a complete collection, my girlfriend decided we need to buy more and build the next modular together, and the one she likes best is Parisian Restaurant. Things are looking up!

ghostmind

So what are all the March releases again then? I'm gonna take advantage of those double VIP points.

CITY Demolition
Elves
Ninjago
Pirates
Speed Champions
Ultra Agents

... and the S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier regular release on March 1st.

Rumor has it that the Avengers: AoU sets will be releasing some time in March as well - it was previously believed that these would not be out until April.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
CITY Demolition
Elves
Ninjago
Pirates
Speed Champions
Ultra Agents

... and the S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier regular release on March 1st.

Rumor has it that the Avengers: AoU sets will be releasing some time in March as well - it was previously believed that these would not be out until April.

Thanks!
Hmm. I'll probably only get the Speed Champions sets (Definitely LaFerrari, probably Porsche 911 GTs, undecided about the others) and maybe some stuff on clearance depending on what's on clearance. Maybe I'll pick up Parisian Restaurant during double VIP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom