• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked up the ultra agents hq set today, looks great for £50 plus I got a £5 voucher which I put towards the Tremor tank and got it for £6, the boy loves it

Maengun1

Someone sneaked some photos at Nuremberg...

iYittCs.jpg

1QU9gkW.jpg

Ughhh, I need it! The lighthouse set looks fantastic. The plane I'm not super impressed by, but the Headless Horseman episode of Scooby Doo was my favorite as a kid!

I'm just going to get them all.

Huh, that's weird. I coulda sworn they did a CMF Creature too, they did every other Monster Fighter monster in the CMF line before the sets came out, right? Vampire, lady vampire, crazy scientist, Frankenstein's monster, zombie, mummy, werewolf?

Nope. There were the concept drawings of CMF's floating around that had it in it. It ended up in the Monster Fighters.

Everything else you mentioned were in CMF (minus lady vampire) and also in Monster Fighter theme. The werewolves were very different. MF had wolf shaped head. CMF had regular minifig head with a brown hair piece.

BTW, I stopped by Glendale LEGO store for the first time. I was unexpectedly in the area. Only guy working today was some really big guy Arnel or something. Was gonna ask him if he knew anything about NeoGAF. That store is huge compared to the South Coast LEGO store which I think is the smallest store in California.

Final Duel is designed VERY similarly to Palpatine's Arrest, I'm sure that's obvious to many LEGO fans who've seen that set but I find it very fitting, especially when both of those film scenes are in a lot of ways mirrors of each-other too.

I am totally digging the Final Duel. That will be a great set to get to wrap up my OT sets.

Someone sneaked some photos at Nuremberg...

iYittCs.jpg

1QU9gkW.jpg

I love the fact that Scooby Doo is steering all the vehicles. I want all the sets. It's amazing comparing the LEGO sets to the other brick company sets.

I know the preorder figure will probably be someone from Jurassic World, but honestly I'd love a John Hammond figure to be the bonus with the game.

Fowler

Sharing a little ManCave fun I've been working on. Well my wife calls it a BoyCave, but whatevs. Star Destroyer was just begging to fly.

AWESOME!!! Is that the massive picture from the Dark Horse Comics farewell sale?

Totally jealous, just had to dismantle my man cave because the room keeps flooding :-(

ghostmind

Somewhat blurry box shots of the upcoming CITY Deep Sea Explorers sets:

ouZto9H.jpg

WB0GvVT.jpg

bi4ikt0.jpg

P6P2ZZv.jpg

pS9O8IE.jpg

As you can see, the helicopter set is pretty superfluous, given that we get another manned submersible in 60092.

I'm also expecting a retailer-exclusive set - 60094 - which has not been shown yet.

ghostmind

Is that a full array of the small 1x1 stud launching guns? I thought I saw it in one picture before, but the video makes me think the same thing again.

Either way, that set looks killer. Ugh. Too many awesome sets!

I think the boat has three versions of the stud launchers:

The "handheld" type:
dcjnIIK.jpg

The "mountable" type:
CJ28XiM.jpg

And the "gatling" type:
Vc9PFbH.jpg

I am most excited by the "mountable" type, as it enables you to attach multiples in a row to launch larger bricks.

I think the boat has three versions of the stud launchers:

The "handheld" type:
dcjnIIK.jpg

The "mountable" type:
CJ28XiM.jpg

And the "gatling" type:
Vc9PFbH.jpg

I am most excited by the "mountable" type, as it enables you to attach multiples in a row to launch larger bricks.

Wow. I had only seen the handheld ones before. That is nuts.

I'm as giddy as a school girl right now as a package arrived while I was at work.

A set I have wanted for so long, since seeing it shortly after coming out of my dark ages but was going to try to put together as I went. Bit the bullet a couple weeks ago and here it is.

Had to get it from Germany. Other choice was USA.

Good job on packaging.

Ta da! The Titan XP!!

Old skool! First time since decades ago that I have a set boxed like this.

Even the type of bags takes me back. Some of them are those with little dot holes all over. I don't know when Lego stopped but not seen one for a long time.

Time to build.

Also, kudos on the Mancave The Doop, looking great.

ouZto9H.jpg

WB0GvVT.jpg

bi4ikt0.jpg

P6P2ZZv.jpg

pS9O8IE.jpg

As you can see, the helicopter set is pretty superfluous, given that we get another manned submersible in 60092.

I'm also expecting a retailer-exclusive set - 60094 - which has not been shown yet.

Man those look great! Not too many new pieces but awesome none the less. Feels like a good semi middle ground of classic City Divers + Aquazone... Partially because the jewel hunting theme.

Jeez. I need to get me some swamp sets for gators and the cheap diver sets for the shark and octopus.

Just bought two series thirteen figs while on my Amiibo nerd-quest to target. Haven't bought any in ages. Pretty excited.

bi4ikt0.jpg

I'm intrigued by that skeleton. Is that "spine" a new part?

pS9O8IE.jpg

I'm not too interested in the diving theme, but that shipwreck looks fantastic! That big sub one looks good too. I will be getting the two smallest sets, and will ponder on the sub, 60092.

I'm intrigued by that skeleton. Is that "spine" a new part?

I'm not too interested in the diving theme, but that shipwreck looks fantastic! That big sub one looks good too. I will be getting the two smallest sets, and will ponder on the sub, 60092.

No, the spine is Technic connectors with a few additions.

BTW, my UCS R2-D2 turned out to be cheaper. I went back the other day and it turns out that the store had EVERYTHING Star Wars at 25% off (another store had the SSD but that's not an option either way). So I asked them if I could return what I bought previously, and that was fine. So I lugged my unopened (since I'm on a business trip) R2-D2 back to the store, got a refund and then bought it again at 25% off. I don't usually do that but at about $60 off that's a sizable sum of cash I can spend on something else now.

Like, Bricklink parts for the second one :D

No, the spine is Technic connectors with a few additions.

BTW, my UCS R2-D2 turned out to be cheaper. I went back the other day and it turns out that the store had EVERYTHING Star Wars at 25% off (another store had the SSD but that's not an option either way). So I asked them if I could return what I bought previously, and that was fine. So I lugged my unopened (since I'm on a business trip) R2-D2 back to the store, got a refund and then bought it again at 25% off. I don't usually do that but at about $60 off that's a sizable sum of cash I can spend on something else now.

Like, Bricklink parts for the second one :D

Ah, I think I know which piece you are talking about. Picture is blurry so looked smooth to me.
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=32016

$60 is lot of LEGO. I have bought so much LEGO, I look at any discount I can get. Even 10% off adds up when you spend hundreds to thousands of dollars.
I think like you, save money to spend more on LEGO.

I'm thinking the 2014 Christmas promotion (Wall Calendar with coupons) is a way better value than the PAB from previous years. Of course it greatly depends on if you like the 3 items for each month and if you can go to the store each month. With that disclaimer, I just found out that the Build-A-Mini is for a whole pack. I was thinking it was just for one minifig. A pack is for 3 minifigs which is how they usually sell them. Just that ($9.99) alone is more than a small PAB cup ($8.99).

As I mentioned, the value highly depends on each person's interest in the offers and ability to go to the store. It also matters how many calendars one has and what they would do with the multiple promotional minifigs.

Oh yeah, it also matters what will be available in the BAM kiosk. I'm hoping there are some good items in March.

3N16MA

Banned
Picked up the X-Wing (9493) as TRU still had one in stock. I'm not sure when there will be another OT X-Wing released outside of the current UCS so better to get it while it was still available.

Nether Fortress is the only 2nd wave set I think that really stands out. Dat dark red looks great. Would have been nice to have 2 blazes unless they plan future sets with those.

The others are nice, but mostly just more of the same as first wave in different biomes.

Ravek

Banned
I'm as giddy as a school girl right now as a package arrived while I was at work.

A set I have wanted for so long, since seeing it shortly after coming out of my dark ages but was going to try to put together as I went. Bit the bullet a couple weeks ago and here it is.

Had to get it from Germany. Other choice was USA.

Good job on packaging.

Ta da! The Titan XP!!

Old skool! First time since decades ago that I have a set boxed like this.

Even the type of bags takes me back. Some of them are those with little dot holes all over. I don't know when Lego stopped but not seen one for a long time.

Time to build.

Also, kudos on the Mancave The Doop, looking great.

I really want this set, now that I know it exist.

Picked up the X-Wing (9493) as TRU still had one in stock. I'm not sure when there will be another OT X-Wing released outside of the current UCS so better to get it while it was still available.

Ah, the set that someone on here affectionately referred to as the Sex Wing, and I and many others kept using the term. Such a fantastic set. Dat nose! You will know what I mean when you build it.

I am so amped for the new Lego Minecraft sets.

Two things I LOVE about them is 1) they aren't just facades, they're full 3D environments with floors, and 2) due to them using full bricks instead of plates and tiles, they're BIG. Even the small Cave and Dungeon sets are big because of this.

Speaking of the Dungeon, I noticed there's actually a rounded piece on the floor that's rather out of place with all the other square aesthetic. I feel like it might be a mechanism for making the glowing pieces inside the Spawner, but has anyone seen any confirmation of this?

3N16MA

Banned
Ah, the set that someone on here affectionately referred to as the Sex Wing, and I and many others kept using the term. Such a fantastic set. Dat nose! You will know what I mean when you build it.

I'm happy I was able to find one. Just getting back into LEGO and I had no clue this set was going to be retired. No one seemed to have it in stock and then one popped up online at TRU.

Star Destroyer, AT-AT, and X-Wing have been bought. Missed the TIE Fighter but looking at the B-Wing. Any opinions on that set?

Ponn

Banned
New mixels finally up on S@H.

Guys, i don't think I can wait till march double VIP for Helicarrier. My willpower is weak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom