• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I regret not buying more than one TIE when it was still in print. And I still only have 1 TIE Prototype Advance so in two years I'll be saying the same thing about that one.

I really don't see what a USC model would do for the TIE. The 2012 one looked just fine.

Mail brought two of these 31018s from amazon warehouse and the 2014 snowspeeder.

3RErf3G.jpg

Gonna build the snowspeeder now cuz I can do that before bed. No idea what to do with the two Highway Cruisers yet; will save for a rainy day.

I will probably just get Helicarrier at launch. I am too worried about it being out of stock in March to worry about the extra $15 it would net me in VIP points.

ghostmind

The promo minifig for Star Wars Days at LEGOland is TC-14, the old promo poly from a few years back.

So that begs the question as to how the Stormtrooper Sergeant poly will be available. Apparently it has already shown up at BR Toy Shops in Denmark.

Snowspeeder is the first set I've gotten with this color, but it's only used on two 2x1s and they're almost completely covered up by the engines. Gonna have to replace with a more common color and find a more prominent place for them.

Just did the Microfighter AT-AT and i gotta say it is by far the best BUILD out of all of those i did so far... Snowspeeder still has it slightly beat for looks in my book but this was great fun! (and also just warm up for the Best Star which is next on my to build list)

7ojymVw.jpg

Zerojul

Just did the Microfighter AT-AT and i gotta say it is by far the best BUILD out of all of those i did so far... Snowspeeder still has it slightly beat for looks in my book but this was great fun! (and also just warm up for the Best Star which is next on my to build list)

7ojymVw.jpg

So cute. I pose mine next to last years AT-AT. Like a really disproportionate mother/child kinda setting.

I was working on a stand last night to pose the mini snow speeder next to the big ATAT. No luck so far.

Do you have the Idea Birds set? great transparent one in there...

also: that Darkseid set where you could use the invisible Jet's wings as stands as some here pointed out!

Or are you simply looking for a black/grey stand?

Zerojul

Your post does remind me i still need to get the big AT-AT... dat price tag tho :(

It's kinda expensive (and even worse in Europe of course), but well worth it if you ask me. One of the best sets of 2014 IMO :)

I was working on a stand last night to pose the mini snow speeder next to the big ATAT. No luck so far.

Reminds me I need to build something to attach a wire-like thing to the mini snow speeder and around the AT AT's legs. Kitchen string might do the trick :)

Do you have the Idea Birds set? great transparent one in there...

also: that Darkseid set where you could use the invisible Jet's wings as stands as some here pointed out!

Or are you simply looking for a black/grey stand?

Ha. I was actually the one that suggested using the Invisible Jet wings as a stand. I should put my money where my mouth is.

This morning my youngest daughter was complaining that the (awesome) swing set in Olivia's House is too small to hold several figures. Tonight's engineering project will be to build a stable apparatus capable of swinging 10-15 figs/dolls. I expect this could prove...challenging.

Ha. I was actually the one that suggested using the Invisible Jet wings as a stand. I should put my money where my mouth is.

This morning my youngest daughter was complaining that the (awesome) swing set in Olivia's House is too small to hold several figures. Tonight's engineering project will be to build a stable apparatus capable of swinging 10-15 figs/dolls. I expect this could prove...challenging.
Does she want one gigantic swing, or just enough swing space for everybody to play on at once? If she's ok with an array of smaller swings that might be easier than a mammoth swinging party-couch.

New mixels finally up on S@H.

Guys, i don't think I can wait till march double VIP for Helicarrier. My willpower is weak.

This is how I feel. The only thing keeping me waiting is that I still need to build my Tumbler.

My biggest fear is that Helicarrier will sell out and I won't be able to grab one until after double VIP month.

Chuckled at this ;)

Yeah give it a try, so far i have never put anything on a stand either that didn't come with one so this would be a first for me as well! I am more intrigued however by the prospect of dangling starships from the ceiling, which i imagine would look glorious when done right but i'm too scared the damn things are gonna fall one day.

Target clearances are expected to begin on Thursday. Just a heads-up that there could be some pretty steep discounts. Many sets have already been discounted, but shelves are pretty bare so I wouldn't wait until the weekend if I were you.

Fowler

There must've been a Death Star Canteen, yeah?

Yeah.

I had to do it. The bottom floor of the Death Star is empty, anyway. It's just crying out for a cafeteria downstairs, so in between battles Darth Vader can chill and order the...

Nitemare1

I regret not buying more than one TIE when it was still in print. And I still only have 1 TIE Prototype Advance so in two years I'll be saying the same thing about that one.

I really don't see what a USC model would do for the TIE. The 2012 one looked just fine.

Mail brought two of these 31018s from amazon warehouse and the 2014 snowspeeder.

Gonna build the snowspeeder now cuz I can do that before bed. No idea what to do with the two Highway Cruisers yet; will save for a rainy day.

I love that bike. There's one currently parked next to my VW camper van.

neonglow

Target clearances are expected to begin on Thursday. Just a heads-up that there could be some pretty steep discounts. Many sets have already been discounted, but shelves are pretty bare so I wouldn't wait until the weekend if I were you.

The stores are run by a liquidator now. What they usually do is mark everything back to MSRP or over MSRP and then apply a gradual increase in discounts. It could start at 15% or 25% and go up from there.

Found this for about $6 at Toys R Us after coupon. 4 figs, a dog, gold pieces, tiles, jumpers, weapons, foliage, flags, jewels, and wagon wheels.

I may go back for some more.

It is a great army builder and parts pack. It needs minifigs with armor (knights) to make it an awesome one.

Amazon has currently has it for $7.98. They limit you to 2 per order though and I think if you order too much they will cap you. I bought 2 of them last time they had that price months ago. If it had a knight in there I would have bought a few more sets.

My TRU was almost wiped out of Galaxy Squad except for the smallest set which I couldn't resist for ~$6 and the Hive Crawler. They had about 5 of them left. I already have 2, but would have bought another one if they had that 20% off clearance items coupon still around..

neonglow

I have no experience with this-is this approach confirmed?

It's nearly confirmed. This article says Target is asking the court for permission to hire liquidation consultants/companies.

http://www.thestar.com/business/2015/01/30/target-canada-liquidation-to-begin-soon.html

These companies are bidding on Target's stock inventory. When that happens, I think everything is sold to these companies. It's up to them to maximize the profits and they do that by jacking everything back up to full price and slowly increasing discounts week by week. Be careful when buying stuff because not everything is a deal and there are no refunds.

Vyer

The stores are run by a liquidator now. What they usually do is mark everything back to MSRP or over MSRP and then apply a gradual increase in discounts. It could start at 15% or 25% and go up from there.

Yeah, retail liquidation usually sucks.

Worst part is everyone generally gets fooled by the 'EVERYTHING MUST GO 20% OFF!' and clears the shelves even though that 20% off probably still is more expensive than when the store was open.

By the time you get to the real holy shit discounts everything is gone.

I'd imagine Target employees are trying to stash stuff so they can bust it out in the final weeks as we speak.

Risible

There must've been a Death Star Canteen, yeah?

Yeah.

I had to do it. The bottom floor of the Death Star is empty, anyway. It's just crying out for a cafeteria downstairs, so in between battles Darth Vader can chill and order the...

Awesome. Love the tray, nice touch. "I could kill you with this tray."

Got a Friends City Cafe for $1.80 today. BN in town didn't pull all their clearance stuff, so it was still on the shelf in the regular section. Much like how WordAssassin got the Dino set for $2.

Sure, I already have a cafe, but for under $2 I ain't passing it up. Lots of good pieces in this set.

This is what they did when they liquidated Zellers to make way for Target.

I expect the same this time.

Good to know, thanks (you too Neonglow).

I picked up a number of sets at Target this month in the 40% off range so I expect shelves will be pretty bare by the time the deep discounts come around. The LEGO aisles at my local locations were already fairly slim.

Got a Friends City Cafe for $1.80 today. BN in town didn't pull all their clearance stuff, so it was still on the shelf in the regular section. Much like how WordAssassin got the Dino set for $2.

Sure, I already have a cafe, but for under $2 I ain't passing it up. Lots of good pieces in this set.

That's a ridiculous deal. Plus now you have two smart pink pantsuits. Hulk & Deadpool need to form a team.

3N16MA

Banned
I was at one of my local Target stores today and the store looked pretty stocked and ready to go for the liquidation. Hardly anything was on sale or clearance compared to the last few weeks but that is to be expected.

LEGO aisle was only half full with a bunch of empty spots and many of the bigger sets nowhere to be seen. I expect it to be pretty bare after the weekend despite the beginning of a liquidation usually has the smallest discounts.

Not sure if they plan on stocking much of anything after that.

I also went by Meijer today to see if any of the clearance stuff was left. Someone cleaned out their LEGO aisle. Oh, well. At least I got a few huge sets at 50-75% off. And it is for the better that they didn't have anything left. Gotta save for dat Helicarrier!

Continuing my slow rebuild of the Super Star Destroyer. I still love how huge the set gets in such a short amount of time. Then you spend hours thinking, "Man, this thing is huge!" And then you do a few sections where it gets even longer. Then you wait a bit and then add even more onto the length of it. It is almost cartoonish how huge the thing gets as time goes on.

But now I am about to begin the tedious, but very necessary section: the greebling of the hull. *shudder* Maybe that is a good stopping point for the night.

That's a ridiculous deal. Plus now you have two smart pink pantsuits. Hulk & Deadpool need to form a team.

Hmmm. I didn't think of the pantsuits. I was more focused on the huge window pieces (flat and curved) that come with it. And of course a few large light blue plates.

But that does remind me that I need to bust out Deadpool and Hulk again. They have been in storage for too long now. The last time they showed their heads was when they were in bed together last Valentine's Day.

BgeYx7JIYAAo5U-.jpg

3N16MA

Banned
I also went by Meijer today to see if any of the clearance stuff was left. Someone cleaned out their LEGO aisle. Oh, well. At least I got a few huge sets at 50-75% off. And it is for the better that they didn't have anything left. Gotta save for dat Helicarrier!

Continuing my slow rebuild of the Super Star Destroyer. I still love how huge the set gets in such a short amount of time. Then you spend hours thinking, "Man, this thing is huge!" And then you do a few sections where it gets even longer. Then you wait a bit and then add even more onto the length of it. It is almost cartoonish how huge the thing gets as time goes on.

But now I am about to begin the tedious, but very necessary section: the greebling of the hull. *shudder* Maybe that is a good stopping point for the night.

Did you have to clear out a space for it or do you have one ready?

Rootbeer

Banned

is there a way you can tell if something is on clearance there? they don't seem to use any stickers or anything. are there price check kiosks in the isles, i don't remember seeing those either?

I get the feeling finding any 'steals' there is a lot harder because of those two things. you'd have to know EXACTLY what sets were likely to be on clearance due to their theme/age, then go to the checkout and see, ugh :p i don't want to be "that guy"

Fowler

Awesome. Love the tray, nice touch. "I could kill you with this tray."

"Even though I do not need to kill you with a tray, I can kill you without a tray, through the power of the Force. But I could kill you with a tray if I so wished, for I would hack at your neck with the thin bit until your yellow head pops off the peg that holds it to your minifig body."

Wish there was a penne al'arrabiatta piece.

is there a way you can tell if something is on clearance there? they don't seem to use any stickers or anything. are there price check kiosks in the isles, i don't remember seeing those either?

I get the feeling finding any 'steals' there is a lot harder because of those two things. you'd have to know EXACTLY what sets were likely to be on clearance due to their theme/age, then go to the checkout and see, ugh :p i don't want to be "that guy"

With Meijer, the stuff on the shelf had a red price label on the shelf itself, not the set. They should have had signs on the aisle saying "Take an additional 50% off the clearance price", but the LEGO aisle didn't, yet rang up that way when doing a price check.

With BN, if they missed it, just look for old sets on their shelves (like 2+ years old) whenever they have clearance sales and ask someone to check the price. Or, you can ask them to look up the clearance list and sort by vendor to see if anything from LEGO is part of the sale and still in inventory. Sometimes they still have clearance items in the receiving area because there isn't enough room on the sales floor for it all.

Did you have to clear out a space for it or do you have one ready?

SSD goes on top of the big bookcase. It is the only shelf deep enough for it, and the SSD is imposing being higher than anything else in the apartment. I would love a lower shelf that could hold it, but it towering over everything else still feels good.
As for building space, I just have the dining room table cleared off. I posted pics the other day showing it.

That is after 11 steps. I am already out of room, and I was ready for it too.

19 steps. And it will add another foot or more before it is done.

That was the other day. It is now the length of the entire table.

Edit:

Progress for now. I am stopping.

3N16MA

Banned
I'm horrible at feeling the MF bags outside of easily being able to spot hot dog man. My niece really wants unicorn girl and I couldn't spot her despite Walmart having 8 almost full boxes on the shelf. Bought a few and nothing (still love the ones i got).

This is really the first time I am feeling for characters so perhaps I will get better at it. I will just buy a bunch and give her unicorn girl when I get it.

That deal will probably go down in history as the luckiest buy of my life. I think narrowly escaping death when I launched off a cliff while ATVing is the only luckier thing I've had happen to me.

I'm horrible at feeling the MF bags outside of easily being able to spot hot dog man. My niece really wants unicorn girl and I couldn't spot her despite Walmart having 8 almost full boxes on the shelf. Bought a few and nothing (still love the ones i got).

This is really the first time I am feeling for characters so perhaps I will get better at it. I will just buy a bunch and give her unicorn girl when I get it.

For the unicorn the easiest way to find her is to shake the bag, then hold it by one corner and feel the bottom edge for her horn. She's the only CMF with that shape this series. Lots of helmets to get confused by but the horn is the telltale sign you found the unicorn.

3N16MA

Banned
That deal will probably go down in history as the luckiest buy of my life. I think narrowly escaping death when I launched off a cliff while ATVing is the only luckier thing I've had happen to me.

For the unicorn the easiest way to find her is to shake the bag, then hold it by one corner and feel the bottom edge for her horn. She's the only CMF with that shape this series. Lots of helmets to get confused by but the horn is the telltale sign you found the unicorn.

Thanks. I wasn't shaking the bags which was most likely my problem. I was feeling for her helmet that some other guide said to feel for but like you said there are lots of helmets.

Use the force.
The "helmet" is pretty large. If you feel around it, you'll find the mane (which feels like a fin). So if you feel something like a helmet feel for something flat sticking out of it that you can pinch between two fingers.
The tail is also flexible. The cobra can be mistaken for it, but you can tell it's not the unicorn because of the turban and the stick (flute).
Another tell is the horn which is a tiny and if you shake the bag, you can isolate it.
It takes practice.

Unicorn is hard to find because there are only 3 per box and a lot of people are seeking it, so even if a box is almost full someone may have snatched them already. Only guarantee is if the box was sealed.

3N16MA

Banned
Use the force.
The "helmet" is pretty large. If you feel around it, you'll find the mane (which feels like a fin). So if you feel something like a helmet feel for something flat sticking out of it that you can pinch between two fingers.
The tail is also flexible. The cobra can be mistaken for it, but you can tell it's not the unicorn because of the turban and the stick (flute).
Another tell is the horn which is a tiny and if you shake the bag, you can isolate it.
It takes practice.

Unicorn is hard to find because there are only 3 per box and a lot of people are seeking it, so even if a box is almost full someone may have snatched them already. Only guarantee is if the box was sealed.

I felt a bag exactly like that and did not pick it up as I thought it wouldn't be the unicorn. I will use your advice along with WordAssassin next time.

I did notice that hot dog man was nowhere in these boxes despite lots of bags.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom