• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Magnificent. This will probably be my one big set regret.
Aside from the figures and stickers, I don't think there is much rare in this set. Looking at Brickset, there are no truly unique pieces outside the figures. So if you don't care about stickers you could brick link it. The problem is the sheer bulk of some pieces you need, which will be expensive.

neonglow

I felt a bag exactly like that and did not pick it up as I thought it wouldn't be the unicorn. I will use your advice along with WordAssassin next time.

I did notice that hot dog man was nowhere in these boxes despite lots of bags.

I swear the Hot Dog guy is like the hardest minifigure to find in the wild besides Mr. Gold.

Things that make finding him tough:
  • There's only 3 in a box
  • The hot dog shape is very easy to feel for
  • He's a popular minifigure

Fowler

Aside from the figures and stickers, I don't think there is much rare in this set. Looking at Brickset, there are no truly unique pieces outside the figures. So if you don't care about stickers you could brick link it. The problem is the sheer bulk of some pieces you need, which will be expensive.

Honestly also, it's the convenience factor of getting it all in one place and knowing you don't have any missing pieces.

What makes it worse is that my EXTRAORDINARILY LOADED friend bought it... and built it in the most shoddy way possible. Loose pieces everywhere, one half of the ship higher than the other half, and... he left a dollar bill inside by "mistake", so you can see if from some angles. Drives me crazy.

Fowler

I swear the Hot Dog guy is like the hardest minifigure to find in the wild besides Mr. Gold.

Things that make finding him tough:
  • There's only 3 in a box
  • The hot dog shape is very easy to feel for
  • He's a popular minifigure

Hot Dog Guy is crazy expensive at the minifig shops here in Hong Kong.

Blind bags of CMFs sell for under US$4. Common and boring CMFs will go for less than that (carpenter is $2.50), interesting ones usually more, but not significantly so -- $6-8 for a recent but good and rare CMF.

Hot Dog Guy is $17.

Ironmask

Yesterday i finally completed my Ribba frame and put all the super heroes minifigs inside (just need a themed background paper). I just want to say to everybody that is a really easy to do thing, with just a little measurement needed and a small amount of money for wood and paint you get a really awesome looking display.

ajbzNCf.jpg

robochimp

Magnificent. This will probably be my one big set regret.

It was my one regret too, but with a second kid on the way as it went OOP and out of stock I just couldn't justify it. I'll gladly wait however long it takes before we get a version that incorporates the new microfigures.(fingers crossed)

I bet Wall-E will look great alongside the Mars Rover. And that police box would be great in a modular city even if I'm not too much of a Doctor Who fan. The new flesh faces won't hurt either.

Experien

Wait, why is Avengers Helicarrier and Jurassic Park being considered for future products? Sure Park and World are different but Helicarrier comes out soon.

Zerojul

Wait, why is Avengers Helicarrier and Jurassic Park being considered for future products? Sure Park and World are different but Helicarrier comes out soon.
I guess because they "contractually" said they would review it, but I don't think there's any chance any of those makes it.

Also, on a somewhat related note, X-Mansion, GB HQ, Invisible Hand and Wayne Manor are out. Though it's no surprise to anyone I can't help but feel a bit disappointed :/

Still, stoked for WALL-E :)

Woorloog

Banned
I find it interesting none of the selected Cuusoo/Ideas sets are very big.

I am thinking that the Piano and F7A Hornet (and perhaps that JP set) have the best chance of getting through, based on the size.
I reckon Lego won't be willing to license the Hornet, given that Star Citizen is a mature, militaristic game (even though it is scifi), and Lego already has various space sets.
I think the Piano has the best chance overall to be chosen.

OTOH, that Labyrinth is a wild card. It is bigger than previous Cuusoo sets but it is also relatively simple, while having a lot of play options, and looks neat. Seemingly has a lot of the qualities Lego looks for.

It is interesting to note what kind of things people submit to Ideas. And so many have no chance at all getting chosen: Too big, complex and/or niche. Or too simple and badly presented. Or sets based on existing series, like Star Wars.

Very happy at the Doctor Who news. We all knew it was coming based on their comments in the last Ideas video. I am just glad we don't have to wait too terribly long.
I hope it is like Minecraft in that it is such a huge seller that they decide to do an entire line around the property.

I guess because they "contractually" said they would review it, but I don't think there's any chance any of those makes it.

Also, on a somewhat related note, X-Mansion, GB HQ, Invisible Hand and Wayne Manor are out. Though it's no surprise to anyone I can't help but feel a bit disappointed :/

Still, stoked for WALL-E :)

I hope this doesn't mean that the UCS AT-AT is out too, but I guess it seems that way as well. Sigh.

Ponn

Banned
Didn't they hold back the Dr. Who set from last round? And thats not the first time they did that, also with the Research Institute. It's their program they can do what they want but it's clear they are "fixing" the rounds with what they want to release and to avoid making bigger sets.

Fowler

Oh man, stoked for WALL-E for me and Doctor Who for my girlfriend!

Also, not that sad about Wayne Manor, UCS AT-AT, Lightsabers or the X-Mansion not making it; those sets belong to popular lines so it's not hard to imagine those will make it as future LEGO sets, if not as those specific models. A bit sad about the Ghostbusters Fire Brigade, but not massively so because I never really expected that one to make it.

Shocked they're not making the Hubble, though. That had LEGO Ideas written all over it.

PS: Anyone spot any new sets in the shots of LEGO Offices?

Fowler

Didn't they hold back the Dr. Who set from last round? And thats not the first time they did that, also with the Research Institute. It's their program they can do what they want but it's clear they are "fixing" the rounds with what they want to release and to avoid making bigger sets.

In fairness, with Doctor Who it's pretty easy to imagine that licensing issues might have held them up. Not saying that's what actually happened, but it wouldn't surprise me if that were true in this case.

Toxi

Banned
That video for the TARDIS is awesome. I love how it transforms into the wall of the interior. Man, so happy to see a LEGO Doctor Who set finally exist.

Bit sad the Hubble didn't make it though.

Yesterday i finally completed my Ribba frame and put all the super heroes minifigs inside (just need a themed background paper). I just want to say to everybody that is a really easy to do thing, with just a little measurement needed and a small amount of money for wood and paint you get a really awesome looking display.

ajbzNCf.jpg

That is definitely a nice display. The OCD in me can't help but notice Doc Ock having trouble fitting in with his tentacles. Also, it looks like Hulk isn't happy being squished next to Green Goblin. Hulk looks like he's about to smash out.

New LEGO Ideas has been posted! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SblCKsE3F9c

Winner: Wall-E

1781843-wall-e-watermark.png

Also: LEGO DOCTOR WHO!!!!!

1781839-doctor-who-watermark.png

Details here: https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/1-blog/post/26

VERY, VERY, VERY HAPPY Doctor Who made it. Now the question is which Doctor Who are they going to make? There was a rumor floating around it would have all the doctors, but that would make it very expensive.

Also very happy Wall-E made it. As happy as I am the last couple sets were original IP, I can't get enough of these well known IPs that wouldn't get made otherwise.

Terrific!

What did you use for shelves? All my figs are in plastic shoeboxes in a closet and this would be a nice way to display it.

I wonder what the chances of the LEGO Ideas Helicarrier getting made for the next review.

I'm joking of course. It's obvious it won't get made since LEGO already had plans for it.

I'd love for the Jurassic Park one to be made for the awesome brickbuilt T-Rex. It's more retro and brick built so actually doesn't conflict too much with Jurassic World theme I don't think most of the others will be made due to size. Piano would be a nice small set for $15 ish.

I don't know much about older Star Wars sets, but is that a previous Tie Fighter in that shelf full of UCS Star Wars models.

Here, next to AT-ST

I paused the video at the same spot!

I'm thinking it's the UCS TIE that's coming out soon. It's comparable in size to the UCS Snowspeeder above it. That's my thinking but I don't have the previous TIE set to know how big it is.

Toxi

Banned
VERY, VERY, VERY HAPPY Doctor Who made it. Now the question is which Doctor Who are they going to make? There was a rumor floating around it would have all the doctors, but that would make it very expensive.
The Ideas page suggested both new and old series characters, with the Fourth Doctor (Tom Baker) and Sarah Jane Smith to represent old Doctor Who. For new Doctor Who, he suggested either the Tenth Doctor (David Tenant) and Rose Tyler or the Twelfth Doctor (Patrick Capaldi) and Clara Oswald.

I'd be happy with either of those sets of new series characters, though Donna Noble>>>>>>Rose Tyler as a Tenth Doctor companion.

3N16MA

Banned
I'm happy about the Wall-E set and while I don't watch Doctor Who I know it has lots of fans (even my mom watches it).

Sad to see some of those other sets not make it but the piece count and LEGO already having the license probably made it more difficult.

What are the chances of Flying Dutchman being made?

ghostmind

Personally I'm lukewarm about these Ideas announcements. As it was with Big Bang Theory, I'm not a regular watcher of Doctor Who, except for the 9th doctor series.

WALL-E could be a fun build though.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
LEGO Doctor Who makes me sad because they will never include all the minifigs that they should. All 13 Doctors should be included, and that will never happen.

LEGO Doctor Who makes me sad because they will never include all the minifigs that they should. All 13 Doctors should be included, and that will never happen.
You never know, the rumors from a couple days ago said they were gonna do all 13 Doctors and the tweet from BBC does say "sets" so... *crosses fingers*

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So, I got a new polybag set, and I want to give it a shout out.

91uguyBHTLL._SL1500_.jpg

Probably my favorite polybag ever. I can get rid of the big quinjet without regrets now. I love this little thing.

You never know, the rumors from a couple days ago said they were gonna do all 13 Doctors and the tweet from BBC does say "sets" so... *crosses fingers*

I will hope then.

ghostmind

Pratt is now tied with Alfred Molina and Liam Neeson for the second most LEGO Minifigs for a character with 3.

I actually hope no one ever tops Warwick Davis' 4.

If Pratt takes over the Indiana Jones role, as rumored, then that will be 4 for him.

Then he just needs to be in a Star Wars movie...

Wild guess, but maybe LEGO will make something like 4 versions with the TARDIS. Each set will contain 3-4 Doctor incarnations with some companions. No inside of TARDIS will be included.

Or, maybe LEGO will make the LEGO Ideas set with 1 Doctor incarnation and companion. Later, LEGO will have a Doctor Who theme.

If Pratt takes over the Indiana Jones role, as rumored, then that will be 4 for him.

Then he just needs to be in a Star Wars movie...

I would love for new Indy minifigs. Hopefully the outfit will be the same or nearly identical.
I don't count Emmet because the minifig isn't based on Pratt's appearance.

EDIT: OK, since there are a few with Warwick in costume/makeup I'll accept Emmet.

I couldn't care less about Doctor Who, but I'm glad fans of the show are getting their chance to get it in Lego form.

Wall-E is a great pick and I'd be tempted to buy it for the wife.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom