• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Atamaii Ultra Agents photos (finally a closer look at AntiMatter's base):

http://youtu.be/HHGNrZu_z9w

NY TF is just over a week away!

Ultra Agents theme is great! If you like Super Hero theme, Ultra Agents fits right in. It's basically what a SHIELD theme would look like IMO.

The bad guy minifigs steal the show though. I want them all. Some of the agent minifigs are cool too (like the one with the white helmet and visor), but the bad guys are where it's at.

The Ultra Agent boat HQ is so badass.

There's bad guy with a brain in a dome! I never saw that minifig.
http://youtu.be/HHGNrZu_z9w?t=2m7s
I think "Mars Attacks" when I see that.

I still need Onua to complete the Toa. My local Target didn't seem to receive any.

I just got Kopaka... And I really like him. Kopaka and Tahu were always my least favorites of the original six, but their new forms won me over. I love having Kopaka charging forward with the spear while holding up the shield.

After I finally get Onua, I might get another Lord of Skull Spiders just for the parts.

Missed this post somehow...

Yeah, I was not a huge Kopaka or Tahu fan, but I really love them this time around.

Onua was always my favorite, with Pohatu in second... Now I'd say I like Pohatu more than Onua, but Tahu is really close to being my fave now.

Oddly I split up the two groups: Earth Element Based (Onua, Tahu, and Pohatu) and Weather Element Based (Lewa, Gali, and Kopaka)

it makes sense in my head.

Also, I was wondering why there were only 5 villians in the next wave, but if you include the lord of skull spiders that makes a total of 6 baddies to pair against the 6 toa.

Toxi

Banned
Oddly I split up the two groups: Earth Element Based (Onua, Tahu, and Pohatu) and Weather Element Based (Lewa, Gali, and Kopaka)

it makes sense in my head.
Makes sense. Those were the groups for the original Toa combiner models Akamai and Wairuha.

250px-Akamai.PNG
250px-Wairuha.PNG

Makes sense. Those were the groups for the original Toa combiner models Akamai and Wairuha.

250px-Akamai.PNG
250px-Wairuha.PNG

Forgot about those guys.

Also keep thinking back to Mata Nui Online Game... such a great adventure game, primarily for the atmosphere and tone.

This time around though Lewa is 'jungle' based so he's closer to an earth element instead of weather.

I forgot that. I don't know if I like Air or Jungle better, but I think they are both strong elements.

Javaman

Anyone have experience taking a toddler to a Legoland Discovery Center?
We'll be visiting some friends in Chicago soon and were thinking of taking the 3-1/2 year old to Legoland Chicago. I've never been to it. I know there's a Duplo Village part of it, but I'm wondering if most of the attractions would be lost on her at this age? She loves her Duplo blocks, but still struggles with the Juniors Lego stuff.

Be ready to flip the glasses upside down if the 4d movie doesn't look right. The Legoland in Atlanta GA had their polarity backwards and it looked like crap till I did just that. They had hundreds of people maybe tens of thousands of people over the months viewing it a terrible way. I've got no idea how long it was like that and why noone seemed to notice. I sent them a detailed email about it and what to check and the manager sent me a couple ($10 off?) discount tickets. :eek:P

Very cool custom galactus maxifig on reddit (making of album)

99KyfiA.jpg

Oh, man. That is so cool.

Well, hello. I need to hunt that down when it hits. But I think the previous Quinjet poly looked better just going from the pic.

And tonight, finally finished off the rebuild of the SSD.

Last night before bed.

Tonight before bed.

And to put the UCS sets I still have assembled in one place for a few moments. Whenever I rebuild the others still boxed up I will try and get a big group photo.

But nothing will compare to whomever that member was on here with the Star Wars room of doom. Doom's Star Wars room. I am sure many of you remember it, I just feel bad for forgetting the member's name.

Jimbro72

Yeah, I think that was him. All those UCS sets... my god.

Yep, that was probably me. I should take some new shots of my slightly changed display as the X-wing, B-Wing and Sandcrawler have all been built and on display now. I still haven't bought the Slave I yet nor have I put together the SSD or Ewok Village, among many others, from my ever expanding backlog but I'm slowly working on that.

I didn't know the manual was spiral-bound. I really regret not buying that.

As is the Death Stars, which i just unsealed.... and HOLY SHIT the amount of bricks in this is obscene!!! There's 4 boxes all of which can easily rival most big sets out there, ugh this is gonna take me weeks at my current pace ;(

I went to the supermarket and they had 25% off Star Wars, City, Friends and Duplo. I was going to buy some Duplo for a friend's baby so I did that, and then I gambled on them counting Disney Princess as Friends. They didn't :/. Anyway, also got the new blue Ninjago polybag. Kind of weird to see them out before the actual sets.

3N16MA

Banned
For Canadians, TRU has a bunch of Star Wars, City, and Chima sets 20% off. You can stack this coupon from RFD for another $10 off $40. Better deal than Targets liquidation.

Some Star Wars deals:

4 micorfighters - $31.48 before tax
Snowspeeder and 1 microfighter - $32.34 before tax
AT-AT - $93.97 before tax (best deal outside of the Walmart clearance that has ended)
The Ghost - $77.97 before tax
B-Wing - $37.97 before tax

As is the Death Stars, which i just unsealed.... and HOLY SHIT the amount of bricks in this is obscene!!! There's 4 boxes all of which can easily rival most big sets out there, ugh this is gonna take me weeks at my current pace ;(

Nice! I haven't even taken the Death Star out of the big cardboard box yet.

For Canadians, TRU has a bunch of Star Wars, City, and Chima sets 20% off. You can stack this coupon from RFD for another $10 off $40. Better deal than Targets liquidation.

Some Star Wars deals:

4 micorfighters - $31.48 before tax
Snowspeeder and 1 microfighter - $32.34 before tax
AT-AT - $93.97 before tax (best deal outside of the Walmart clearance that has ended)
The Ghost - $77.97 before tax
B-Wing - $37.97 before tax

Thanks for posting this. I'll definitely get the Snowspeeder. They don't do free shipping do they?

3N16MA

Banned
Nice! I haven't even taken the Death Star out of the big cardboard box yet.

Thanks for posting this. I'll definitely get the Snowspeeder. They don't do free shipping do they?

Free shipping at $25 or more. Make sure to add a microfighter or another item to hit $40 before tax so you can use the coupon code.

Perhaps I'm cheap but I was looking at that Lego mini modular set (Bike shop and something else) and it seemed just a bit too small for 90 bucks. I was willing to pull the trigger but I saw a built model in store and I was like eehhhhhh. Wanted the Tie Fighter but they can't keep it in stock, alas.

Perhaps I'm cheap but I was looking at that Lego mini modular set (Bike shop and something else) and it seemed just a bit too small for 90 bucks. I was willing to pull the trigger but I saw a built model in store and I was like eehhhhhh. Wanted the Tie Fighter but they can't keep it in stock, alas.
Yeah I've always felt the same way. Pizzeria is a better value IMO plus you get a tiny WALL-E in the toy shop half.

ghostmind

The Gozanti has minifigs inside, right? Like that non-UCS Star Destroyer or Venator sets?

Yes, I believe it is the same.

And it comes with some great minifigs for Rebels fans: Agent Kallus (with hair), Imperial Officer, 2x TIE pilots, Astromech (with transparent dome), and Sabine Wren (with her Mandalorian helmet).

3N16MA

Banned

And it comes with some great minifigs for Rebels fans: Agent Kallus (with hair), Imperial Officer, 2x TIE pilots, Astromech (with transparent dome), and Sabine Wren (with her Mandalorian helmet).

Of course that MF wasn't in a previous Rebels set. LEGO knows how to suck you in.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Anybody in here with the large Batman Tumbler experience? Is it a good set?

I almost bought it today but went for the Parisian Restaurant instead. I still have the money for the Tumbler but wanted to make sure it was a good build experience before I went ahead with it.

I knew it would manifest in an expensive set. Ship looks great!

Edit: Ha. Beaten by 3N16MA.

ghostmind

According to my handy Rebels guide, the Gozanti-class has roughly the same dimensions as the Ghost, except that it is longer.

So the LEGO models should be close to the correct scale to each other (although the minifigs are not in correct scale to the ships).

So I just marathoned R2-D2, while watching half of Empire and all of Jedi, plus a few hours of Totalbiscuit Terraria nonsense. Now my fingers hurt.

A pretty good build overall except for the last stretch with the dome. I love how you quite literally build him from the ground up. It's also impressive how sturdy everything is, considering it's mostly just held in place by Technic beams and pegs.

Is he supposed to be able to lean back? Because the third leg doesn't really lock, except just barely in the raised position, so I can't put any weight on it.

Either way, this is a pretty neat collectible. I'm certainly keeping him for now, although since he doesn't really fit with anything else, he will probably not stay around forever.

So I just marathoned R2-D2, while watching half of Empire and all of Jedi, plus a few hours of Totalbiscuit Terraria nonsense. Now my fingers hurt.

A pretty good build overall except for the last stretch with the dome. I love how you quite literally build him from the ground up. It's also impressive how sturdy everything is, considering it's mostly just held in place by Technic beams and pegs.

Is he supposed to be able to lean back? Because the third leg doesn't really lock, except just barely in the raised position, so I can't put any weight on it.

Either way, this is a pretty neat collectible. I'm certainly keeping him for now, although since he doesn't really fit with anything else, he will probably not stay around forever.
The leg should lock if you lock the back lever again.

As for where to put him, I find he fits perfectly on top of a speaker.

Ryuuroden

Btw, don't worry, it's just Ship Woman month, after February ends, Benny is coming back. Benny will always be my mascot. At least I hope he is.

ghostmind

Chris Miller and Phil Lord talked a bit more about the LEGO Movie 2 (spoilers):

They mentioned that the sequel will be four years after the events of the first movie and will “focus on Emmet and his sister in a ‘weird, dystopian version of Bricksburg.'”

Chris Miller and Phil Lord talked a bit more about the LEGO Movie 2 (spoilers):

They mentioned that the sequel will be four years after the events of the first movie and will “focus on Emmet and his sister in a ‘weird, dystopian version of Bricksburg.'”
I want a sequel to be them going to a convention and the Bricksburg world is some weird hybrid of all the MOCs of the attendees and chaos ensues. And there is some Technic monster or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom