• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravek

Banned
My girlfriend suprised me with The Tumbler today!!!

I love it. Always loved The Tumbler from the movies. And to TLG, "Ya didn't disappoint." In LEGO form, its just too great.

Immediately upon opening the box and dumping the contents out, you know it's going tobe massive. The tires...soooooo good.

The build was pretty straight forward. Nothing too difficult aside from the rear wheels and aligning the peg pieces.
that bullshit was ridiculous
Those who have it know what I am referring too.

I don't feel its as fragile as some have made it out to be. Yes the top layer is barely connected, but it's nothing all of five seconds can't fix if the "wings" pop off.

My only true grievance with the set is what everyone else has (rightfully) complained about: the stickers. WHY NOT JUST PRINT THEM?!

Additionally, I feel as if Lucius Fox should have had his own minifig. I mean, he did design it.

Overall, I love the set. For those who aren't fans of the Tumbler/Batman, this would also qualify as an AMAZING parts set.

16467390601_ad97128a25_k.jpg

Don't mind the clutter and crappy picture quality

Rootbeer

Banned
Iron Man vs Ultron - ready to ship from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Superheroes-Iron-Man-Ultron/dp/B00NHQFMMU

Attack on Avengers Tower was available, but ran out of stock before I could hit "buy".

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Superheroes-Attack-Avengers-Tower/dp/B00NHQFIRE

Amazon also has the new Pirates, Ultra Agents, Ninjago and Elves sets available. Some are going out of stock QUICKLY.

NOOOOOOOOOOO i missed out on some of them already sold out! wow these went in stock out of left field, I thought we'd be waiting longer

well, i ordered iron man vs ultron, maybe i can score another couple sets. the rest i'll wait for LEGO stores.

I'd love to get the hulkbuster or quinjet tonight... please go in stock!

There will he an overflowing of those Ultron minifigs. That's 3 of those Ultron guys in a cheap set. Reusability may be hard for those because they look like they are pearl grey; otherwise they would make nice generic robot figs if could change head.

:(

I thought a giant Rhino truck would be cool....

It does look cool. I just don't have a need for a Rhino looking vehicle.

About two hours into rebuilding the UCS B-Wing. Think it is time to stop for the night. I forgot just how cool this one was as it goes together.

mrkgoo

The Rhino truck was one of only a few sets (the others being the Gorilla Mech and the Ice Mammoth) that had me almost buying Chima, so I would agree that it's a cool looking set.

There will he an overflowing of those Ultron minifigs. That's 3 of those Ultron guys in a cheap set. Reusability may be hard for those because they look like they are pearl grey; otherwise they would make nice generic robot figs if could change head.

It does look cool. I just don't have a need for a Rhino looking vehicle.

I cracked it open and built it... It's not that great unfortunately. It looks kinda cool but is so hollow. The flat form seems kind of pointless.

The catapult is kinda neat but ultimately not that satisfying. Strangely enough the part I thought I wouldn't like, the minifigs, are actually pretty neat.

I'm glad ingot not on clearance for half price than full retail at $60. It looked so neat when it first came out too.

Vargas

I am building the AT-DP and I am having problems with the leg, I cannot get it to connect to the head and I think I have a piece missing since I wanted to build the other leg just to see if I messed up.

Dat backlog. Dat unfinished Dolphin Cruiser.

My daughter's building the dolphin cruiser. She's been busy watching My Little Pony on Netflix so I decided to push it to the side. =)

That's actually a partial shot of the stuff I've pulled out of my backlog to sell. I need to sell a bunch of sets as I'm running out of space and have been buying prop replicas lately. I just picked up an eFX Captain America Shield last night. My actual backlog is in my storage room...lots of good stuff there. =)

Damn, Elves and Pirates already? I was budgeting those for March and April, I'm kind of low on Lego spending cash after R2-D2 and some other stuff. I'm in no real hurry, but I guess I'll make an order in time for my birthday.

Part of the reason why my budget is stretched is this:

3oMBZKv.jpg

This is not a crazy private collection (well, it's that too), it's a shop in Stockholm. It's called Model Team and it has sets from pretty much all eras, going back to the 50's and 60's. Legoland miniscale buildings, Homemaker, Classic City, Space and Castle, as well as random stuff along the ages. That's just one corner of the store; there's another packed with old stuff, another with mostly new sets and one wall with minifig collector boxes stacked in shelves, all full of course. And in a separate room, two walls of spare parts.

He prices the stuff according to Bricklink prices so many sought-after sets tend to go crazy, but you can be sure to find some really obscure items. I'm assuming he buys collections in bulk and puts them together.

Since it's a part-time shop, it's a little tricky to get to, and it's also at the edge of the subway system so you can't just stop by while in the central city. But if you ever go to Stockholm, it's well worth a visit just for the sheer awesomeness of seeing all this stuff.

I was over budget as it was, but I grabbed Stardefender 200, a spare black Futuron and the awesome original Ninjago Nya figure.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Oh wait, Lisa has her room. It's Maggie - her room is gone and instead is shared with Homer and Marge, weird. Also I thought Homer and Marge's room has its own bathroom.

Is this the place you've talked about before? It looks amazing.

Ask if you can take a bunch of close-up pics next time you're in!

I think I mentioned it last week. It's not the shop I frequent when I'm visiting my parents.

I took a few crappy phone shots. I'm definitely going back the next time work permits, and bringing a better camera that time.

kitzkozan

Oh my gossshhhhhhh!!!!

Yes an updated version of that, that's absolutely what they should have done.

Dang I really hit the nail on the head with that one, I wonder if I saw it before and forgot.

Yup, I would love to see a new version of this train to complete my winter village. I actually bought the Lone Ranger confederation train 2 weeks ago for a great price (in Canada, 50 instead of the msrp of 130$). It's not fit as it is for the WV theme, but I've got train tracks and everything to get started (specific train pieces).

I'm also tempted to dabble into the Star Wars Lego universe, even if I'm aware of the potential money pit that it is lol. I'm really curious to see that rumored UCS Hoth base which would be a huge draw for me. It would tie-in perfectly with this month exclusive Hoth Solo minifig that Lego is offering with the calendar coupon. I can also purchase the Snowspeeder for a very good price, so it's a perfect storm of opportunities lol.

The only problem is that since I'm an OCD type, I would want to get at least one AT-AT and the battle of Hoth set to flesh it out and the obsessiveness could lead me to buy a MF if there's enough space to dock it in there. XD

Part of the reason why my budget is stretched is this:

This is not a crazy private collection (well, it's that too), it's a shop in Stockholm. It's called Model Team and it has sets from pretty much all eras, going back to the 50's and 60's. Legoland miniscale buildings, Homemaker, Classic City, Space and Castle, as well as random stuff along the ages. That's just one corner of the store; there's another packed with old stuff, another with mostly new sets and one wall with minifig collector boxes stacked in shelves, all full of course. And in a separate room, two walls of spare parts.

He prices the stuff according to Bricklink prices so many sought-after sets tend to go crazy, but you can be sure to find some really obscure items. I'm assuming he buys collections in bulk and puts them together.

Since it's a part-time shop, it's a little tricky to get to, and it's also at the edge of the subway system so you can't just stop by while in the central city. But if you ever go to Stockholm, it's well worth a visit just for the sheer awesomeness of seeing all this stuff.

I have to say I love seeing stores like this and I would kill to find something like that where I would live. It would be a wallet killer for sure but I can't resist old Lego sets at times...><

Yup, I would love to see a new version of this train to complete my winter village. I actually bought the Lone Ranger confederation train 2 weeks ago for a great price (in Canada, 50 instead of the msrp of 130$). It's not fit as it is for the WV theme, but I've got train tracks and everything to get started (specific train pieces).

WHERE?

My local TRU had three left and I scanned that price weekly to see if it would ever drop...last week I saw the last one walk out the door at full price and my dreams were shattered.

Ponn

Banned
The Avengers Tower was showing out of stock last night then briefly popped back available but in stock on the 15th so got one preordered. Not sure how long it was available but its showing not available right now. I know I want to get at least one so I figured i'd get one now and then wait for a really good sale later to get a second one and make a bigger tower.

ghostmind

The Avengers Tower was showing out of stock last night then briefly popped back available but in stock on the 15th so got one preordered. Not sure how long it was available but its showing not available right now. I know I want to get at least one so I figured i'd get one now and then wait for a really good sale later to get a second one and make a bigger tower.

Glad someone here got one - I'm thinking that these are going to be March sets (though maybe not March 1st), instead of April, as Amazon wouldn't have them this early otherwise. Hopefully the LEGO Store/S@H launch coincides with 2x VIP.

h2k5H9m.jpg
lS9q5r7.jpg

For this third pic, Luiggi added an Ultron drone helmet to the Ultron Prime minifig. I'm thinking it looks a lot better, and would be even better if they used either a solid-red or trans-red headpiece underneath to get rid of the circular pupils (even though I know Ultron in the AoU movie has circular pupils for at least one of his forms).

HEQTe1X.jpg

My quick and dirty edit:

TvB141G.jpg

Thats awesome how those ultron head parts line up perfectly. I think alot of people on't know to do that sadly.

I do want that cheap Ultron set as I like alot of the parts the minifig ultron drones have. Good for minifig MOCing.

I still need to grab some TMNT movie foot soldiers as they are good for army building.

I say all this and I have yet to Bricklink... Maybe soon. I want to pick up Minifig parts primarily.

Any tips for someone starting? I know it's best to order as much as possible form a single source (ie. who has most of what you want for a good price) as it cuts down on shipping costs.

Oh, you magnificent beast.

The back of the cockpit is still annoying as hell to put together and fragile, but the end results look so good. It is a shame that this set bombed, because it is one of the coolest and cleanest looking UCS sets. The mirror building to it and modular construction as it goes together is what helps make it look so clean.

It was one of my favorite ships from the original trilogy, and I am thankful that I snagged this set before it disappeared. It is too bad it didn't last longer.

The gang in one place. I don't feel like going upstairs for the Super Star Destroyer right now, but will soon get them all lined up.
I am thinking of rearranging the guest bedroom to allow the SSD to be in there, ominously keeping people in line.

Now I just need to rebuild the Imperial Shuttle. My very first UCS set, and still one of my favorites. A magnificent beast that is much larger than it appears.

Fowler

I think my favorite modular mod was the larger Grand Emporium. Did anyone do an expansion to Parisian Restaurant? I don't remember seeing one.

Saw a store here put a reversed Parisian Restaurant next to the original, so it looks like one huge building with a staircase on either end. I can't imagine how much it'd screw with your head to pull off a mirrored build.

I mirrored Medieval Market Village, it's not too hard. I just heard that some elements need to be slightly rearranged to work in reverse.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
It's a scary proposition to want 2x of any modular or large building sets. Is there a such thing as 2x more broke?

Think of it this way: That's twice as many to sell off once the prices skyrocket after it goes OOP. Haha

But you're right, that's a very, very scary road to go down... And where do you stop!? Why not buy 3 Detective's Offices? Or 4 and make a skyscraper!

Vargas

I had to break down an Iron Man set to find the missing piece that I needed for the ATDP. I just put the unassembeled bricks in a ziplock. How do you guys store your bricks when you disassemble them?

I had to break down an Iron Man set to find the missing piece that I needed for the ATDP. I just put the unassembeled bricks in a ziplock. How do you guys store your bricks when you disassemble them?

I put my organization method as well as some other LEGO GAFfers in the OP. But that is when we combine everything.

If I have a set that I dismantled and want to keep separate, I sort the bricks and then bag them to store them.

Ponn

Banned
Glad someone here got one - I'm thinking that these are going to be March sets (though maybe not March 1st), instead of April, as Amazon wouldn't have them this early otherwise. Hopefully the LEGO Store/S@H launch coincides with 2x VIP.

Heads up, its available again at Amazon shipping on feb. 15th.

Rootbeer

Banned
Iron Man vs Ultron is preparing for shipment!

At least I'll have a little taste of Age of Ultron early even if it's not one of the sets I really want :)

You mean like my Grand Emporium?

:)

I think I will do something like that link you posted with the detective office. I am a fan with how the Parisian Restaurant currently is though.

*Sniff* It is so beautiful. GE may be my favorite looking modular, even if it isn't the best build.

kr2t0s

Parisian Restaurant or Detective's office?

Trying to buy one for my wife's birthday. She already has Cafe Corner, Green Grocer, Pet Shop and probably something else I'm forgetting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom