• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Anyone going to BRICK 2014 in London next month? Curious but a bit tricky to get there and I don't really know what to expect.

Rootbeer

Banned
2018... no way I thought they'd previously announced it for a 2017 release. What a ridiculously long wait...

How is it they can get LEGO Batman movie out the door so fast but this one is so far off? Must be a scheduling thing. But wow...

Ponn

Banned
I'm having a pretty good day today, first in a long while. Woke up and put in my taco bell code and won a PS4. I guess i'm going to change my Lego Batman 3 preorder to a PS4 version now.

Think i'm going to build some green mixels today. Put the Wiztastics together yesterday, they are now my favorites probably until the glow in the dark tribe hits.

Krilekk

Banned
2018... no way I thought they'd previously announced it for a 2017 release. What a ridiculously long wait...

How is it they can get LEGO Batman movie out the door so fast but this one is so far off? Must be a scheduling thing. But wow...

Or that LEGO Batman movie was a complete fake since it originated from the same list that showed TLM2 for 2017.

ghostmind

There does seem to be some confusion regarding TLM2 release date - some sites are listing it as May 26, 2017, while others have it in 2018.

But then we have this, from the October 15th Warner bros press release:

As part of his presentation, Tsujihara announced a bold expansion of the industry’s broadest theatrical slate, built around the largest, most important global franchises. Warner Bros. Pictures will release three LEGO-branded films over the next four years, building upon the enormous success of this year’s “The LEGO Movie” ($468 million worldwide box office), starting with “Ninjago” in 2016, directed by Charlie Bean and produced by Dan Lin, Roy Lee, Phil Lord and Chris Miller. Batman will take a star turn in “The LEGO Batman Movie” in 2017, directed by Chris McKay, and the sequel, “The LEGO Movie 2,” will debut in 2018.

And there is an "Untitled WB animated movie" set for May 24, 2019 which I would bet is another LEGO-based movie. As I mentioned in another thread, I wonder if they are gearing up to film TLM2 and TLM3 back-to-back, which could address possible scheduling issues with the movie's cast (especially Pratt) and the lead time required to create and animate this LEGO world.

09/23/16 Ninjago Movie
05/26/17 Untitled LEGO Movie
05/25/18 Untitled LEGO Movie
05/24/19 Untitled WB Animated Movie (assuming this is also LEGO)

Anyone going to BRICK 2014 in London next month? Curious but a bit tricky to get there and I don't really know what to expect.

Yep, going with my wife I think on the Friday. Not sure what to expect either as it's the first Lego related Con I've been to but I think it should be fun regardless and if not I'll not go again. SOmple.

Makes it easier that I live in London so travel is simple.

Rootbeer

Banned
I'm having a pretty good day today, first in a long while. Woke up and put in my taco bell code and won a PS4. I guess i'm going to change my Lego Batman 3 preorder to a PS4 version now.

Think i'm going to build some green mixels today. Put the Wiztastics together yesterday, they are now my favorites probably until the glow in the dark tribe hits.
Awesome. I've tried 3 times and didn't win... a winner every 15 minutes is pretty dang good odds! Enjoy your PS4, if I'd won a second one I was going to give it a buddy of mine, still going to try a few more times to win one.
Or that LEGO Batman movie was a complete fake since it originated from the same list that showed TLM2 for 2017.
T__T Well I hope it isn't fake cause it's a great idea.

Oh and saw this on 4chan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtalPWb2CSY

I completed two full sets before they even hit Target (in yo face BricksOnTheDollar!) I guess I don't get what this guy is trying to get across with these videos. He has made several videos like this. It's not like the minifigs are hard to come by my local TRU literally has 5 boxes up at the registers, but Target does (did) have them pretty cheap... this guy bought insane amounts of them though.

Oh, in another video he bought 5 dropships and 5 benny's spaceship. I guess reselling pays big. Not sure if he is a bricklinker or what. (and yes he specifically talks about selling in his videos)

Pretty sure The Lego Movie 2 got bumped in favour of the Batman Lego movie and a Bionicles movie. Could be wrong. It might just have been the Ninjago movie.

ghostmind

Oh and saw this on 4chan

<video removed>

I completed two full sets before they even hit Target (in yo face BricksOnTheDollar!) I guess I don't get what this guy is trying to get across with these videos. He has made several videos like this. It's not like the minifigs are hard to come by my local TRU literally has 5 boxes up at the registers, but Target does (did) have them pretty cheap... this guy bought insane amounts of them though.

Oh, in another video he bought 5 dropships and 5 benny's spaceship. I guess reselling pays big. Not sure if he is a bricklinker or what. (and yes he specifically talks about selling in his videos)

Ugh, please get that out of here. This dude may think he is some sort of Robin Hood, scooping up all the sets for his Bricklink store and his LUG buddies, but in reality he is just another scummy reseller.

Seriously, don't give these people your business, or channel/site clicks.

Ponn

Banned
Awesome. I've tried 3 times and didn't win... a winner every 15 minutes is pretty dang good odds! Enjoy your PS4, if I'd won a second one I was going to give it a buddy of mine, still going to try a few more times to win one.

I just woke up first thing this morning and something told me put my code in now so I did. i've been so use to bad shit happening the last months i didn't believe it all and thought i was being scammed or trolled at first. Thursday my Vita got soaked in my bag and is unresponsive and broke so i was pretty down again.

I put the green tribe together today. They aren't as cool as the wiztastics but they are pretty awesome, especially for Halloween. I swear these Mixels just keep getting better and better each series.

I also carved my pumpkin as well

HztDGAp.jpg

ghostmind

Space Marines!

I should stop messing around in LDD, making stuff I'll never actually be able to have...

Stupid technology -- give us Lego 3D printers!

Love the unified Space Marines look you've got going there.

FYI - there is going to be a robot dog (P.U.P.) in one of the Ultra Agents 2015 sets that is similar to yours.

Love the unified Space Marines look you've got going there.

FYI - there is going to be a robot dog (P.U.P.) in one of the Ultra Agents 2015 sets that is similar to yours.

The robot dog is slightly modified K-9 unit from the last Space Police run, which I always thought looked really cool.

I should be able to build the Dog, Bike, small Exo-suit, and my Trike Rover by doing it in a classic-space color scheme but that might be a while, it'll cost about $100 for everything I need.

Space Marines!

I should stop messing around in LDD, making stuff I'll never actually be able to have...

Stupid technology -- give us Lego 3D printers!

Nice! Makes me want some of those parts in Space Marine blue like those wings.

I'm a hands on LEGO person and not sure if I have the patience or skill to make stuff via software like that.

Love everything about this.
Thanks. :D
Nice! Makes me want some of those parts in Space Marine blue like those wings.

I'm a hands on LEGO person and not sure if I have the patience or skill to make stuff via software like that.

It didn't take me too long to get used to it. The hardest part is its finickiness with larger models when it comes to placing pieces, sometimes they just do not go where you want them.

peely

Neo Member

Long time lurker (because I don't have the money to spend on this hobby and I see a lot of enablers in this thread :p), I'm hopefully going on the Thursday. Waiting for my boss to approve the time off, though I told his boss about it and he's now going on the Friday ;)

Long time lurker (because I don't have the money to spend on this hobby and I see a lot of enablers in this thread :p), I'm hopefully going on the Thursday. Waiting for my boss to approve the time off, though I told his boss about it and he's now going on the Friday ;)

Only LEGO enthusiasts here. We can't help it of our enthusiasm is infectious.
Run! Run as fast and far as you can before it's too late!

A friend of mine from when I was collecting Microman and Micronauts toys works at Firaxis (Civ: Beyond Earth) ask for support for his friend LEGO IDEA project base on Beyond Earth game if you find the set appealing I would appreciate to help support for the set. His friend made the set as a kit and gave them out to fellow workers at Firaxis, pretty neat.

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/83016

It's not the most elaborate set but I love the idea of my two hobbies together.

Dude hasn't grown up! That sh*t needs to be sorted.
LEGO all in one box was how it was for me when I was a kid. Granted, my LEGO box was many times smaller than that.

my-generation-.14.jpg

Ponn

Banned
No one watched the Lego Batman special on CN? It was kind of funny, some jokes in it. Was mostly a 30 min commercial for current sets and some teases for upcoming sets (Captain Cold, Black Manta, Bat-sub). Won't spoil the ending but a Fig i'm hoping gets made at some point.

Oh and Cyborg voiced by Teen Titan Cyborg is awesome.

No one watched the Lego Batman special on CN? It was kind of funny, some jokes in it. Was mostly a 30 min commercial for current sets and some teases for upcoming sets (Captain Cold, Black Manta, Bat-sub). Won't spoil the ending but a Fig i'm hoping gets made at some point.

Oh and Cyborg voiced by Teen Titan Cyborg is awesome.

Thanks for the slap in the face again LEGO! Where are the Teen Titans LEGO sets?!? The show is very popular now. In another year or two, the cartoon will probably be gone.

EDIT: It has Robin in it!!! That's one of the main criteria for DC Super Hero sets!

EDIT2: No new moulds would be needed for the minifigs!!!

Rootbeer

Banned
Happy days - my parrot won 1st prize in the Mixel competition! :D

http://brickset.com/article/12840/mixels-competition-winners
You've gotten quite a bit of mileage out of that build. :) That's really great man, enjoy the prize!
15236378280_1369a7bbc9.jpg

S68QVMgl.jpg

...please spare me my X-Wing!
Loving this ^__^ I've been working too much to build my Smaug >.>

Thankfully I can report: after 3 solid months of working every day I will return to my regular schedule starting Nov 1st. Whew! More time for games and LEGO. Long story... let's just say... when a company undergoes an entire change in management shit can get very trying if it's not handled properly. I sure as hell am better prepared for future events like this. As in: much less tolerant.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
If anyone is looking for some flagship Technic stuff, let me know. Got some expenses that just came up and need to part with the LEGO. PM me and we can discuss price. It'll be fair market value IMHO.

Unimog
42009 Crane
4x4 Crawler
Construction Crew

Deal available for all 4 of course. :)

rallaren

DmC5xI6.jpg

No stickers or string used in this. The build got some shine moments in the main vehicle but kind of a bland set. Sharks and metal head are pretty cool.
I look more forward to finish Arkhan Asylum.

Grats theface!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom