• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Argh. The Lonely Mountain set I didn't get has a new order at S@H, but it's backordered. So I might have to wait even longer for this. Meanwhile, I have to send back the faulty set, so ultimately I'll probably just end up with a really long wait for what I originally ordered.

Thinking of cancelling the order and asking them to refund me so I can pick it up locally, although I guess I'd lose all those VIP points.

Ponn

Banned
Happy days - my parrot won 1st prize in the Mixel competition! :D

http://brickset.com/article/12840/mixels-competition-winners

15236378280_1369a7bbc9.jpg

Congrats you deserve that win. That was an awesome MOC and i've been thinking about doing that with my wizwug.

So LegoGaf i'm having another one of my "am I being crazy moments" and i need semi-objective opinions. I had already resigned myself to skipping a PS4 purchase for BF and just playing Dragon Age and Mordor on my PS3 and also was getting KH2.5 as well. Then last week my Vita, my main console for me, got fried in an accident and I need to replace it. As I posted a couple days ago I actually won a PS4 in the Taco Bell contest. Now what i'm debating is selling the PS4 to get a replacement Vita and using the rest of the money for Brickfriday to replace Arkham Asylum and get something new like Lonely Mountain or maybe even Seacow.

So, am I cray cray or being reasonable? It would probably help to preface that i'm not into console gaming as much as i used to be thats why my Vita is my main console right now.

Rootbeer

Banned
Well guys

Retirement? We don't need no stinking retirement.

Assuming LEGO keeps the licenses... and they damn well better:

B1DeX16CMAE0apO.jpg:large

Source? That doesn't seem right.

From the Marvel Studios press conference that just happened.

Be still my heart!

twitter direct from the marvel live event! check the OT board for a bunch of threads on the matter.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=920650

WAIT so if Cap 3 is "civil war" then is it basically an Avengers 2.5? It's going to need way more than just cap and iron man in it

At the Q and A after, Feige confirmed that Black Panther plays a major role in Civil War, and will be in full costume.

ghostmind

From the Marvel Studios press conference that just happened.

Be still my heart!

At the Q and A after, Feige confirmed that Black Panther plays a major role in Civil War, and will be in full costume.

I had to sit down after reading the announcements... OH MY GOD!

The LEGO sets from this will be GLORIOUS!

Ponn

Banned
Thanos big fig with Infinity Gauntlet....unnnnhhh....need it. Better come with a broken cap shield accessory.

Rootbeer

Banned
Not to change the subject after Marvel, because I am definitely very excited about the future LEGO possibilities...

But I just talked with my local LEGO store, they still have no confirmation that the Minecraft minifigure scale sets are coming out soon, be it the 1st or 15th or any other date.

I was hoping Nov 1st was true, but if it were that soon I thought they may have heard something by now.

I just got out of the superhero Lego game. Back in I get pulled. Sorry to my wallet, my family and my social life.

It's legit. But Captain America is actually Civil War. That was just a troll on Marvel's part.

Ah, the Serpent Society threw me off then I became skeptical of Captain Marvel and a few others.

Supply > Demand for Exo suit at my LEGO store.

They got more Research Institutes and they were gone, but Exo-Suit shelf was full. Just one slot. I stopped in around lunch time. This is the 2nd week of no Series 12 CMF. Sucks I can't get a few more with double VIP points. I didn't think they would run out so quickly.

Krilekk

Banned
Not to change the subject after Marvel, because I am definitely very excited about the future LEGO possibilities...

But I just talked with my local LEGO store, they still have no confirmation that the Minecraft minifigure scale sets are coming out soon, be it the 1st or 15th or any other date.

I was hoping Nov 1st was true, but if it were that soon I thought they may have heard something by now.

TRU Germany lists them as Nov 1st. Amazon Germany is already selling them.

theaface

Congrats! Was this using just 1 Mixel or a combination of several?

Parts from all three of the Wiztastics Mixels, albeit there was obviously a lot of parts left over given that it's a relatively small build. Certainly enough spares to make something else if one were so inclined.

At TRU earlier today to pick up the last Bricktober set. I got another Star Wars set and pick up Batwing polybag however at check out the clerk told me it has street date. I am assuming it suppose to be bonus promotion coming up but some eager stock person put them out. (This is at the same TRU that sold off the entire stock of Robin cycle set week before the promotion). The guy sold it to me anyway after getting the manager override. I am not sure what they are doing with the left over Bricktober set, probably put them on the shelves since unlike the mini-figure set these doesn't have Not For Resale on them.

Rootbeer

Banned
Here we are salivating at the Ninjago brown ninja polybag and the Rocket red suit polybag and TRU throws us a goddamn batwing polybag that's been available for a long time at other retailers already... Thanks TRU.

And on top of that they wouldn't even sell it to you :p

If anyone is really interested in that batwing polybag just hop over to Target, they have them in the halloween section and they are not street dated.

Ponn

Banned
Here we are salivating at the Ninjago brown ninja polybag and the Rocket red suit polybag and TRU throws us a goddamn batwing polybag that's been available for a long time at other retailers already... Thanks TRU.

I'm starting to think the Rocket Raccoon polybag is a myth or legend. Like Sasquatch.

I'm starting to think the Rocket Raccoon polybag is a myth or legend. Like Sasquatch.

I really hope it comes to the UK but we don't seem to get retailer specific polybags.

Those marvel films announced yesterday has me hyped for the potential sets. I think I may even treat myself to the X-Men blackbird and the Rocket and groot Guardian's set to celebrate haha

I really hope it comes to the UK but we don't seem to get retailer specific polybags.

Those marvel films announced yesterday has me hyped for the potential sets. I think I may even treat myself to the X-Men blackbird and the Rocket and groot Guardian's set to celebrate haha

Why would you be excited about a Thanos big fig where you can swap his hand out for an infinity gauntlet hand? *drool*

peely

Neo Member
Supply > Demand for Exo suit at my LEGO store.

They got more Research Institutes and they were gone, but Exo-Suit shelf was full. Just one slot. I stopped in around lunch time. This is the 2nd week of no Series 12 CMF. Sucks I can't get a few more with double VIP points. I didn't think they would run out so quickly.

Same for me for exo-suits, nearly a full shelf when I (we*) went in today. Also 2 Sopwiths, the new Minecraft sets and horses on the pick a brick wall !

*My daughter not happy we didn't get her a duplo train or me a mini cooper or horizon express. Sadly we need to eat this month :p

Same for me for exo-suits, nearly a full shelf when I (we*) went in today. Also 2 Sopwiths, the new Minecraft sets and horses on the pick a brick wall !

*My daughter not happy we didn't get her a duplo train or me a mini cooper or horizon express. Sadly we need to eat this month :p

Your daughter's preference in theme is certainly varied!

peely

Neo Member
Your daughter's preference in theme is certainly varied!

Mini-cooper and Horizon Express is for the father. :) Question is who cried more after not getting LEGO.

Thanks, and her (3 year old) choice was the (big £100) Duplo train and the Mini Cooper. I was looking at the Horizon Express and she was disappointed that I wasn't going to get it. No tears though, just some pouting (from both of us !).

But this whole train thing might be my fault as

9QbQG7nl.jpg

led to

UKPgAULl.jpg

Thanks, and her (3 year old) choice was the (big £100) Duplo train and the Mini Cooper. I was looking at the Horizon Express and she was disappointed that I wasn't going to get it. No tears though, just some pouting (from both of us !).

But this whole train thing might be my fault as

9QbQG7nl.jpg

led to

UKPgAULl.jpg

Trains and LEGO. Two expensive hobbies separately. Together...

I'm still waiting for more pieces from S@H, but I got started on the front of my next modular. I wasn't going to have any decoration on the top part but realized that it looked extremely plain, so I brought out the SNOT skillbook. Lots of parts are obviously temporary, although I might keep some of the palisade bricks in there for texture.

Anyone recognize it?

AUWQhIq.jpg

Man, I'm addicted to making mobile zero frames, but I don't even play the game. Planning on ordering another haul of parts on bricklink to continue expanding my army.

Rootbeer

Banned
i'm thinking about hopping on the yoyo deal but... gosh, i'm already over LEGO budget for the month. :) It's a really cool deal though, and free shipping.

Also it is worth stressing the point you made that it only applies if you get three OR MORE sets... or more... as in... pile on as many sets as you want, all 20% off (for the sets that are participating), so it is potentially a very big savings.

now if only they did not collect sales tax in CA... then this would be fantastic.

ghostmind

Just received this in the post from my local LEGO store (in the UK). Certainly sounds interesting, and I've already RSVP'd confirming my attendance.

Anyone else got one of these?

Usually these are sent out to the top 25 spenders at each LEGO store. Either that or someone there really likes you.

I'm betting that the two new exclusives will be Slave I and the Detective Agency, so you'll get to see the new modular in person, right after it has been announced.

theaface

Usually these are sent out to the top 25 spenders at each LEGO store. Either that or someone there really likes you.

I'm betting that the two new exclusives will be Slave I and the Detective Agency, so you'll get to see the new modular in person, right after it has been announced.

I really would've thought I'm unlikely to fit that description, but if I do, I don't know whether to be proud or ashamed!

I was thinking the same thing about the detective agency - definitely one of the best reasons to go!

Just received this in the post from my local LEGO store (in the UK). Certainly sounds interesting, and I've already RSVP'd confirming my attendance.

Anyone else got one of these?

Wow. We'll done. Finger crossed I've got one waiting for me at home. Should I put off my Santa's Workshop purchase till then? Does anyone know if the exclusive Christmas set given out at these events are available after spending a certain amount?

I really would've thought I'm unlikely to fit that description, but if I do, I don't know whether to be proud or ashamed!

I was thinking the same thing about the detective agency - definitely one of the best reasons to go!

I got one last year and attended with a buddy & our kids. Each person got a scratch off card, both of ours ended up being "free keychain". We also got a free PAB box to fill, and obviously early access to other promos including the US Thanksgiving 2/2 holiday promo.

I suspect I won't get one this year as I've been way too busy to get to the store more than a handful of times and have been buying from S@H more frequently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom