• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuuroden

Nice LEGO room Ryuuroden!

Especially like the Star Wars vignettes you've set up - Hoth, Tatooine, etc.

I just picked up 2 of the Cantina sets so those will go in the Tatooine set when I custom it and I was planning on rebuilding the Hoth base with my own design but now with the rumored UCS set I have postponed that.

Ponn

Banned
yeah I know that feeling, I figured I can get away with just buying the 2 scooby doo sets to get the whole gang but I'd really love to get all of them, some great colours and pieces in all of them for MOCs

Those damn Scooby sets threw a major wrench in my plans for this year. I want all of them, they just look so fantastic and my head is going crazy with ideas for Halloween already. When I start listing out what I want it just starts to sink in how unrealistic it is to get everything.

Helicarrier - $350
Tumbler - $200
Avengers Sets - At least $100 if I limit to 3 sets, if I get more or two Towers then double
Mixels, 3 sets this year - $135
Spider-man - $90
DC - Still have to get Grodd set, Jokerland, Deathstroke set $200
Still have to get Battle of Five Armies set at some point

Then we got unannounced sets like Christmas or Ferris Wheel, I still have to get the Mixer and i wanted to start on Modulars. I cancelled my AT-AT order because I can't keep up with this list alone, adding Star Wars is just impossible. I really feel sorry you guys who collect Star Wars and Ultra Agents and others.

ghostmind

Kudos to the Brick Show for their coverage of NYTF. They've been producing videos like crazy over the last 36 hours, and they've still got select set feature videos coming up. They also shot many of the box art photos for the NYTF sets that are floating around out there (primarily at Brickset).

I haven't been a fan of theirs for a couple years now, but I've heard they have improved their reviews, so I'm going to give them another try.

ghostmind

Those damn Scooby sets threw a major wrench in my plans for this year. I want all of them, they just look so fantastic and my head is going crazy with ideas for Halloween already. When I start listing out what I want it just starts to sink in how unrealistic it is to get everything.

Helicarrier - $350
Tumbler - $200
Avengers Sets - At least $100 if I limit to 3 sets, if I get more or two Towers then double
Spider-man - $90

Then we got unannounced sets like Christmas or Ferris Wheel, I still have to get the Mixer and i wanted to start on Modulars. I cancelled my AT-AT order because I can't keep up with this list alone, adding Star Wars is just impossible. I really feel sorry you guys who collect Star Wars and Ultra Agents and others.

This is why I keep debating just sticking with the Star Wars sets.

For that theme alone, I am looking at over $2,700 CDN for 2015.

wetwired

Helicarrier - $350
Tumbler - $200
Spider-man - $90

hmmm your list makes me think I need to sit down and come up with a spending plan myself, I think the question for some of them will be do I buy the set of just bricklink the minifigs I want...especially the DC and Avengers sets

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Hulk Buster set is the only must-have for the new Marvel ones. Looks like such a nice set with a great collection of figures for the price.

Okay, here's a new version of my Lewa MOC. I took some of y'alls criticisms into account. I decided to remove the yellow and replace it with trans green to make the color scheme more consistent, added a few things to the torso, and completley changed the legs. I actually made the old legs for a different MOC that I scrapped, so I feel like they didn't work because they didn't have the same design philosophy as the body. These new legs seem to work much, much better IMO. What do y'all think? Anything else I should fix?

C6osiIb.jpg

EDIT: Changed the stuff on his back to big ass swords

Ryuuroden

March 1st will be a day of reckoning for the many wallets/purses in this thread.

I guess, but not because I am getting Helicarrier, because I am not, lol. Gonna do Ewok Village and Sydney Opera House if possible. Those are the last two 2013 sets I have left to pick up.

I guess, but not because I am getting Helicarrier, because I am not, lol. Gonna do Ewok Village and Sydney Opera House if possible. Those are the last two 2013 sets I have left to pick up.

Opera House is an awesome parts pack above all else. But Ewok Village, bro. Ewok Village. So awesome all around.

Ryuuroden

Opera House is an awesome parts pack above all else. But Ewok Village, bro. Ewok Village. So awesome all around.

You saw my lineup of UCS sets, I can't skip Ewok Village. Yeah I know I skipped R2D2 and SSD but like I said earlier, I am a huuuge fan of starfighters, land vehicles and UCS scene sets so I am all in on Ewok, Sandcrawler and Tie Fighter and rumored Hoth Base.

melike75

Neo Member
Nice set up Ryu - We have 3 of those shelves ready to be unpacked and assembled for our shared studio/office in our front room ourselves. Good to see we chose wisely. :)

ghostmind

Okay, here's a new version of my Lewa MOC. I took some of y'alls criticisms into account. I decided to remove the yellow and replace it with trans green to make the color scheme more consistent, added a few things to the torso, and completley changed the legs. I actually made the old legs for a different MOC that I scrapped, so I feel like they didn't work because they didn't have the same design philosophy as the body. These new legs seem to work much, much better IMO. What do y'all think? Anything else I should fix?

EDIT: Changed the stuff on his back to big ass swords

I'm not a Bionicle guy, but I think this version is a definite improvement. More streamlined with those revamped legs, and the swords on the back give him a more aggressive look. Love the minifig hands!

I'm tryin to figure out what if anything I'm gonna pick up during Double VIP.

Need to finish Minecraft Wave 1, want at least the Ultra Agents Wave 1 Infearno set and the Toxitka(?) set, or instead I might get a modular like Pet Shop or Cinema?

Or I will probably do the responsible thing and save my money since this is the first year I'll be doing taxes as a freelancer and I'm gonna end up owing a shitload of money, I'm sure.

:mad:

Or I will probably do the responsible thing and save my money since this is the first year I'll be doing taxes as a freelancer and I'm gonna end up owing a shitload of money, I'm sure.

Do the smart thing! My wife started her own business last year and we were surprised to discover a $17,000 tax bill that she owed a couple of weeks ago. Not the end the world, but still...a lot of money.

Edit: Chezzyman those minifig hands are incredible. I didn't even notice them before Phon commented. Great idea.

Do the smart thing! My wife started her own business last year and we were surprised to discover a $17,000 tax bill that she owed a couple of weeks ago. Not the end the world, but still...a lot of money.

Edit: Chezzyman those minifig hands are incredible. I didn't even notice them before Phon commented. Great idea.
Ghostmind commented first. Give credit where it is due. :)

ghostmind

Avengers set 76041 is a TRU exclusive, and is now called "The Hydra Fortress Smash".

SoW7Pmt.jpg

xX5Bigz.jpg

vLNdDIx.jpg

It is the only way to get Quicksilver (or Baron Von Strucker), other than Bricklink'ing them. Price should be about $50USD.

Avengers set 76041 is a TRU exclusive, and is now called "The Hydra Fortress Smash".

SoW7Pmt.jpg

xX5Bigz.jpg

vLNdDIx.jpg

It is the only way to get Quicksilver (or Baron Strucker), other than Bricklink'ing them. Price should be about $50USD.

Overpriced set that honestly looks boring. But I need Quicksilver and especially Baron Von Strucker. Now if only we could get comics accurate Strucker.

Hulkbuster went from a probably get to a MUST HAVE now after seeing that Jang video. That is one the most poseable, sturdy looking mechs in recent history as far as i am concerned!!

It's 2am and I needed contact disinfectant. So I go to Meijer, and what do they have? Hulkbuster set. :)

I know what I am building if I am snowed in tomorrow. Sadly, the only other Avengers set was the Hydra van with Hawkeye, Thor, and Hydra goon. I passed on that one.

wetwired

Update on the main Lego room. The central table is still a mess. It will eventually be a full modular city with streets and all that but right now its just a bunch of modulars sitting on it in no setup :p Cleared up some space on the shelves for future sets plus there are many sets I have in other places in the house.

So jealous, I have to build on the floor :(

Zerojul

Update on the main Lego room. The central table is still a mess. It will eventually be a full modular city with streets and all that but right now its just a bunch of modulars sitting on it in no setup :p Cleared up some space on the shelves for future sets plus there are many sets I have in other places in the house.
This is what heaven must look like. Awesome setup. I build half of my sets on a coffe table, the other half on the floor with my cat trying to play with the parts and push them under the furniture :/

Ryuuroden

I equally love you and hate you for your amazing Star Wars Lego collection. Amazing dude.

Thanks, I love star wars vehicles and scenes. I don't really pick up capital ships but I may start this year. Even if I don't have space to display the large ships now, I will have a much bigger space in one to two years. Building a goodsized house is in the pipeline.

i particularly like how you have a "main" Lego room ....

;)

Well, I have a bunch of non star wars sets on display in other rooms :). Plus my 50,000 brick orthanc is in the living room.

This is what heaven must look like. Awesome setup. I build half of my sets on a coffe table, the other half on the floor with my cat trying to play with the parts and push them under the furniture :/

So jealous, I have to build on the floor :(

I still build my sets at the coffee table and on the floor in my living room too. I also use the dinning room table. Eventually I will have a specific building table with hydraulic adjustable height and some other gadgets I plan to build into it.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
I had stopped visiting this thread daily, because I have a baby on the way and I am currently trying to get out of debt as fast as I can. Check in about once a week now to curb the need to buy......OMG UCS TIE FIGHTER......welp. Bought.

Jimbro72

Very nice display! I wish I had that kind of space to have all mine out instead of the crowded somewhat disorganized mess I have going on now trying to fill every bit of shelf space I can. Definitely a very clean look you have in your room. I like it.

Ponn

Banned
Yea could tell from those previous pictures that Avengers Fortress set was going to be bloated trash. They just want you to pay to get quicksilver, absolutely no need for big fig hulk to be in that set. Being an exclusive for toys r us also means probably not many pickups so bricklinking Quicksilver and Von Strucker will probably be just as much as buying the set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom