• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

neonglow

So I know a few of you have gone to SDCC to get the Lego exclusives. What days do they usually sell those? I want to try to go this year but I figured I'd target a day they have exclusives.

It's sold every day of the convention but it's limited to 200-250 per day. If you're not at the booth within 5 minutes, you won't be able to buy one.

I'll be headed to this year's convention again if anyone wants to meet up.

ghostmind

Star Wars constraction set info:

75107 LEGO Star Wars Constraction Set 1 (Obi-wan?)
85 pieces. Age 7+
$19.99 (USD) $24.99 (CAD)
Available in September

75108 LEGO Star Wars Constraction Set 2 (Commander Cody?)
82 pieces. Age 7+
Available in September

75109 LEGO Star Wars Constraction Set 4 (Jango or Boba Fett?)
83 pieces. Age 7+
$24.99 (USD) $29.99 (CAD)
Available in September

75110 Luke Skywalker
82 pieces. Age 7+
Available in September

75111 Darth Vader
159 pieces. Age 9+
$29.99 (USD) $39.99 (CAD)
Available in September

75112 LEGO Star Wars Constraction Set 6 (General Grevious)
182 pieces. Age 9+
$34.99 (USD) $44.99 (CAD)
Available in September

Whomever called Vader being more expensive was right.

When's UCS Jarjar? :V

c5f8dbb26a.gif

ghostmind

Also 75096 may be a Sith Infiltrator, as a retailer-exclusive in June, while 75098 would be the UCS Hoth Echo Base set, which would be in October.

Cade

Lego X-Files!!! oh wait.... that'd actually be kinda boring, i mean besides the figs what builds could you have? Mulder's office? meh

I know, I went !!!!!!!!!!!!!!........_________________

Mulder's office, then the inbred family's house from Home. That'll be a big seller to the kids.

ghostmind

Also, there will be another round of constraction sets in January, this time focussed on Force Awakens.

January will also see the second wave of Force Awakens sets being released. I would expect to see some Rebels sets in there as well, but nothing from the other movies.

Someone pointed out that there is a new round tile with a pin sticking out. I assume there's a hole in it since they're mounting Friends accessories on it, but it could make for a very useful antistud reversal within a single 1x1 brick. Or turn a regular SNOT brick into having an antistud on the side.

Once again, Friends provides the innovation ;).

Bearthgar

Banned
Helicarrier still showing not available? I'm signed into my VIP account. Is there somewhere I need to go besides the main Lego store site?

ghostmind

Helicarrier still showing not available? I'm signed into my VIP account. Is there somewhere I need to go besides the main Lego store site?

Looks like they've pulled it for now - it was available last night.

Another example of LEGO's crack online shopping service, or something else?

Looks like they've pulled it for now - it was available last night.

Another example of LEGO's crack online shopping service, or something else?
I knew their IT dept must be smoking something.

Or did you mean that having the impulsive Lego spending urges immediately satisfied online is like crack?

Both are equally valid.

It's sold every day of the convention but it's limited to 200-250 per day. If you're not at the booth within 5 minutes, you won't be able to buy one.

I'll be headed to this year's convention again if anyone wants to meet up.

Awesome, thanks!

If I go it will be my first time. Do I just line up outside and wait for the con to open? Or will the con open and I need to wait for the Lego booth to "open"? Any tips on making sure I can finally get an exclusive? :)

ghostmind

Helicarrier is available on S@H again. Make sure you have logged into your VIP account before trying to access the product page for the set.

Lego X-Files!!! oh wait.... that'd actually be kinda boring, i mean besides the figs what builds could you have? Mulder's office? meh

I know, I went !!!!!!!!!!!!!!........_________________

Mulder's office, then the inbred family's house from Home. That'll be a big seller to the kids.

I think you are forgetting they investigate "crime" scenes. :) Maybe a classic alien abduction or pick an appropriate episode.

I want to believe...they will make an X-Files set. How about someone making a LEGO Ideas set?

I think you are forgetting they investigate "crime" scenes. :) Maybe a classic alien abduction or pick an appropriate episode.

I want to believe...they will make an X-Files set. How about someone making a LEGO Ideas set?

Make a Eugene Tooms set. Build it to look like the mini figure is stretching to get through a grate or something. And then you could build an escalator for it to get killed in, complete with a few blood red steps on it.

Cade

Give us the arctic research lab from their take on The Thing.

Make a Eugene Tooms set. Build it to look like the mini figures is stretching to get through a grate or something. And then you could build an escalator for it to get killed in, complete with a few blood red steps on it.

Yes... yes.

Awesome, thanks!

If I go it will be my first time. Do I just line up outside and wait for the con to open? Or will the con open and I need to wait for the Lego booth to "open"? Any tips on making sure I can finally get an exclusive? :)

I don't know how they will do it this year but in the past I think they gave out "ticket" for chance to get one. It's pretty dumb and the worst thing to happen to LEGO and convention in general.

The last time I went many years ago, I waited in line for the whole day (in the meantime missing the entire show) just to get a ticket so I can go stand in line the next day to get a "chance" to buy exclusive item (not LEGO). After that I realize how absurd the whole thing was.

Star Wars constraction set info:

75107 LEGO Star Wars Constraction Set 1 (Obi-wan?)
85 pieces. Age 7+
Available in September

75108 LEGO Star Wars Constraction Set 2 (Commander Cody?)
82 pieces. Age 7+
Available in September

75109 LEGO Star Wars Constraction Set 4 (Jango or Boba Fett?)
83 pieces. Age 7+
$24.99 (USD) $29.99 (CAD)
Available in September

75110 Luke Skywalker
82 pieces. Age 7+
Available in September

75111 Darth Vader
159 pieces. Age 9+
$29.99 (USD) $39.99 (CAD)
Available in September

75112 LEGO Star Wars Constraction Set 6 (General Grevious)
182 pieces. Age 9+
$34.99 (USD) $44.99 (CAD)
Available in September

Whomever called Vader being more expensive was right.
Based on Luke, I think the normal humans look way too weird.

I'll totally get Vader, Fett and Grevious though. Oh actually I have a no prequel rule (UCS Jedi Starfighter was the exception, obviously :p), so no Grevious.

Norfair

Make a Eugene Tooms set. Build it to look like the mini figure is stretching to get through a grate or something. And then you could build an escalator for it to get killed in, complete with a few blood red steps on it.

As long as one set comes with a mid ninties government issue sedan in white I'll be happy.

Quinjet review!

I really like the way it looks compared to the old one. Smoother, sleeker and the color scheme looks better to me overall as well!

Negatives though: the back sucks, i preferred the old thrusters, no cool interior section like the old one had and most of all, no fire extinguishers?? ;)

(unless i missed it since i just kinda skimmed through the video)

Doesn't do anything for me, but then again I barely wanted to get the first one. The figures look too busy and the play features are useless for me. Maybe I'll change my mind after watching the movie (Vision is a complete nobody without having read the comics), but for now it's easy to pass on it.

A good reviewer though, very thorough without being ridiculous, a voice that doesn't annoy me, and he makes good comparisons with older versions, which is something I'm missing from Jang. I'll check out his other 2015 stuff.

Caladrius

I'm not sure what would be funnier, the widespread revulsion caused by its creation or the fact that collectors would inevitably buy it.

Based on Luke, I think the normal humans look way too weird.

I'll totally get Vader, Fett and Grevious though. Oh actually I have a no prequel rule (UCS Jedi Starfighter was the exception, obviously :p), so no Grevious.

Well Grievous was from the Genddy Tartakovsky animated series, so he doesn't count.

That bastardization in Revenge of the Sith was an unauthorized replica commissioned by Palpitine, dammit!

neonglow

Awesome, thanks!

There's like a big general line that they let people wait in. After you get inside, it's a mad scramble to get to any booth. You'll need friends if you want exclusives from multiple booths.

woodypop

Quinjet review!

I really like the way it looks compared to the old one. Smoother, sleeker and the color scheme looks better to me overall as well!

Negatives though: the back sucks, i preferred the old thrusters, no cool interior section like the old one had and most of all, no fire extinguishers?? ;)

(unless i missed it since i just kinda skimmed through the video)
Nice review. I think I saw an extinguisher at 10:30. =D

I like that this version is different enough from the first one so that I won't feel too bad about getting it. I was concerned that this one might be redundant, but I think it will serve well as an Avengers support jet. (The original can hold more minifigs, so I count that as the primary one.)

Now to wait for a good sale.

Damn, March is going to be expensive (if Amazon UK gets everything in time). I'm getting two or three Elves sets and probably three Pirates sets (I really want those remakes of the older figures).

Actually, I kinda want four of the pirates sets. It may be a stupid way to go about it, but I want some of those dark red brick bricks, and I can always use foliage and white walls.

Ponn

Banned
So that would be: "Holding a Milano with a Milano while eating a Milano on a Milano!", right?

Don't forget about Pepperidge Farms' Milano's!

My mind is in the gutter taking that the wrong way. Or right way depending on perspective.

Welp it looks like next month i'm getting another big check from work for back pay on my disability claim.

I'm wondering how it would feel to make a double vip order that includes Helicarrier, Tumbler and all 3 new mixel series....hmmmm...i'm thinking it would feel glorious.

I am trying to dismantle and sort out some pieces but I keep stopping to build random little things. Like testing ideas for later Mocs. No wonder this always takes so long.

Nitemare1

It just came out in September. So you have plenty of time.

Thanks!

The reason I asked was because I went back and forth all day and decided to pass on the Hellicarrier. I ordered a Red 5, (Heres hoping it goes back in stock and actually ships.)
With the intentions of getting the Tie when it comes out. Maybe the Tumbler eventually too.
There's too many awesome big sets out and/or coming out. Not even taking the modular buildings into account. I really need to win the lotto or something!

What we tell customers is that, at minimum, UCS sets last a full year, with most of them sticking around for 2-3, sometimes even longer depending on popularity.

Woorloog

Banned

Wasn't that popular, i guess?

It is a nice looking ship... but relatively unknown one, for it didn't get that much screen time in ROTJ. A shame, it was supposed to have more screen time.

Reckon an A-Wing UCS (there hasn't been one, AFAIK) would have sold better, would have been cheaper probably, also more known ship.

ghostmind

The best boxes. Is it in separate boxes inside like Best Star, SSD, and Sydney Opera House?

There is a white box with bags inside, while the rest of the bags are just in the main box.

Stickers don't seem overdone, though I'm hoping someone will modify the landing strip plates to fit in the 2 shorter sections instead.

Manual is not spiral-bound... BOOOO! For a manual of this size (450 pgs), it should always be spiral-bound.

BTW, my store got 20 in, and sold 7 at opening, and only had a few left when I arrived in the afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom