• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's actually a really fun, yet underrated, playset.

I don't think it's underrated. I think some people just don't like playsets. Lots of love for the minifigs though.
I agree 100% with you that it is a really nice playset. I would even argue it's a nice backdrop to display super heroes and super villains.

I don't think it's underrated. I think some people just don't like playsets. Lots of love for the minifigs though.
I agree 100% with you that it is a really nice playset. I would even argue it's a nice backdrop to display super heroes and super villains.

Yeah that's kind my thing, not a fan of playsets because I generally don't play with them much and it just feels like a waste of money. I didn't even care much for playsets as a kid lol

I find the playsets fun for about an hour as I play with the features, but then after that I see them as great displays for figures. Models like the UCS sets are nice for just showing off a build, but playsets are just giant mini figure displays for me, and that is what I like most about them. Just put the figures in some ridiculous situations and think of a story to go along with it.

Ponn

Banned
I find the playsets fun for about an hour as I play with the features, but then after that I see them as great displays for figures. Models like the UCS sets are nice for just showing off a build, but playsets are just giant mini figure displays for me, and that is what I like most about them. Just put the figures in some ridiculous situations and think of a story to go along with it.

It also helps to combine sets that are similar into bigger dioramas. Like Daily Bugle with the Bank from the Batman/Two Face chase or the Doc Ock Lab with the Hulk Lab Smash. I plan on integrating the Joker Funhouse into Joker Land.

Speaking of Joker do we have a time frame or anymore info on that bumper car polybag? The Brickshow review mention buying multiples and that might be a cool idea and build a bumper car arena.

ghostmind

On S@H the Helicarrier is out-of-stock, with an expected ship date of March 12th.

I would imagine they have some reserved for the March 1st general release... at least I hope so.

ghostmind

Europe still has it in stock, released just today though. Got mine ordered and got a Winter Soldier minifig included.

Yeah, the Winter Soldier polybag being included with Helicarrier orders in UK/Europe is a surprise. North America isn't scheduled to get the poly until June.

Rootbeer

Banned
Yeah, the Winter Soldier polybag being included with Helicarrier orders in UK/Europe is a surprise. North America isn't scheduled to get the poly until June.

also at LEGO stores?

I'm not ordering any LEGO until Double VIP hits... I have over $100 in points, trying to decide if I should dump those into the Helicarrier or wait for the next big set.

I'd planned on the helicarrier for a while but I'm having second thoughts. :) Not that I don't like it, I'm just not very smitten with it.

ghostmind

also at LEGO stores?

I'm not ordering any LEGO until Double VIP hits... I have over $100 in points, trying to decide if I should dump those into the Helicarrier or wait for the next big set.

I'd planned on the helicarrier for a while but I'm having second thoughts. :) Not that I don't like it, I'm just not very smitten with it.

Yes also at UK/Euro LEGO stores, but the promo is only until February 28th.

JANG reviews The Brick Bounty:

http://youtu.be/ae7td6Ifusw

finally! been looking forward to this one...

And it did not disappoint as far as i am concerned, since i already set my expectations quite low ;), i like the simplicity of this ship compared to the bigger ones from POTC. Especially like the color scheme of this ship as well!

Other positives: the first mate and the cook look great, and the fish/shark is welcome.

It must be close to 15 years since I last bought a Lego set, and I am now very close to jumping back in. I manage to locate a UCS Star Destroyer that I might be able grab for a reasonable price. Does anyone here have this set? I have seen some pictures and it looks pretty impressive, it might even be my personal favorite of all the UCS pieces. Anyone have any impressions to share? How does it compare to the other UCS pieces?

It must be close to 15 years since I last bought a Lego set, and I am now very close to jumping back in. I manage to locate a UCS Star Destroyer that I might be able grab for a reasonable price. Does anyone here have this set? I have seen some pictures and it looks pretty impressive, it might even be my personal favorite of all the UCS pieces. Anyone have any impressions to share? How does it compare to the other UCS pieces?

10030 Star Destroyer or 10221 Super Star Destroyer?

I don't have either, but I know several people here have the latter and love it.

As for the former, outside of Jimbro I don't think many people here have it.

Either way, the correct answer is to buy it. Buy it now.

10030 Star Destroyer or 10221 Super Star Destroyer?

I don't have either, but I know several people here have the latter and love it.

As for the former, outside of Jimbro I don't think many people here have it.

Either way, the correct answer is to buy it. Buy it now.

I have both 10030 and 10221. 10030 is magnificent and in my opinion, a better looking ship than 10221 for a couple of reasons. The ISD has more appearances in the trilogy than the SSD, so more people are familiar with it than the SSD. The SSD is a nice set and is big and long, so it's definitely not lacking in any way. The ISD is just as long as the SSD (I can't confirm as my SSD is currently disassembled), but it's taller and has more of an impact when you see it in person. My ISD has been proudly displayed for a few years now, and I still stop and stare at it from time to time.

In any case, you can't go wrong with either set, but if you can only have one and not the other, the 10030 ISD is the one to get. Just my $0.02.

3N16MA

Banned
Deal for Canadians:

TRU will have select Super Heroes, TMNT, Hobbit, and Agents sets 20% off starting tomorrow. The $10 off $40 coupon is still good and stacks with the deal which makes for some good discounts.

I have both 10030 and 10221. 10330 is magnificent and in my opinion, a better looking ship than 10221 for a couple of reasons. The ISD has more appearances in the trilogy than the SSD, so more people are familiar with it than the SSD. The SSD is a nice set and is big and long, so it's definitely not lacking in any way. The ISD is just as long as the SSD (I can't confirm as my SSD is currently disassembled), but it's taller and has more of an impact when you see it in person. My ISD has been proudly displayed for a few years now, and I still stop and stare at it from time to time.

In any case, you can't go wrong with either set, but if you can only have one and not the other, the 10030 ISD is the one to get. Just my $0.02.

Soooooo jealous :(

I'd probably trade my SSD for that one...

Jimbro72

I would have to agree with onenightr. I also own both but the SSD is still in my backlog so can't comment much on that. But the ISD has been built and displayed since first getting it 12+ yrs ago and I think there are probably but a few SW sets that are more impressive than seeing this one built and displayed. Maybe the SSD is one of those, I don't know yet, but regardless of which Star Destroyer you're talking about, I think you'd be pleased with either one.

All of this 10030 talk is making me want to build mine. It was my best Craigslist find. I paid $175 for that, MTT, sail barge, and much more.

It is indeed the 12 year old set from 2002 I am talking about. I also watched some videos of it on youtube, and I cant live without it now. Hopefully I will post some pictures here later if I manage to secure it.

All of this 10030 talk is making me want to build mine. It was my best Craigslist find. I paid $175 for that, MTT, sail barge, and much more.

You should build it! And wow, I thought I bought mine at a better price than you, but I think you have me beat. I got my 10030 from craigslist as well. It was incomplete and the instruction manual was heavily water-damaged (pretty much trashed). I paid $15 for it. After I inventoried the pieces, I was missing a little over 100 pieces which included a bunch of magnets. The replacement pieces cost me about $60, so total was only about $75. A great deal indeed, but yours was a monster deal.

You should build it! And wow, I thought I bought mine at a better price than you, but I think you have me beat. I got my 10030 from craigslist as well. It was incomplete and the instruction manual was heavily water-damaged (pretty much trashed). I paid $15 for it. After I inventoried the pieces, I was missing a little over 100 pieces which included a bunch of magnets. The replacement pieces cost me about $60, so total was only about $75. A great deal indeed, but yours was a monster deal.

I didn't know it was the UCS set until I got to his house and saw the spiral manual. It was in a bin and half of the bags were sealed. My wife was upset until she saw the eBay prices (not that I'd sell it).

BigHow

Neo Member
I was at the Toys R Us in Los Feliz earlier today and noticed that the Speed Champions sets are already out:

943D30BA-7B86-4E4F-BEB9-527A7F1E01B5.jpg

I wasn't really planning on getting any, but I figured I'd give everyone a heads up.

Fowler

Looks like the new Star Wars Character Encyclopedia includes a white "Proto Fett"

http://www.starwars.com/news/lego-s...oto-fett-minifigure-exclusive?linkId=12460164

StarWars.com is excited to reveal LEGO Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded. Featuring 72 extra pages of new minifigures, little-known facts, and much more, it’s a treasure trove of beautiful imagery and in-depth information fans. If that’s not enough, there’s one more addition that definitely makes it worthy of inclusion in your personal Jedi Archives.

Packaged with LEGO Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded is none other than the all-white Boba Fett — dubbed Proto Fett by fans, as it’s based on the original concept designes and test armor for the famed bounty hunter. The minifigure is available only with this book, making it quite the bounty.

Check out a special preview of LEGO Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded and the Proto Fett minigure below!

Rootbeer

Banned
Looks like the new Star Wars Character Encyclopedia includes a white "Proto Fett"

http://www.starwars.com/news/lego-s...oto-fett-minifigure-exclusive?linkId=12460164

Very good choice! The previous version is not cheap to get and this looks way better! I'm very happy :)

This book is gonna sell a ton now.

Had mine pre-ordered of course.

You can get it on amazon here:
http://amzn.com/1465435506

I was at the Toys R Us in Los Feliz earlier today and noticed that the Speed Champions sets are already out:

I wasn't really planning on getting any, but I figured I'd give everyone a heads up.
I should have swung by TRU today but rushed home instead. Maybe I'll go tomorrow and check on things

neonglow

Just pre-ordered my copy of the book. It'll be much more popular than the other characters with a medallion printed on their chest.

Boba is like one of my favorite characters from SW (cheesy I know) and I think that minifig looks awesome. Thanks for the headsup, preordered.

3N16MA

Banned
$89.99 Canadian for Darkseid Invasion makes it hard to pull the trigger. It is up there in price per brick. Maybe TRU puts it on sale tomorrow.

chimster

winter solider minifig isn't showing up when i add the helicarrier to the shopping cart for s@h, anybody else have the same problem?

3N16MA

Banned
Does anyone like the big figs? I don't have one yet but I want Darkseid. Looks like only the arms move which is a little disappointing.

Does anyone like the big figs? I don't have one yet but I want Darkseid. Looks like only the arms move which is a little disappointing.

The wrists rotate as well. The big figs are cool to look at, but I wish they were as posable as the regular mini figs. Only big figs I have are a Cave Troll from LOTR, and two different Hulks. I also wish they were as customizable as regular figures. They should do something similar to that concept sketch out there for big figs to get us more variety. And then do a series of CMFs that is all big figs.

LEGO-Giant-Figures-by-Alexandre-Boudon.jpg

I do have a few dinosaurs though, and those are badass. I am excited to get more when Jurassic World sets hit.

3N16MA

Banned
The wrists rotate as well. The big figs are cool to look at, but I wish they were as posable as the regular mini figs. Only big figs I have are a Cave Troll from LOTR, and two different Hulks. I also wish they were as customizable as regular figures. They should do something similar to that concept sketch out there for big figs to get us more variety. And then do a series of CMFs that is all big figs.

LEGO-Giant-Figures-by-Alexandre-Boudon.jpg

I do have a few dinosaurs though, and those are badass. I am excited to get more when Jurassic World sets hit.

Wow, that looks great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom