• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still praying to find a Quinjet locally this week. Sadly, the snow has screwed up everything around here, so who knows what kind of shipments they got.
I went back to Meijer and no more Avengers sets, and no tags or spaces in the LEGO aisle for one either. They had a bunch of new Ninjago stuff though.

However, the action figure aisle had tons of Age of Ultron stuff, like a huge Hulkbuster figure.

LEGO-Giant-Figures-by-Alexandre-Boudon.jpg

Chaos Lords? Were they planning to do a Warhammer line because that would be sweet.

ghostmind

Looks so gooood. I wanna preorder 'em all.

EDIT: Goggles on sitting Scooby are amazing.

I believe the heads are interchangeable as well.

Which means you could put a minifig head on a Scooby body, and vice-versa.

That should prove interesting...

EDIT: Looking at the images, it may be a slightly different size pin, but that may still work with certain LEGO animals that have removable heads.

My one disappointment is that it looks like the seam on Scooby's head goes right through his eye!?! Come on!!

Otherwise, they look GREAT. I also really like the surprise of unique prints on Scooby (goggles, scared face, normal face) and Shaggy (normal shirt, Hawaiian shirt). Makes me even more hopeful they'll do a second run with more unique prints like I suggested earlier, ie Scooby in space, etc.

Cade

I believe the heads are interchangeable as well.

Which means you could put a minifig head on a Scooby body, and vice-versa.

That should prove interesting...

EDIT: Looking at the images, it may be a slightly different size pin, but that may still work with certain LEGO animals that have removable heads.

Interesting. I hope so!

Yay! The supermarket had the smallest four Elves sets. Of course I wanted the other two specifically, but I wanted the ship as well so I got that.

Also got season four of Game of Thrones. Building while watching might make for an interesting dissonance...

Edit: I love the rock skull in the lighthouse set.

I didn't even notice that until I saw your post!

Yay! The supermarket had the smallest four Elves sets. Of course I wanted the other two specifically, but I wanted the ship as well so I got that.

Also got season four of Game of Thrones. Building while watching might make for an interesting dissonance...

Have you seen season four yet? Great season as always. Love the show.

Official Scooby-Doo images:

LEGO hit it out of the park with those sets.

Good thing there's a Shaggy and Scooby Doo in each set because I'm not a fan of minifig prints that aren't very reusable. Shaggy's shirt has seaweed print all over it in the lighthouse set.

I wonder if LEGO would be able to do a wave 2 of Scooby Doo. I hope this leads LEGO down the path of other cartoon IP's that span generations. If not, I hope someone pushes a good idea for Flinstones and Jetsons on LEGO Ideas.

woodypop

Official Scooby-Doo images:
I really don't like that all the gang's vehicles share the same color scheme as the Mystery Machine. I didn't think they ever had their own power boat and bi-plane. They're not loaded like Bruce Wayne to have every Bat-vehicle under the sun. Or am I missing something?

I'll still be getting all the sets, but that's a minor sticking point. =/

Good thing there's a Shaggy and Scooby Doo in each set because I'm not a fan of minifig prints that aren't very reusable. Shaggy's shirt has seaweed print all over it in the lighthouse set.

I wonder if LEGO would be able to do a wave 2 of Scooby Doo. I hope this leads LEGO down the path of other cartoon IP's that span generations. If not, I hope someone pushes a good idea for Flinstones and Jetsons on LEGO Ideas.

Now THAT'd be all kinds of awesome... I want George Jetson's house (or was it an apartment inside a bigger building, can't remember?) in the sky on sticks!!!

The Flintstones would do too though i have a slight preference for Sci-Fi!

I really don't like that all the gang's vehicles share the same color scheme as the Mystery Machine. I didn't think they ever had their own power boat and bi-plane. They're not loaded like Bruce Wayne to have every Bat-vehicle under the sun. Or am I missing something?

Clearly in Lego-world the Wayne Foundation had some kind of educational grant program going on, and Velma wrote up a good enough marketing pitch to get themselves some money to build some superfluous vehicles.

They're probably all bugged with equipment that Bruce can use to keep tabs on various potentially-supernatural threats. Scooby and the gang have been absorbed into the bat-family and haven't even realized it.

This will be my personal lego storyline when I get some scooby sets.

I was going to think about getting the brick bounty when it comes out as I've never gotten a cool pirate ship before but its $100 and only 700 pieces and I don't think generic pirate minifigs justify the 30% increase in price.

Whats the best set available at less than $70?

Well i'm confused. Went looking for Meta Knight to no luck but went to TRU and they had the Iceklaw polybag which I tried to buy but the register wasn't allowing it. Was anybody aware they were street dated to October 24th? Anyways the manager did override it but it was still coming out at $0 so I ended up getting it free.

They don't own all those vehicles. They just own the Mystery Machine. The other vehicles are just there and they jack them. Makes sense there are boats just laying around a harbor. Plane has no setting, so it's probably near a farm or fields. I can see why a person would think that because of the color scheme. I think it's fine as it keeps the sets unified. This way when you put all the set together, they look like it can all be one huge set. If you look at a lot of LEGO themes, they choose color palettes for the themes and most or all of the sets use those colors. Ultra Agents has the trans bllue and black theme. Galaxy Squad had the olive green and red for the aliens.

I can't explain the motorcycle. :)

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Man, double VIP points can't come soon enough. I haven't had a new Lego set to build for like a month (ever since I finished building Pet Shop I think), and I'm waiting for double VIP to buy the new stuff.

My review of Elves: Naida's Epic Adventure Ship

This set is amazing! Innovative design, tons of parts in new colours, and a very interesting build. It will be interesting to see how many AFOL's will overlook this because of the theme. If this had been in reddish brown people would call it the best small ship ever.

I was going to tear it down for parts and steal the hair off all of the characters, but now I realize I will need to buy spares for that. This will sail proudly along my pirate armada.

Speaking of which:
HC7VUrF.jpg

neonglow

This one looks like a long partnership. They're making several LEGO Scooby Doo shows/movies similar to the LEGO Justice League movies.

My review of Elves: Naida's Epic Adventure Ship

This set is amazing! Innovative design, tons of parts in new colours, and a very interesting build. It will be interesting to see how many AFOL's will overlook this because of the theme. If this had been in reddish brown people would call it the best small ship ever.

I was going to tear it down for parts and steal the hair off all of the characters, but now I realize I will need to buy spares for that. This will sail proudly along my pirate armada.

Speaking of which:
HC7VUrF.jpg

Thanks for the review. That sets on my list. I'm going to get the smaller sets soon, but I will try to wait for sales for the bigger sets.

Sigh. I was just getting out of collecting Friends sets, then LEGO Princess sets sucked me back in. Now LEGO Elves is pulling me in more. I definitely will be getting some or most of those sets. Maybe the theme will bomb and AFOL's will be able to load up on those sets on clearance. My fingers are crossed.

This one looks like a long partnership. They're making several LEGO Scooby Doo shows/movies similar to the LEGO Justice League movies.

I'm not sure future Scooby Doo sets will call out to me. These current sets satisfy my need for the Scooby Doo minifigs. If future sets have cool monster minifigs, I probably would just Bricklink them. Oh, Scrappy Doo would be nice. :)
I just don't foresee big enough demand for a full 2nd wave. Maybe one or two sets a year like they did with Sponge Bob.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
NOOOOO! I finally found the Iceklaw's Mech at TRU of all places and it's system locked until...OCTOBER.

Been looking since November, so it's time to call it quits. Guess I'll have to fork over $10 to scalpers. :\

NOOOOO! I finally found the Iceklaw's Mech at TRU of all places and it's system locked until...OCTOBER.

Been looking since November, so it's time to call it quits. Guess I'll have to fork over $10 to scalpers. :

These are plentiful where I am. Send me a pm If you want me to grab one for you.

I'm not sure future Scooby Doo sets will call out to me. These current sets satisfy my need for the Scooby Doo minifigs. If future sets have cool monster minifigs, I probably would just Bricklink them. Oh, Scrappy Doo would be nice. :)
I just don't foresee big enough demand for a full 2nd wave. Maybe one or two sets a year like they did with Sponge Bob.

As someone who'd buy the mansion and lighthouse regardless of the protagonists involved, I mainly see the scooby wave as a way to get more monster fighters style horror sets. I'm hopeful that if the first wave sells well, they'll be able to comb scooby's history to fill out a second wave with other scenes like those.

the figures will be great, but they're a bonus I could have lived without.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
These are plentiful where I am. Send me a pm If you want me to grab one for you.

Nah, that's okay. I'll just wait for the set he comes in. Wouldn't want you to have to send me one at cost or anything. :)

BigHow

Neo Member

Been looking since November, so it's time to call it quits. Guess I'll have to fork over $10 to scalpers. :\

I hit the same problem yesterday at TRU, but when I pointed out the absurdity of a lock date until October when there were stacks of them on the endcap in February, the manager assumed it was some kind of system error and did an override. Might be worth a try the next time you're at the TRU.

Ponn

Banned
I have to be honest, after watching these new Avengers set reviews i'm not really hyped on them as much, especially Avengers Tower. I'm hoping the Quinjet is good but the Hulkbuster so far is the only one that still has my attention. The tower just seems like a real let down mini fig wise, nothing that stands out as a must have mini fig. The inside is bare bones. It reminds me of the Daily Bugle set but minus the must have mini figs. I'm still thinking a good tower could be made combining a couple sets but i'm still really meh on it.

Got my Batzarro and Bizarro League movie. I really need to a Bizarro fig now. The movie was pretty good and I liked the bloopers extras. "Me Worst Detective!"

MisterNoisy

Decided to thin the collection a bit because I'm moving and will be limiting the amount of displayed pieces at the new place (they make dusting a complete pain in the ass). Lots of Police, Fire, Mining and other sets got broken down, packed up and given to one of my coworkers for their kids. Spreading the addiction, as it were.

Decided to thin the collection a bit because I'm moving and will be limiting the amount of displayed pieces at the new place (they make dusting a complete pain in the ass). Lots of Police, Fire, Mining and other sets got broken down, packed up and given to one of my coworkers for their kids. Spreading the addiction, as it were.

You sir are quite generous. That is awesome. I clutch onto my LEGO as Scrooge holds onto money. Once in awhile I'll toss a minifig to my kids (only if it's an extra!). :)

Been looking since November, so it's time to call it quits. Guess I'll have to fork over $10 to scalpers. :

I hit the same problem yesterday at TRU, but when I pointed out the absurdity of a lock date until October when there were stacks of them on the endcap in February, the manager assumed it was some kind of system error and did an override. Might be worth a try the next time you're at the TRU.

lol and here I thought I was alone with this. In my case the manager said I'm the only one who gets it for free. then they're suppose to remove em from the end cap.

Dragoshi1

Bought and built that Pheonix thingy from Chima, price matched it at Target.

I built the vehicle that comes with the Mechdragon, but lack time to actually build the thing.

Also, I found this strange, but Gali and Onua are already on CLEARANCE at Target!

That was quick!

Legends of Chima Eagles' Castle (70011)

It's been on clearance forever at TRU and they had tons (dozens) left a few weeks ago. I stopped by yesterday and it was down to $10 and there was only 4 left. I couldn't resist for a parts pack at 75% off MSRP and bought 2. Online it's 50% off still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom