• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodypop

Swung by Toys R Us on the way home from a concert (Flock of Seagulls!). They're having a BOGO 40% off sale, so I picked up a pair of Skyhoppers, one for me, the other for a friend.

ED7D8C84-A711-4B16-9DC6-9FC33DB7C292_zpsjm8djddc.jpg

They weren't inflated above MSRP either, which was a pleasant surprise. :)

Ponn

Banned
That is true - probably not a lot then.

That set doesn't have much going for it, other than Quicksilver and Baron Von Strucker, but those two minifigs (especially Quicksilver unless they put him in a polybag) will probably fetch close to as much as the set itself in the aftermarket.

Yea I have all kinds of problems with that set and i'm going to feel really dirty buying it. If you want Quicksilver and Von Strucker you are going to have to buy that set. I can't see bricklinking them being cheaper because that set has nothing else going for it.

That is true - probably not a lot then.

That set doesn't have much going for it, other than Quicksilver and Baron Von Strucker, but those two minifigs (especially Quicksilver unless they put him in a polybag) will probably fetch close to as much as the set itself in the aftermarket.

Aye, there's the rub. So easy to sell the high demand minifigs, but to sell remainder of the set is a pain.

Sigh. Want all those figures but don't want another Hulk.

I'm with Ghostmind. I opened a Bricklink store not to get rich, but to unload extras and subsidize my LEGO addicti....hobby a bit. I don't think that Hulk will have much of an aftermarket price though, but every dollar helps. I have way too much stuff and only more stuff coming in considering how good 2015 sets are. If only I could get rid of all my excessive tires, flick fire missiles, and technic pins. I have several sandwich bags full of those technic pins.

Best Batman?!?

There's only one clear choice.

lgf9Lb8.jpg

The best puns are really bad puns. That was really bad.

Good to see Jang finding popularity, he deserves it.

I rebuilt Eldorado Fortress yesterday and immediately felt like updating it, mostly because of some outdated building solutions and because of some really worn bricks. I'm going to order these and then add the new figures and other stuff from the 2015 sets, while building on the old baseplate.

pD5bsCN.png

wetwired

I'm thinking of getting some custom LEGO Classic Space minifigs printed up, sourcing the parts and getting them pad printed with the classic space logo on the chest. Would anyone here be interested? It's hard to estimate the price at this stage but I'm guessing they'll work out to be around $15 plus postage. I trawled bricklink tonight to figure out that these are the colours I could do via dodgy photoshop mockup

spaceminifig2.jpg

The airtanks would have to be painted so they may not match 100% but I'll try my best. Otherwise the only 100% legit one would be the old light grey which these is an existing airtank in old light grey

Kyari

I'm thinking of getting some custom LEGO Classic Space minifigs printed up, sourcing the parts and getting them pad printed with the classic space logo on the chest. Would anyone here be interested? It's hard to estimate the price at this stage but I'm guessing they'll work out to be around $15 plus postage. I trawled bricklink tonight to figure out that these are the colours I could do via dodgy photoshop mockup

spaceminifig2.jpg

The airtanks would have to be painted so they may not match 100% but I'll try my best. Otherwise the only 100% legit one would be the old light grey which these is an existing airtank in old light grey

Oh man those greens, blue and purple are amazing. The orange too. Why don't these exist? :(

ghostmind

I'm pretty sure we're all jang subscribers, right?

He has a message for all of us

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntiGFM2NRaU

I first started watching LEGOJANG just over 2 years ago, in January 2013. Prior to that I had been following the Brick Show, BrickQueen, and smaller channels like BrickFormula since I had emerged from my "Dark Ages".

I was immediately hooked by JANG's professionalism, sincerity and commitment, and have watched his channel grow alongside my own collection. In December 2013, I started linking select reviews of JANG's in our threads, and I'll be continuing to do so, as I think there is no better reliable consistent voice on Youtube that is part of this hobby, than JANG.

JANGBRiCKS currently stands at 301,226 subscribers, and 214,457,473 views. I'm looking forward to seeing it grow and thrive, as I think it is well-deserved.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I keep watching vids and nothing could still convince me to get Technic sets. They're all very ugly and traded a lot of aesthetics purely for function. Really, the best "technic" stuff are the ones integrated to System bricks.

ghostmind

"An Alternate Asylum" by Pete Strege:

KiMIc3S.jpg

Size comparison with 10228 Haunted House.

Uzb7FpZ.jpg

fDhZssk.jpg

Made with four 10937 Arkham Asylum Breakout sets, as well as a small number of additional bricks.

Its no $15 Xmen Blackbird haul, but my local Target has all the Ultra Agents stuff on sale. I grabbed all this + the camper for $100. The camper's regular price was 9.99 for some reason, no sale on that. I passed on 2 Marvel sets, Spider chopper and xmen blackbird, because they weren't cheap enough for me yet ($35 each). I'll check back next week on those to see if they drop more. I was more than happy to grab basically the entire ultra agents line for a comparable price! I think I'm just missing the HQ now?

B4079403-1D37-4583-B0E3-4F2EC0FDC163.jpg

Nitemare1

I keep watching vids and nothing could still convince me to get Technic sets. They're all very ugly and traded a lot of aesthetics purely for function. Really, the best "technic" stuff are the ones integrated to System bricks.

I've only ever bought one technic set and it was the new quad bike. And I only really got it because it reminds me a little of my can am outlander. it was a pretty fun little build with some slick details but nothing that made me want to go look at other technic sets.

http://youtu.be/JQDeTV4uFhc

No I didn't apply any of those damn stickers.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
LEGO Thoughts....

People talk about doing a Mario LEGO theme, or Zelda.

How many billions of dollars would LEGO and Nintendo make if they did LEGO Pokemon?

spaceminifig2.jpg

I'm interested, but not necessarily all of the colors. Some of those may be pricey as dark red torsos I think only come in 1 or 2 minifigs (CMF conquistador is one). Not sure about those that already have printing on them.

This person has some awesome LEGO minifig art.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/catanas44/

One of the top 5 minifigs I want LEGO to make, but chances are slim.
8182758512_a493f5d739_o.png

I wonder if they'll ever make Swamp Thing too. I'd be sad if they made it a big fig.
14046809718_652e73ab64_o.png

It's a shame Adam West Batman minifig will never be made. The Juniors Batman is closest, but doesn't capture the awesome campy TV version.
16426970962_9b2d203838_b.jpg

LEGO needs Marvel family
16292104770_46008c7815_o.png

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
I'm pretty sure we're all jang subscribers, right?

He has a message for all of us

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntiGFM2NRaU
I've been subscribed to Jang for a few months now and both this statistic and video are fantastic.

I agree with ghostmind that im in it for that honest, sincere commentary, and this video reinforces that. In an age of pewdiepie extreme shit, him being so laidback and easy going is refreshing-'suitable for all ages.

Long may he continue!

"An Alternate Asylum" by Pete Strege:

KiMIc3S.jpg

Size comparison with 10228 Haunted House.

Made with four 10937 Arkham Asylum Breakout sets, as well as a small number of additional bricks.

Amazing!

If there is one thing to learn from that awesome MOC/mod is that multiples of the same set makes it better. The sum is greater than just one set. Empty your wallets. ;)

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Lol. This Ninjago Mech Dragon is so much Lego for $20. The car that is just 1 of 6 bags is worth nearly $20 alone.

Caladrius

I was tempted to grab the Ninjago Cyberdragon too, but then I realized that my dedicated System storage space is nearly running out. (Most of my stuff is technic/CCBS)

Thanks for the images of the simpsons vignettes. I'm going to try to recreate them as a gift for my brother. he's got all the simpsons figs from wave 1 but ralph, so I just need to get the pieces for the scenery.

neonglow

spaceminifig2.jpg

Is that $15 for each spaceman or $15 for a bunch of them?

I think this is the type of cantina I want to recreate:

Cantina by bjm bjm

Supposedly built from 3 Cantina sets and 1 Lone Ranger Silver Mine Shootout set.

Would make a great UCS version.

More sets = better for sets of buildings. So I would need about 20 official Tower of Orthanc's to match the size of your tower?
So are 2 of the same modular sets the new standard?

Is that $15 for each spaceman or $15 for a bunch of them?

If this was the 70's. :) Pad printing is expensive and even more expensive the less that are printed due to the costs of creating the initial "pad prints". It's most likely $15 for each.

wetwired

I'm interested, but not necessarily all of the colors. Some of those may be pricey as dark red torsos I think only come in 1 or 2 minifigs (CMF conquistador is one). Not sure about those that already have printing on them.

I can remove printing easily so that's not an issue, I can get iron man torsos with dark red hands relatively cheap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom