• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuuroden

Everything is Awesome performance at the Oscars was really cool :)

LEGO made it y'all! MADE IT!!

B-frlFoIIAANh8D.jpg:large

lol

Target here only has things 20% off at clearance. Lame. $42 for Sentinel set. $21 for Infearno. I didn't get anything then.

And still no Quinjet in sight.

I'm thinking of getting some custom LEGO Classic Space minifigs printed up, sourcing the parts and getting them pad printed with the classic space logo on the chest. Would anyone here be interested? It's hard to estimate the price at this stage but I'm guessing they'll work out to be around $15 plus postage. I trawled bricklink ton

Count me in for a couple of them. Let me know if you decide to proceed. Love the purple & powder-blue ones.

Target here only has things 20% off at clearance. Lame. $42 for Sentinel set. $21 for Infearno. I didn't get anything then.

I picked this up at 20% off today. It's my first Ultra Agents set so I don't know what to expect.

It will probably get built before all of the rest of the stuff in my backlog!

Rootbeer

Banned
I can search for it but clicking it takes me to the home page. That might have taken it off.

i've restested the link over and over... works every time. dunno what to say

anyway if you want to buy one i hope you can find it :p

how I found it:

go to amazon.com front page (or use your browser's built-in search), search for LEGO then filter the search by toys & games, then filter it again by newest arrivals, then filter it again by Prime shipping eligable... you should see it

ghostmind

how I found it:

go to amazon.com front page (or use your browser's built-in search), search for LEGO then filter the search by toys & games, then filter it again by newest arrivals, then filter it again by Prime shipping eligable... you should see it

I can see it with your previous links... weird.

how I found it:

This worked for me. I had to switch from mobile to full desktop.

Rootbeer

Banned
This worked for me. I had to switch from mobile to full desktop.

Oh. I wonder if neon and jeff were also on mobile :p

I try to avoid mobile links at all times... besides, most mobile devices will convert it to mobile automatically. but it doesn't usually do so the other way around.

neonglow

Oh. I wonder if neon and jeff were also on mobile :p

I try to avoid mobile links at all times... besides, most mobile devices will convert it to mobile automatically. but it doesn't usually do so the other way around.

I'm on mobile so that might be why.

LEGO is firing on all cylinders with all these new sets and themes.

Speed Champions has me really excited (and I'm not into cars). It's amazing how just a couple new moulds allowed LEGO to capture the iconic looks of those cars better.

LEGO may even make me apply stickers for the first time since coming out of the dark ages. I hope applying stickers for the first time isn't as painful as I heard.

Speed Champions has me really excited (and I'm not into cars). It's amazing how just a couple new moulds allowed LEGO to capture the iconic looks of those cars better.

LEGO may even make me apply stickers for the first time since coming out of the dark ages. I hope applying stickers for the first time isn't as painful as I heard.

Get a bottle of:

Ryuuroden

Well its not like stickers on race cars isn't legit, I mean decals are on actual race cars too

Ravek

Banned
Bitter day.

Im deploying REALLY soon, so yesterday I began the painful task of taking down and storing some LEGO sets. Not all, mostly Mixels and DC sets for now.

Anyways, I find out my tax return will be coming in tomorrow. Cool cool. That'll help with all the new containers. At the point, I tell myself: besides the Helicarrier thats coming in soon, no more LEGO sets until I return from the deployment...

Well.

The girlfriend and I go to TRU because we're bored. Our TRU NEVER gets new sets early. Never. But whats this?

Speed Champions? Check.

New Avengers sets? Check.

Elves sets? Check.

New Ninjago? Check.

It hurt. Bad. She offered to buy me the new Quinjet, but I couldn't. It would hurt too much.

TL;DR: New sets are out, early, and I imposed a no buying rule on self. Sadness.

Bitter day.

Im deploying REALLY soon, so yesterday I began the painful task of taking down and storing some LEGO sets. Not all, mostly Mixels and DC sets for now.

Anyways, I find out my tax return will be coming in tomorrow. Cool cool. That'll help with all the new containers. At the point, I tell myself: besides the Helicarrier thats coming in soon, no more LEGO sets until I return from the deployment...

Well.

The girlfriend and I go to TRU because we're bored. Our TRU NEVER gets new sets early. Never. But whats this?

Speed Champions? Check.

New Avengers sets? Check.

Elves sets? Check.

New Ninjago? Check.

It hurt. Bad. She offered to buy me the new Quinjet, but I couldn't. It would hurt too much.

TL;DR: New sets are out, early, and I imposed a no buying rule on self. Sadness.

The big takeaway for me is this:

Be safe when deployment comes up!

kitzkozan

Oh man, I just don't have the money or space for all these upcoming sets. I'll stick with my plan, which is a budget of about 500-600$ for LEGO this year. :p I'm already at 200$ with the lone ranger confederation train (50$) + Benny's spaceship X3 (70$), Super secret dropship (50$) and snowspeeder. Thank god that I got all of them with very good discount as I should be near my limit already.

I'm planning on getting the annual winter village set and something else. I want a big, exclusive LEGO set so it's either going to be the upcoming Hoth base or the Seacow. One in October and the other in november in order to get X2 VIP points and the bonus WV sets. :] Everything else will wait until next year, or around christmas which will mark the discount period for a lot of LEGO sets.

I'm guessing this is how most AFOL deal with the addiction of buying sets versus the expensive price tag and the potential lack of space (planning and having a budget). There's also a point where you must sell sets in order to buy more right? :^p

Oh man, I just don't have the money or space for all these upcoming sets. I'll stick with my plan, which is a budget of about 500-600$ for LEGO this year. :p I'm already at 200$ with the lone ranger confederation train (50$) + Benny's spaceship X3 (70$), Super secret dropship (50$) and snowspeeder. Thank god that I got all of them with very good discount as I should be near my limit already.

I'm planning on getting the annual winter village set and something else. I want a big, exclusive LEGO set so it's either going to be the upcoming Hoth base or the Seacow. One in October and the other in november in order to get X2 VIP points and the bonus WV sets. :] Everything else will wait until next year, or around christmas which will mark the discount period for a lot of LEGO sets.

I'm guessing this is how most AFOL deal with the addiction of buying sets versus the expensive price tag and the potential lack of space (planning and having a budget). There's also a point where you must sell sets in order to buy more right? :^p

Go SeaCow this year, because you will have all of next year to get Echo Base.

I am excited for Echo Base because the huge Star Wars playsets are always great (Best Star and Ewok Village are killer), but Sea Cow was my favorite set of last year. Just magnificent.

EDIT: After tonight's Oscars, I think the title for OT 5 should be "Everything is still awesome!"

Ryuuroden

I just get a bigger house >.>. But really, when I run out of display space, sets come down and go into the collective and new ones go up. Also there are many sets that are just playsets so they get built, taken apart and go into the collective. I don't like to sell sets as I want to keep the pieces for parts.

kitzkozan

Go SeaCow this year, because you will have all of next year to get Echo Base.

I am excited for Echo Base because the huge Star Wars playsets are always great (Best Star and Ewok Village are killer), but Sea Cow was my favorite set of last year. Just magnificent.

Yeah, the big Star Wars playsets are fantastic. So far, I haven't been impressed with the older rendition of the Hoth base, but I'm sure that I'm going to have a hard time resisting if it's as good as I believe it can be (want a bacta tank Luke). Adding an AT-AT + my snowspeeder and the Hoth Solo minifig would be icing on the cake.

I just might buy the AT-AT and wait next year for the Hoth base, or buy the Seacow in march if I end up receiving a bigger than anticipated tax return(blowing my planned budget, but hey lol). :] I never had a LEGO boat, but I'm more tempted than ever now that I have a modern classic with the Spaceship X 3 (and Seacow is another classic in the making).

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I'd really like to see what the Speed Champions sets look like without stickers. Any photos of that anywhere yet?

It's kind of a bummer, Porsches are my favorite cars, but I'm not a fan of those Lego Porsches at all. I think I'll just hold off and see if I can get them on a decent discount.

Just got the Milano. Its sooooo awesome! It looks good from every angle, even the back. There were some clever techniques to get the right shape, like how the front was made. And the mini figures are great, I love Starlord. Only problem I have with it was all the stickers. There's way too many. I got some dust bubbles under some :( but you only notice it when lights shining directly on it so its not so bad I guess.

Just got the Milano. Its sooooo awesome! It looks good from every angle, even the back. There were some clever techniques to get the right shape, like how the front was made. And the mini figures are great, I love Starlord. Only problem I have with it was all the stickers. There's way too many. I got some dust bubbles under some :( but you only notice it when lights shining directly on it so its not so bad I guess.

I never bothered with the stickers on mine. It still looks awesome without them.

I do love how you can pose all the protruding wings. The ship can look relaxed or aggressive depending on how you angle all the wings and fins. So awesome.

Not getting Speed Champions but I have to agree that they did a great job on the cars, they look really good. Not so hot about those stickers...imagine what a UCS Speed Champions set would have in terms of stickers, haha.

Rootbeer

Banned
These third-party LEGO baseplate packs are burning up the charts on amazon. The market is really responding to LEGO's price gouging on baseplates lately. I'm even tempted to get some.

Green
Blue

I notice by reading amazon reviews and their comments that the company behind these is very active in engaging with people who are buying their stuff, that could be a good sign.

Thank you so much! That set's going to be a pain to find when the film comes out. Kids are going to gobble up anything Hulkbuster.

Welcome! Mine is preparing for shipment now. Yess!

Rootbeer

Banned
First time I saw that set and it looks pretty good, now I'm tempted to buy it...ugh

It's hard for me to hold off on superhero or star wars sets. :) And for movie sets, I like getting at least 1 or 2 before the release, serves as a good "preview" for my building and geeky fandom needs ;)

But patience always pays off with LEGO... won't be long and it'll be discounted to $25 or below -- close to $22 or even $20 is possible over the coming months with good timing, if you keep an eye on things.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I'd rather prefer Lego Movie over Big Hero 6, and this is coming from someone who likes another movie than both.

Ryuuroden

These third-party LEGO baseplate packs are burning up the charts on amazon. The market is really responding to LEGO's price gouging on baseplates lately. I'm even tempted to get some.

Green
Blue

I notice by reading amazon reviews and their comments that the company behind these is very active in engaging with people who are buying their stuff, that could be a good sign.

Welcome! Mine is preparing for shipment now. Yess!

Yeah, there is just really no reason other than profits for the raise in baseplate price. The Baseplates have the exact same mold they have had for like 30+ years and LEGO has factories in cheap labor areas of the world. Since these other companies are able to pump out the same thing for cheaper, it is sorta telling. Wonder if it will come back and bit them in a big enough way that they lower the price again.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Darn, was liking the look of the R2D2 set but the non-studless head kinda ruined it.

with that said I appreciate that it has more than one palette in its brickset unlike the others (well, maybe aside from B Fighter)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom