• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

iuuk

Guys I'm having a hard time making my mind. I have absolutely no room where to put my next purchase, but i could care less. I just got the Lego bug again. In deciding between The Tumbler and Detectives Office. any feedback or suggestions?
I'm having the same problem with deciding between the Tumbler and Parisian restaurant. If I didn't have any of the other modulars it would have been the Tumbler, no question, but I do. In your case; I don't know if you have any of the other modulars, but otherwise go for the Tumbler.

My problem is that my modulars are at my parents' house and will be there for a while (partly because space is limited, partly because I don't have a car and when they come to visit they come by train, so transporting them is not an option right now) and I want something to display here.

My other option is to wait for that rumoured Ferrari exclusive, is there any news on that? I've got four shelves reserved for cars in my display cabinets, and two are taken by the obvious choices. To Tumbler or Ferrari (or Restaurant and save a shelve for even later)

Fantomex

Do you have any other modulars? The latest is in my backlog and the more you add, the better they look. It's a terrible trap.

I've never been much of a fan of the tumbler (in any form), but if you're into it the model is pretty attractive.

I'm having the same problem with deciding between the Tumbler and Parisian restaurant. If I didn't have any of the other modulars it would have been the Tumbler, no question, but I do. In your case; I don't know if you have any of the other modulars, but otherwise go for the Tumbler.

My problem is that my modulars are at my parents' house and will be there for a while (partly because space is limited, partly because I don't have a car and when they come to visit they come by train, so transporting them is not an option right now) and I want something to display here.

My other option is to wait for that rumoured Ferrari exclusive, is there any news on that? I've got four shelves reserved for cars in my display cabinets, and two are taken by the obvious choices. To Tumbler or Ferrari (or Restaurant and save a shelve for even later)

I don't have any modulars at this time, just the mini modular from years ago. The tumbler would indeed look badass, shoot im gonna get both.

And the ferrari f1 set later!

iuuk

I don't have any modulars at this time, just the mini modular from years ago. The tumbler would indeed look badass, shoot im gonna get both.

Well, if you've got the money that is indeed the best choice ;). Beware of the money sink the modulars will prove to be though. I never wanted to buy any of them because of that reason, then LEGOGAF kept talking them up, then I got a good price on a fire brigade and now I've got 4 modulars and still want the three currently in production (Restaurant, Cinema and Detective Office).
On the other hand, all but pet shop are now worth way more than their initial price. So swings and roundabouts I guess.

The Maersk Line Triple-E has been marked for retirement by LEGO:

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Maersk-Line-Triple-E-10241

I read on another site that that's Lego's way of moving a slow seller. Mark it as Retiring Soon and upping the purchase limit from 2 to 5. It's only a theory though.

I was going to say get the Tumbler if you don't have any modulars, but heck, if you can buy both, why not? =)

Jimbro72

The Maersk Line Triple-E has been marked for retirement by LEGO:

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Maersk-Line-Triple-E-10241

I'm so torn on this set. On one hand, I want it because, as a display piece, I like it and it's definitely different from anything else I own so the build may be interesting, too, as a result, but on the other hand, that's $150 that could be put towards higher priority things I want. But now that it's going away sooner than later it's like, do I just cave so I don't regret it later on? I wonder if it will still be around when the next double VIP pts promo hits...

JANG review 76032 Avengers Quinjet City Chase:

http://youtu.be/xp3Jp1cXbqU

Is it just me or are there a disproportional amount of sets with 'rescue' or 'chase' at the end? The Milano is called 'Milano Spaceship Rescue' and theres no rescuing going on in the set. Just the Milano fighting one of Ronan's ships. I guess they focus grouped it and thought those types of verbs at the end makes it more interesting to kids or something.

Ponn

Banned
Damn lasership. Said my Black Manta set was delivered yesterday, nope no box at my door. I've never had an issue with anyone stealing my packages. Waited till today because it was an incredibly fast turnaround and I was thinking maybe they just marked it as delivered but delivering it today. Nope still nothing. Amazon good about this but it was a warehouse deal so they can only refund it. I guess I will just wait now till its deep discounted or something. My Hulkbuster hasn't shipped yet, grrrr hurry up Amazon. They really stick it to you if you don't have Prime.

went on a toy excursion with the kid... pretty much an instant purchase. it even has the potted plant!

hFGAi5L.jpg

ghostmind

Rob Schrab, who has directed episodes of Community and Parks & Rec, among others, has been named as the director for the LEGO Movie sequel. The sequel will be produced by Phil Lord and Christopher Miller, who directed the first LEGO Movie. Lord and Miller are also writing the screenplay for the sequel.

Rob Schrab, who has directed episodes of Community and Parks & Rec, among others, has been named as the director for the LEGO Movie sequel. The sequel will be produced by Phil Lord and Christopher Miller, who directed the first LEGO Movie. Lord and Miller are also writing the screenplay for the sequel.

HOLY SHIT

Rob also did several episodes of the Sarah Silverman show (the AMAZING baby robot episode) as well as SCUD: The Disposable Assassin, which is an incredible comic book.

This is FANTASTIC NEWS

ghostmind

Canadians - from February 27th until March 5th, TRU has select CITY and Juniors sets for 20% off.

If you are ordering online, don't forget to use the code "CineplexHoliday" to get an additional $10 off orders totalling $40 or more before tax.

Holy crap! On my quest to one day having ALL the current existing CMF series completed, i just stumbled on the fact that the CMF Series 1 zombie goes for like 40 bucks with some sellers, what gives? WHat's so special about him??? :(

Chuckie

Hey look what finally came today!

"Ok so a Rhino, Juggernaut and Spider walk into a bar...."

"Whoa wait guys..OUCH..I was supposed to deliver the punchline..OOF"

My first quality control issue, Rhino didn't come with blue technic pins for arms. Luckily my extra Lego ones worked fine. His head doesn't move and there is a seam going down his sides that is a little annoying up close but gotta say I like him.

Juggernauts head does move around so one up on Lego there. Didn't have the seam like Rhino and his bands on his arms are actually molded in so thats nice. So yea I like them both, two thumbs up.

That Juggernaut looks awesome. Where did you get it?

Rootbeer

Banned
Holy crap! On my quest to one day having ALL the current existing CMF series completed, i just stumbled on the fact that the CMF Series 1 zombie goes for like 40 bucks with some sellers, what gives? WHat's so special about him??? :(

There are some much cheaper than that

http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?itemID=95061

And if you're not a purist the zombie in this set is very, very similar and cheaper. it's got brown clothes instead of gray but the print looks the same to me

http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?itemID=111739

But yes the price has been steadily creeping up on a lot of the CMFs. Check out the prices on Bunny Suit Guy, who is a much newer figure than the Zombie. Some months ago I went through bricklink and bought a bunch of the ones I really liked -- about $200 worth, and settled on not trying to collect the full sets since a lot of them aren't worth the money to me.

I only have full sets starting with series 10 going forward.

The Doop

Finally received Slave 1 yesterday and so far really enjoying the build. The base is super solid and the stickers went on surprisingly smooth.

I remember reading an interview a long time ago (in a galaxy far, far away) with George Lucas and he was talking about ship design inspiration. He said the Slave 1 design was modeled loosely from a street lamp he saw somewhere. Thought that was pretty interesting.

People scooped it up when it was first released so the availability is limited now. I think I'm going to give up on getting all of the CMFs. I've got all of the series through the Simpsons but they just end up getting tossed in a box and never looked at again.

People scooped it up when it was first released so the availability is limited now. I think I'm going to give up on getting all of the CMFs. I've got all of the series through the Simpsons but they just end up getting tossed in a box and never looked at again.

I hear you, i was gonna give up too but then i have all of mine integrated into this huge CMF display and now it'll look bad when there are missing spots afterwards ;)

but damn, i can already tell, getting the rest of S1 will be expensive :( almost every fig in there is around 20 bucks at least

Toxi

Banned
This is interesting...Iron Man versions of Marvel and DC super heroes from a new LEGO knockoff company.
Iron Deadpool! LOL Iron Green Lantern kinda looks cool.

Video review
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REi2LPJIs5U

Flickr photos from the same reviewer in the video.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/digger318/sets/72157650462349998/

IMG_6232 by lbaswjk3ja, on Flickr
I can see the Venom figure being popular as an Agent Venom, though you have to fill in the eyes yourself.
Real talk: Gali should have been the third 20 Dollar set instead of Onua. Fantastic color scheme, and the Gold they'd inevitably tack on would look better with her color set.

I almost bought a second one for parts a few days ago (I needed other things, though)
I dunno, I feel Gali's close to perfect as-is. Really fantastic-looking figure.

I still haven't picked up Onua; I guess I'll order him online in March so I can get him with the transparent Hau. I personally can't wait to build that sucker, I saved him for last because he has the most interesting build of the Toa.

ruxtpin

Banned
Placed a big order for a bunch of superhero sets. Hulk Lab Smash, Capn' vs Hydra, X-Men vs Sentinel, Spidey vs Electro, Braniac Attack, Doc Ock Truck Heist, and Green Lantern vs Sinestro. Will wait a few paychecks and then get the other DC sets, the new Ultron ones, and Helicarrier.

3N16MA

Banned
Canadians - from February 27th until March 5th, TRU has select CITY and Juniors sets for 20% off.

If you are ordering online, don't forget to use the code "CineplexHoliday" to get an additional $10 off orders totalling $40 or more before tax.

Didn't they already do CITY during week 1? I thought they would have a sale on Friends, Disney Princess, or LEGO Movie starting Friday.

Ponn

Banned
Tumbler available on Amazon from Amazon at msrp, no discount. Probably better to get from Lego Store during double vip.

I hear you, i was gonna give up too but then i have all of mine integrated into this huge CMF display and now it'll look bad when there are missing spots afterwards ;)

but damn, i can already tell, getting the rest of S1 will be expensive :( almost every fig in there is around 20 bucks at least

Stores in the U.S. did not order many of Series 1 CMFs. So they quantities produced of series 1 is much lower than future series.

What's amazing is the price of the nurse is super high. There's nothing really special about that minifig IMO.

If you really are desperate and don't want to pay much, there is a knockoff of series 1 CMFs. Unfortunately it's not done by one of the higher "quality" knockoff makers.

http://mybrickstore.blogspot.com/2014/12/imitation-of-lego-collectible.html

Stores in the U.S. did not order many of Series 1 CMFs. So they quantities produced of series 1 is much lower than future series.

What's amazing is the price of the nurse is super high. There's nothing really special about that minifig IMO.

If you really are desperate and don't want to pay much, there is a knockoff of series 1 CMFs. Unfortunately it's not done by one of the higher "quality" knockoff makers.

When I bought series 1 last year I think the Nurse was the most expensive one. May have been...$25? I believe it was due to her accessories being rare.

Headed to Lego store later today to get a replacement card and grab some cheap army building sets and han solo. After that a wallet and then off to home for a nice rest.

Noticed some star wars magnets are $2. Might get one since we need more magnets at home.

Headed to Lego store later today to get a replacement card and grab some cheap army building sets and han solo. After that a wallet and then off to home for a nice rest.

Noticed some star wars magnets are $2. Might get one since we need more magnets at home.

Is there a Han Solo promo on right now?

Those magnets are a steal. I bought a bunch a few weeks ago. We painted a wall of our kitchen with magnetic chalkboard paint and the SW magnets work perfectly (the other square style LEGO magnets are not powerful enough to stay up).

The recent magnetic bricks do suck. At least the last batch I got. The bottom is sealed off, and they use so few magnets.
But, several years ago, I got a ton of the regular 2x4 magnetic bricks. They put a magnet inside each tube on the underside, and those things are strong as hell. It is only because of those the spice racks I made the other month even hold, or the iPad holder for the side of the fridge.

If they put more of the strong magnet ones out, I would get more. They are fun.

Katoki

Would you guys keep pestering LEGO if packages never make it to you due to no tracking to your state? I had put in an order sometime before Christmas for expiring points that never made it so they sent another no tracking order mid-January and it's now nearing March. This time I only got a "Sorry we don't have any shipping options that provide tracking" since I inquired about slow shipping that tracked since I'm not in a rush at all. I haven't asked if they'd sent out a third package if I paid for more expensive shipping yet though.

Thanks, but for me, it's the real thing or nothing. I am one of those "purists" that has to have the authentic figures! ;) I'll just pay up and call it a day i guess (i may get them used instead of new to push down the cost at least a little)

Tumbler available on Amazon from Amazon at msrp, no discount. Probably better to get from Lego Store during double vip.

If you have Amazon Prime, it's virtually always a better option than from Lego. Free 2 day shipping, no tax (location based), and you gain Amazon points that you can spend on anything, lego included.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom